• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Balls on the Line

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Liverpool win the league?

• Fuck yeah!!!

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No chance, Lance

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just.....

1./ We have the easier run in, in terms of PL games we seem to have an easier run in on paper.... but that doesnt mean anything depending on form at the time.

2./ We have less games to play.

3./ Jurgen has done it before and knows how to win leagues in this position.

4./ We will be stronger in a month or 2 than we are now. We will get better in the run in.

5./ There is a bloody long way to go yet... if we had said we were 3 points ahead at this point at the beginning of the season we would be over the moon.

6./ 30 years since Hillsborough, Origi scoring in the 96th minute, some of the luck we have had this season.... Omens.

7./ Klopp has to win something at some point... law of averages

I dont think those of us who believe we can win the title are basing it on blind optimism. So lets look at why we can win the fucking thing:

Fixtures:

I saw someone say City had the kinder fixtures. I dont agree with that.
Our remaining fixtures:
7 home games, 6 away games, 3 top six games, 2 of them home, 1 of them away.
Avg. points of opponents: 31.9. (Which means that their average opposition is ranked 13th in the league in the remaining 13 fixtures).
Bournemouth (h), Manchester United (a,) Watford (h), Everton (a), Burnley (h), Fulham (a), Spurs (h), Saints (a), Chelsea (h), Cardiff (a), Huddersfield (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h)

We also have two upcoming fixtures in the CL.

City:
6 home games, 7 away games, 3 top six games, 2 of them home and 1 of them away.
Avg. points of opponents: 33.5. (Which means that their average opposition is ranked 9th in the league in the remaining 13 fixtures).
Everton (b), Chelsea (h), West Ham (h), Bournemouth (a), Watford (h), Manchester United (b), Fulham (b), Cardiff (h), Crystal Palace (a), Spurs (h), Burnley (a), Leicester (h), Brighton (a)

City are also in the FA cup, League cup final and CL.

Injuries:
At the moment we are troubled by injuries to Lovren, Gomez, Ox, Trent, Gini and Hendo. No doubt that we are troubled by that now, but bar Ox and Gomez all of them are expected to return shortly.
We're playing basically one game per week for the rest of the season.

City have a massive squad and can obviously rotate quite heavily in defence and attack. But lets not forget that they are extremely dependent on Fernandinho and dont have a replacement for him. The two games he missed, they lost.
They'll be hoping for an inury free run in for their key players as well.
They might be playing a lot of more games than us, and even though they have a bigger squad the intensity might show its toll at the end of the season.

The first 25 games of the season:
We're top after the first 25 games. Lost once and are in the lead with 3 points. That isnt a blip. Thats the form of champions. Nevermind the last two games or the last few games. Riddled with illness, injuries, makeshift defense and midfield.
But the first 25 games have given us 62 points.

All in all:
The last two games have set us back, but has it ended our title charge? Cause it hasnt. We're still top. Probably second after tonight, but with a game in hand.
No one in their right set of mind would give up now. We have a fantastic chance to win the whole fucking thing.
Will we do it? God knows. But it will be close, and it will be a nail biting ending. It always is.
Does City have the upper hand? No. They are 3 points behind us.
Looking at the fixtures list, the key players coming back shortly from injury and the first 25 games we've played this season. We can win it.
Its not blind optimism, its the impression we're left with after the first 25 games and with the last 13 to go.

Keep the faith.

The concern and the reason i've had a weird 'hope is lost' feeling this week is that we know City are capable of 18 wins on the bounce. No matter what their past form is, we know they can do it. However - they are even more rattled than us. They are dropping points left right and centre - I think we have to assume this will continue and if it does I think any larger gap than 4 points will see Pep focus on the cups, and especially the CL. We need to hope they actually get a tough draw in the next round to force them to have to keep putting out their first XI and risk fatigue to Fernandino and some of the other ageing stars like David Silva & Agureo.

I don't know if we will or if we won't but I do know we will fucking keep trying and perhaps if we calm down a bit and get behind em...

City have also a tendency to drop points by the way...

I don't think the players are "bottling" it at all but a number of fans are... desperation is a terrible thing...

I still think we are fucking nifty.

Fantastic should we finally get the big one (EPL). But if not, LFC will still be my team. Come on you Redsssss. Just enjoying the process and ignoring all the scums and our meltdown.

I cannot wait until we play united. Their defence is shit, and he has been riding a lucky wave.

The concern and the reason i've had a weird 'hope is lost' feeling this week is that we know City are capable of 18 wins on the bounce. No matter what their past form is, we know they can do it. However - they are even more rattled than us. They are dropping points left right and centre - I think we have to assume this will continue and if it does I think any larger gap than 4 points will see Pep focus on the cups, and especially the CL. We need to hope they actually get a tough draw in the next round to force them to have to keep putting out their first XI and risk fatigue to Fernandino and some of the other ageing stars like David Silva & Agureo.

I dont think City are capable of winning 18 games on the bounce. Their best run in the league this season is 7 consecutive wins without dropping points. Which suggests they will drop points in 2 or 3 more games, putting them around 91/92 points in total. So if we can get 31 points from the remaining 39 available we should win it.

We also play the bottom 6. Beat all them and there is 18 out of the 31 you predict.

There will be more twists and turns as both sides have to face Man U, Chelsea and spurs.

We just need to match or better City’s results in these games.

We are no longer top of the league.

Only a few days ago many were lambasting those who dare to have a good moan. We have dropped lots of points recently and it all began after that silly Dubai trip.

Let's try to beat Bournemouth first ok, which btw is no walkover, before we dream of the title again.

We are no longer top of the league.

Only a few days ago many were lambasting those who dare to have a good moan. We have dropped lots of points recently and it all began after that silly Dubai trip.

Let's try to beat Bournemouth first ok, which btw is no walkover, before we dream of the title again.

Yet by the end of next weekend we could be 3 to 6 points clear.

We are joint top of the league with a game in hand!

Yes, and we have surrendered a 7 point lead with a whimper, within a short time.

If we drop points against Bournemouth, we've got no one to blame except ourselves.

3 of those were not surrendered. City played an extra game.
Don't bother. To those of a negative mind-set that is a minor irrelevance to the rhetoric they wish to peddle. Ditto injuries have little to do with it, it's all down to nerves and inferior players.

If we both win then we are actually in a nice position. City fans and the press talking as if we are level, whilst actually being 3 points off the pace still (or 2 inc. goal difference) - that might take a bit of the desire and hunger off mentally.... maybe

Anyway - games against the bottom 6 will be challenging as they relegation battle hots up.

Yes, and we have surrendered a 7 point lead with a whimper, within a short time.

If we drop points against Bournemouth, we've got no one to blame except ourselves.

You are such a drama queen.

Here are some facts for you, all of which suggests that, taking the long view, City are going to drop more points and we are likely to return to consistent winning ways, a couple of draws, whilst suffering from an extensive injury list, is not indicative of a season's collapse merely a short term loss of form which should be rectified by returning players:

Points dropped from Last 10 games : Liverpool 7 pts, City 9 pts, Spurs 6 pts.
Last 6 games AWAY form : Liverpool 13 pts, City 9 pts
Last 6 games HOME form : Liverpool 16 pts, City 15 pts
Best Defensive Record : Liverpool 13 clean sheets and 15 goals conceded, City 11 clean sheets and 21 goals conceded.
Liverpool have lost ONE match all season. City have lost FOUR matches this season.
City's longest win streak this season 7 games. Liverpool's longest win streak 9 games.

Whilst there is no law that says form will continue to follow the stats to date, they are however at least a prediction of what should be expected for the remainder of the season.

We will all take comfort knowing that if we are targetting say 9 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss - the loss and draws aren't our next 3 results. A run of 3 or 4 wins on the bounce would set us up REAL nicely.

Here are some facts for you, all of which suggests that, taking the long view, City are going to drop more points and we are likely to return to consistent winning ways, a couple of draws, whilst suffering from an extensive injury list, is not indicative of a season's collapse merely a short term loss of form which should be rectified by returning players:

Best Defensive Record : Liverpool 13 clean sheets and 15 goals conceded, City 11 clean sheets and 21 goals conceded.
Liverpool have lost ONE match all season. City have lost FOUR matches this season.
City's longest win streak this season 7 games. Liverpool's longest win streak 9 games.

Whilst there is no law that says form will continue to follow the stats to date, they are however at least a prediction of what should be expected for the remainder of the season.

Yes that's right everyone.

Objectivity = drama queen.

Yes that's right everyone.

Objectivity = drama queen.
Whilst I admit I'm not 100% objective, I'm too optimistic a person for that (at least I try to temper my enthusiasm), you are at the very very far end of that scale where the world is always ending. You're, by far, one of the least objective people on these boards.

But you're ignoring the basic fact that form is 100% based on the last two games, not 6 or 10 ;) That's what makes drama queens objective objectionable

Whilst I admit I'm not 100% objective, I'm too optimistic a person for that (at least I try to temper my enthusiasm), you are at the very very far end of that scale where the world is always ending. You're, by far, one of the least objective people on these boards.

Mate, with all due respect, the fact that i do not take this forum nor anyone of you seriously gives me a pretty objective stance.

Because i know when we have these sort of discussions in the pub or something, everything will be a lot different.

6CM is the only place i get to be a drama queen. So let me be k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom