• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a million miles to go but I’ve sat on this for a couple of games….he reminds me of Stevie G when he broke through at right back…

Not a chance. Gerrard looked did a job at RB. But he was never as good as Bradley.

As others have said. Trent might have to shift into midfield full time. You have to get both into the team right now. But how?

Firstly he’s no Flanagan. Are ya kidding me?

Secondly MOtM again?

thirdly is it too late to get him to play for the republic?

He’s a million miles to go but I’ve sat on this for a couple of games….he reminds me of Stevie G when he broke through at right back…
Yeah I've been thinking the same, his running even seems to be similar ! He just has the same sort of determination and desire.

The team just has a far better balance when he plays - and width. Back to the heydays of the Robbo+Trent combo. What a decision Klopp has to make for Arsenal. I'd play Bradders.

He's been absolutely fantastic. I love how he approaches the game and he has clearly shown that he is ready to step up and be a integral part in the future.
But lets not kid ourselves. Trent starts when he's fit. The question is if Trent is fit and matchfit enough to start away to Arsenal.

Not a chance. Gerrard looked did a job at RB. But he was never as good as Bradley.

As others have said. Trent might have to shift into midfield full time. You have to get both into the team right now. But how?
Trent at DM, Macca at LCM and poor Jones?

I think Trent will come in for Bradley against Arsenal. I just think there's too much tweaking to accommodate both. I'm sure Bradley will get plenty of opportunities though in the run in, and will be a regular sub too.

I think Trent will come in for Bradley against Arsenal. I just think there's too much tweaking to accommodate both. I'm sure Bradley will get plenty of opportunities though in the run in, and will be a regular sub too.

Arsenal is a sterner test, but honestly? I'd start Bradley. I think he and ibou have a lovely understanding, and if it's potentially martinelli down the flank, they need the defensive nous.

I'd rather Trent come back angry when we need to dominate teams

True, especially in the FA cup and the EL.

Arsenal is a sterner test, but honestly? I'd start Bradley. I think he and ibou have a lovely understanding, and if it's potentially martinelli down the flank, they need the defensive nous.

I'd rather Trent come back angry when we need to dominate teams
I would also start Bradley, but I'm just predicting what Klopp will do.

Yes - echo the thoughts of above. I would not drop a player who is in such a run of form, and who started that run of form against Arsenal as a sub. However it is great knowing he can be a really threatening and game changing option from the bench. I would not be surprised to see Trent move to CM early second half if we need to change things up.

One of the most impressive parts of Bradley's game has been his offensive pressing and ball winning. It has left directly to multiple goals already. Insane.

About 6 weeks ago our right flank was impotent and almost void, with Mo & Trent both always drifting centrally. The past 3-4 games we've created most chances and goals from that side, and also benefitted from that width making more space in the middle.

I'm not convinced Trent is ready coming back from injury - he only played 20-25 mins yesterday. I'd prefer Bradders, who is flying (and better defensively) for 60 mins then bring on Trent to apply the coup de grâce.

I'm not convinced Trent is ready coming back from injury - he only played 20-25 mins yesterday. I'd prefer Bradders, who is flying (and better defensively) for 60 mins then bring on Trent to apply the coup de grâce.

I can see arguments for both (i.e. assuming that Bradley & Trent will share the minutes and one could start and the other bench). Trent was in form before his injury too - just not as a typical right back.

Will start Trent, and bring Bradley in to close out the game. No shame to Bradley but I don't think he has been tested in an away ground, in one of the biggest game of the season yet. It's too big of a risk for now. His time will come, just not for Arsenal.

Trent on the other hand will be eager to prove himself as worthy of the starting spot. I just realised it's actually the first time he has faced any *actual* competition for his spot.

And with the sudden hurrah over Bradley, not sure he will get alot of sleep between now till Arsenal!

Arsenal is too big a game for Bradley.

I'm sure he could do it, but if he starts, doesn't perform, and we don't get a result, unnecessary questions will be asked which would be place undue pressure on him. At the same time, it might wreck our Vice-Captain's confidence. Overall, I don't think it's good man management. I do think there is an argument for playing them both, though.

Think Arsenal is where TAA needs to show us why 66 is still No. 1

Will start Trent, and bring Bradley in to close out the game. No shame to Bradley but I don't think he has been tested in an away ground, in one of the biggest game of the season yet. It's too big of a risk for now. His time will come, just not for Arsenal.

Trent on the other hand will be eager to prove himself as worthy of the starting spot. I just realised it's actually the first time he has faced any *actual* competition for his spot.

And with the sudden hurrah over Bradley, not sure he will get alot of sleep between now till Arsenal!
Are you forgetting Bradders played 20 mins away at Arsenal in the FAC (they had almost a full strength side)? yes I know Trent was instrumental but the score was 0-0 when Bradders came on.

For the record I'm sure Klopp will start Trent. I wouldn't (Bradders form, Trent's fitness).

Are you forgetting Bradders played 20 mins away at Arsenal in the FAC (they had almost a full strength side)? yes I know Trent was instrumental but the score was 0-0 when Bradders came on.
I think the pressure might get to him, he is still young and surely human. It is different playing without expectations (back in the FAC) compared to now, with almost the entire footballing world watching in a prime time top of the table clash. If he gets a yellow early doors due to the euphoria of it all, we won't know how he will react. It's a gamble we don't have to make is what I am saying. Trent is available.

Me last night watching Bradders.

giphy.gif

Started off as a "pacy and direct" winger.

Dated 2019
You've got to follow your dream: Meet Tyrone teenager Conor Bradley who's set to seal Liverpool transfer

On May 7, 2019, Liverpool FC proved that anything is possible with a dream and hard work. Now a 15-year-old from County Tyrone is arriving on Merseyside with both in abundance.

Last month, Conor Bradley was watching on at home, scarcely able to believe what he was taking in as his beloved Reds trounced Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield to progress to the Champions League final and tee up the club's sixth European triumph.

"Whenever we went 2-0 up I still thought it was impossible," he smiles.

It wasn't - and that's the knowledge Bradley takes with him as he prepares to sign for his boyhood club in two weeks' time.

The Killen lad will put pen to paper on a two-year scholarship deal at Liverpool on his 16th birthday on July 9.

Just like the moment Divock Origi's second goal of the night put Liverpool 4-3 ahead on aggregate, it will be a moment of glory, pointing forward to a hopeful future but most of all harking back to years of hard graft.

Bradley, a 'pacy and direct' winger by his own definition, has been training with an eye on that moment since he joined Castlederg club St Pat's aged nine. Fast forward three years and he had been hand selected for the Irish FA's development programme and been pushed forward as a potential future star for the Reds.

"I was training with the Liverpool Academy in Belfast and they brought me over for a trial," he explains. "I didn't do very well at first but then I went to Germany on a tour in April 2016 and I was named Players' Player of the Tour. That was really the start of it all for me."

It may have been the beginning but there was plenty more work to be done between then and now. Six days a week, in fact.

Three of those have been spent in Cookstown working with Club NI, one training with Dungannon Swifts, one religiously following his own training programme and Saturdays playing matches.

"Dungannon have been a big help to me but the Club NI guys have been my biggest influence," he said.

"We're so far out in the west here but having three sessions a week in Cookstown with the top coaches has been massive."

All of that, of course, has required hard work as well from dad Joe and mum Linda, who has been racking up around 500 miles a week on top of a full-time job selling cars.

"I don't sleep a lot but we're there now, I suppose, with him going away. When he moves over, someone else can look after him," she laughs.

"It's a privilege when you get to this stage but there is a lot of...," she pauses. "Unseen work," interjects an evidently grateful son.

"Conor's been working hard for a long time and we've known this might happen but we've been trying to keep focused and to make sure Conor stays grounded."

They seem to have done a good job of that, especially with more than one Premier League club sniffing round.

"I played a game for Northern Ireland in Newry and after that, I had Chelsea and Manchester United looking at me as well," he says.

"I went to United and Southampton on trial but we picked Liverpool. It wasn't just because I support them, it was because they're a real family club and that's something we all really appreciate.

"They're also keen on the education side of it, which is very important to me."

Like Bobby Burns - the NI U21 full-back who made headlines in Scotland by insisting on going to university while forging a first-team career at Hearts - Bradley has a brain to match his quick feet.

He was even fast-tracked through Christian Brothers Grammar School in Omagh, missing out Year 10 to go straight into GCSEs in order to facilitate his move across the Irish Sea.

So how has that gone?

"Well, we'll see in a few weeks," jokes mum Linda, looking ahead to results day.

"Fourth year was very difficult but this year has been a lot better," Conor said. "I feel a bit more mature and able to do it, the work hasn't fazed me as much."

At Liverpool, Bradley will study three BTEC diplomas - double sport and business.

But it's out on the pitch that he will this time be thrown in at the deep end with older lads.

Just a month too old to play for the Under 16 team this season, Bradley will go straight to the Under 18s, aiming to break his way into a side that in April won the FA Youth Cup by beating Manchester City on penalties.

"I can't wait for it," he says. "It will be a great opportunity. I'm not too nervous about it yet because I've been over so many times before and I'm living with the same family I've always stayed with. But then maybe the nerves will hit me a bit when I'm actually there.

"I don't like to think about it all too much yet. It's a bit overwhelming that I'm going to join the club that I support but hopefully I can take it all in my stride."

Bradley will make the big move in a few days, ready to begin stage two of his hard work.

And all with the aim of becoming the first Northern Irishman to play a competitive game for the Reds' senior side since Sammy Smyth in the 1950s.

"One day," he says. "You've got to follow your dream," adds Linda.

He's got the graft, he's got the vision.

And as the Reds proved against Barcelona, the impossible just might be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom