• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

115 vs the world

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Now they are in court one way or another and the autumn start of the 115 hearing I think it is best to separate out Man Shitty’s shenanigans from the main Football Finance thread.

Man City - associated businesses are good

Also Man City - associated businesses are bad

Manchester City are claiming the Premier League has treated them unfairly in assessing their commercial income by relying on the analysis of a data company which also works for their rivals. The Guardian has learned that the league’s scrutiny of the fair market value of City’s deals was undertaken by Nielsen Sports, a global data and media valuation firm that has contracts with several top-flight clubs.

City are understood to have raised the Premier League’s use of Nielsen in their legal battle over associated party transactions (APT), in which clubs strike sponsorship or revenue deals with businesses linked to their owners, which was heard in private last month. A decision on the landmark case is expected soon, although it is unclear when it will be made public.

The club and the Premier League are also preparing to lock horns in an era-defining legal hearing in November, with the winners of six of the past seven league titles accused of 115 breaches of financial fair play rules. Both parties declined to comment on either case when contacted by the Guardian. City have denied wrongdoing.

The Premier League appointed Nielsen to help police its APT rules when the regulations were introduced in 2021 in a move approved by the clubs. It is understood the Nielsen team working for the league on APT rules is ringfenced from the rest of its business, an operation with eight offices around the world from Los Angeles to Melbourne.

City have brought a hugely significant legal challenge against the Premier League’s introduction and enforcement of APT rules, leading to an 11-day arbitration hearing. The club voted against APTs when they were first tabled three ago and again when the rules were tightened in February this year.

It is claimed by City that the regulations, designed to ensure sponsorship received from companies with links to clubs’ owners are of fair market value, are unlawful because they contravene competition law. If successful the club will also demand financial damages from the Premier League for perceived losses from sponsorship deals blocked after analysis by Nielsen.

City are also understood to be arguing that the Premier League’s APT rules are far more restrictive than Uefa’s and want them relaxed. The unprecedented legal action has sparked a civil war in the top flight, with Newcastle, Chelsea and Aston Villa sympathetic to City but Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool strongly opposed to their claim.

Legal documents from City also allege that the rules were designed to “discriminate against Gulf owners”. That bold claim is based on the fact that APTs were brought in as a response to the Saudi-backed takeover of Newcastle in 2021.

City posted a Premier League record revenues of £712.8m last November on the back of winning the treble, an increase of almost £100m on the previous 12 months, and their commercial income has led to eyebrows being raised at other clubs given the size of their global fanbase compared with that of Manchester United and Liverpool. Three of City’s biggest sponsors have close links to their Abu Dhabi owners, including the shirt and stadium sponsors Etihad Airways, Etisalat and Experience Abu Dhabi.

I dont know how to say this without people taking the piss out of me. But a part of me wants then to stick around as they are - only to see them fuck up Real Madrid in the CL, and also while they win titles I know neither Arsenal or United will. Honestly they are so corrupt and rich I dont actually give a fuck of they win the title.

I fucking hate RM now, I see them as some sort of France type team with a bit of Brazil glamour. I actually think UEFA need to deal with them, they poach players by showing interest and encouraging them to run down contracts and then swoop in getting players way below market value. Them and Barca (with cash) are the ultimate tap up merchants..

I dont know how to say this without people taking the piss out of me. But a part of me wants then to stick around as they are - only to see them fuck up Real Madrid in the CL, and also while they win titles I know neither Arsenal or United will. Honestly they are so corrupt and rich I dont actually give a fuck of they win the title.

I fucking hate RM now, I see them as some sort of France type team with a bit of Brazil glamour. I actually think UEFA need to deal with them, they poach players by showing interest and encouraging them to run down contracts and then swoop in getting players way below market value. Them and Barca (with cash) are the ultimate tap up merchants..

Nah, not having that. City can go do one.

Real have built their squad and commercial base smartly. And have an actual history. Yes, they had plenty of help getting to their current position by Franco and successive Spanish governments but they're a proper club with history and glamour.

City are a Petrostate funded bunch of cheating wankers. And they play in our league.

Nah, not having that. City can go do one.

Real have built their squad and commercial base smartly. And have an actual history. Yes, they had plenty of help getting to their current position by Franco and successive Spanish governments but they're a proper club with history and glamour.

City are a Petrostate funded bunch of cheating wankers. And they play in our league.
RM may have have history but that startup is goverment instituted just like current funding for City. The practices of RM in aquiring players is way to dodgy for my liking and in many ways the arrival of Chelsea, City and PSG has forced them to limit their past shit.

RM may have have history but that startup is goverment instituted just like current funding for City. The practices of RM in aquiring players is way to dodgy for my liking and in many ways the arrival of Chelsea, City and PSG has forced them to limit their past shit.

Sure, they're cunts. They're the cunts we accuse Barca of being (and are occasionally guilty of being ourselves).

But they play within UEFA and La Liga's financial rules, however many advantages they may have in meeting them.

It's not City's unlimited resources that are offensive, it's their willingness and proclivity to break the rules that the rest of the clubs follow.

That and they're managed by a bitter, dogshagging cunt.

Sure, they're cunts. They're the cunts we accuse Barca of being (and are occasionally guilty of being ourselves).

But they play within UEFA and La Liga's financial rules, however many advantages they may have in meeting them.

It's not City's unlimited resources that are offensive, it's their willingness and proclivity to break the rules that the rest of the clubs follow.

That and they're managed by a bitter, dogshagging cunt.
I like the status quo, so what ? those players city aquired were never considered world class, and also they won the titles due to superior coaching.

There will be an informal one, and I'll be there.
Starting in Momo’s?

IF it was to happen, the club will do a presentation of some kind from Kirkby and also one ahead of the earliest premier league game at home.

Seems like the fines increased with each passing charge. That’s just for a few minutes of broadcasters time. Things are gonna go crazy for them for full on financial doping. Liquidate the cunts.

Citeh have been fined £2m by the Premier League for delaying kick-offs and restarts 22 times last season.
Wonder how much they'll be fined for delaying their comeuppance for being financially doping cunts?
that's the coffee and biscuits fund topped up.

What's the latest on their trial? Has it started?
They've had the arbitration hearing on whether the FFP rules are valid or not (start of last month) so we're waiting on the outcome of that (thought we might have heard by now).
The trial was rumoured for Autumn this year.

The hearing was about the sponsorship from affiliated companies, right? (WiIl clearly have an impact on FFP)

If so, I heard on a podcast that it was being held behind closed doors and there would be no publicity at all about the outcome; not quite sure how that works, but maybe we will see a rule change being submitted to the next PL members meeting (if City won) or nothing happen (if they didn't)

The hearing was about the sponsorship from affiliated companies, right? (WiIl clearly have an impact on FFP)

If so, I heard on a podcast that it was being held behind closed doors and there would be no publicity at all about the outcome; not quite sure how that works, but maybe we will see a rule change being submitted to the next PL members meeting (if City won) or nothing happen (if they didn't)
Yes, that’s right on the subject matter. I can’t believe the outcome won’t be made public City won’t be able to resist bitching or gloating, depending on the result.

From the Times:

The hearing against Manchester City on 115 alleged breaches of Premier League rules is set to start next month with the outcome known early in the new year.
The independent commission had been expected to start in November but sources with knowledge of the case have said that it is now due to begin in mid-to-late September, unless there are further legal delays.
The hearing has been scheduled to last ten weeks, with the commission members expected to deliver their verdict at the start of 2025. The outcome of City’s separate legal case brought against the Premier League’s associated party transactions (APT) rules is set to be revealed in the next two weeks, which would then allow the 115 charges hearing to take place earlier. There is a belief that City have achieved some successes in the arbitration hearing.

The Premier League declined to comment. Manchester City did not respond when approached by The Times.

Fine and slap on the wrist, then a stern talking to in the new year

Maintain that I'll likely be done with premier league football if justice is not served. What's the point?
I can see the supporters of 19 other clubs feeling the same. That’s why they will get done hard. Otherwise the “product” is done.

I can see the supporters of 19 other clubs feeling the same. That’s why they will get done hard. Otherwise the “product” is done.
Products been done for years. Global passive fans won't care, it's only the hardcore fans who'll care. Hardcore fans don't buy the merch

Back
Top Bottom