• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

WWE

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
Do we have any viewers on here?

I, like most people, was a fan when I was a kid. I've recently gone back and watched some stuff from the early 00s, and picked up from where I stopped watching first time around.

However, I thought I'd check out the current product. Christ, it's fucking shite! And not just because I'm older and there's no nostalgia, nor is it because of the lack of crowds.

That Money In The Bank match is the worst thing I've ever seen. That doesn't just include wrestling. It was like a really, really bad comedy sketch. It wasn't funny, interesting, nor was the action even good. Christ. It's worth seeing for just how bad it is.

It's a shame because the wrestlers are all probably the most talented they've ever had, but the booking is dreadful. I've heard about it for years with Roman Reigns being shoved down everyone's throat, and John Cena was fucking trash, but it shows no signs of getting better.

The one positive for me is Bray Wyatt. The little I've seen of this new gimmick is genius, with the potential to be something akin to a kind of new Undertaker character. They've already had him squashed by Goldberg, though, so no doubt they'll fuck this up, too.

Anyways, any viewers? Thoughts?

Do we have any viewers on here?

I, like most people, was a fan when I was a kid. I've recently gone back and watched some stuff from the early 00s, and picked up from where I stopped watching first time around.

However, I thought I'd check out the current product. Christ, it's fucking shite! And not just because I'm older and there's no nostalgia, nor is it because of the lack of crowds.

That Money In The Bank match is the worst thing I've ever seen. That doesn't just include wrestling. It was like a really, really bad comedy sketch. It wasn't funny, interesting, nor was the action even good. Christ. It's worth seeing for just how bad it is.

It's a shame because the wrestlers are all probably the most talented they've ever had, but the booking is dreadful. I've heard about it for years with Roman Reigns being shoved down everyone's throat, and John Cena was fucking trash, but it shows no signs of getting better.

The one positive for me is Bray Wyatt. The little I've seen of this new gimmick is genius, with the potential to be something akin to a kind of new Undertaker character. They've already had him squashed by Goldberg, though, so no doubt they'll fuck this up, too.

Anyways, any viewers? Thoughts?

I haven't watched in yeeeeeears, but post attitude era it went proper shit. NXT is a good side project, which Vince doesn't really get his hands on (in fact, there have been times when wrestlers are "promoted" to the main WWE roster, and Vince has actively tried to ruin them....)

Apparently McMahon is looking at selling, so when that happens I might dip my toe in again (lads getting to the right age for wrestling)

I haven't watched in yeeeeeears, but post attitude era it went proper shit. NXT is a good side project, which Vince doesn't really get his hands on (in fact, there have been times when wrestlers are "promoted" to the main WWE roster, and Vince has actively tried to ruin them....)

Apparently McMahon is looking at selling, so when that happens I might dip my toe in again (lads getting to the right age for wrestling)

Yeah, I don't know if he's getting senile (he looks like death, by the way), or if his finger is no longer on the pulse of what the fans want, but it seems to be getting worse.

It's no coincidence that superstars like Bray Wyatt, who aren't micromanaged and have every word scripted for them, come across best. They never scripted absolutely everything at it's peak, so don't know why they do it now.

Start by watching that Money In The Bank abomination. Holy shit was it bad.

As for NXT, yeah I've heard that's good. That's ran by HHH, isn't it? So if he eventually takes over the main roster, there could be some promise there.

I've followed off and on for years. It's been mostly garbage for the last decade. They fucked up with big stars like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan big time. They make a fuckload of money in Saudi these days so I don't think they care how much the fans rate the show. Some fans will always watch. NXT is a good watch a lot of the time but it's on tv now and doesn't get great viewership.

I've followed off and on for years. It's been mostly garbage for the last decade. They fucked up with big stars like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan big time. They make a fuckload of money in Saudi these days so I don't think they care how much the fans rate the show. Some fans will always watch. NXT is a good watch a lot of the time but it's on tv now and doesn't get great viewership.

Daniel Bryan is back now, though I doubt he can save the ratings slide.

I think I heard that one of the most recent Raws recorded the worst ever rating for the show.

There's a new number 2 wrestling company called AEW funded by the Khan family (Fulham owners). I looked at a few bits of it. Was ok. I think they all look shite in empty arenas.

Daniel Bryan is back now, though I doubt he can save the ratings slide.

I think I heard that one of the most recent Raws recorded the worst ever rating for the show.

I mostly mean the way he was booked. He was insanely popular back in the day and they messed up his return so bad they had to turn him. Should have been an easy win and printing t-shirt money. I read they won't have him on top because any wrestler is allowed to refuse to wrestle in Saudi Arabia and he doesn't go to those shows.

I mostly mean the way he was booked. He was insanely popular back in the day and they messed up his return so bad they had to turn him. Should have been an easy win and printing t-shirt money. I read they won't have him on top because any wrestler is allowed to refuse to wrestle in Saudi Arabia and he doesn't go to those shows.

Terrible isn't it? Like everything else, money comes first, even at the expense of morality and quality content.

Yeah, I heard about AEW. Haven't seen any of it, but they're putting together a decent roster. Jim Ross is there too. I've heard they've been victim to some shit booking recently, though, too.

I've watched clips online (it's definitely sad how much I like wrestling. I've gone to a couple of shows in Ireland in the last few years. I was very surprised by the quality of the shows). AEW seems ok. Some awful stuff, some good. They've got Jericho and Moxley (Dean Ambrose in WWE). That's a good start.

Yeah Jericho is one of my all-time favourites, and I've heard the comments from Moxley on his reasons for leaving the WWE. Seems like a shit show over there.

Dean Ambrose isn't in WWE anymore? I just thought he was injured

What a fucking disgrace

What a fucking disgrace

He's in AEW as Jon Moxley now. I actually saw a clip of his debut, was quite well done.

He left because of the shambolic creative there.

Their shares have fallen by 60% in just over twelve months. It seems the move to a subscription based model which people can cancel at any time, rather than guaranteed money from a television network, was not the brightest idea.

Their shares have fallen by 60% in just over twelve months. It seems the move to a subscription based model which people can cancel at any time, rather than guaranteed money from a television network, was not the brightest idea.

The Network has been around for years. I'd say it's more to do with the shitty content.

I only watch the highlight shows of both raw and smacked own now as it takes up too much of my time, I still watch the full weekly Impact Wrestling formerly TNA and I've just started AEW.

For me the best years were 2005-2009 especially in TNA, Don West and Mike Tenay 2 of my favourite commentators, David Penzer who's now back at IW one of my favourite ring announcers, and plenty of well known wrestlers like Kurt Angle Aj Styles Samoa Joe Abyss Bobby Roode Christian Sting and so on, now 99% of the roster are brought in from the indie circuit and tbf they've been doing a good job with some of them who have since shipped over to AEW or NXT/WWE, like Bobby Roode AJ Joe Eric Young and most recently Allie and Killer Kross but it's a shame to see them lose talent so easily, at the moment the brand is being carried by 1 individual, Sami Callihan.

All the types of matches you used to see back then you don't now, all the payperview events you used to have all been scrapped.

My issue with WWE is that no one is capable of cutting a good promo, not 1 good person on the mic with the exception of maybe Miz and Wyatt.

Also the whole Lesnar showing up when he pleases and only wrestling on certain events whilst still being 1 of the top earners pisses me off.

He's in AEW as Jon Moxley now. I actually saw a clip of his debut, was quite well done.

He left because of the shambolic creative there.

What a fucking disgrace
He moved months ago, he's now the AEW world champion...in dire need of hair transplant mind.

Matt Hardy also signed to them most recently.

Some updates from a very casual viewer...

Positives:

The 5 part Undertaker documentary is fantastic.
The Orton/Edge match at Backlash was great, even though it was lamely dubbed as "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever" before either man even got in the ring.

Negatives:

Everything else apparently.
Particularly the match/segment before the main event at Backlash between Street Profits and Viking Raiders (who!?) This steaming pile of crap was like the Money in the Bank match only worse. Camp, misplaced music, awful, unfunny "jokes" seemingly aimed at toddlers, magic (yes, really), dream sequences (YES, really) and monsters (YES. REALLY).

It's so bad it's almost begging to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom