• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting 2015/16 1% per day challenge

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of week 23 and, despite being up +£55 at one stage, I finished the week level so the bank remains on £482 and is for the first time below the target of £487.

The target for week 24 is £522.

There is always a temptation to bung the whole £482 on Barca to win the CL @ 5/2 which, if successful, would mean I'd hit the target. But I suppose that goes against the stated goal of the bet i.e.1% approx per day. I was tempted to put the whole bank on Barca last night at 1/8ish (1.12) and wish I had but I haven't seen Valencia in ages and noticed they hadn't conceded many this season (until last night).

Bizarre price for Kilmarnock to win at Rangers. Yes Rangers should be favourites because Killie are struggling but Rangers are hardly world beaters and are a league below Kilmarnock. I'd price the game 5/4 Rangers......9/4 Draw and 2/1 Killie so the 17/2 available is crazy.

£10 Killie to win at Rangers to win £86

£20 over 1.5 goals Hearts v Hibs to win £8. This is an unusual one because normally I'd be wary of Hibs excellent defensive record but both teams have very good forwards on show and being a frenetic derby I think there should be goals.......I've also stuck £10 @ 90/1 on 3-3 (not on this 1% challenge though).

£12 over 1.5 goals Barnsley v Bury.....to win £4

Awesome thread, great discipline and patience.

Pesam what are your thoughts on getting to a really high bank? Let's say you make it to say £100,000 and you're staking silly amounts like £75,000+ surely you wouldn't be able to stick it on under 3.5 goal market it wouldn't get matched or the odds would continue to drop?

Last edited:
Awesome thread, great discipline and patience.

Pesam what are your thoughts on getting to a really high bank? Let's say you make it to say £100,000 and you're staking silly amounts like £75,000+ surely you wouldn't be able to stick it on under 3.5 goal market it wouldn't get matched or the odds would continue to drop?
Cheers imperious.

Discipline and patience is the key and like ALL other gamblers I have lapses. The problem is that when you lose a bet the natural instinct is to win the money back and when you win a few bets you feel you are on a roll and great at this gambling lark and start betting too often. I find this 1% challenge very helpful in my regular betting as I am ultra-cautious and only bet when i have a very strong feeling.................because of this I've become more selective with my regular bets which has proved profitable.

Yeah the problem with betting large amounts is one of liquidity. I used to bet heavily on the winners of each division and would trade the bets all season to try and improve my potential profit but now restrict myself to the Premier League and Championship because there isn't enough liquidity on the lower divisions so if I'm trying to hedge certain bets it's difficult.

If you get to a situation where you are betting £10,000+ (my biggest ever bet was £2,000) you would be restricted to certain markets. The under/over 3.5 goal market would still be an option from time to time but only on very big games.

I doubt I'll ever get to that level though, my target every season is to try and finish £2,000 - £3,000+ up and have managed it most seasons although the last 2 seasons profits have disappointed. I thought it might be down to becoming a Father and having less time to research my bets BUT so far this season is looking very promising.

I'm tempted by as lay of MK Dons tonight against Middlesbro but will wait to see the team news later.

I bet the \Middlesbro fans will be going beserk....Jordan Rhodes on the bench again! Added to that Clayton is rested as he's one booking away from suspension and Ayala is injured....I'm gonna leave the Middlesbro game alone and maybe re-visit it at half time.

£20 Lay (bet against) Stevenage keeping a clean sheet at Hartlepool.......to win £6

Half time MK Dons 1-0 Boro....not surprised given the Boro team and formation. I'm going on a hunch here.....£5 Boro to win....to win £18. I'm guessing he'll bring on Rhodes and play 2 up front (with Nugent). I'm also guessing the Boro price will drop as soon as punters see he's made the substitution so I'm betting on a hunch (but he'll be crazy not to change things).

£4 Berahino to score anytime v Peterbro to win £6
£2 McAuley to score anytime v Peterbro to win £23

End of week 24 and with a +£66 profit the bank £548 is back (marginally) ahead of target £522.

The target for week 25 is £560.

Did you see the documentary shown on Setanta about pro gambler John O Shea yet @Pesam?
It's called The Gambler.
Well worth a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom