• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Big Don & Lil' Kim

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
So the North Korea denuclearization talks just abruptly ended without any resolution. I honestly think these negotiations were one of the few things where Trump has been actually trying his best to make a deal in the interest of the United States, rather than enriching himself or his family (sure this could still result in some self-enrichment if successful – but I think it wasn't the primary motivation this time). On some level his personal rapport with Kim Jong-Un seemed to show promise – unlike other Western leaders Trump and Kim understood each other because they are cut from the same cloth: authoritarian, daddy issues, happily destructive clowns.

I actually give Trump credit for trying his best and not settling for a bad deal that his critics were afraid he would push the US into. However all of his efforts at relationship-building with Kim were not nearly enough to overcome the underlying reality that North Korea can never give up it's nuclear program while it's the only place of leverage they have on everyone else. I think this is probably the last time these two meet; Trump will be impeached and North Korea will be de-facto recognized as a nuclear power and after some years will probably force the South to bend to its will.

Last edited: