• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andrew of the Murrays

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Andy Murray, sorry Sir Andrew Murray, will finish playing tennis this year. He’s trying to get through to Wimbledon but he may not even get through the Australian open next week.

He’s done amazing things for British tennis and I wish him all the best in whatever goes into. However, some of comments in the media are OTT. Some are saying he’s possibly Britain’s best ever sportsman. Something I massively disagree with. He’s not anywhere near the top of his sport never mind Top person in the U.K.

Fucked him at 31.

Shame for him he played in the same era as 3 of the greatest ever.

Always found him very whiny myself

I like the guy, think he'll do well on telly, think he's been a brilliant sportsman, but comparisons are pointless and stupid. I find myself in the minority of my mates, really enjoy watching tennis, just can't stand the crowds and the evil axis of Balding and Barker

There was something on the BBC recently saying that people who play tennis regularly live longer than those who play any other sport, so play more tennis.

Er... Think that possibly has more to do with which postcode you grew up in than the tennis itself, which like the life expectancy is the symptom of the situation.

But yeah, think Andy Murray is boss .

Last edited:
Yeah, completely agree. Murray is a really good lad, who was treated heinously by the English press for a while- including the whole set up of him saying he was supporting whoever was playing England (which was said naively as banter with the press, and there are still dickheads bringing it up).

Is he whiney? He probably is, but a kinder way of looking at it (and more accurate, I think), is that he wears his heart on his sleeve– he's a very emotional person, and player (as his interviews on the Wimbledon court have amply demonstrated). Comparisons as Woland says are bullshit, but did he make the absolute most of his skills through dint of incredible hard work (with no hint of chemical help, unlike, I would suggest, some of his chief competitors), and become a multiple slam winner and world number 1 during the most competitive period in Tennis ever? Yes, yes he did. I have the highest admiration for him.

Good lad

W1Z0qTQ.jpg

I like the guy, think he'll do well on telly, think he's been a brilliant sportsman, but comparisons are pointless and stupid. I find myself in the minority of my mates, really enjoy watching tennis, just can't stand the crowds and the evil axis of Balding and Barker

There was something on the BBC recently saying that people who play tennis regularly live longer than those who play any other sport, so play more tennis.

Er... Think that possibly has more to do with which postcode you grew up in than the tennis itself, which like the life expectancy is the symptom of the situation.

But yeah, think Andy Murray is boss .

I enjoy watching tennis. Especially once the cannon fodder have been knocked out. I guess the top players are all whiney cunts. Across male and female but that’ll be part of their drive to win.

I’ve had a whinge on here about the Wimbledon crowd before.

I'm not a fan really - I respect his achievements but he does come across as a whiney pillock. Then there is his mum doing all kinds of celebrity shenanigans. Strictly, A league of their own etc. As much as @doctor_mac might think people who found his anti England thing 'dickheads' It's something that he repeated a lot. It was naive and his backtracking was equally pathetic. At least he did apologise and he won Wimbledon so yay. I'm sure he'll be great as an anchorman.

I'm not a fan really - I respect his achievements but he does come across as a whiney pillock. Then there is his mum doing all kinds of celebrity shenanigans. Strictly, A league of their own etc. As much as @doctor_mac might think people who found his anti England thing 'dickheads' It's something that he repeated a lot. It was naive and his backtracking was equally pathetic. At least he did apologise and he won Wimbledon so yay. I'm sure he'll be great as an anchorman.
Sorry dude, you’re thinking like a S*n reader, the paper that led the way on the Murray hunt. Repeated anti-England stuff lots my arse! The year the storm blew up he was texting Beckham the then England captain good luck messages. And far from apologising, he said the rags fucked him over. He was right.

Knighthood???? Think that's absurd personally. Obviously he's not a bad tennis player and all that. Just can't believe some think he's Britain greatest sportsperson.

He's the best tennis player Britain has produced in donkeys.

I don't like tennis like, but I don't get why people didn't like him. It's well because he's Scottish and the English are whiny bastards

He's the best tennis player Britain has produced in donkeys.

I don't like tennis like, but I don't get why people didn't like him. It's well because he's Scottish and the English are whiny bastards

Yeah, if "Tiger" Tim, a typical hooray-Henry Tennis player born with a silver spoon wedged up his arse (unlike Murray who grew up in humble circumstances), had been a fraction as successful, a lot of people would have been significantly happier than begrudgingly acknowledging Murray's success.

I like watching the top tennis and it'll be a lot less interesting without Murray. He's been great.

I never cared about his "anyone but the English" comment. If I wasn't English I'd hate them too. England footy supporters, endless tory governments, Brexit, Boris, Rees-Mogg, royals, Farage, BNP, EDL etc. etc. The English are a bunch of cunts.

He's seems a dead nice lad. His sense of humour is dry as fuck (shock for a Scot that, honest) & the British press ignored that when they wanted headlines.

He's easily the best British tennis player for fucking beards, & at his best was a joy to watch.

It's a real shame injuries curtailed his career so much, & that he came to his peak at arguably the hardest time to compete at the very top level.

Sorry dude, you’re thinking like a S*n reader, the paper that led the way on the Murray hunt. Repeated anti-England stuff lots my arse! The year the storm blew up he was texting Beckham the then England captain good luck messages. And far from apologising, he said the rags fucked him over. He was right.
Well I’m not going to argue. The anti England thing might well be red top and regurgitated by the P/A. Its more than likely. I don’t know the guy so who fucking knows. I know he said it once though which whatever way you spin it (naivety, thoughtless, hurtful etc) it was still a cuntish comment. Especially when you consider most English tennis fans adore him. Kind of a slap in the face.

Fuck sake, this is what happened..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/t...cord-straight-on-anti-England-reputation.html

Speaking to Jonathan Overend on BBC Radio 5 Live the British No 1 said: "I'm surprised that the whole thing stuck [his reported dislike of England].
"I got asked about it a couple of days ago in interviews and they asked 'Why did you say that you bought a Paraguay shirt when England were playing against them?'.
"I never said that but it is in the papers and people believe what's in the papers all the time."
Murray stressed: "I never once had a Paraguay shirt and I never once said anything about that. I am pretty sure there won't have been quotes of me saying it in the paper.
"The journalist said to me 'So Andy are you going to be supporting Scotland in the World Cup?', knowing that Scotland hadn't qualified and he started laughing.

"So he asked me who I would be supporting in the World Cup, and I said 'Anyone but England ha-ha' and all of a sudden it's the biggest story ever."
However, the 22-year-old from Dunblane has put the episode behind him.
"That's the one thing that has annoyed me in the past, but I have moved on. Some of my family is English, my girlfriend is English, I work with two English fitness trainers, my coach is from Zimbabwe, but if you ask him where he's from he's English. I have an English physio, I live down here in London now, and I have a lot of English friends.
"I learnt a lot from it, as I realised the guys from the press are not your friends, and you can't joke with them about stuff like that. It's not worth it. It's not worth the hassle.
"It's fine to make jokes about yourself, but if you make jokes about other players, or football teams, it's big news."

Cunt of a reporter acts the cunt, Murray gives some back and he's suddenly he's this hate figure.

Boils my piss that people still believe that shit.

Well I’m not going to argue. The anti England thing might well be red top and regurgitated by the P/A. Its more than likely. I don’t know the guy so who fucking knows. I know he said it once though which whatever way you spin it (naivety, thoughtless, hurtful etc) it was still a cuntish comment. Especially when you consider most English tennis fans adore him. Kind of a slap in the face.
IT WAS BANTER. The S*n construed it as a cuntish comment. This is how you spin it. Those fucking scumbags failed to report, something they elided FROM THE SAME FUCKING PRESSER, that Murray had Beckham's number, and had been texting him good luck messages for the games. He was an 18 year old lad, he was naive as to how an innocent bit of banter would be used to demonise him. People who should be brighter, like yourself, are still using it as a reason to dislike him. It is nonsense that does you no credit. Oversensitive, passive-aggressive bullshit.

Fuck sake, this is what happened..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/t...cord-straight-on-anti-England-reputation.html

Speaking to Jonathan Overend on BBC Radio 5 Live the British No 1 said: "I'm surprised that the whole thing stuck [his reported dislike of England].
"I got asked about it a couple of days ago in interviews and they asked 'Why did you say that you bought a Paraguay shirt when England were playing against them?'.
"I never said that but it is in the papers and people believe what's in the papers all the time."
Murray stressed: "I never once had a Paraguay shirt and I never once said anything about that. I am pretty sure there won't have been quotes of me saying it in the paper.
"The journalist said to me 'So Andy are you going to be supporting Scotland in the World Cup?', knowing that Scotland hadn't qualified and he started laughing.

"So he asked me who I would be supporting in the World Cup, and I said 'Anyone but England ha-ha' and all of a sudden it's the biggest story ever."
However, the 22-year-old from Dunblane has put the episode behind him.
"That's the one thing that has annoyed me in the past, but I have moved on. Some of my family is English, my girlfriend is English, I work with two English fitness trainers, my coach is from Zimbabwe, but if you ask him where he's from he's English. I have an English physio, I live down here in London now, and I have a lot of English friends.
"I learnt a lot from it, as I realised the guys from the press are not your friends, and you can't joke with them about stuff like that. It's not worth it. It's not worth the hassle.
"It's fine to make jokes about yourself, but if you make jokes about other players, or football teams, it's big news."

Cunt of a reporter acts the cunt, Murray gives some back and he's suddenly he's this hate figure.

Boils my piss that people still believe that shit.

Yes, Barba Roja, this must be that grovelling apology that he owed the people of England. Scottish scumbag who doesn't know his place.

IT WAS BANTER. The S*n construed it as a cuntish comment. This is how you spin it. Those fucking scumbags failed to report, something they elided FROM THE SAME FUCKING PRESSER, that Murray had Beckham's number, and had been texting him good luck messages for the games. He was an 18 year old lad, he was naive as to how an innocent bit of banter would be used to demonise him. People who should be brighter, like yourself, are still using it as a reason to dislike him. It is nonsense that does you no credit. Oversensitive, passive-aggressive bullshit.
Exactly. Also, someone who posts in here and has regular run ins with Brendan should know a proper cuntish comment when they read one.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty indifferent either way with regards to Andy Murray.

I heard a clip of the commentary from Murray's first Wimbledon victory.

The commentator stated that he was the first British player to win the championship in 77 years.
Hmmm...seems Virginia Wade's triumph in 1977 didn't really happen.

Andy Murray is kind of like Klopp.

So many 2nd places and runner ups... but if you keep on putting yourself in the final, eventually you'll win something.

Henman didn't achieve his goals. Andy Murray did, eventually.

Fair play to the man.

Was never really a fan of tennis

Andy Murray on the other hand made me that..

Have loved watching him over the years, him and Fed..

To go on what he achieved in such a golden era of talent, is quite remarkable tbh..

The turning point was bringing in Lendl as his coach, that period of time took him to the level he needed to be at to achieve the Grand slam he so desperately craved..

Bit like bringing in VVD for us...

Have nothing but respect for him...

Not a fan of tennis but Murray must have been good as he won stuff.

Don't get why non-English get all moral about what appears in red-top newspapers (they create conflict to sell papers Duh ) as if the average English person takes what they say seriously.

Everyone knows it was banter. The bloke just played up to it, good for him.

Conflating red top headlines with English attitudes is a bit literal and a bit dull. Silly persons.

Back
Top Bottom