• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Snooker

Wilko7

Very Active
It's almost that time of year again.

O'Sullivan is the greatest talent the game has seen however doesn't seem arsed these days. Robertson has struggled this year since becoming world champion. Higgins is back from his ban and Williams is close to regaining the number one ranking.

Who's going to win?

Jamie Cope v Andrew Pagett

John Higgins v Stephen Lee

Neil Robertson v Judd Trump

Mark Allen v Matthew Stevens

Ricky Walden v Rory McLeod

Mark Williams v Ryan Day

Stephen Maguire v Barry Hawkins

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Dominic Dale

Shaun Murphy v Marcus Campbell

Graeme Dott v Mark King

Stephen Hendry v Joe Perry

Ali Carter v Dave Harold

Peter Ebdon v Stuart Bingham

Mark Selby v Jimmy Robertson

Marco Fu v Martin Gould

O'Sullivan beat him with a 147 in the final frame in 2008 and in doing so knocked him out of the top 16. He had to play in the qualifying rounds for a while but has made an impressive comeback.

Dullest 'sport' in existence. Tons of skill in it but excrutiatingly dull to watch.

I very much doubt O'Sullivan will win it. I also hate that its so lop-sided a draw - Higgins, Maguire, Williams, O'Sullivan, Mark Allen all in the bottom half of the draw while Robertson has a free pass to the semis.

Mark Williams beaten by Stephen Lee in the 1st round of the China Open - despite 4 century breaks - 137, 133, 104 and 100. I can't imagine anybody's lost like that before.

[quote author=Mersey86 link=topic=44655.msg1307520#msg1307520 date=1301453721]
Mark Williams beaten by Stephen Lee in the 1st round of the China Open - despite 4 century breaks - 137, 133, 104 and 100. I can't imagine anybody's lost like that before.
[/quote]

Ha. They only win you one frame, as the saying goes. Presumably Stephen Lee had breaks of 26, 35, 38, 29, 41, 19, 32, 26, 34... etc.

[quote author=Mersey86 link=topic=44655.msg1304479#msg1304479 date=1300904475]
I very much doubt O'Sullivan will win it. I also hate that its so lop-sided a draw - Higgins, Maguire, Williams, O'Sullivan, Mark Allen all in the bottom half of the draw while Robertson has a free pass to the semis.
[/quote]
Well, maybe I was wrong about the free pass. I'll sit back now and wait for O'Sullivan to win it.

The standard is seriously high this year. So many players look in great form. Very hard to pick a winner at this stage. In terms of temperament and experience, I'd favour Higgins, but it's wide open really.

I wonder what odds you'd have got on Trump at the beginning of the tournament (particularly given that he was facing Robertson in the first round)?

Trump is a bit special. Just an incredible potter, with unbelievable cue power. I loved the way he decided to go after a 147 after potting two balls. Although losing that frame cost him dearly.

There was a documentary about the Black Ball final a few nights ago.

That was a fucking magnificent watch.

Back
Top Bottom