• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

The rat eating bastards have triggered a global recession just in time for our post-brexit global trade negotiations. Long have I foreseen this doom. Soon we will be the ones forced to scavenge around the streets hunting rat meat.

Nobody's talking about Hong Kong anymore though

Don't read that bullshit from the MSM. Here's the real deal from r/conspiracy :

mtr163afu9k41.jpg

Encephalitis proteins? Encephalitis is swelling of the brain, I don't think there are any encephalitis proteins...

Encephalitis proteins? Encephalitis is swelling of the brain, I don't think there are any encephalitis proteins...

I thought a virus needed some kind of protein in order to attach or get into the cell it infects?

(Really stretching my GCSE Biology here. Actually I didn't even do GCSE Biology, shit)

I thought a virus needed some kind of protein in order to attach or get into the cell it infects?

(Really stretching my GCSE Biology here. Actually I didn't even do GCSE Biology, shit)
The suffix -itis means swelling, I'm not sure there's a specific virus called encephalitis... Although I suppose there could be.

This is peak Aspergers Reddit, all the juicy terms are there in their full Rain Man Tinfoil Hat glory:

Bell curves!
Immune-loop process repeats!
A Chinese cover-up and mass burning of bodies!
WHO ministry of propaganda!
Genetically-modified bio-weapons designed to kill!
Doom-prepping and extinction rates!

This is peak Aspergers Reddit, all the juicy terms are there in their full Rain Man Tinfoil Hat glory:

Bell curves!
Immune-loop process repeats!
A Chinese cover-up and mass burning of bodies!
WHO ministry of propaganda!
Genetically-modified bio-weapons designed to kill!
Doom-prepping and extinction rates!

It was topped quite spectacularly for me by this evidence of chemtrails :

n9bg7l33y9k41.jpg

I find the fact that so many people are panic buying hand sanitizer, despite it being shown repeatedly by actual scientists that it doesn't do anything against any virus, pretty much sums up the stupidity of, well, most of the general public.

My daughter's good pal has been kept off school self isolating because a family member has come back from Italy with the virus. This shit just got close.

Doesn't the thing where there have been two different strains in Seattle for a few weeks mean most people must just think they've got a bit of a cold?

I find the fact that so many people are panic buying hand sanitizer, despite it being shown repeatedly by actual scientists that it doesn't do anything against any virus, pretty much sums up the stupidity of, well, most of the general public.
It depends on the sanitiser and the virus. I think alcohol based sanitiser works against the coronavirus but it needs to be at least 60% alcohol.

Stop reading idiot opinions on Twitter.

If there's one thing worse than idiots believing any old shit, it's fucking half-informed smug-posting about how stupid everyone else is, based on something posted on social media

"But!.....but! a Virus isn't the same as a bacteria! And ...and I read this thing that said hand-washing using soap is superior!"

Alcohol-based sanitizers do work, why the fuck do you think hospitals use them?

Hand sanitizer is sold out at loads of places and the price of it has rocketed, even though soap and water is far more effective.

Stop reading idiot opinions on Twitter.

If there's one thing worse than idiots believing any old shit, it's fucking half-informed smug-posting about how stupid everyone else is, based on something posted on social media

"But!.....but! a Virus isn't the same as a bacteria! And ...and I read this thing that said hand-washing using soap is superior!"

Alcohol-based sanitizers do work, why the fuck do you think hospitals use them?
The ones the hospitals use work, but not necessarily 100% effectively, due to the 'enveloping' of the virus. The ones mostly sold in stores are pretty much ineffective as most of them are under the level of alcohol needed to have any real effect.

Soap & water however, work much, much more effectively.

The ones the hospitals use work, but not necessarily 100% effectively, due to the 'enveloping' of the virus. The ones mostly sold in stores are pretty much ineffective as most of them are under the level of alcohol needed to have any real effect.

Yeah, but there isn't a sink, soap and water at every lift, shop, street, meeting room, reception area or whatever, so banging extra alcohol-sanitisers in as many places as possible, as a useful top up, is a great idea.

And let's be honest, when people talk about the effectiveness of soap, water and towels, that's assuming people do it properly in the first place.

Don't start coming in here putting up genuine facts and reasonable debate. You'll be much better off calling everyone a cunt that doesn't agree.

Don't start coming in here putting up genuine facts and reasonable debate. You'll be much better off calling everyone a cunt that doesn't agree.

I don't think I've called you a cunt.

I usually just say you're "retarded" or "thick", both of which are true.

What's rattled your fucking cage? Wasn't even quoting you you miserable old ponce.

Doesn't the thing where there have been two different strains in Seattle for a few weeks mean most people must just think they've got a bit of a cold?
83-85% of people either have no symptoms at all or so mild they hardly notice it. So possibly yes !

Alcohol rubs kill many different kinds of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant bacteria and TB bacteria. 90% alcohol rubs are highly flammable, but kill many kinds of viruses, including enveloped viruses such as the flu virus, the common cold virus, and HIV, though is notably ineffective against the rabies virus

Hate to use Wiki but it does quote sources:

Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is more convenient compared to hand washing with soap and water in most situations in the healthcare setting.[3] It is generally more effective at killing microorganisms and better tolerated than soap and water.[5] Hand washing should still be carried out if contamination can be seen or following the use of the toilet.[6]
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 % alcohol or contains a "persistent antiseptic" should be used.[17][18] Alcohol rubs kill many different kinds of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant bacteria and TB bacteria. 90% alcohol rubs are highly flammable, but kill many kinds of viruses, including enveloped viruses such as the flu virus, the common cold virus, and HIV, though is notably ineffective against the rabies virus.[19][20][21]
90% alcohol rubs are more effective against viruses than most other forms of hand washing.[22] Isopropyl alcohol will kill 99.99 % or more of all non-spore forming bacteria in less than 30 seconds, both in the laboratory and on human skin.[17][23]
The alcohol in hand sanitizers may not have the 10–15 seconds exposure time required to denature proteins and lyse cells in too low quantities (0.3 ml) or concentrations (below 60%).[5] In environments with high lipids or protein waste (such as food processing), the use of alcohol hand rubs alone may not be sufficient to ensure proper hand hygiene.[5]
For health care settings like hospitals and clinics, optimum alcohol concentration to kill bacteria is 70% to 95%.[24][25] Products with alcohol concentrations as low as 40% are available in American stores, according to researchers at East Tennessee State University.[26]
Alcohol rub sanitizers kill most bacteria, and fungi, and stop some viruses. Alcohol rub sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol (mainly ethyl alcohol) kill 99.9% of the bacteria on hands 30 seconds after application and 99.99% to 99.999%[note 1] in one minute.[22]

Alcohol rubs kill many different kinds of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant bacteria and TB bacteria. 90% alcohol rubs are highly flammable, but kill many kinds of viruses, including enveloped viruses such as the flu virus, the common cold virus, and HIV, though is notably ineffective against the rabies virus

Hate to use Wiki but it does quote sources:

Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is more convenient compared to hand washing with soap and water in most situations in the healthcare setting.[3] It is generally more effective at killing microorganisms and better tolerated than soap and water.[5] Hand washing should still be carried out if contamination can be seen or following the use of the toilet.[6]
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 % alcohol or contains a "persistent antiseptic" should be used.[17][18] Alcohol rubs kill many different kinds of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant bacteria and TB bacteria. 90% alcohol rubs are highly flammable, but kill many kinds of viruses, including enveloped viruses such as the flu virus, the common cold virus, and HIV, though is notably ineffective against the rabies virus.[19][20][21]
90% alcohol rubs are more effective against viruses than most other forms of hand washing.[22] Isopropyl alcohol will kill 99.99 % or more of all non-spore forming bacteria in less than 30 seconds, both in the laboratory and on human skin.[17][23]
The alcohol in hand sanitizers may not have the 10–15 seconds exposure time required to denature proteins and lyse cells in too low quantities (0.3 ml) or concentrations (below 60%).[5] In environments with high lipids or protein waste (such as food processing), the use of alcohol hand rubs alone may not be sufficient to ensure proper hand hygiene.[5]
For health care settings like hospitals and clinics, optimum alcohol concentration to kill bacteria is 70% to 95%.[24][25] Products with alcohol concentrations as low as 40% are available in American stores, according to researchers at East Tennessee State University.[26]
Alcohol rub sanitizers kill most bacteria, and fungi, and stop some viruses. Alcohol rub sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol (mainly ethyl alcohol) kill 99.9% of the bacteria on hands 30 seconds after application and 99.99% to 99.999%[note 1] in one minute.[22]

I think FFF is talking more about those little handy pocket-sized gel handwash things that you get in Tesco and smell nice, I would guess the contents of most of those aren't like hospital-grade wall-mounted alcohol-heavy sanitisers.

But they're still better than nothing and not "useless", obvs

The problem with the 90% alcohol rubs is that it can act as a preservative for some bacterial spores and by using them you're actually helping the fuckers to survive. Generally 70% works best and that's what they use in labs to wipe down benches etc.

Back
Top Bottom