• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea 24 points deduction incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
Chelsea are the third Premier League club currently under investigation for financial breaches, theirs relating to a transfer they secured ahead of Liverpool.

Along with Man City and Everton, Chelsea are now subject of an investigation by the Premier League for alleged financial breaches.

That is according to the Times, who report suspicions over payments around two signings from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala in the summer of 2013.

This was what I posted in the Football Finance thread yesterday - story was on the BBC website.

Anyone remember when we were trying to sign Willian, it was taking ages and then suddenly Chelsea swooped from out of nowhere and got the deal done in a matter of hours, and this was a sign of how inept we were and how they knew what they were doing?
Well, they are now being investigated over that deal, and also E’too, by the Premier League. A Chelsea statement on Monday said: "These allegations pre-date the club's current ownership. They concern entities that were allegedly controlled by the club's former owner and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club.”
So it looks like either the Russian owned Anzhi Machcachala, or there was some sort of third party ownership scheme going on. The former would probably be OK, the latter not so much, which I assume is what is suspected. They will, of course, get away with it, sins of the father and all that, but the findings should give the general public some idea of how massively corrupt the transfer system is.

All I care about is that they throw enough mud at Everton and Chelsea that the amount that sticks means it’s impossible for City to get off Scot free.

Why should it matter that it was different owners or than no one involved is still at the club? The club cheated and got a advantage over the competition and thus should be fully punished... Doesn't matter if the new owners reported this because it probably would have come out anyway

Teams are going to continue to break rules until a meaningful punishment is handed out to one of them.

It's typical that the punishments only get handed out in the seasons when they have no consequences.

It would be meaningful if Everton or Chelsea got kicked out the PL, or lost CL qualification, as a result of a point deduction. Not going to happen though.
The year that Liverpool or Arsenal win the League, they'll happily deduct 10 points from Man City.

It's typical that the punishments only get handed out in the seasons when they have no consequences.

It would be meaningful if Everton or Chelsea got kicked out the PL, or lost CL qualification, as a result of a point deduction. Not going to happen though.
The year that Liverpool or Arsenal win the League, they'll happily deduct 10 points from Man City.

It also has to be proportional and timely.

I mean by that, if they’ve spent 20 years cheating, the punishment should last for 20 years - whether that’s -50 points for 10 years or not and they need to be quicker in dealing with issues.

It’s utterly ridiculous that cheating from a decade ago (or whatever it was) is only happening now.

Anyway - I expect a quiet announcement to slip out anytime that City have agreed to please guilty to some minor infringements - like have the charges against them are for non-cooperation, with all that leading to a small fine and nothing else.

Still it's not as farcial as the usual 1-year transfer ban (after you've already bought 25 new players on 8 year contracts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom