• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Billy Gilmour Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's inappropriate, embarrassing for the club, and needs to be stopped.

In the grand scheme of things I think there are far worse chants heard at football grounds all around the country. I was at Norwich and didn't join in the chant as we weren't playing chelsea. I'd sooner shout it at chelsea fans rather than the players. Yes some might find it inappropriate and now there's a big fuss over it we'll probably have to stop. That's another chant that helps create an atmosphere lost!

In the grand scheme of things I think there are far worse chants heard at football grounds all around the country. I was at Norwich and didn't join in the chant as we weren't playing chelsea. I'd sooner shout it at chelsea fans rather than the players. Yes some might find it inappropriate and now there's a big fuss over it we'll probably have to stop. That's another chant that helps create an atmosphere lost!
TBH saying there are far worse things, is not a good justification.

OK I murdered my neighbour, but hey - Hitler did worse

We can't moan about us getting chants about Hillsborough, being poor or criminals. If we're unwilling to listen to chants about potential homophobia.

All chants may not be equal, but all are unacceptable

Nah, offensive chants are part of the game.

We can't moan about us getting chants about Hillsborough, being poor or criminals. If we're unwilling to listen to chants about potential homophobia.

All chants may not be equal, but all are unacceptable
So how far do you go banning chants?
There's always someone who can take offence to something.
Do we ban Poor Scouser Tommy because it contains the verse from the "sash" and could be seen as loyalist?

Pretty pathetic analogy. We are talking about football chants here.
Football fans are a creative bunch. I'm sure they can come up with some equally compelling chants which don't use homophobic language.

Chelsea Dickheads?
Chelsea Fuckwits?
Chelsea Bellends?

There's no shortage of options.

Football fans are a creative bunch. I'm sure they can come up with some equally compelling chants which don't use homophobic language.

Chelsea Dickheads?
Chelsea Fuckwits?
Chelsea Bellends?

There's no shortage of options.
What's homophobic about what We chant now?

What's homophobic about what We chant now?
'Rent boy' is a colloquialism for a male prostitute. It is commonly used as a derogatory term to insult gay men. Hence, it's homophobic.

In the case of the 'Chelsea rent boy' chant, the implication is that Chelsea players/fans are male prostitutes, and that this demeans them.

Sorry, I thought all of this was crushingly obvious, but clearly not.

'Rent boy' is a colloquialism for a male prostitute. It is commonly used as a derogatory term to insult gay men. Hence, it's homophobic.

In the case of the 'Chelsea rent boy' chant, the implication is that Chelsea players/fans are male prostitutes, and that this demeans them.

Only if you think prostitutes are inherently less dignified or worthy.

Is that what you think of prostitutes Del ?

From my limited knowledge most gay men are not rent boys. Maybe if you think that way it's you who is homophobic.

Its aimed at Chelsea fans because rent boys, would goto London to make a living and many would end up in Chelsea because the clients were richer. It is not a slur against gays.

From my limited knowledge most gay men are not rent boys. Maybe if you think that way it's you who is homophobic.

Its aimed at Chelsea fans because rent boys, would goto London to make a living and many would end up in Chelsea because the clients were richer. It is not a slur against gays.
But are most rent boys... gay?

The most famous Liverpool banner ever

Joey ate the frogs legs
Made the Swiss roll
Now he's munching gladbach

Would now be deemed offensive, racist and see the fans with it banned. Such is the pathetic attitude towards football fans

Only if you think prostitutes are inherently less dignified or worthy.

Is that what you think of prostitutes Del ?
Are you actually this stupid, or are you just pretending for the sake of trolling?

The term is an established homophobic pejorative. Its implication is very obvious from the way it's been used for the last forty years. You can't remove language from its historical context.

Last edited:
Less worthy than?

That's up to you. Would you introduce your new girlfriend to your parents if she was on the game? Hi mum, hi dad. This is Jane, otherwise known as vixen when she's working.

Or would your prefer Jane to have a normal job?

I think they are upset because they aren't paid enough .. not that they aren't rent boys. Or maybe I've been misled. Hmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom