• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bob Paisley The Most Successful Manager EVER

"I'll just go somewhere else to laugh about your stance"

That's the best idea you've had in your entire life, you chiselling Manc weasel.
Fuck off.

Cal said:
Judge Jules said:
You know full well (though obviously you'll wish you didn't, given Ferguson's record in it) that the biggest Cup competition in football counts for a lot in any comparison of this kind. You can bet Wenger himself would give plenty to win the damn thing - almost as much as Ginsoak would to win it a second time.
You're avoiding the question, do YOU consider Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti & any other manager who has won the EC/CL once to be more successful managers than the likes of Wenger & anyone else who has never won the EC/CL?

If the answer is yes, we'll agree to disagree and you can go on praising Paisley as more successful than Sir Alex and I'll just go somewhere else to laugh about your stance.

if only,Cal.if only.

Avmenon said:
that is the very reason why Shanks is regarded as a greater manager than Paisley, despite the greater success of the latter.

will you be making a comment about Shankly as well?
There is no need to, I wasn't going to comment in this thread as Paisley was a great manager who I have the utmost respect for and I saw little point in dragging the whole thread through another larger number of trophies vs number of trophies in a limited amount of time argument.

Both sets of fans are going to argue their manager was the "greatest", which is essentially a pointless argument. Fact is, Paisley won the more presigeous trophies in a shorter period; Sir Alex won more trophies than anyone. Whilst Sir Matt & Shankly built the foundations of the respective clubs...

Brendan said:
"I'll just go somewhere else to laugh about your stance"

That's the best idea you've had in your entire life, you chiselling Manc weasel.
Fuck off.
Do you think that winning 1 EC/CL makes a manager more succesful than anyone who has never won one?

United finished fourth the two previous seasons before Ferguson took over, they weren't as bad as you're making out. They just had a bad start the year Ron was sacked.

Do you think that winning 1 EC/CL makes a manager more succesful than anyone who has never won one?

You're the Manc DJ Syd.

Are you actually Mancunian, just out of interest?
I have a feeling you're not.

Brendan said:
anfieldanfield said:
Looks like this should be in contention for the graveyard forum.

Superb stuff Livvy, interesting read.

You're still a moaning, irritating cnut I see.
Aces.

Do come back with another name after your next strop won't you?

Be careful Brendan, you might even break the three line barrier one of these days.

An untidy splattering of capital letters, crap gags, a half hearted, laborious ‘funny’ about Paul Tomkins and yet another shite thread dedicated to Chris Kirkland. Wow! Your ever diminishing contribution to forum life, apparently knows no bounds....

Interestingly enough, your only relative high point over recent weeks appears to have come under the guise of one of those different aliases you so apparently loathe, ‘Brendan’s wife’.

You’re the worst ‘best’ poster on the site.

Be careful Brendan, you might even break the three line barrier one of these days.

An untidy splattering of capital letters, crap gags, a half hearted, laborious ‘funny’ about Paul Tomkins and yet another shite thread dedicated to Chris Kirkland. Wow! Your ever diminishing contribution to forum life, apparently knows no bounds....

Interestingly enough, your only relative high point over recent weeks appears to have come under the guise of one of those different aliases you so apparently loathe, ‘Brendan’s wife’.

Haha. Yeah.

However only one of us has had "words" from various moderators, stropped off, come back with YET ANOTHER alias, denied all knowledge of being who we all knew you were, stropped off AGAIN, and then came crawling back after a week. Again.

Difference is, Jamo, you whingeing, BOOHOOHOOing twat, is that you clearly care. I don't.

You fucking hapless joke.

Brendan said:

Haha. Yeah.

However only one of us has had "words" from various moderators, stropped off, come back with YET ANOTHER alias, denied all knowledge of being who we all knew you were, stropped off AGAIN, and then came crawling back after a week. Again.

Difference is, Jamo, you whingeing, BOOHOOHOOing twat, is that you clearly care. I don't.

Nah, of course you dont *care*, Brendan.

Over four thousand posts on an internet forum, a sizeable chunk of which were dedicated to defending your own 'status' and attempting to slice into others without provocation. You just dont give shit man, far too cool for that...

You're a murky little shadow of the brendanj that used to swagger around Koptalk.

a couple of my favourite Paisley quotes:

Upon being asked what his plans for next season were: "Win another one".

The media questioning how he'll replace Kevin Keegan: "where do you think that Dalglish fella's going?".

Arise Sir Bob.

anfieldanfield said:
Brendan said:

Haha. Yeah.

Over four thousand posts on an internet forum, a sizeable chunk of which were dedicated to defending your own 'status' and attempting to slice into others without provocation. You just dont give shit man, far too cool for that...

You're a murky little shadow of the brendanj that used to swagger around Koptalk.

Hardly worthy of a Paisley tribute thread though either of you, is it?

Spionkop69 said:
anfieldanfield said:
Brendan said:

Haha. Yeah.

SPIONKOP FOR MOD!

Piedro said:
Spionkop69 said:
anfieldanfield said:
Brendan said:

Haha. Yeah.

SPIONKOP FOR MOD!

Ha ha!

No!

Cal said:
Avmenon said:
that is the very reason why Shanks is regarded as a greater manager than Paisley, despite the greater success of the latter.

will you be making a comment about Shankly as well?
There is no need to, I wasn't going to comment in this thread as Paisley was a great manager who I have the utmost respect for and I saw little point in dragging the whole thread through another larger number of trophies vs number of trophies in a limited amount of time argument.

Both sets of fans are going to argue their manager was the "greatest", which is essentially a pointless argument. Fact is, Paisley won the more presigeous trophies in a shorter period; Sir Alex won more trophies than anyone. Whilst Sir Matt & Shankly built the foundations of the respective clubs...

Quite accurate but I would have to add that it is a damn sight more difficult than you are intimating to keep a team at the top & (IMO) winning THE most valued club competition in the world is certainly a higher achievement.

I think what really ires most of us is that Bob has still not been knighted. That is an utter disgrace when you consider some of the prats getting a Sir before their names (I'm not referring to Ferguson / Busby of course). Bob being of the old school, I can only assume it is modernist bias.

Simple question, why was Ferguson knighted ? And for that matter Busby ? Clue : No, it wasn't for winning so many domestic honours. In fact you would probably have to say that Busby's was in fact more deserving. Bob's record, and in fact his life too, more than stands comparison.

Frogfish said:
Quite accurate but I would have to add that it is a damn sight more difficult than you are intimating to keep a team at the top & (IMO) winning THE most valued club competition in the world is certainly a higher achievement.

I think what really ires most of us is that Bob has still not been knighted. That is an utter disgrace when you consider some of the prats getting a Sir before their names (I'm not referring to Ferguson / Busby of course). Bob being of the old school, I can only assume it is modernist bias.

Simple question, why was Ferguson knighted ? And for that matter Busby ? Clue : No, it wasn't for winning so many domestic honours. In fact you would probably have to say that Busby's was in fact more deserving. Bob's record, and in fact his life too, more than stands comparison.
I totally agree that Bob Paisley should have been knighted. I think the main reason for Sir Alex getting a knighthood after our Treble was the new found popularity of football in the 90s. More and more players are getting OBEs, MBEs as a result and our Treble kind of sealed the 90s as our time in the best possible way - hence the knighthood.

Another reason could be the long career Sir Alex has had, Bobby Robson has a kinghthood despite not being nearly as successful as anyone we talked about, but he's just been around forever.

Cal said:
I totally agree that Bob Paisley should have been knighted. I think the main reason for Sir Alex getting a knighthood after our Treble was the new found popularity of football in the 90s. More and more players are getting OBEs, MBEs as a result and our Treble kind of sealed the 90s as our time in the best possible way - hence the knighthood.

Yes that is exactly why. Football became very popular and fashionable again with politicians in the 90s for the first time since the 60s really.
In the 70s and 80s football was very far from fashionable and politicians did not want to be associated with it. Hence not so many OBEs or knighthoods

Cal, how long did it take Ferguson to win anything with United? 5 years was it? Believe me, it wasn't mainly due to the fact that the team he inherited was lacking in quality, it was because it took him that long to BUY a team worthy of championships.

A great motivator, yes. But a great tactician, no. He's MR. all out attack. He only ever had one strategy and is a shadow of Paisley.

Bob Paisly = Legend.

Nic83 said:
A great motivator, yes. But a great tactician, no. He's MR. all out attack. He only ever had one strategy and is a shadow of Paisley.

Mr all out attack? Thats a strange comment.

Yes his teams consistently score shit loads of goals. However they also have very good defensive records aswell. Manc Utd defend as a team as good as anyone around. This is because Ferguson has them sorted out tactically. Hes a bloody good tactician if anything.

Nic83 said:
Cal, how long did it take Ferguson to win anything with United? 5 years was it? Believe me, it wasn't mainly due to the fact that the team he inherited was lacking in quality, it was because it took him that long to BUY a team worthy of championships.

Bob Paisly = Legend.

You cant even spell his name right Nic

Whitey85 said:
Nic83 said:

Mr all out attack? Thats a strange comment.

Yes his teams consistently score shit loads of goals. However they also have very good defensive records aswell. Manc Utd defend as a team as good as anyone around. This is because Ferguson has them sorted out tactically. Hes a bloody good tactician if anything.

Disagree. They have very good defensive records because their opponents are often scared of going for it against them. Teams who do so can often get in amongst their defence, the difficulty being that this tends to leave gaps which the Mancs exploit at the other end of the pitch. I don't think Ferguson is that good at picking or coaching defensive players, but more often than not he doesn't need to be.

Bob Paisley----> fighting of two fucking funny kids-------->debate between reds and fucking scum idiot---------->mod nomination. WELL DONE!!!

Good thread *praise only for Livvy*, not many fans know about Bob or know many about him*dont say how come a Liverpool's fan dont know him? It's really happened.Many only know Shankly* With this thread, many can understand more about him. RIP Bob.

Great thread Livvy, thanks

Bob is in my eyes the greatest manager, a very humble and unassuming man but very dry witted.

Nic83 said:

Bob Paisly = Legend.
Yes, United did finish 4th the season before Sir Alex took over, but we were also in the relegation zone at the time he took over with a team of good players near the end of their careers (except Robson) and he has had to revamp the whole culture at the club to succed.

Anyway, of course you'd see Paisley as a legend; the same was United fans see Sir Alex as a legend, no point arguing about it really.

Back
Top Bottom