• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buenos Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diaz has had the quickest and most accomplished start for a new LFC signing that I think I've ever seen. Keegan back in the day and Torres more recently had fast starts as well but this guy hasn't just hit the ground running, he's done it with rockets in his boots.

Diaz has had the quickest and most accomplished start for a new LFC signing that I think I've ever seen. Keegan back in the day and Torres more recently had fast starts as well but this guy hasn't just hit the ground running, he's done it with rockets in his boots.
Salah is surely a worthy mention - 44 goals in his first 52 is a club record.

I do think that Diaz's play in deeper areas has been stronger than we've seen from Salah in his time here. Seems to be able to do his thing all over the park.

For me, one of Diaz’s best qualities is his ability to protect the ball under pressure - he is so creative with his dribbling and tenacious, he usually emerges as the winner in tight situations. I have a feeling that we haven’t used that quality to full effect yet - curious to see what Klopp will come up with in the off-season.

Whenever I see this thread on my phone, I read it as Bluenose Diaz, and assume he has revealed his childhood love of mediocrity

Call me a curmudgeon. I'm not seeing the end product in the big games.... yet.
That final end product on a consistent basis is what we're all hoping to see from him this season, but right now his presence and trickery seriously disrupts the opposition defence, his passing decisions and accuracy is ridiculously good for a player of his type, and his work rate is fantastic.
I think we got him cheap.

That final end product on a consistent basis is what we're all hoping to see from him this season, but right now his presence and trickery seriously disrupts the opposition defence, his passing decisions and accuracy is ridiculously good for a player of his type, and his work rate is fantastic.
I think we got him cheap.

Alrighty, I'm going with your view, I like it

Call me a curmudgeon. I'm not seeing the end product in the big games.... yet.

I think that is fair, but think it will come. I did notice that his pressing today was far better coordinated with the team today and very effective. I think pre-season will have done him a world of good on both sides of the ball.

His work rate is insane. Had Walker for pace a few times as well. Not many players will do that.

He’s immense.

He needs to add abit of guile to his repertoire of the usual get the ball, head down and head straight for goal routine.

In the 2nd half they had him somewhat figured out and he was mostly ineffective. Not sure if it was partly due to his fitness not being 100% but I guess we will find out as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom