• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Confirmed transfers 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea is a great prospect but still relatively unproven. The Manc defence will definetly be under more pressure without VDS.

Re: Confirmed transfers 2011/12

For years you lot have been saying how shit and overrated Van Der Sar is. Now hes retired and he's 'going to be hard to replace' and the new lad is 'unproven'.
Hes played for two years in the best league in the world.
Van Der Sar was a great keeper and this lad is potentially better. As a shot stopper hes as good as there is.
Plus he'll have Vidic and Ferdinand in front of him.

Ive never said that. If you believe Utd wont be hit by losing a 40 year old excellent communictor on the pitch, experienced from here to Mars and great sweeper taking of pressure from the defence, you're crazy to say the least.

The new lad is 19 and probably will take time to get going. He hasnt really been tested at Atleti because there was no pressure compared to what he'll face now.

He'll be a great keeper alright, but it could take some time to get there.

There is a reason Utd have looked shaky as hell everytime VDS didnt play.. Will be interesting to see.

I didnt mean you specifically tbh.
Its just funny to read the hope in peoples posts re-the mancs.
Oh theyll miss Ronaldo.....Keane......Beckham.....Van Nistzzzzzzzzz

Its been going for years and they just go out and replace them without much fuss.

De Gea is a top class young keeper and one of the names a lot of fans were saying we should get if Reina leaves.

Its funny really.

United are still the team to beat.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45444.msg1357684#msg1357684 date=1309420586]
If you were an Arsenal fan youd be fucking livid wouldnt you?
Your manager has been fucking around for YEARS with shite keepers whilst The Mancs just go the minute their stopper retires and spend 19m on a top class replacement.
This lad is top class btw.
[/quote]

Haha, that is very true.

Potential bananaskin if he's thrown in at the deep end.

I for one hope he is as there'll be all sorts of pressure on the young lads shoulders.

Very unlike Ferguson this signing. IMO. Unless of course he'll get time to adjust but then he'll have to rely on a rather inexperienced (at highest level) Lindegaard.

But then again he can prove to be WC from the off and then I'm sitting here with a long face.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=45444.msg1357730#msg1357730 date=1309424338]

I for one hope he is as there'll be all sorts of pressure on the young lads shoulders.

Very unlike Ferguson this signing. IMO. Unless of course he'll get time to adjust but then he'll have to rely on a rather inexperienced (at highest level) Lindegaard.

But then again he can prove to be WC from the off and then I'm sitting here with a long face.
[/quote]

I don't think De Gea isn't up to it. I mean he played in La Liga and as a few matches in Europe under his belt. He's regular in Spain's youth teams as well. It's not like he's some no name without any experience.

I'm afraid he'll be very good.

[quote author=Holle link=topic=45444.msg1357766#msg1357766 date=1309427338]

[/quote]

I don't think De Gea isn't up to it. I mean he played in La Liga and as a few matches in Europe under his belt. He's regular in Spain's youth teams as well. It's not like he's some no name without any experience.

[/quote]

Lets send the Andy C on him!!

[quote author=Holle link=topic=45444.msg1357766#msg1357766 date=1309427338]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He's yet to prove he can cope with the pressure at highest level and with beeing only 19-years-old that's a lot to ask. There's a reason why the best clubs rarely plays such young keepers. Especially United has thrived doing the exact opposite actually.

[quote author=KHL link=topic=45444.msg1357819#msg1357819 date=1309431272]
He's yet to prove he can cope with the pressure at highest level and with beeing only 19-years-old that's a lot to ask. There's a reason why the best clubs rarely plays such young keepers. Especially United has thrived doing the exact opposite actually.
[/quote]

We bought Reina when he'd just turned 23 had about 150 senior appearances to his name.

Chelsea bought Cech when he'd just turned 24 and had about 100 appearances to his name.

A.Madrid are a club with CL aspirations and he kept his place despite the fact that they'd spent like 7M on another young Spanish keeper who'd already had a full season under his belt. Furthermore he's already played and won a European final. You'd struggle to find many players with five years on him that have that kind of experience.

There is a risk, sure, but it's a fairly calculated one.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=45444.msg1357837#msg1357837 date=1309432896]
[quote author=KHL link=topic=45444.msg1357819#msg1357819 date=1309431272]
[/quote]

We bought Reina when he'd just turned 23 had about 150 senior appearances to his name.

Chelsea bought Cech when he'd just turned 24 and had about 100 appearances to his name.

A.Madrid are a club with CL aspirations and he kept his place despite the fact that they'd spent like 7M on another young Spanish keeper who'd already had a full season under his belt. Furthermore he's already played and won a European final. You'd struggle to find many players with five years on him that have that kind of experience.

There is a risk, sure, but it's a fairly calculated one.
[/quote]

Buffon was 23 when Juventus broke the world record fee for a goal keeper. He had played at the top level for Parma (and won the UEFA cup when he was 20 or 21).

Basically, [quote author=dreambeliever] if you are good enough you are old enough.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey khl, my team signed another Danish lad this week. Marc Olsen (I think) - played for Brondby and some team called HIF.

He bamboozled me with stepovers and other sexy shit in training the other night. No doubt he'll be fucking shite when it comes to the muddy paddock on gameday, but thus far he looks quite good.

You recognise the name?

Swansea
Steven Caulker (Tottenham) - loan

Sunderland
Craig Gardner (Birmingham City) - £6m

Bolton
Darren Pratley (Swansea) - free transfer

Lille
Dimitri Payet (St Etienne) - €10 million
Benoit Pedretti (Auxerre)

110630Visages01.jpg

St Etienne
Sinama-Pongolle (Sporting Lisbon) - loan

sinama2.jpg

1(4).jpg

His 8th club since coming thru Le Havre academy, averaging a club every yr, since his move to Liverpool.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=45444.msg1358160#msg1358160 date=1309480078]

[/quote]

Hey khl, my team signed another Danish lad this week. Marc Olsen (I think) - played for Brondby and some team called HIF.

He bamboozled me with stepovers and other sexy shit in training the other night. No doubt he'll be fucking shite when it comes to the muddy paddock on gameday, but thus far he looks quite good.

You recognise the name?
[/quote]
Sure do mate. Had a good rep in his youth years with Brøndby If I'm not mistaken.

Technically and pacy player. Even Got a handful of games at highest level.

Some rather good 'cast offs' you're playing along mate. You must be rather good yourself I take it? Kewell-like? 😀

He should be an ace signing but I've got a feeling he's going to cost them some big results in the coming year.*

*I'm basing this on nothing

[quote author=Binny link=topic=45444.msg1358419#msg1358419 date=1309534589]
Swansea
Steven Caulker (Tottenham) - loan

Sunderland
Craig Gardner (Birmingham City) - £6m

Bolton
Darren Pratley (Swansea) - free transfer
[/quote]

Caulker is definitely worth keeping an eye out for, he was brilliant on loan at Yeovil in the 1st division (2 seasons ago when he was 17) and last season at Bristol City in The Championship. I've already said that whoever signed Pratley on a freebie this summer was going to be amongst the best signings of the summer. I've always suspected this guy would take the EPL in his stride and now I'll find out if I'm right.

If Swansea can hang on to their CB Ashley Williams and play Caulker beside him (and with the addition of Pratley) I'm beginning to think Swansea could surprise a few people next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom