• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League ticket prices released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your car will be safe as long as you don't leave items of value in sight. This whole car stereo and hub cap nicking bollocks is no more prevalent on Merseyside as it is anywhere else. Just use common sense.

Okay, ta. You leave from the London area don't you, the West side I believe? What time do you usually leave to get to these evening games on time? I'm having to do an immense juggling job with work at the moment, so trying to get it all figured out. I'm assuming that being on the M1 at 3pm is about right?

Okay, ta. You leave from the London area don't you, the West side I believe? What time do you usually leave to get to these evening games on time? I'm having to do an immense juggling job with work at the moment, so trying to get it all figured out. I'm assuming that being on the M1 at 3pm is about right?

That should do it, but there's no room for any time loss with that. You need to be past Brum on the M6 by 5pm or it gets proper ugly. You can try going M1 to junction 24 A50 and then take that across to junction 15 of the M6. Generally less busy and misses the Brum section of the M6. Much better route at that time of day.

That should do it, but there's no room for any time loss with that. You need to be past Brum on the M6 by 5pm or it gets proper ugly. You can try going M1 to junction 24 A50 and then take that across to junction 15 of the M6. Generally less busy and misses the Brum section of the M6. Much better route at that time of day.
I'd probably take the toll, which should hopefully help with issues around Brum, although that A50 route does look nice. It's all such a pain, why can't Liverpool be closer!

He's in Essex. That's miles away! Especially when you're heading back after a midweek game!
Yes, I'd assumed as much, otherwise I would have asked after your post the other week. It's probably a good hour the opposite way, and funnily enough that hour is whats causing me the most issues at the moment!

I'd probably take the toll, which should hopefully help with issues around Brum, although that A50 route does look nice. It's all such a pain, why can't Liverpool be closer!

Trust me the A50 route is miles better. The toll road costs money and there is road works all around the toll road end. The A50 makes sense.

And yeah, it's 2 hrs to Essex from me, otherwise I'd have offered. It's just not doable when I have work the next day.

Yes, I'd assumed as much, otherwise I would have asked after your post the other week. It's probably a good hour the opposite way, and funnily enough that hour is whats causing me the most issues at the moment!

Can you work remotely? You could find a way of going up to Liverpool for the day and working from somewhere with wifi e.g. Library/ Starbuck/ Office?

Can you work remotely? You could find a way of going up to Liverpool for the day and working from somewhere with wifi e.g. Library/ Starbuck/ Office?
Whilst I can work remotely, I don't think my work would be happy with me doing that. I'm probably going to have to book the day off, originally I wanted to do a half day and drive to Liverpool when I was done, however as I work in central London, I'd have to get back to Essex, and then drive to Liverpool, reality being I wouldn't set off until 2pm, which is too late. Short of driving to Watford Junction at 6am, parking up and going to and from work form there, it's going to be impossible I think. The train would have been perfect, but alas they don't run late enough, damnit.

We're fucking mad really aren't we? All that money and can still go home gutted or having witnessed no entertainment whatsoever. and yet we go.
There can't be many other walks of life where something has gone up so exponentially.
Still remember Kop tickets going up to £4.

% wise I expect everything has gone up similarly. Cinema, pint of beer, train fare

Lots. [emoji20]

% wise I expect everything has gone up similarly. Cinema, pint of beer, train fare

Lots. [emoji20]

6 quid.

I remember paying 8 quid to stand and watch Liverpool 3 Man U 3 n all...

Those prices are steep.... God knows what it'd be like at Arsenal nowadays...

@Mystic

You wanna Park here mate:

Dropped pin

near 120 Sheil Rd
Liverpool
L6

http://goo.gl/maps/P1axg

Whilst it's technically a shitty area, that bit is inbetween areas with not much going on, there's very little car crime & spion has parked there with no issues.

You quite literally walk North in a straight line to the ground, if you walk at a half decent pace you'll beat match traffic & be on the motorway quick sharp as spion said.

Lots. [emoji20]

Nope. Retail price index started in 1987, which was a few years after I got my first season ticket for £35. I reckon by then an adult kop ticket was around £60. Now it's around £700. I think.

RPI in 1987 was 1.
in 2014 it's 2.53.

That means on average things are 2.53 times more expensive. So the Kop season ticket would be £150. That was standing. So say the stands were around 100 quid. I don't think they were that much, it's still 250 v 800.

@Mystic

You wanna Park here mate:

Dropped pin

near 120 Sheil Rd
Liverpool
L6

http://goo.gl/maps/P1axg

Whilst it's technically a shitty area, that bit is inbetween areas with not much going on, there's very little car crime & spion has parked there with no issues.

You quite literally walk North in a straight line to the ground, if you walk at a half decent pace you'll beat match traffic & be on the motorway quick sharp as spion said.

Cheers Jon, I'll probably go with this, looking at google maps, that's about a 15minute walk?

Park on any street and the going rate for "mind ya car" is ten bob (or was in the 90s :)). Of course if you actually want your car minded, then go somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom