• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"You're a f*cking gypsy" = 5 match ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more about the fact it was caught clear and loud on TV, I suspect.

I do respect Your ability to judge to better than mine, given Your the judge... But where is this leading us then. The Roma People (Gypsies) are a minority, hounded by the majority for decades and centuries. They have not made their own situation any easier themselves. There is hardly any of their kids finish secondary School, they are rootless they way they drfit around, and they are normally looked Down upon by the people in the land they are in at any given time. So when branding this guy a fucking Gypsy (even if he probably is not a gypsy in the first Place) is a strong insult. You don't get of easy if you abuse a sami people (Nort Scandinavian minority) a fucking "Lapp" in a football game. Neither I Guess they would get of easy calling him a fucking aboriginie if he was an aussie minority.

I cant say much about the five match ban ruling as I have no reference to what is a lengthy ban and not. Compared to the guy in the same article serving one match ban for swearing, such a direct insulting outburst warrants a much tougher ban than that?

Almost makes you think that if they weren't deliberately rootless and want to drift aimlessly they may establish some respect for themselves.

As for 5 match bans for using the vernacular you'd almost think that was designed to ingrain grudge.

But this has nothing to do with govt.

If someone in work repeatedly called a colleague a gypsy in a derogatory manner they'd rightly get fucked. That's all that's happened. It's just bad manners being sanctioned.

It has everything to do with government. Without prior legislative changes, lower-ranking public bodies wouldn't have gone this far. They see which way the wind is blowing and fall in behind it. Our own FA and its ludicrous disciplinary set-up are a ridiculous case in point.

More generally, I'm all for bad manners being sanctioned, but people (not just the victims but the vast majority of us who support them) need to do it themselves. There is no way I can support governments (and their lackeys lower down the public pyramid) setting up Thought Police to do it instead.

It has everything to do with government. Without prior legislative changes, lower-ranking public bodies wouldn't have gone this far. They see which way the wind is blowing and fall in behind it. Our own FA and its ludicrous disciplinary set-up are a ridiculous case in point.

More generally, I'm all for bad manners being sanctioned, but people (not just the victims but the vast majority of us who support them) need to do it themselves. There is no way I can support governments (and their lackeys lower down the public pyramid) setting up Thought Police to do it instead.

The reason people don't stand up for those people is because it takes an unbelievable amount of effort and tactical positioning to come out of it without getting fired yourself. But let the public bodies have their fun being the thought police, all the time the value of a racial discrimination claim is pushing further and further up. My figure was £1m. Most normal people would probably deal with £0.5m. Once the money catches up to those sorts of levels, you'll see all sorts of cunts all too willing to step in and "help" someone out. Especially if they happen to be hot too.

Those minorities will all start getting more jobs too. If your director is a racist, and the figure is £0.5m a pop, you're damn well going to hire a black person and hope for the best. If the director is a sexist, you'll hire a woman. If the director's a homophobe, you'll find someone gayer than Julian Clary. All the time you'll receive praise and accolades for your diversity and shit, people will think the world is getting better, but the reality will be that you're just rolling the dice to get your £0.5m.

Yeah he could have just punched the cunt's teeth out and I'd have been all for that too.

The irony of people in the UK criticising Australia for it's inherent racism is overfuckingwhelming.

The irony of that statement is that the only person I can see in this thread suggesting something like that is Irish.

The irony of that statement is that the only person I can see in this thread suggesting something like that is Irish.

The other irony is Ryan getting angry about the Brits - since he holds the passport himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom