• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2017/18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombrown

Resident grammar Trot
This guy will help us win our 4th in a row, in Gerrard's farewell season:-

Sky Sports understands that Liverpool have won the race to sign Bristol City's highly-rated teenager Herbie Kane.
The 14-year old will be the second youngster to exit Ashton Gate in the space of a week after the Robins lost Kane's team-mate Jacob Maddox to Chelsea.
A host of Premier League clubs were believed to have been chasing Kane's signature but he has opted for a move to Anfield.
Kane has already been tipped for international honours and, similar to Maddox, he had been promoted to City's under-18s team at the age of 14.
He is regarded as one of the best young prospects in the country and has been likened to current Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in terms of his playing style.
The League One side will be due compensation for Kane's exit.

Plays central midfield.
https://twitter.com/herbiekane
http://instagram.com/herbiekane
I guess Chelsea probably weren't in for him. :p

5bf864ccd67e11e2aeda22000a1f973b_6.jpg
BL1_-7rCUAAyRGu.jpg

That said, he did post this: #i#want#to#be#like#this#man
ae85db4cb16311e2a74422000a1ddb8e_7.jpg

Herbie Kane and Yan Dhanda

Herbie and Yan?
Yan and Herbie?
Herbie and the Dhanda?

Herbie Kane is an ace name. In other words he'll be ace.

The Barca kid, Dhanda, the Valencia kid and we're apperantly after a 17 year old right winger from Bilbao that just rejected Barca.

We're doing something right.

some mature and become players. some disappear. it's like flipping a coin - let's hope we get the 'right call' more often than not.

He's a physio now I think.

I don't understand how people get excited when we sign teenagers, no matter how highly rated they are. It's rare enough for them to make it

I don't understand how people get excited when we sign teenagers, no matter how highly rated they are. It's rare enough for them to make it

I understand, and agree. However, I think it's excellent we are competing with the big clubs for the top rate talent in the country. It may not work out, and for every success story (be it raheem, or ibe - though this is such a low level currently), there are tens who are duds. It's a good policy I think and hopefully the rewards will far outweigh the costs.

It's great when you do get an Owen / Gerrard though. Makes it all worthwhile.

It'd be interesting to see how much we spend on the whole youth setup though. I'm guessing the numbers have to stack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom