1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Wrestlemania.

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Oncy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Red Astaire

Red Astaire Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club.. Member

I really like you Oncy but FFS - Shawn Michaels?! Balls to you - Jimmy Fly Super Snuka all the way. Or the Beefcake!

2. refugee

refugee 4 * Xpert 11 Champ + only Veisercount Cup winner Member

Hulk Hogan is unequivocally the best wrestler ever for his role in popularising the "sport". Whilst he wasn't the best technical wrestler it was more than adequate for the role he played as a both a face and heel.

The most talented wrestler was the Hit Man, although Kurt Angle is very underrated.

Snuka is a murderer and a cunt

3. Red Astaire

Really? I just liked his flying antics. Beefcake was boss though.

As a side note I met a guy in Thailand that was sort of buddies with Ted Dibiase - Apparently he's some kind of monk now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  4. refugee

He notoriously murdered somone in the 80s and somehow managed to get away with it. A lot of the wrestlers mentioned it in their books http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/wwe-legend-jimmy-snuka-charged-6366460

I can imagine Ted Dibiase as a charismatic preacher. Hope he hasn't taken a vow of silence!

5. Oncy

Oncy Guest

Hulk Hogan!??

6. Got the moves like Carra

Got the moves like Carra Active Member

Couldn't agree more

Oncy likes this.
  7. Got the moves like Carra

Got the moves like Carra Active Member

Really dude?!?! The hair cutting was amusing when I was a kid but he was just a horrible wrestler!

8. refugee

If you are taking about the ability to have a good match then HBK would be in the top 5 easily but being a wrestler is about more than that.

Hulk was arguably the biggest face ever (slamming Andre at Wrestlemania 3), and probably the biggest heel ever when he joined the NWO. The only person that even compares to that reaction was Stone Cold. Go back and listen to the ovation he gets when he fought the Rock at whatever Wrestlemania that was, Rock was supposed to be the good guy in that match but Hulk got the bigger reactions.

He was also the first break out star in Wrestling when he started staring in films (admittedly shit films like Suburban Commando, Mr Nanny) and appearing in better films (Rocky 3, Gremlins 2 etc) and had his own TV show (Tropic Thunder).

9. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

Thunder in Paradise is a modern day classic.

Although I still can't believe grown men actually watch and follow this shit.

10. Red Astaire

I dunno he just made me laugh. To be honest I have no idea of any of their wrestling prowess - I was just into the theatre of it. Beefcake slapping the sleeper on and then cutting off their hair was deffo that!

11. dantes

dantes Very Well-Known Member

Hogan's a piece of shit.

12. Oncy

Oncy Guest

Dude youre crazy. The HBK held every crowd in the palm of his hand everywhere he went for years.
    Face or Heel, DX, the rockers.

13. refugee

WWF had some of the lowest TV ratings in their history when HBK was champ. Funny enough, Bret Hart had low ratings as champ as well but he had the edge over HBK due to money earned abroad.

Karl Hungus likes this.
  14. Oncy

Oncy Guest

Come on man. If you are talking more bankable asset, you win all day long.
    Hogan, Cena and the Rock are the money team. I wouldnt argue with that.
    But, name ONE great Hogan match? Like a GREAT match! One?
    Not how loud the crowd was, not how many Tshirts sold that night, but how great the work was.

15. dantes

dantes Very Well-Known Member

His match against HBK is hard to top, the work on display that night was pure genius level stuff.

Aidan O' Neill, Karl Hungus and Oncy like this.
  16. Oncy

Oncy Guest

Hahahaha

17. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Making America Great Again. Member

I agree in regards to Hogan, but his match against the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 4 or 5 was probably his best match I can recall, if only because he put over someone vastly inferior and made it at least half way presentable.

The Boy Toy is a good shout for GOAT, how about Stone Cold. I myself don't think he is the GOAT, but his mark is indelible and he was over as much as anyone I can ever remember.

Brett Hart is a fucking joke, his interviews used to make me cringe, even as a child who thought the shit was real.

Triple H is rising up the list as well.

Mine will always be Ric Flair. I look back at the old territory days when he was NWA champ, he had to go to places where he was barely known and be able to generate heat, put over whomever the territory's top draw at the time was, regardless of how skilled they were, and go 60 minutes with them. Then go to the next territory and do it all over again.

Hulk Hogan is not doing that, neither is Brett Hart. HBK or Triple H, I could see them easily filling that role.

18. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

The best in terms of ability is easily HBK. Easily. No contest at all. If you factor in impact on wrestling in terms of boosting awareness from outside or merchandising, fan base, legacy etc all that shite, then that's the only way Michaels drops down the list. He was really unlucky that injuries forced him out of the large part of the Attitude area, the most successful period ever for WWE. But HBK played a major part of ushering that in with his heel turn and DX. I remember I tuned in every week for about 2 years hoping he'd make a comeback. When he eventually did make a comeback I'd stopped watching it. Shame. He was one of my first idols when I was growing up.

19. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

Has anyone been in more great matches than the Undertaker ?

20. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

Undertaker is a shout. It's him second and HBK first for me. Think HBK has won the most match of the years than anyone else. Not sure that still stands. Haven't watched it for years and years.

I don't know if I'm being overly nostalgic, but it was amazing and painful viewing at the same time when HBK carried Cena through a match at Wrestlemania a few years ago. Cena the biggest man in the company that time and he was pale shadow of someone about 20 years older.