• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani..

Well, at least Alberto's managed to learn some English while he's been out - just saw him interviewed and he wasn't bad at all.

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=36589.msg968894#msg968894 date=1256231211]
Well, at least Alberto's managed to learn some English while he's been out - just saw him interviewed and he wasn't bad at all.
[/quote]

I was impressed with that as well.

I believe it's something Rafa insists upon.

Probably the deal-breaker for Tevez....

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36589.msg968867#msg968867 date=1256227047]
Some promising stuff there, great vision and good composure, looks quite 'mobile' too.
[/quote]

And compliments the music well? What, what?

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=36589.msg968900#msg968900 date=1256231785]
Some promising stuff there, great vision and good composure, looks quite 'mobile' too.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha !

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=36589.msg968900#msg968900 date=1256231785]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha.. sorry chief, it was on mute, the missus is doing her Uni work.. Tsk.

[quote author=Glock link=topic=36589.msg968517#msg968517 date=1256194176]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=36589.msg968497#msg968497 date=1256192702]
[quote author=Glock link=topic=36589.msg968471#msg968471 date=1256183321]
He's about a couple of weeks off to full fitness. He won't play against Manure. Its Lucas and Mascher and lets all pray we defeat them.

Having said that, doesn't matter if we win on Sunday, Rafael out!
[/quote]

So about a quarter of the way through the season, 4 points behind the Mancs, and he just achieved victory over the league leaders with a injury hit team... sack him anyway.

You are a fucking joke. If G&H sacked Rafa after beating the Mancs, there'd be unbelievable uproar, everywhere. And who would be answering the question "why on earth have you done this?". It'd be owners who don't communicate, are almost universally reviled, and are actively seeking the most profitable fire exit. It'd be a disaster, and who the fuck would want it other than no names who are willing to tolerate it for a step up.

What does it say to a prospective manager that if you bring us to our best league season in years, you get fired a quarter of the way through the next, having just beaten the league leader, and having been unable thus far to field your best team.
[/quote]

There are far better examples of managers who have won the league but still got the sack end of the season. Rafael's has been pretty much relax and this season nothing's going to stop him from getting the sack or he himself throw in the towel and fucking go.

Injury hit team?? So all now because of an injury to two of our most important player who just missed out one fucking CL game?? ??

Do you just watch all of Rafa's press conferences over and over and over until his lies, bullshit and pathetic excuses are burned into your brain so that when you speak it's actually Rafa's words that come out?? ?? Fucking hell!!

You're completely clueless. i suggest you just start looking for a new club immediately so that you and Rafa have somewhere to go when he leaves Liverpool. Good girl. You should apply for a job on Rafael's staff. I'm sure he needs a chief bullshit artist in his cabinet.
[/quote]

Glock you are strangely dumb, I mean strange in that you seem to want people to know you are dumb and although you are very hard to ignore I do find it well worth the effort.

Rafa pissing on our bonfire...

Rafael Benitez today urged Liverpool supporters to give Alberto Aquilani time to settle into Premier League life.
The Italian made his first appearance in a red shirt as a second half substitute for the reserves against Sunderland last night as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle injury.

Benitez hasn't yet revealed his plans for introducing Aquilani into first team action, but he is aware it may take some time for the 25-year old to adapt to the English game.

"Alberto is intelligent, he likes football and he has been watching our games," said Benitez. "He can see the pace is different here and the physical approach.

"But there is a difference between what you see and how you play but when he gets out and feels the atmosphere here, it will be something special for him.

"When will he play? It depends on how he is physically.

"He has got very good levels of stamina but now he has to improve his sharpness. To get match fitness, he needs to play games and what we have to do is analyse carefully which game is the best and how long he will play for.

"Always with a new player we talk about the problems they have settling down because the Premier League is very quick and it is more physical.

"So for a new player who has been injured, like Alberto, it will be even more difficult. It is a question of keeping him training and when he is fit, we have to support him.

"We will have to choose the right moments to put him on the pitch. But he is learning all the time and we are looking forward to playing him.

"But our fans are very clever and they know sometimes that a player with quality needs that time to settle down. He will need some time to get used to us, too."

[quote author=dossena link=topic=36589.msg968242#msg968242 date=1256159660]
Dare I say it, he's our answer to their Paul Scholes.
[/quote]

If Paul Scholes were to attempt one of his "tackles" against the Aquaman he would surely break both of the Italian's legs.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=36589.msg969110#msg969110 date=1256243225]

Rafael Benitez today urged Liverpool supporters to give Alberto Aquilani time to settle into Premier League life.
The Italian made his first appearance in a red shirt as a second half substitute for the reserves against Sunderland last night as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle injury.

Benitez hasn't yet revealed his plans for introducing Aquilani into first team action, but he is aware it may take some time for the 25-year old to adapt to the English game.

"Alberto is intelligent, he likes football and he has been watching our games," said Benitez. "He can see the pace is different here and the physical approach.

"But there is a difference between what you see and how you play but when he gets out and feels the atmosphere here, it will be something special for him.

"He has got very good levels of stamina but now he has to improve his sharpness. To get match fitness, he needs to play games and what we have to do is analyse carefully which game is the best and how long he will play for.

"Always with a new player we talk about the problems they have settling down because the Premier League is very quick and it is more physical.

"So for a new player who has been injured, like Alberto, it will be even more difficult. It is a question of keeping him training and when he is fit, we have to support him.

"We will have to choose the right moments to put him on the pitch. But he is learning all the time and we are looking forward to playing him.

"But our fans are very clever and they know sometimes that a player with quality needs that time to settle down. He will need some time to get used to us, too."
[/quote]

I think it's the right move to attempt to take some of the pressure of expectation off the boy's shoulders.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=36589.msg969110#msg969110 date=1256243225]

[/quote]

A couple more weeks than for Aquilani to start a game for the first team.

Am I think only one slightly concerned by his physique?

I mean, he looks no more slight than Torres, who is deceptively strong and resilient, but midfield can be a different, more disciplined and physically (at least in terms of running, showing strength and being tactically aware), more demanding.

I think we might yet see him eased in in the Gerrard role, in between the lines, and perhaps rightly so, either way it should be Stevie or Aquilani in the middle with Masher, with the other in the hole (or Yossi) to give us better balance. I just think for at least a few games we might see Rafa use Stevie there (centre mid) to allow Aquilani time to get to grips with the pace and physical nature of our game. He might even just appear as a sub in a like-for-like swap with Stevie in the meantime (assuming the capt. is fit, obv).

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=36589.msg969294#msg969294 date=1256283417]
Sorry to raise it, but doesn't history suggest he will get injured again sooner rather than later?
[/quote]

I have thought this too.
All the hype and build up and he'll probably tweak something and be out for another few games.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36589.msg969296#msg969296 date=1256283849]

I mean, he looks no more slight than Torres, who is deceptively strong and resilient, but midfield can be a different, more disciplined and physically (at least in terms of running, showing strength and being tactically aware), more demanding.

I think we might yet see him eased in in the Gerrard role, in between the lines, and perhaps rightly so, either way it should be Stevie or Aquilani in the middle with Masher, with the other in the hole (or Yossi) to give us better balance. I just think for at least a few games we might see Rafa use Stevie there (centre mid) to allow Aquilani time to get to grips with the pace and physical nature of our game. He might even just appear as a sub in a like-for-like swap with Stevie in the meantime (assuming the capt. is fit, obv).
[/quote]

My impression was always that he was a central midfielder as opposed to someone given that no.10 free role.

Either way, I don't see the benefit of playing him there. Give him a few sub appearances and then a start against a bottom 10 side at Anfield.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=36589.msg969337#msg969337 date=1256288409]
My guess is that we'll be well out of the title reckoning before he even starts for us.
[/quote]

He'll be starting against Arsenal then. :'(.

Yep it me and I have a whole lot more. I'll try to hook up more often lads. Solid win today. Revel in it!

It'll be repeated tonight at 10pm.

Nothing dramatic - impressed with the atmosphere yesterday, can't wait to play at Anfield himself, he's aware the pace here is something he needs to get used to as soon as possible.

He's been playing in the Serie A and Champions League for a long time. I really don't think it will be that hard to adapt.

Watching him single handidly destroy Chelseas midfield at Stamford Bridge also made me pretty confident about his ability.
He'll have Mascher to do the dirty work, and be able to roam a bit like Xavi/Iniesta. Always on the move, keeping possesion and creating chances for his teammates.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36589.msg969296#msg969296 date=1256283849]

[/quote]

I don't think his physique is an issue as he is an attacking midfielder, if he were a holding midfielder I'd be concerned. I think yossi is showing a bulky physique is neither here nor there for an attacking midfieder.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=36589.msg972052#msg972052 date=1256584591]
What kind of physique does a good holding midfielder have, then?
[/quote]

again, there have been good holding midfielders who weren't exactly 'built', didi, petit (apt surname) vieira wasn't exactly bulky

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=36589.msg972055#msg972055 date=1256584736]
[/quote]

again, there have been good holding midfielders who weren't exactly 'built', didi, petit (apt surname) vieira wasn't exactly bulky
[/quote]

so what are you actually saying?

Fuck, you're so all over the place that I can't work out if your quip about Petit is meant to be ironic (ie he isn't) but then if it *is* ironic, and he's , y'know, big, how does he fit into that list of players who 'weren't exactly built'?

In short - and not for the first time - what the fuck are you quacking on about and what the fuck is your point?

*insert smiley*

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=36589.msg972057#msg972057 date=1256584782]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=36589.msg972055#msg972055 date=1256584736]
[/quote]

[/quote]

so what are you actually saying?
[/quote]

the original point I was making was making is you are more likely to get away with having slender build as attacking midfielder rather than a holding midfielder but there HAVE been holding midfielder who have excelled who haven't exactly been 'built'. ability will always count for more than physique

Back
Top Bottom