• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

2013-2014 Basketball Discussion

I just saw that Davis is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds per game, he is having a monster season. He just needs to be told people are supposed to have 2 eyebrows, not 1.

The Wizards have had a good week. Wins over the Thunder then the Trail Blazers taking John Wall above.500 for the first time in his professional career, then a double overtime v the Spurs which they should have won. Looks like they'll be in the playoffs this year.

The Wizards have had a good week. Wins over the Thunder then the Trail Blazers taking John Wall above.500 for the first time in his professional career, then a double overtime v the Spurs which they should have won. Looks like they'll be in the playoffs this year.

Then they go and lose to the Cavs, ouch. They'll still probably make the playoffs though.

Playoffs match-ups set:

Eastern Conference:

Indiana (1) v. Atlanta (8)
Miami (2) v. Charlotte (7)
Toronto (3) v. Brooklyn (6)
Chicago (4) v. Washington (5)

Western Conference:

San Antonio (1) v. Dallas (8)
Oklahoma (2) v. Memphis (7)
Clippers (3) v. Golden State (6)
Houston (4) v. Portland (5)

My Suns miss out by a hair. Tied for the 11th best record in the league but can't make the playoffs because the West is so competitive, and the East is such a joke. They would've been seeded 3rd in the East. And as it happens, the NBA will reward them with the fucking 14th pick in the draft, whereas the Sixers who've completed one of the most shameless tank jobs in NBA history will probably get a top 3 pick. The NBA really needs to reconsider its lottery system.

That said, can't be sad with the way the team played this season. One of the worst teams last year to one of the most exciting teams in the league. Jeff Hornacek has had almost a Brendan Rodgers like effect on the team. The future looks bright - two all-star level talents in Dragic and Bledsoe, multiple first-round picks in 2014 and 2015 and loads of cap space. Should hopefully be major contenders in 2 years time.

As for the playoffs, the East won't be a worth a watch till the finals. Some excellent match-ups in the West though. Clippers v. Warriors will be real fun to watch.

Mavericks were two points from facing the Thunder, a team they may have been able to upset.

But the Spurs? Matchup hell ... I'll be impressed if they win a game.

Hope Indiana are up for it - and can make the East interesting.

Clips/Warrior is best opening series.

I'd fancy the Spurs to sweep you guys. You just don't beat a Popovich team in the playoffs unless you're flat out better.

Thunder should beat the Grizzlies, but I can see the Grizzlies winning a game or two.

The other two match-ups in the West - Clippers-Warriors and Rockets-Blazers - could both go either way.

As for the East, what a piss-take. Rubbish teams throughout other than the big 2. Chicago is the third best easily - I bet they regret trading Deng now. With him around, they might have actually been in the fray.

Indiana is falling apart, so is Houston. How about Lemarcus Alderidge.

Washington is playing very well I expect them to make it to the Eastern conference finals if Indiana does not wake up.

Miami taking care of business. Hopefully OKC is in the midst of falling apart, and hopefully the Spurs get it together for game 3, else we may be in trouble.

These playoffs are fucking great.

What about Donald Sterling? He's just fucked the Clippers hasn't he?

I'd fancy the Spurs to sweep you guys. You just don't beat a Popovich team in the playoffs unless you're flat out better.

Thunder should beat the Grizzlies, but I can see the Grizzlies winning a game or two.

No sweep for you!

Griz-Thunder will go to 7.

These playoffs are fucking great.

What about Donald Sterling? He's just fucked the Clippers hasn't he?

Agree ...

Re: STerling. As a lawyer, does it open a pandora box as he said that stuff in private? If so, what about all the racist stuff that has been spewed by players (some are prime time commentators now)? Does that become 'open season'?

No sweep for you!

Griz-Thunder will go to 7.
Haven't had the time to watch any of the playoffs, but some major surprises so far. OKC, Spurs, Pacers and Chicago the big ones. Actually, OKC not so much - Memphis are a really good team, especially now that Gasol is back.

Agree ...

Re: STerling. As a lawyer, does it open a pandora box as he said that stuff in private? If so, what about all the racist stuff that has been spewed by players (some are prime time commentators now)? Does that become 'open season'?

I've no idea what the law is in the USA on that. I dont think it was recorded for the purposes of legal proceedings - in which case it wouldnt usually be admissable.

I just think it's funny that an Nba owner has an issue with black people.

I've no idea what the law is in the USA on that. I dont think it was recorded for the purposes of legal proceedings - in which case it wouldnt usually be admissable.

I just think it's funny that an Nba owner has an issue with black people.

He was defo stitched up - either by a recently fired employee or by the girl ... I mean, it doesn't absolve him of his crime but it smells like a rat.

Absolutely he was.

Hard to have sympathy for him though - if he was joking I cutoff give him the benefit of the doubt but he wasn't and he has previous.

Sterling banned for life from attending any NBA game or from participating in any Clippers' business or basketball operations. Will also force him to sell. Wow.

Can definitely see this going to court.

$2.5 million fine as well. Fucking hell, they've thrown the book and the kitchen sink at him.

Does that mean all the NBA players who've said racist stuff are going to be in serious shit now too? I mean there are some players that everyone know are racists (A few prominent hall of famers too!).

Can they really force him to sell? It's the right punishment, and the a massive fine (that should go to various charities).

Those rules being used were an agreed set between owners- so presumably only can be used on them

Silver could rightly steal Sam Cassell's trademark celebration right now

I was just think Jalen Rose should be shit scared now ... his comments about Duke or Gronk were bloody racist ...

out of interest , has he actually broken any laws saying what he did ? He's still a very unpleasant man but if he's not done anything illegal how can they force him to sell his team ? .

West Semi-Finals:

Spurs v. Blazers
Thunder v. Clippers

East Semi-Finals:

Pacers v. Wizards
Miami v. Brooklyn

Miami and Spurs certs to go through for me. OKC and Clippers will be tough to call. Could go to 7 again.

I think Wizards will give a fright to the Pacers.

Back
Top Bottom