• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

AVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Wow.

"For me, there is a limit and, in the next five to 10 years, I will quit coaching.
"To compete in the Dakar Rally is a lifetime ambition for me and is something I know I have to do.
"It went from a passion to an obligation, a destination of life, but I can only do it when I leave football. I will do it."
Villas-Boas added: "I just want to be proud of my career. I try to play good football with the teams I join and this is the recognition that fulfils me.
"I do not know where my career will take me. What I do know is that it will not last too long."

He has said before that he would only manage for 10 years. Dakar Rally was news to me though.

But what after that? Write, direct and star in his own musical perhaps?

What's the problem?

Football is a high pressured job - why shouldn't he pursue other interests after 10/15 years of coaching?

He could sing 'Wandering Star'. He's got the Lee Marvin growl. He'd also be good doing those movie trailers, e.g.: 'Two men, one girl and a monkey...They were only in the jungle for one day, when this happened...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom