• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll you can only have one or the other (NOT BOTH!!)

Prefix for Poll Threads

which would you rather? what is more important to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool in 4th. Man U exceeding our league titles will hurt but we have to worry about ourselves first

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=39541.msg1078053#msg1078053 date=1269866821]
Liverpool in 4th. Man U exceeding our league titles will hurt but we have to worry about ourselves first
[/quote]

this

I've actually voted for anyone bar United as champions and the reason is two-fold. Firstly it obviously keeps us level on titles with them and secondly I believe that our failure to qualify for next season's CL will speed up the departure of Hicks and Gillett.

Us in 4th. I hate United as much as anyone but what we do is more important.

To say that I would accept a worse situation for us just to see them not winning the league seems a bit like what an Everton fan might say

I can see Pesam's point about the yanks though

definately us for forth place and if we have to fuck up chelsea and thereby hand the title to manu so fucking be it. I support liverpool fc not ABUFC

Probably us in 4th.
The titles over United thing is a shite sliver of hope for us to hang onto anyway. Big whoop we've still got the same amount of titles as them. Sadly we havnt won one in 20 years. So clinging on to a bygone eras success is just a bit shite really.
In fact maybe if United did it a weight would be lifted dunno.
That said I don't really give a fuck about 4th either. So I actually don't care.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=39541.msg1078069#msg1078069 date=1269870002]
Probably us in 4th.
The titles over United thing is a shite sliver of hope for us to hang onto anyway. Big whoop we've still got the same amount of titles as them. Sadly we havnt won one in 20 years. So clinging on to a bygone eras success is just a bit shite really.
In fact maybe if United did it a weight would be lifted dunno.
That said I don't really give a fuck about 4th either. So I actually don't care.
[/quote]

I agree with all apart from the last part.
I do care about us being 4th, though I wouldn't consider it as much of a success and nor would I necessarily say that scraping 4th place is enough for Benitez to keep his job.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39541.msg1078073#msg1078073 date=1269870657]
it amazes me some people have voted for the latter option.
[/quote]

Doesn't amaze me. Some people have totally given up on Liverpool and want to see fundamental off and on-pitch changes next season, and hope (however blindly) that not qualifying for the CL will precipitate those changes, positively.

Big ask, and very optimistic, but not without some merit.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=39541.msg1078073#msg1078073 date=1269870657]
[/quote]

Neil, choose one option from below...................

4th place, CL football next season, Hicks & Gillet still own the club.

5th place, United not champions, Hicks & Gillet sell up (to possibly wealthy Arabs with deep pockets).

That's what i based my choice on, the belief that by not qualifying for the CL it devalues the club and therefore forces Hicks & Gillet to accept a lower offer than they would if we qualify for CL.

Short term pain for long term gain.

I think many of you are making too many assumptions about what might happen if we do/don't finish in the top 4. None of us really have any idea about the effects on the ownership issue, so the question comes down to this: do you care more about us succeeding (albeit in a very limited and still disappointing way) or our rivals failing (albeit in a relative and probably temporary way). It has to be the former for me.

HAS to be us getting fourth, 'cos that's what we KNOW is better for LFC's future...

Maybes and possibilites don't come into it - 4th place is all important to us, based on what we know. Where united or anybody else finish is irrelevant.

I mean, what are we really hanging onto with this titles thing anyway..? "Oh yeah? You've won 13 titles in the past 20 years? So what? Graeme Souness was better than Remi Moses!!!". It's been 20 years, FFS!

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=39541.msg1078053#msg1078053 date=1269866821]
[/quote]

What he said. When we support another team's failure above the needs of our own team, we will have sunk to the level of Everton.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=39541.msg1078074#msg1078074 date=1269871074]
[/quote]

Doesn't amaze me. Some people have totally given up on Liverpool and want to see fundamental off and on-pitch changes next season, and hope (however blindly) that not qualifying for the CL will precipitate those changes, positively.

Big ask, and very optimistic, but not without some merit.
[/quote]

Exactly which is why i've voted for anyone but manu as champions.

There is absolutely no merit in hoping liverpool fail to get CL qualification, because of your belief it would get the manager out. The same thing happened at the end of the Houllier reign. Houllier of course was off, even though he scraped 4th, and previously when missing 4th, stayed. You simply can't know what the consequences for not getting 4th are, except for the fact that it is a big issue in terms of attracting talent, and a big issue in terms of our financial state. If you want to apply what ifs to getting 4th, I'd suggest you look a little deeper than losing the manager. There are some pretty dire hypotheticals there.

Man U are going to pass Liverpool by in terms of titles. That's just exceedingly likely.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=39541.msg1078059#msg1078059 date=1269867171]
I've actually voted for anyone bar United as champions and the reason is two-fold. Firstly it obviously keeps us level on titles with them and secondly I believe that our failure to qualify for next season's CL will speed up the departure of Hicks and Gillett.

[/quote]

agree with that except for the hick and gillett bit (no idea they will leave or not) - 4th place is not worth celebrating whereas utd not exceeding us is.

Us in 4th.

Anything less has long term ramifications for our club that may be unthinkable & lead to Utd surpassing our haul time & again.

Them getting 19th is gonna happen, us being on their coattails in future is better than them missing out now & us scraping to 7 placings in future, or worse.

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=39541.msg1078151#msg1078151 date=1269887141]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=39541.msg1078059#msg1078059 date=1269867171]

[/quote]

agree with that except for the hick and gillett bit (no idea they will leave or not) - 4th place is not worth celebrating whereas utd not exceeding us is.
[/quote]

Celebrating Utd not exceeding our titles for one more year, having won 6 in a decade, with us in a total fucking mess is akin to Everton putting out a 3-0 dvd. Actually it's worse, because we have almost nothing to do with it at all.

It's pathetic.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=39541.msg1078229#msg1078229 date=1269896838]
Celebrating Utd not exceeding our titles for one more year, having won 6 in a decade, with us in a total fucking mess is akin to Everton putting out a 3-0 dvd. Actually it's worse, because we have almost nothing to do with it at all.

It's pathetic.

[/quote]

This.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=39541.msg1078229#msg1078229 date=1269896838]
It's pathetic.
[/quote]

Oh, I think everyone knows it. Deep down at least.

Every set of supporters probably keeps up some sort of front for one reason or another though. It's what we're here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom