• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Şahin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen C

Well-Known
Am I the only one that's not impressed with him at all? Seems to have no presence on the pitch and no bottle. He's yet to have a really good game. I'd rather play Suso in that position than Şahin.

he doesn't offer reet much does he.. but he'll be madrids player of the season next season

Am I the only one that's not impressed with him at all? Seems to have no presence on the pitch and no bottle. He's yet to have a really good game. I'd rather play Suso in that position than Şahin.

You are not the only one. Today we needed a Shelvey in his position. Şahin was a shitehouse and did little bar a shot that went close to impress me. Obvious choice for a sub.

He's got plenty of excuses to fall back on: hasn't had much football in the last year, in a new league, playing in a dysfunctional team etc. The one thing he doesn't get a pass on is shitting out of challenges. He did it again early in today's game and it really fucks me off.

It's difficult one. We know he has talent but right now he's not showing it.

I hope he is acclimatising, but he seems to be the odd one out in our central midfield three - not a DM, not a box surging midfielder, and is not dictating the game as a play maker. I'm glad we have him on loan, just in case things don't work out.

Like veron, some players no matter how talented, just aren't suited to the hustle and bustle of the premier league.

Can only hope he gets better especially for the wages we are paying on him

We looked a lot better when Şahin came off and Suso came on. Şahin may have more experience, but I don't see Suso playing any worse than Şahin if given a chance in the middle. Can't be anymore anonymous that's for sure.

Suso is a much better footballer. But he only looks more influential because he can afford to wait a bit longer to pick a pass, since if he needs to he can always dribble past anyone who closes him down. Unfortunately Şahin can't do that. So when he's being closed down and there's little movement in front of him, then he shits himself and gives the ball to somebody else.

I think he offered just as much as the other two at midfield today. Even more than Allen... But he was not good anyway.

Bitterly disappointed with Şahin so far. Hope he turns it around as he really does have sensational talent

Perhaps he's just not destined to play in the UK

I just thought a guy that has played in Germany and Spain would have made more of an impact by now. He will definitely get benched when Lucas is fit. Don't care about his rep, to me Suso should be ahead of him.

I'm still waiting for the German league player of the year to emmerge.

Did we all watch the same game? I thought Şahin had a very good game. I didn't count but I bet he played the most successful forward passes out of our middle 3 while he was on the pitch and made several quality interceptions. Rodgers finally played him in the back 2 with Allen and I thought Şahin looked much more comfortable there. Maybe it depends on your expectations. Şahin is not a Gerrard type, he is not going to dribble past players and be very visible, but he does a lot of very intelligent things that you need to be done in your midfield. I thought he played really well in the 1st half, but started to fade a bit in the 2nd half, which shows he is not in top physical condition yet. But he should be pleased with his performance tonight.

It's November. Is he really getting subbed because he's still not hit peak fitness levels?

To be honest so far he's got more Aquilani about him than Alonso when it comes to impact which is sad and to me a little surprising as well. Valid arguments why he hasn't hit the ground running has been mentioned already (see Keni's post amongst others) but truth to be told even so he looks like he's out of his depths at times.

It's early days and he needs time as does the new look team in general but we're not jumping to sign this lad permanently by any means at this stage is my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom