• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

25 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The table doesn’t lie is a lie itself. Do you really think spurs would be ahead if we had been knocked out of the European Cup and they got to the final.

Referee mistakes don’t even themselves out over the season. We got fucked over by the shit Jon Moss against spurs. So we should have 2 points extra them 1 less.

Fuck spurs.

But the only person that gives even a hint of a shit about Hansern and Spurs, is you.

Someone has to care. It's a service, really. An education I offer freely.

A bit like Froggy getting schooled over the Title vs CL preference among Liverpool fans, or rurik being reminded about his own Milner opinions when making an ill-advised attempt to mock mine. None of us is perfect, true, but we can improve.

I love the way pat seems to be on a satellite delay in a static forum

It's tops

Anyone up for starting a thread about the greatness of Spurs? Its well overdue to start a good, well thought through praise and acknowledging discussion about the amazing team from North London.
From their attacking minded, low key, mellow, happy go lucky jolly Argie flabby melt manager who loves a good joke and keeps his team playing with the utmost discipline and fair play. The lovely, articulate, ravishingly good looking Harry Kane who scores so many beautiful goals. Like a young Josh Brolin, chiseled chin that could poke an eye out and a voice so soft it spits flowers.
Not to forget their amazing fans. Pioneers when it comes to stadium noise and songs. The fantastic "He's one of our own", a beautiful hymn that could easily win the Euro vision song contest.
And to add a bit about the most important thing, that you dont have to win anything to be a winner. Coming 3rd in a 2 horse race is an achievement in itself, and deserves an open bus parade, or a boat parade a long the Thames with Harry Kane and Pochettino standing at the front, like a footballing version of Jack and Rose from the Titanic. Simply majestic.

Either that, or as a few others have already said. Its only fucking Spurs, let it go. Move on. Talk about something a bit more interesting. Like Brighton at home, summer transfers or God forbid the CL final that we're actually playing in two weeks time.

Anyone up for starting a thread about the greatness of Spurs? Its well overdue to start a good, well thought through praise and acknowledging discussion about the amazing team from North London.
From their attacking minded, low key, mellow, happy go lucky jolly Argie flabby melt manager who loves a good joke and keeps his team playing with the utmost discipline and fair play. The lovely, articulate, ravishingly good looking Harry Kane who scores so many beautiful goals. Like a young Josh Brolin, chiseled chin that could poke an eye out and a voice so soft it spits flowers.
Not to forget their amazing fans. Pioneers when it comes to stadium noise and songs. The fantastic "He's one of our own", a beautiful hymn that could easily win the Euro vision song contest.
And to add a bit about the most important thing, that you dont have to win anything to be a winner. Coming 3rd in a 2 horse race is an achievement in itself, and deserves an open bus parade, or a boat parade a long the Thames with Harry Kane and Pochettino standing at the front, like a footballing version of Jack and Rose from the Titanic. Simply majestic.

Either that, or as a few others have already said. Its only fucking Spurs, let it go. Move on. Talk about something a bit more interesting. Like Brighton at home, summer transfers or God forbid the CL final that we're actually playing in two weeks time.

Fuck Spurs. The best thing With Spurs is that my father is a Spurs fan but luckily enough stubborn enough to not make me follow his team.

SCM protocol dictates that this thread should now veer wildly and bizarrely off-topic before bringing up one of the SCM Uber-debates and finally getting back on topic.

To suggest that we are better than Man City is just stupid - we are not overall. Just coz we overcame three times in a season does not mean negate the fact that they have been by a far distance the best team in this country. Yes they have a deep squad and yes those players are expensive but I have to ask many of you - the players that they bought - did any of you even mention or suggest them before they were purchased by City ? - I can't remember any of you raving about them or anything like that. I'll be honest - apart from that goalkeeper, Walker, and the defender they signed in January - I have not got a clue of any of the other players they signed and when they did I had no idea if they were world class or not. The simple truth is - they have played brilliant football all season and it's all down to their manager to make them gel like that - if any of your are unwilling to acknowledge that then you have a fucking screw loose.

As for our chances - well let me put it to you like this:-

1) First season when Klopp signed up - there was a point in Christmas where we were 4th and within distance of first place. But then injuries started creeping in and we ended up progressing in the cups - so it was a lost opportunity because of injuries and inconsistencies - and Leicester went onto win it. We went to 2 cup finals both of which we lost.

2) Last season if I remember correctly - we were in 1st position going into december I think - and then Mane fucked off to Africa and they all got injured and fucked up. We then had a disaster of a 9 game run which fucked our ability to win anything again.

So you could argue we have actually come close but the wheels keep coming off due to player injuries and lack of squad depth.

Next step = turning those draws into wins

DdF2fpaXcAAADui.jpg

DdF1abuXkAABL2m.jpg

Can we talk about the other top 6 teams today then, and next season?

Chelsea, Europa League and will have a new manager.
Arsenal, Europa League and will have a new manager. Rumours about Mikel Arteta.
Utd and City - status quo.
Spurs, Pochettino with a very weird post match interview. Sounded like a give me money to spend, change the strategy or I’m off. Maybe the talk of him leaving wasnt so far fetched eh.

Can see us challenging for the title next season, but the amount of points it will take to catch City will probably be to much.

Spurs won’t spend big. Their new stadium is crippling them. Fuck spurs.

[article]The view has sat uncomfortably with the cost of construction. It seems a long time ago that £400m was the ballpark figure. Then, it became £750m and £850m, and now, nobody would be surprised if it reached a billion. Tottenham have taken out £400m in bank loans, which are repayable over a five-year period. This month they announced in their financial results for the year ended 30 June 2017 that the “cumulative spend” on the project had increased from £115.3m to £315.1m. The club’s profits were robust. They stood at £41.2m after interest and tax. But whichever way you dress it up, there is a lot of money to find. It is no wonder chairman Daniel Levy “struggles to sleep at night”, according to Pochettino.[/article]

Spurs won’t spend big. Their new stadium is crippling them. Fuck spurs.

[article]The view has sat uncomfortably with the cost of construction. It seems a long time ago that £400m was the ballpark figure. Then, it became £750m and £850m, and now, nobody would be surprised if it reached a billion. Tottenham have taken out £400m in bank loans, which are repayable over a five-year period. This month they announced in their financial results for the year ended 30 June 2017 that the “cumulative spend” on the project had increased from £115.3m to £315.1m. The club’s profits were robust. They stood at £41.2m after interest and tax. But whichever way you dress it up, there is a lot of money to find. It is no wonder chairman Daniel Levy “struggles to sleep at night”, according to Pochettino.[/article]
Even if they double their revenue when they move that's five years paying that off.

A season or two out of the champions league & they could be seriously fucked.

Losing Kane and Eriksen and they’re fucked. Another season without a title of some kind and they’ll be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom