• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Youth / Reserve Team Thread... 2010 - 2013

West Ham v Liverpool U21's

Gulacsi, Flanagan, Roddan, Sama (cap), Jones, Lussey, Nacho, Teixeira, Margan, Adorjan, Peterson

Subs: Bijev, Ward, Mukendi, Maguire, Dunn

Ibe still injured, Coady with first team.

The ref and linesmen were fucking dreadful. Peterson was called offside a half dozen times when he was on. Their first goal was a fucking joke. Our keeper was assaulted.

Finished 2-1 to West Ham. Lee took his goal well for West Ham's second, Liverpool were fortunate to get the pen to make it 2-1 (Adorjan). Thought Flanagan had a decent game, Teixeira looked out of sorts first half, acted a bit petulant at times after not receiving a free kick, got booked. Peterson was excellent throughout. The officials were shit

Fair result in the end.

Diego Gonzalez, left-back from Cadiz
diegoampliada.jpg

Looks like we've taken this lad on trial. Was linked with move to Real Madrid earlier this month.

David ‏@davidjaca 5h
Diego González, a 16 year old full-back from Cádiz CF, will spend a week at Liverpool on trial. Roma and Real Madrid interested too. #LFC

David ‏@davidjaca 5h
González a left back, noted for speed and technical quality. Already made debut for first team at 16 and has attracted much interest. #LFC

News originating from Spain:
http://www.portalcadista.com/index....l-liverpool-fc&catid=18:La-Cantera&Itemid=342

Arsenal U-21 1 - 1 Liverpool U-21

We needed a point to qualify for the playoffs against the Mancs, and trailed 1-0 until the last minutes of normal time. Alex Inglethorpe had introduced Dunn and debutant Villyan Bijev after 75 minutes or so to spark the side, and it was Bijev who grabbed the important equalizer. Roddan didn't give up and kept scrapping for the ball, won it, and fed it to Ibe, who then went on a great run beating two guys and sending the cut back to Bijev arriving in the box to finish sharply with his right foot. So a bright start to his LFC career then.

Watched only the final 25 minutes of the game; Sama, Roddan and Adorjan all did well in that time. Ibe looked muted initially, until Inglethorpe pulled him aside and talked to him (according to the commentators) and that seemed to spark him into life and he gave their right back a hard time thereafter. McLaughlin played on the left with Flanagan on the right. I thought both fullbacks didn't contribute much to the attack in the period I watched.

Commentators were saying we dominated the first half but didn't capitalize on our chances.

Mancs v LFC under 18s live now on LFCTV.

Team: Ward, Flanagan, Roddan, Sama, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Teixeira, Dunn, Shelvey, Peterson.

Shelvey scored a great goal to make it 1-0. Straight down the other end and Sama fouls as last man and gets a red card. Only five minutes gone. The ref - who is a massive tool - then goes nuts and starts threatening everyone, and books Shelvey for moaning about a really bad tackle that went unpunished and Roddan just for coming on a second before he gestured for him to do so. Amazing how often a really promising performance against the mancs at any level gets undermined early on by a sending off. Dunn, played up front on his own, now looks understandably isolated. Wisdom imperious so far at CB. Suso a bright spot, looking pacier than he's seemed before, bombing past their right back on several occasions.

HT Mancs 0 LFC 1.

The ref wrecked the game as a really exciting spectacle - we were flying before the early sending off. It's been about caution since then, but we've defended quite well. The players have clearly clocked this ref as one of Ginsoak's homers and a certain air of resignation surrounds a few of them, who don't really know if they can tackle and escape a card. Wisdom and Peterson looking very solid, Suso very lively. Dunn badly needs more support and Coady needs to gamble and be more aggressive in midfield.

62 minutes and Lloyd Jones (CB) and Adorjan (attacking midfielder) brought on for Wisdom and Shelvey - it looks as though they're being rested for the first team squad.

Peterson, Teixeira and Suso still showing good touches but we're predictably playing quite deep and attacks are few and far between now it's 10 against 11. Good defending, though, in the circumstances.

This ref must be bent - Jack Dunn gets hauled down waiting for a throw in and the ref just stares.

81 mins - 1-1, Flanagan own goal, the equaliser had been coming for a time. Lousy luck after holding on for so long.

FT: 1-1.

Shelvey and Wisdom were assured and influential until they were rested. Peterson was decent going down the left. Very impressed with Teixeira's attitude - he was forced to defend for most of the match but he was tough, worked his socks off and still managed the odd attacking move. Suso also worked very hard and was lively going forward until fatigue set in. Coady never really made his presence felt in a weakened midfield. Dunn was tried out as a centre forward but the sending off left him painfully isolated. Lousy ref did all he could to get the mancs back into the game, but our players worked very hard indeed and deserve praise for the draw.

FT: 1-1.

Shelvey and Wisdom were assured and influential until they were rested. Peterson was decent going down the left. Very impressed with Teixeira's attitude - he was forced to defend for most of the match but he was tough, worked his socks off and still managed the odd attacking move. Suso also worked very hard and was lively going forward until fatigue set in. Coady never really made his presence felt in a weakened midfield. Dunn was tried out as a centre forward but the sending off left him painfully isolated. Lousy ref did all he could to get the mancs back into the game, but our players worked very hard indeed and deserve praise for the draw.
Thanks for that Macca

Jack Robinson: a Wolves loan opinion

The following article is being reprinted with permission of ComptonStars (a Wolves fan blog), it is about Jack Robinson’s time at Wolves while on loan from Liverpool.

I’ll cut to the chase was Jack Robinson any good during his time on loan at Wolves? and the answer would be a resounding yes after getting in the team less than 24 hours after signing he was thrown straight into the fire away to Barnsley, Jack has played nearly every game since missing just the one, including in that time a MOTM award vs Middlesborough.

The pros of Jack Robinson are certainly his decision making and timing, knowing when to drop off or go and meet the ball this is extremely impressive of somebody at 19 years old, from an offensive point of view with is extremely prevalent of fullbacks in the modern game I liked how when he was in the final third he would nearly always find a player with the cutback rather than an aimless ball into the box, again this comes down to making the correct decision with and without the ball, this in my opinion separates top footballers from average footballers, his passion, desire and no nonsense tackling ability was good to see and made him a firm fans favorite during his time at Molineux.

The cons that i picked up on Jack are he may lack a touch of dymatism that you would see from an J Enrique or Glen Johnsen (from my limited viewing of the players mentioned) the ability to get up and down to support the attack from fullback, I am not saying this wont improve in the future I am speaking how i saw it in the present, while i noted it as a positive his passion and desire were close to boiling over on a few occasions with a risky challenges he didn’t have to make whilst on a yellow card, but i don’t see that as much of an issue when you take a young players instinct away from them you are limiting them as a person and a footballer.

In my opinion do I think he could play 1st team football for Liverpool Football club in the upcoming 2013/2014 season? Answer would be yes, no doubt but not on a regular basis just yet, maybe a few games in and out, in the cups and against the smaller teams in the division where the pressure is not as great and he can develop at his own pace.

Another option is another loan I would say this is only suitable if its to a team where he will start week in week out if he can get this at a smaller Premiership team then ideal but if he has to drop to the top to the top end of the Championship i wouldn’t be against that providing he plays week in week out, i am just gutted its not with Wolves.

To conclude having Jack Robinson at Wolves was an absolute pleasure and you wont have any Wolves fans that would say a bad word about him you can be reassured Liverpool fans Jack Robinson will be your left back and possibly center back for years to come.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/2013/05/06/jack-robinson-a-wolves-loan-opinion/

It's an interesting conundrum - we have a few youngsters that seem capable - the problem is they aren't good enough to figure consistently in a champions league challenging team (which we aspire to).

But, they aren't going to get to that level without playing consistently at a competitive level.

So we either find the right loan move or accept results will slide.

Ideally Robinson will go on loan to a premier league side, so he's ready for consistent first team action the season after next. Similar loans for suso, sterling, coady, and maybe teixera

Everytime I've seen Wisdom play CB (for LFC u-21's and England u-21's) he has looked superb, very assured and very natural (in that position). We should start him beside Agger in the next match.

He'll most likely start beside Carra instead, since it's the final games of Carra's career, and also since Agger seemed to pick up a knock against Everton.

He'll most likely start beside Carra instead, since it's the final games of Carra's career, and also since Agger seemed to pick up a knock against Everton.
Fair enough, Carra deserves to play very minute of our remaining games but if Agger is fit I'd like to see a Wisdom/Agger pairing before the end of the season to see how they gel..............Carra could play one of his last matches at full back.

Back
Top Bottom