• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BREAKING: Top FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland, to be indicted on corruption charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner was chucked out of Fifa a couple of years back because he was too corrupt even for them!! Chuck Blazer appaz cooperated with the FBI and wore a wire tap during the Olympics to collect incriminating evidence.

Are you mad !! Its the fbi ffs - its obviously been timed for when all the delegates are in Zurich to reannoint his majesty for maximum embarrassment - seperately the Swiss judicary has seized fifas offices - you really think this is Blatter's doing?

Yeah, and the FBI is an organization full of spotless saints.

Hahahaha. Fucking hell.

I know yeh..

I found the statement.. 'we instigated the developments that lead to the arrests' was funny. probably a pack of lies..

Why isn't the Fifa President Blatter unable to comment on the events unfolding.. ???

David Cameron is not likely to say nothing is he, say for example half of his cabinet was arrested under similar circumstances..

@martynziegler: Nicolas Leoz is one of those indicted - his aides demanded FA Cup be named after him + a knighthood in return for backing England 2018 bid

Decent request that...

A US journo's being interviewed on TalkSh!te as I write this. In his words: "If Blatter had corruption problems yesterday, he's got a real problem today."

Madness watching the press conference. Its really happening isnt it, the beginning of the end for Blatter.
Great day for football.

Now is the perfect time for a purge.

You just know Blatter will survive this, the emperor palpatine-esque prick.

He managed to quell the fracas over the dossier, he'll dodge this too.

I bet there are a few similarities between the FBI and FIFA. I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if Blatter, like J Edgar Hoover, relaxed around the office wearing pearls, an old-fashioned frock and high heels.

I bet there are a few similarities between the FBI and FIFA. I wouldn't be surprised, for example, if Blatter, like J Edgar Hoover, relaxed around the office wearing pearls, an old-fashioned frock and high heels.

Knew about Hoover's get-up but I thought he "indulged" at home.

What other footy fansite could supply such nuggets of info?

Knew about Hoover's get-up but I thought he "indulged" at home.

What other footy fansite could supply such nuggets of info?

This is one of a few sources...

Project Runway's most indispensable fashion guru, Tim Gunn, may have interacted with FBI head J. Edgar Hoover at his most "stylish" moment, shall we say. Gunn, whose father George William Gunn was Hoover's ghostwriter in the '50s and '60s, speculates in his upcoming book Tim Gunn: Gunn's Golden Rules that he met Hoover once when he was dressed as I Love Lucy legend Vivian Vance. To read the startling, not-so-Desilu details, carry on through.

According to Gunn, he's not positive he met Hoover in drag, but his suspicions sound pretty valid.

One thing happened that made me wonder if maybe [my father] did know something about Hoover's supposed love of dresses and wigs. My sister and I used to take the FBI tour once a year. It was a big deal in D.C., and we never missed it. One year, 1961, when I was eight, I was on the tour and my father asked me if I'd like to meet Vivian Vance. According to Helen Gandy, Hoover's secretary, Vance was visiting Hoover, and she said she'd be happy to meet us.​
I was a rabid I Love Lucy fan and was beside myself with excitement.​
"Ethel Mertz is here?" I screamed. My father smiled and took my sister and me into Hoovers' office, where I shook Vivian Vance's hand and chatted with her. I was thrilled.​
Years later, I was reminiscing with my sister about the meeting, and suddenly I realized something. "Does it seem odd to you," I asked her, "that when we met Vivian Vance in Hoover's office, Hoover wasn't there?"​
I've since looked at photos of both Hoover and Vivian Vance from that period of time, and the similarities are rather eerie...​
I've called some Vivian Vance experts, including Rob Edelman and Audrey Kupferberg, who wrote Meet the Mertzes: The Life Stories of I Love Lucy's Other Couple; none of them knew of any meeting between Vance and Hoover.​
I'm not saying at the age eight I definitely met J. Edgar Hoover at his office in the FBI wearing a dress and makeup, only that I strongly suspect it. My mother says I'm crazy, but she wasn't there.​

18j1jk02ibqvmjpg.jpg

Hang on, does this mean that Platini could get in with FIFA? Stop the investigation now.

We'd be replacing Hitler with Napoleon.

Federal charges carry the threat of a death penalty. It will be funny if someone like Platini bribed the judge in order to clear the way.

If the Fbi bring down Blatter and his cronies we play Soccer from now on.

It's only fair.

The Americans are the only ones that have the balls to do it, despite the dogs in the street knowing what's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom