• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cody Gakpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Gakpo (around 7:45 mins): “I don’t know if there are better fans in the world. When we play home or away, you hear them. You always feel the support. That’s why you’re going to the next step. You want to fight for them.”

Klopp (around 3:33 mins): "He’s incredibly nice, incredibly smart. I think Cody is the oldest 24-year-old I have ever met. When I met Cody he was captain of his old club in Eindhoven. Wow. And you realise after 10 minutes why."

From The Athletic article shared by @Hass here:

In the false-nine role, Gakpo is adept at dropping into pockets of space to receive possession. When he drops deep, he progresses the ball forward effectively either through dribbling or passing.

As his progressive pass map shows below, Gakpo plays a lot of passes from deep central areas, and plenty of dangerous passes into the penalty area.

One frustration aimed at Firmino was his lack of goalscoring threat. Salah and Mane did the heavy lifting when playing alongside the Brazilian, but Gakpo is able to mix his creativity with getting into goalscoring positions. At Liverpool, only Salah has scored more than his nine Premier League goals, or taken more than his 50 Premier League shots since he arrived.

The 24-year-old’s intelligent decision-making also applies off the ball. He adapted to Liverpool’s pressing structure instantly and his tireless work-rate and hold-up play have made him a player Klopp trusts in big matches.
Untitled2.jpg

In the Premier League, since Gakpo’s arrival on January 1, he and Salah have proven to be the most creative pairing. They have combined to exchange the most passes (105) and create the most chances (26) for each other.

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom