• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Article about Montse in the Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Richey link=topic=46255.msg1371378#msg1371378 date=1311855577]
His personal watch? Wasn't Steve Heighway in charge of the Academy and later Benitez?
I'd have thought that the coaches there and the first team manager would have some responsibility between them for the system not working.

Didn't realise Parry's son worked there. What did he do? I thought his son was a youth player elsewhere to be honest.
[/quote]

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/forums/index.php?topic=33821.0

(hope I can post this)
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=238290.msg5445066#msg5445066

I can just see Rafa sitting the girls down after they won their game and beginning to explain everything they did wrong... Bless.

Thank god his spirit lives on in the SCM Xpert Eleven League.

[quote author=Richey link=topic=46255.msg1371268#msg1371268 date=1311845265]
[quote author=refugee link=topic=46255.msg1371241#msg1371241 date=1311843947]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46255.msg1371179#msg1371179 date=1311838400]
[quote author=Richey link=topic=46255.msg1371122#msg1371122 date=1311798975]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46255.msg1371114#msg1371114 date=1311795383]
Getting shut of Parry benefited the club.
[/quote]

Did it? Can't say I have seen a huge improvement in terms of shit transfers and players being on ridiculously long and expensive contracts since he left
[/quote]

That's a fair point as far as it goes, but we've improved massively on the commercial side with (a) a far better sponsorship deal and (b) a much slicker commercial operation which includes (c) real efforts, at long last, to exploit the goodwill that exists for us overseas, in the Far East especially.
[/quote]

Also the youth academy has benefited (a lot) from Parry leaving.
[/quote]

Has it? How was Parry a problem regarding the Youth Academy?

I honestly don't know what he did in that area by the way. You may well be correct on it, I just don't know.
[/quote]

yeah, but you don't 'know' that the 'facts' speech led to our poor run of results, but you still seem happy enough to offer it as the explanation. i really think the whole issue of his politicking is much less black and white than you make out - for a start, it wasn't just his problem: he really was dealing with some total scumbags in H&G, so surely he deserves a bit more understanding on that point.

as for parry going, you're right that there were still plenty of poor deals done after that, but then i don't recall any more absolute fucking catastrophes like almost drving gerrard into the arms of chelsea through sheer doziness, either.

but a better example of his scheming benefiting us imo is the changes he made to the academy. surely it's beyong any doubt that we're better off for that.

Beyond doubt regards the Academy. Regards the rest, it's pointless going over old ground these days, it is what it is. We had some good times and some bad, but the good will last longer in the memory and if anything, they've both endeared themselve to Liverpool and vice versa.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46255.msg1371070#msg1371070 date=1311785153]
It is a real shame things didn't quite work out in the league (though Rafa wrote his page in LFC history in Istanbul, no bother) but I'm afraid I don't think he should ever come back. There is no way he could be satisfied other than with the top job, nor would any other manager take it with Rafa's shadow potentially hanging over him. It's great that the family are so settled in the area, but Rafa himself really has to move on from LFC.
[/quote]

He doesn't appear to be doing, though, does he?

Mourinho has the job he was sort of born to hold.

First para - agreed, and my concern is that he'll find it impossible to do so properly as long as the family are resident in the area, which it seems clear they now will be for a very long time. Fingers crossed that between them they find a way of making things work.

Second para - I know what you mean, but I don't know if Rafa's style of football would ever have been acceptable at the Bernabeu. I'm far from convinced Mourinho will still be there this time next year, though, so we may all get a chance to find out sooner than we think.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=46255.msg1371557#msg1371557 date=1311870953]
I don't know if Rafa's style of football would ever have been acceptable at the Bernabeu. [/quote]

Unless it failed to evolve somewhat despite a squad containing many more flair players, I agree.

I imagine though, his 4231 would look quite different if that "3" was made up of Ronaldo etc.

*megaphone*

ROSS, STEP AWAY FROM THE MONSTE BENITEZ THREAD.

PUT THE ABACUS DOWN AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom