• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Robertson out for three months

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a top class LB and should take advantage of this in the Jan@ window if we can
https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/...d-legt-schmerzgrenze-fest-85810934.sport.html
Real Madrid are eyeing a £35m move for Bayern Munich and Canada left-back Alphonso Davies, 22, when he enters the final year of his deal with the German champions in 2024.
If its between Madrid and us, our chances are between slim and none. The Canadian gets a huge wad as it stands, and Bayern will offer him over €400k to stay well above what we would offer
[article]
Alphonso Davies is a Real Madrid target. That news made the rounds in German, Spanish, and North American media this weekend. Although the report by AS can easily be dismissed as a holiday week filler, it was not left unnoticed by Bayern Munich’s decision-makers as they are now moving towards renewing not just Davies’ contract but also want to keep Jamal Musiala long-term in Munich.

Davies, his contract runs until 2024, and Musiala, his contract expires in 2026, are considered indispensable for Bayern's future plans. Not surprisingly, Bayern will now move forward with their plans to provide new contracts to both players in 2023. In fact, signing Davies and Musiala to long-term deals will be an important cornerstone as Bayern Munich tries to defend its position as one of the world’s top five clubs.

Davies is the face of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, which will be hosted in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. As a result, signing the left-back to a contract beyond 2026 will be paramount for the Rekordmeister. A report by Sport Bild last October suggested that Davies earns about €9.5 million (around $10 million) a season at Bayern; a new deal will likely see him become one of the top earners at the club—Sadio Mané earns €22 million ($24 million) according to the same Sport Bild report.

A new deal would not only make Davies a top earner, but it would also further cement his role as one of the faces at the club. The Canadian would ascent into the same category as Thomas Müller and Manuel Neuer. Does that mean Davies will be at the Rekordmeister forever? Not necessarily, the story of David Alaba, another player in that category, shows that Bayern do lose their legends but usually not until the player reaches their late 20s or early 30s.
[/article]

[article]“I think always, when I play, I see it as a big opportunity,” he told Sky Sports. “I didn’t expect Andy to get injured.

“When they called me and said to me that they expected for me to be happy, but me, I wasn’t, because first of all, with Andy, we are good friends and also we are team-mates.

“Of course, I need him and he needs me. Me alone and him alone, we can’t play all the games because there are so many.

“The rhythm is very important for a football player. I think until now, I play a game and after, I rest and after I play again. Always this, didn’t do too much for my rhythm.

“But always I try to work even harder in training, to keep this good shape. I think now the rhythm will come, I will be more ready and more fit.

“But first I have to be, in my mind, very, very strong. My body, I have to be fit for everything, for every challenge that will come. So it’s very, very important, the rhythm. I have to be there and have to play every game as well as I can.”

But while Tsimikas was not happy to be handed his opportunity because of injury elsewhere, that does not mean he has any intention of relinquishing his newly-claimed starting berth without a fight.

“From my point, I see no difference,” he said. “I see every game as a final, for me personally.

“I always try to give my best. To do more assists and to try and score a goal. For me, it’s not to take the position. I think that doesn’t really matter.

“I think for me, the most important thing is to be yourself in every game, to try to give absolutely your best and the guy who is the best, in the best moment and the best shape, he will play.”[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom