• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Another dead WWE superstar ...

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Just a pity that they haven't realized that there's a 'reason' so many of these wrestlers are dying before they hit 50

TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say former professional wrestler Andrew Martin, who was known as "Test" and "The Punisher" to fans, has died at his Tampa home. He was 33.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment champion was found dead at his apartment Friday night. Police say a neighbor reported that she could see into his apartment window and that Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Police say there was no indication of foul play. A cause of death will be determined after an autopsy.

During his time with Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment, Martin held the Intercontinental, European and Hardcore belts. He was also a tag-team champion.

Martin most recently worked for TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher."

Every single one of them is addicted to painkillers, I have read quite a few of their biographies, the shit they put their bodies through is insane.

WWE is a piss take. Soap opera dressed up as a 'sport'. It's as choreographed as synchronised swimming. And for those who think it is a sport, then surely the use of drugs should be banned in it? Which would eliminate possibly every competitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are great athletes and obviously very strong, athletic etc etc, but it's not a sport.

So many kids love this shit, and so something should be done about the blatant use of performance enhancing drugs in WWE. Having said that, the death of a 33yr old star should serve as warning enough.

I agree its not a sport, all it is is a soap opera for men, and I find it very entertaining. And the women, oh my goodness, shame my wife won't let me watch it much anymore.

Some of them can fight. Look at that freak in the UFC. His striking is fucking awful, but his power, speed, size and wrestling ability make him a tough opponent for anyone.

No doubt, it is filled with some very legitimate tough guys, they are very unique people. Just like anybody in show business. They are all about putting on the best show possible.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=31993.msg825379#msg825379 date=1237233311]
I agree its not a sport, all it is is a soap opera for men, and I find it very entertaining. And the women, oh my goodness, shame my wife won't let me watch it much anymore.

[/quote]

🙂

13290_Black_7_Blonde_6_122_714lo.jpg

13777_Flower_Girl_1_122_655lo.jpg

I actually have a lot of respect for what they do;its just entertainment anyway.

I liked Test; i remember he used to call his fans his 'Testicles' ;D

I'm out ot touch, but is this chap really a "superstar"?

I thought that was reserved for Stone Cold, Shaun Michaels, etc?

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=31993.msg825372#msg825372 date=1237232524]
WWE is a piss take. Soap opera dressed up as a 'sport'. It's as choreographed as synchronised swimming. And for those who think it is a sport, then surely the use of drugs should be banned in it? Which would eliminate possibly every competitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are great athletes and obviously very strong, athletic etc etc, but it's not a sport.

So many kids love this shit, and so something should be done about the blatant use of performance enhancing drugs in WWE. Having said that, the death of a 33yr old star should serve as warning enough.
[/quote]

It hasnt been dressed up as a sport in years mate. Thats why its called world wrestling entertainment. They embraced the fact that it was a soap opera about 10 years ago and accept thats all it is.

For the record since the Benoit incident, the wwe have very strict anti-drug laws which have seen the likes of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian Cage and others booted from the organisation and not brought back until they had cleaned up thier act. Those are premier superstars that they have cut without a thought when the drug issue has been found. All superstars (thats what they are called) have to be drug tested before each show and random tests up to 30 times a year. The industry itself still turns a blind eye to druggies and steroid freaks, but the wwe does not which is why it has in recent years given a chance to the likes of Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho, smaller stars not beefed up freaks.

I like wrestling, its a good laugh, i've always been a fan, and although i dont watch it anymore (well not very often anyway) i still have a bit of an interest, and its worth noting that in the main part the wwe (formerly wwf) has cleaned up its act, and its no suprise that test wasnt wrestling for that franchise when he died.

Guess he didn't pass his drug TEST. I'll get my coat.

33 is very young, is he the youngest drug related death from that business?

Apparently a good chuck of the people who died were trained by Bret Hart's father school in Canada. God_23 picked up a copy of it for to read for a recent flight.

I read Brett Hart's book recently. Quite a few guys from that territory either are dead, or really jacked up. From the book, I get the feeling that they all though very highly of themselves, but outside of their territory nobody else did.

With the exception of Owen Hart everyone from the up there in my eyes are very marginal.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31993.msg827013#msg827013 date=1237475554]

[/quote]

It hasnt been dressed up as a sport in years mate. Thats why its called world wrestling entertainment. They embraced the fact that it was a soap opera about 10 years ago and accept thats all it is.

For the record since the Benoit incident, the wwe have very strict anti-drug laws which have seen the likes of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Christian Cage and others booted from the organisation and not brought back until they had cleaned up thier act. Those are premier superstars that they have cut without a thought when the drug issue has been found. All superstars (thats what they are called) have to be drug tested before each show and random tests up to 30 times a year. The industry itself still turns a blind eye to druggies and steroid freaks, but the wwe does not which is why it has in recent years given a chance to the likes of Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho, smaller stars not beefed up freaks.

I like wrestling, its a good laugh, i've always been a fan, and although i dont watch it anymore (well not very often anyway) i still have a bit of an interest, and its worth noting that in the main part the wwe (formerly wwf) has cleaned up its act, and its no suprise that test wasnt wrestling for that franchise when he died.
[/quote]

Exactly.

What they do is impressive precisely because it's make-believe.

The timing and athleticism required is of a high level, and the accidents are very real.

I remember The Rock being asked on Letterman once :

'What's the biggest mistake you see young wrestlers make?'

Answer : 'That they think they actually get to hit people'

HIlarious ;D

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=31993.msg827013#msg827013 date=1237475554]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How the fuck is Batista passing these tests ?

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/VrxW9RNIgV8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Hahahaha wtf

[quote author=ILD link=topic=31993.msg827034#msg827034 date=1237477980]
Guess he didn't pass his drug TEST. I'll get my coat.

33 is very young, is he the youngest drug related death from that business?

Apparently a good chuck of the people who died were trained by Bret Hart's father school in Canada. God_23 picked up a copy of it for to read for a recent flight.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say he's the youngest drug related death from wrestling at all. Good read and also included a lengthy list of former wrestler who've died over the last 10 years, mostly due to drugs/steroids/painkillers..

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=31993.msg828238#msg828238 date=1237634868]
I swear the Stonecold Stunner used to look more realistic?
[/quote]
It doed when he fights people who know how to sell a move!!

I love the way the crowd went 'OOOOOOOOH' as the fella was thrown on to frikkin grapefruits of all things, as if they are going to seriously hurt him.

That was dire.

I've not watched wrestling in years, have things really taken a turn for the worse?

[/quote]

[/quote]

They look way too big to be non drug enhanced guys, but then if they are as strict as you say with the drug testing, i take it back. I'm surprised that they can get that big without drugs.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=31993.msg828354#msg828354 date=1237646867]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They look way too big to be non drug enhanced guys, but then if they are as strict as you say with the drug testing, i take it back. I'm surprised that they can get that big without drugs.
[/quote]

The cleanup has only come in the last few years, and wrestlers can have very long (or very short) careers. So some of the older guys may have taken them when they were younger. However the WWE have suspended or fired a lot of Wrestlers for taking drugs recently, even recreational drugs.

Bret Hart's autobio is a fascinating read. Of course, like all autobios, it has a bit of an agenda but it is a truly intriguing look into a profession that few in the general public understand well and which has changed tremendously in the past thirty years.

You should read Ric Flair's and Mick Foleys, both very good.

Not a fan of Hart's book just because I was never a fan of his, he certainly has a high opinion of himself though

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=31993.msg829349#msg829349 date=1237740447]

Not a fan of Hart's book just because I was never a fan of his, he certainly has a high opinion of himself though
[/quote]

Yeah Mick Foley's book is a very enjoyable read.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=31993.msg829349#msg829349 date=1237740447]

[/quote]

He certainly does though he's done a fair bit to earn it.

I find the fact that an adult without learning difficulties is admitting to reading not just one, but at least THREE books about fucking wrestlers

Back
Top Bottom