• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2017/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorge Meré - (reportedly €9 million)

[article]
1. FC Köln have completed the signing of Jorge Meré. The 20-year-old Spaniard arrives from Sporting Gijon and has signed a contract with FC until June 30, 2022. Meré featured 56 times in La Liga over the past two seasons for Gijon, whilst also playing for the Spanish youth teams. The defender has played 16 games for Spain U21s, finishing runners-up to Germany at the U21 European Championships in Poland.

“We have been following Jorge Meré’s development for some time. He has been a regular for the last two years in Gijon and has also played in the U21 Championship this summer. He gives us more possibilities in defence,” says FC general manager Jörg Schmadtke.

“I am looking forward to playing at 1. FC Köln and to prove myself in the Bundesliga and in the Europa League,” says Jorge Meré. “FC is a club where you can develop very well as a young player. There were many rumours, but my goal was to always go to 1. FC Köln.”

Jorge Meré has been awarded the number 22 jersey at 1. FC Köln. He will start FC training next week.
[/article]

Jetro Willems - Eintracht Frankfurt (reportedly €6 million)

Christopher Samba - Aston Villa (free transfer)

[article]
Aston Villa are delighted to announce the signing of Chris Samba.

Samba was a free agent after leaving Greek side Panathinaikos in January 2017.

The 33-year-old arrived in B6 on trial the following month and he has impressed Steve Bruce greatly over the past few months.

He trained with the squad in Portugal during the pre-season training camp and also helped the team keep two clean sheets in friendlies against Telford and Walsall.

Samba has now penned a one-year deal.

He said: “I have enjoyed my time with Aston Villa and I am very pleased to continue this association after signing my contract with the club.

“I have played against Aston Villa many times and it’s always been a club I have had the utmost respect for because of its standing in the game.

“I can’t wait to put the shirt on this coming season.

"It’s a big season as everyone knows and if I can play my part in making it successful, I will be very happy.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Javier Manquillo - Newcastle (reportedly £4.5 million)

[article]
Spain under-21 international Javier Manquillo has become Newcastle United’s fourth signing of the summer after completing a move to St. James’ Park from Atlético Madrid for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old defender has signed a three-year contract with the Magpies and has joined up with Rafa Benítez and his new team-mates at the club's training camp in Ireland.

Madrid-born Manquillo started his career with Atlético, while he has also played on loan for Liverpool, Marseille and Sunderland. As well as representing his country at every youth level, he has Champions League and Europa League experience.

Winger Jacob Murphy joined Newcastle on Wednesday while Ghana international Christian Atsu and French centre-back Florian Lejeune have also signed for the club during the current transfer window.

Speaking about his move, Manquillo said: "I'm very happy to be here. From the first moment that Rafa Benítez called me, I just knew that I had to come here, to such a big club.

"I'm very happy with the challenge ahead.

"I've come here to work hard and give everything on and off the pitch. Hopefully then everything will go in the right direction."

Manager Benítez added: "Like Jacob Murphy, Manquillo is another young player. He can play both sides of the defence and he has a lot of motivation because he knows he has a point to prove.

"He can still improve but he has played for Spain at under-21 level and that is because he is a good player, so hopefully he will show that form here."
[/article]

Rio Mavuba - Sparta Prague (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Experienced French midfielder Rio Mavuba becomes the tenth summer signing, completing his move from Lille and signing a 3-year deal.

33 years old central midfielder has rich experience from French top division, making more than 400 league appearances for Bordeaux and Lille. In the 2007-2008 Rio played in Spanish La Liga for Villarreal, too.

Mavuba won the French League cup with Bordeaux, then became the league champion, cup winner and supercup winner with Lille.

Rio is also a French national team player. Having made his debut in 2004, he made 20 appearances for the first team. He played for France at the last World Cup in 2014, coming on as a sub in the group stage match against Honduras.
[/article]

Kurt Zouma - Stoke (loan)

[article]STOKE CITY are delighted to announce the signing of Kurt Zouma on a season-long loan from Premier League champions Chelsea.

The French international completed a medical at Clayton Wood earlier this week before travelling back to West London to complete the necessary paperwork.

The 22-year-old, who is widely regarded as one of the most talented young defenders in Europe, was courted by a host of sides around the continent but has opted to make a switch to the bet365 Stadium.

Confirming his arrival, Chief Executive Tony Scholes told stokecityfc.com: “Kurt is a player that has many admirers within the game, and we are understandably delighted to have been able to bring him to the Club.

Manager Mark Hughes added: “Kurt is undoubtedly one of the most talented young defenders in the game, so naturally his arrival will enhance our playing squad for the forthcoming campaign.

“We have prioritised adding further strength in depth to defensive positions this summer, and we have certainly done that by fending off any number of clubs who were all interested in taking Kurt on loan.

“He first caught my attention as a 17-year-old during his time at St. Etienne, and in fact, I actually tried to sign him at that point in his career, but whilst that deal never materialised I am delighted to finally get the opportunity to work with him now.

“On his day he is one of the most impressive defenders in the league, and whilst injury unfortunately hampered his progress at Chelsea last season, we are certain that we can give him the platform to recapture the form he showed prior to his setback.”

Despite his young age, Zouma has already made 144 senior appearances, 71 of which have come during his successful three-year spell at Stamford Bridge.

The powerful and technically-gifted central defender helped the Blues capture the Premier League title in both 2014/15 and 2016/17, although he was restricted to just 13 outings last term after suffering a serious knee injury against Manchester United.[/article]

Robbie Kruse - Bochum (free transfer)

[article]
Socceroo Robbie Kruse has finally settled his club future, signing with second tier German outfit VfL Bochum.

Kruse, 28, has been clubless since May when he left Chinese club Liaoning Whowin due to unpaid wages.

But the former Fortuna Dusseldorf and Bayer Levekusen forward ruled out another stint in the A-League and instead signalled a return to Europe.

Despite being clubless, Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou stuck with the 53-capped player in the recent Confederations Cup which may have helped seal the deal.

VfL's sporting director Christian Hochstätter said Kruse was an ideal fit for the club.

"Robbie Kruse is a very fast player, who predominately plays as a winger and thus fits perfectly into what we required," Hochstätter told the club's website.

"We have watched him for a long time, and he has finally been able to present himself at the Confed Cup to a larger public.

"Through his time in the Bundesliga he knows the requirements in Germany, also with regard to the playing methods in the 2. Bundesliga.

"He speaks German, so the integration is not a problem."

Kruse said he was delighted with the deal: "The club is absolutely professional, the stadium is great, the atmosphere here really good.

"I know that from the encounters I had against VfL. The club has high goals and I hope I can do my part to meet these ambitions."
[/article]

Davide Di Gennaro - Lazio (free transfer)

[article]Former Cagliari midfielder Davide Di Gennaro confirms he has joined Lazio. “I’m very happy, proud and honoured to be here.”

Di Gennaro passed a medical with Lazio on Thursday, before travelling to their training camp in Auronzo di Cadore, where he met up with his new teammates for the first time.

“I’m very happy, proud and honoured to be here. I hope I can help [Lazio] have a good season,” he told LaLazioSiamoNoi.it.

“I worked hard to get here. I thank their President, sporting director and Coach for putting their faith in me and I hope I can repay them.

“I’m a versatile player, I’ve mainly played as a No 10, but I can also function as a midfield playmaker.

“It’ll be for the Coach to find the ideal XI, but I’ll be at his disposal.

“I left my house very early to get here, there’ll be time for my new teammates and I to get to know each other.

“Once I heard about Lazio’s interest, I didn’t listen to any other offers.

“It’s also for this reason that I didn’t renew with Cagliari because I was expecting a call from a top club, such as Lazio.

“Regardless of Europe, Lazio’s offer was a priority for me and I did everything to be here.”

The 29-year-old began his career at Milan, before going on to the likes of Reggina, Modena, Palermo and Cagliari.

However, he was dropped by the Sardinans for their final 11 games of last season once he made it clear that he would not sign a new contract with them.[/article]

Fabian Schar - Deportivo (reportedly €4 million)

[article]
Deportivo La Coruna have confirmed the signing of centre-back Fabian Schar from Hoffenheim.

The Switzerland international has joined on a four-year deal for a reported fee of €4million.

Schar is Depor's fifth signing of the transfer window, following the arrivals of Guilherme, Gerard Valentin, Federico Valverde and Zakaria Bakkali.

"Fabian Lukas Schar has this morning, pending medical tests, become a new player for Deportivo for the next four seasons," Depor confirmed via their official website.

"The Switzerland international plays as a central defender and comes from Hoffenheim of the Bundesliga."

Schar joined Hoffenheim from Basel in June 2015 and was a regular starter in his first season in Germany's top flight.

However, the 25-year-old made only seven appearances in all competitions under head coach Julian Nagelsmann in 2016-17.
[/article]

Kevin Stewart - Hull (reportedly £8 million inclusive of add ons)

[article]The Tigers have strengthened their squad with the arrival of Kevin Stewart from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

Stewart, who flew out to the Tigers’ training base in Portugal last night, has put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old made 20 appearances for Liverpool - 11 of which came in the Premier League - after arriving at Anfield from Tottenham in the summer of 2014
and also boasts further first team experience from loan spells at Crewe Alexandra, Cheltenham Town, Burton Albion and Swindon Town.

The central midfielder will be available for selection in tomorrow night’s pre-season friendly with Benfica at the Estadio Algarve.

Speaking after completing his move to the Tigers, Stewart said: “I’m delighted to sign for the club, I can’t wait to get started and get my boots on.

“It’s an exciting move for me and I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead.”[/article]

Alvaro Morata - Chelsea (reportedly £70 million inclusive of add ons)

[article]Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Alvaro Morata has completed his move from Real Madrid on a five-year-deal.

Morata will now join up with the squad on its pre-season tour of Asia.

A strong, quick and skilful forward adept at leading the line and bringing his team-mates into play, Morata’s movement on and off the ball make him a constant threat to opposition defenders, whether he is running at speed from deep or looking to strike in the 18-yard box.

His goals come in all forms - outstanding long-range efforts, poachers’ finishes, headers and one-on-ones. He is also comfortable on either foot.

Upon completing his transfer, Morata said: ‘I am so happy to be here. It’s an incredible emotion to be part of this big club. I am looking to work hard, score as many goals as I can and to win as many trophies as possible.’

Technical director Michael Emenalo added: ‘We are delighted to complete Alvaro’s signing and welcome him to the club. We believe he can make a great impact for Chelsea and look forward to seeing him in action.

‘Alvaro has proven class at the highest level and his quality will be a huge asset to Antonio and the squad.’

A regular for Spain, the 24-year-old has scored nine goals in 20 appearances - including three at last year’s European Championships.

Morata made his debut for Real Madrid shortly after his 18th birthday having impressed for their youth teams and began to feature regularly during the 2012/13 campaign. He provided a fine assist for Karim Benzema in an El Clasico victory that season, as well as scoring his first goal for the club - a winner at Levante.

In the next campaign, Morata scored eight league goals, averaging one every 70 minutes under the stewardship of former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti. He also opened his Champions League account that year as Real won the trophy for the 10th time. In the final, Morata was introduced with his side a goal down; they ended up beating their great city rivals Atletico 4-1.

Juventus moved to sign the striker in the summer of 2014 and he was a regular as they continued their dominance of Italian football, comfortably winning Serie A in 2015 and 2016, with Morata prominent. He also helped them reach the Champions League final in his first season in Turin, but this time the Spaniard ended up on the losing side despite equalising from close range against Barcelona in Berlin.

Real exercised a buyback option last summer and he enjoyed the most profitable season of his career to date on his return to the Bernabeu, scoring 20 goals in all competitions and winning La Liga and the Champions League, when he came on as a late substitute against his former club.

Welcome to Chelsea, Alvaro! [/article]

Cristhian Stuani - Girona (reportedly £1.5 million)

[article]
Middlesbrough forward Cristhian Stuani has joined La Liga side Girona for an undisclosed fee.

The Uruguayan, 30, scored five goals in 28 games during 2016-17 as Boro were relegated from the Premier League.

Stuani joined the club in 2015 and went on to make 66 appearances, winning promotion to the top flight in 2016.

The former Espanyol player's departure follows the arrival of forwards Britt Assombalonga and Martin Braithwaite to the club during the summer.
[/article]

Daryl Murphy - Nottingham Forest (reportedly £2 million)

[article]
Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce that striker Daryl Murphy has joined the club on a three-year deal.

The Republic of Ireland international joins The Reds for an undisclosed fee from Newcastle United, where he scored five times in 14 appearances last season to help The Magpies to promotion to the Premier League.

A powerful target man with an eye for goal, Murphy, 34, made his name in English football with Sunderland after joining in 2005 from Irish side Waterford United.

He had loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich Town during his five years on Wearside and made more than 100 appearances before moving to Scotland with Celtic.

Two further loan spells at Ipswich followed before he joined The Tractor Boys permanently in 2013, hitting double figures in each of his three full seasons at Portman Road, including being the Championship's top scorer in 2014-15 with 27 goals.

Rafa Benitez took him to Newcastle at the start of last season to help their promotion push and he now teams up with Mark Warburton's side ahead of the 2017-18 campaign.[/article]

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - FC Basel (loan)

Marko Arnautovic - West Ham (reportedly £24.5 million)

[article]
West Ham United are delighted to announce the Club-record signing of Austria attacker Marko Arnautovic.

The talented Arnautovic joins the Hammers from Stoke City, adding proven Premier League and international quality to Slaven Bilic’s forward line.

The 28-year-old, who arrives from Stoke City on a five-year contract, becomes West Ham’s third signing of the summer, following England goalkeeper Joe Hart and Argentina full-back Pablo Zabaleta.

“It feels special to me to be a West Ham player,” said Arnautovic, who has 62 caps for his country.

“Everyone knows that West Ham is a big Club, with big history and I’m happy to be a part of it now. I can’t wait to get started.

“I played against West Ham at the old stadium – I didn’t play last year at the new stadium because I was suspended – but I came to the game and I can only say it is a massive Club with a lot of fans.

“They are crazy for football and this is what I like. The Club is still growing, getting better and better and that’s why I’m here.”

Joint-Chairman David Sulllivan added: “We’re delighted to have completed Marko’s transfer from Stoke City.

“Alongside Pablo Zabaleta and Joe Hart we have brought in three players with vast Premier League experience this summer, and that was one of our key targets as we look ahead to the new season.

“Marko will bring plenty of quality to our front line and I’m excited to see him in a claret and blue shirt.”

An exciting player capable of opening up the tightest of defences, Arnautovic has caught the eye, created and taken chances wherever he has played.

After breaking through as a free-scoring teenager at Dutch club FC Twente, the versatile forward spent a season on loan under Jose Mourinho at Italian giants Internazionale before joining German side Werder Bremen in June 2010.

The Austrian produced the goods regularly in the Bundesliga, scoring 16 goals and assisting 13 more in just 84 appearances over three seasons, including a first senior hat-trick at Hoffenheim in December 2012.

The following year, Stoke City brought him to the Premier League, where his career continued to flourish under Mark Hughes. In four seasons in the Potteries, Arnautovic helped Stoke to three ninth-place finishes, with the Vienna-born forward scoring 26 times and registering 32 assists in 146 games.

Arnautovic is also one of Austria’s biggest sports stars and has been a regular for his national team for the past six years. He started all ten qualifiers and three finals matches at UEFA Euro 2016 and has scored three times in Austria’s opening six 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Everyone at West Ham United would like to wish Marko the best of luck as he embarks on a new adventure in Claret and Blue at London Stadium.
[/article]

Aleksandar Kolarov - Roma (£4.5 million)

[article]
The club is pleased to confirm the signing of defender Aleksandar Kolarov from English side Manchester City.

Kolarov joins the Giallorossi on a permanent transfer for a fee of €5 million.

The 31-year-old has signed a three-year contract that runs until 30 June 2020.

“I am extremely happy to be here,” Kolarov said. “I will give 100 per cent and more for Roma.

“My objective is always the same: to win.”

Kolarov, who has over 60 caps at international level for Serbia, has spent the last seven seasons with Manchester City – winning the Premier League twice during that period, in 2012 and 2014.

He also won the FA Cup once (in 2011) and League Cup twice (in 2014 and 2016), going on to make almost 250 appearances for the club in all competitions.

“Aleksandar is a player with vast experience who can immediately contribute to the team,” the club’s sporting director, Monchi, said. “I believe he will help us develop, on and off the pitch.

“I want to thank him for the enthusiasm and willingness he has shown in wanting to come to Roma.”

An attack-minded left-back, during his time at Manchester City Kolarov also occasionally operated as a centre-back and left midfielder. A powerful and athletic presence, he is also known for his threat from set-pieces.

Kolarov began his career in the youth academy at Red Star Belgrade, but made his professional breakthrough across the capital for Cukaricki. After two seasons at Cukaricki he moved to OFK Beograd, before moving to Serie A in the summer of 2007.

At international level, Kolarov was a member of Serbia’s Under-21 side that reached the final of the European Championships in 2007. He made his debut for the senior side in 2008, going on to represent his country at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Kolarov has already joined up with his new teammates at the club’s pre-season training camp in Boston.
[/article]

Darren Randolph - Middlesbrough (£5 million)

[article]
Boro have sealed the signing of Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper Darren Randolph.

The 30-year-old arrives from West Ham United in a £5m transfer, and signs a four-year contract.

Randolph was at Rockliffe Park early on Saturday morning to complete a medical and agree personal terms.

“I’m delighted to get it all signed and completed,” Randolph said.

“Arriving here and see the facilities, it’s definitely a Premier League club. I want to come here and get the club back to where it belongs and be part of something special.”

Bray-born Randolph made his professional debut with Charlton Athletic in 2007, before spells with Motherwell and Birmingham City.

He joined the Hammers in 2015, where he made 42 appearances, and finished the 2016/17 season as Slaven Bilic’s number one between the posts.

The goalkeeper becomes Garry Monk’s sixth signing as Boro boss, following the transfers of Jonny Howson, Cyrus Christie, Martin Braithwaite and Britt Assombalonga, as well as the arrival of Connor Roberts on loan.[/article]

Danilo - Man City (£26.5 million)

[article]
City are delighted to announce signing of Danilo from Real Madrid.

The 26-year-old has signed a five-year deal and has now join his new teammates on the Club’s pre-season tour of America.

“I am very, very happy to be joining Manchester City,” Danilo told mancity.com after agreeing personal terms and passing his medical.

“There has been strong interest from other Clubs, but it has always been my ambition to play for Pep Guardiola. As soon as I heard of his interest, I knew immediately I wanted to be a City player.

“I can’t wait to get started and I’m looking forward to getting to know my new teammates over the coming weeks.”

City’s Director of Football, Txiki Begiristain, says he is delighted to have landed the Brazilian. “Danilo is a fine player who offers great versatility to our squad,” he said. “He can operate in several different roles in both defence and midfield, increasing Pep’s options ahead of the new season.

“We feel he has all the attributes needed to succeed at City and we look forward to helping him develop during his time here.”

Danilo, whose move is subject to receiving his work permit, began his senior career at America Mineiro where he played a key role in their promotion from Serie C, before signing for Santos in 2010 where he spent two successful seasons.

Alongside Neymar and Alex Sandro, he was a revelation, and in 2011 he helped them win the Brazilian title and the Copa Libertadores, playing 37 matches in all competitions.

He played in both legs of the Copa Libertadores final - the first in central-midfield and the second at right-back - and scored the winning goal in the 2-1 win over Penarol that saw them lift the most coveted trophy in South American football.

After playing in the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup, he moved to Europe, signing for Porto, and within two years had won back-to-back Primeira Liga titles, with his energy and industry from full-back making him one of the most sought-after players in the Portuguese top flight.

He soon began attracting the attention of Europe’s biggest Clubs, and in the summer of 2015 he moved to Real Madrid for €31.5 million, signing a six-year deal.

In total, he played 55 times for Los Blancos, winning one La Liga title, two Champions Leagues, a UEFA Super Cup and a FIFA Club World Cup.

His squad number at City is yet to be confirmed but will be announced in due course.

Everyone at City is delighted to welcome Danilo to the Club and look out for his first CityTV interview, coming soon.
[/article]

Benjamin Mendy - Man City (£52 million)

[article]Manchester City are delighted to announce the signing of Benjamin Mendy from Monaco.

The 23-year-old France international has signed a five-year deal with the Club and will wear the number 22 shirt.

He will now join up with his new teammates in the USA where Pep Guardiola and his squad are preparing for their second pre-season tour game against Real Madrid in LA.

“I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester City,” Mendy said. “They are one of Europe’s leading Clubs and in Pep Guardiola they have a manager committed to playing attacking football.

“I am sure that over the next few years we will be successful.”

City’s Director of Football, Txiki Begiristain, said: “Benjamin has all the qualities we are looking for in a full-back. For such a young player, he has a wealth of top-level experience.

“He is undoubtedly one of the world’s best full-backs, our number one target in this position. We are all delighted to have him here at Manchester City.

“I’m sure he will prove a fantastic addition to the squad.”

Mendy began his career with Le Havre, where he played more than 50 league games, before joining Marseille in 2013.

He impressed at the Stade Velodrome, making 101 appearances in three seasons and establishing a reputation as one of the best full-backs in the French top flight.

Last summer, he joined Monaco on a five-year deal and his arrival saw a significant improvement in results for Leonardo Jardim’s side.

Mendy’s energy down the left was key to Monaco’s attacking style as they won the Ligue 1 title and made it to the semi-finals of both the Champions League and the Coupe de France, scoring 159 goals in all competitions.

Their European run saw them take some notable scalps, beating Tottenham twice in the group stage, before knocking City and Borussia Dortmund out in the knock-out phase.

Mendy’s performances were recognised in the end-of-season awards in France, with the left-back named in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year, and he was widely regarded as being one of the best attacking full-backs in the Champions League.

He made his senior international debut in March and already has four caps.

Everyone at Manchester City is pleased to welcome Benjamin to the Club.[/article]

Pablo Fornals - Villarreal (€12 million)

[article]Villarreal CF and Pablo Fornals have come to an agreement for the native of Castellón to play for the Yellow Submarine for the next five seasons. Fornals returns to the club that he represented for five years as part of the Yellows Academy (#CanteraGroguet) from the 2003/04 season through to the 2007/08 campaign. The official presentation of Pablo Fornals as a new Villarreal CF player will be celebrated this Tuesday 25th July at 8:15pm CEST.

Pablo Fornals Malla (Castellón, 22/02/1996) started his football career at ACD Benicense in Benicàssim and then moved to Villarreal CF to play for the U8. He stayed at the Yellows Academy for five seasons and subsequently went on to play for CD Castellón for four campaigns. From there he moved to Málaga CF to play for their U19 team, where he moved up the ranks and soon went on to represent the white-and-blues first team, making his debut at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium against Real Madrid CF on 26th September 2015.

Since then, Fornals has played 59 matches in the First Division and 4 in the Copa del Rey and has scored a total of 10 goals in two seasons. His performance has led him to represent both the U21 and Senior Spain national teams, with one cap for each.[/article]

Jairo Riedewald - Crystal Palace (reportedly £7.8 million)

[article]
Crystal Palace have captured the signing of Jairo Riedewald from Ajax, on a five year contract for an undisclosed fee.

The twenty year old Dutch defender is reunited with Frank de Boer who gave him his first-team debut in 2013 having progressed through the Amsterdam club’s academy when it was headed by the new Palace boss.

He played 93 times for Ajax, scoring three goals, and leaves with one Eredivise title to his name from the 2013-14 season.

Riedewald had the best pass success rate (92.4%) in the Eredivisie last season, and featured for Ajax in their Europa League final defeat to Manchester United back in May.

Capable of playing at centre-half, left-back or as a defensive midfielder, Riedewald has won three international caps for Holland, having previously represented his country at various age group levels.

Speaking about his move, Riedewald said “I am very pleased to be joining Crystal Palace and after speaking with the gaffer a couple of weeks ago I was delighted to have the opportunity to come over and play in the Premier League.

“The Premier League is a great competition to be involved in and it is a great opportunity to be working under Frank de Boer once again having been with him at Ajax.

“I look forward to meeting my new team mates and then getting the chance to be out on the training ground and getting ready for the new season.”

Frank de Boer spoke of his delight at the signing, "Jairo Riedewald is a player I know well through my time at Ajax and I'm glad that he's now coming to join us at Crystal Palace.

"He will be an excellent addition to our squad, Jairo is a young player but already has a lot of experience. I know he is looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

[/article]

Last edited:
Antonio Cassano - Verona (free transfer)

[article]Verona have officially confirmed the signing of former Real Madrid and Milan forward Antonio Cassano.

The Italian international took his medical with the Butei earlier today, having been out of football for over 12 months as he was frozen out by Sampdoria.

“Hellas Verona announces that it has completed the signing of the footballer Antonio Cassano,” a statement on the club’s official website confirmed.

“The forward, after taking his medicals this afternoon, has left for Primiero to join the Gialloblu’s pre-season training camp.”[/article]

[article]
Verona President Maurizio Setti admits he’s “astonished” by Antonio Cassano’s actions since signing.

The Italian international joined the Butei earlier this month, but just eight days into his contract he decided that he’d retire.

A Press conference was called to announce the decision, but FantAntonio changed his mind and declared that he would keep playing.

Today it was announced that the forward would leave Verona but keep playing, possibly for Genoa.

However, Cassano then changed his mind once again and said he would “not play football anymore”.

“I remain and will remain astonished by what I’ve learned about Cassano’s apparent lack of motivation,” Setti told the Gialloblu’s official website.

“While pointing out that the player is still contract to the Gialloblu, I’d also like to say that the Verona group comes before the individual and before any player.

“Verona is a historic and passionate club, worthy of consideration and respect. As far as we’re concerned, we’ll keep working to make this team capable of fighting for our objective.”[/article]

[article]
Former Italy attacker Antonio Cassano has announced his retirement from professional football a second time in the space of a week.

On a whirlwind day that saw reports of Cassano’s retirement followed up by Verona confirming his exit and an admission that he would be leaving but still play football, the 35-year-old has now claimed he will be hanging up his boots once and for all.

“Contrary to what appeared on my wife’s official profiles on social media, I would like to clarify the following,” began a second announcement he had penned on the Twitter account belonging to his wife, Carolina Marcialis.

“Carolina was wrong. After thinking and reflecting, in the end I decided: Antonio Cassano will not play football anymore.

“I apologise to the city of Verona, all the fans, President Maurizio Setti, sporting director Filippo Fusco and the Coach, plus the medical and technical staff.

“At the moment, my priority is to be with my children and wife.”

The ex-Roma and Sampdoria forward had only joined Verona on July 10 yet stated he would retire six days later, before going back on his word.
[/article]

Federico Bernardeschi - Juventus (€40 million with a 10% future sale (max price €5 million)

[article]
Juventus Football Club is delighted to announce the transfer of Federico Bernardeschi from Fiorentina, the forward signing a five-year deal until 30 June 2022.

In moving for Bernardeschi, Juventus have secured the services of one of Italy’s, and indeed Europe’s, most promising attacking talents.

Just as comfortable playing off a central striker as darting in from the right wing, the 23-year-old arrives at Allianz Stadium with a reputation as both a consistent creator and scorer of spectacular goals, as demonstrated in a breakthrough past two seasons in Florence.

The Italy international concluded the 2016/17 Serie A campaign with 11 league strikes, becoming the youngest player in the country’s top flight to rack up a double-figure goal tally.

Possessing a blistering change of pace, quick feet and a magic wand of a left foot, Bernardeschi is one of those players that will make Juventus fans rise from their seats when he collects the ball in the final third.

A prolific scorer in Fiorentina’s youth sides, the forward got a first taste of the professional game with Crotone where he would have a hand in 17 goals in 39 matches in the Calabrians’ run to the Serie B play-offs in 2013/14.

Collecting national U20 and U21 caps along the way, Bernardeschi was soon back in Florence the next season competing for a first-team place.

Quick off the back of his Serie A debut against Genoa on 14 September 2014, he would make his mark in the Europa League, scoring against both Guingamp and Dinamo Minsk.

Injuries briefly curtailed the youngster’s promising start to life at the Stadio Artemio Franchi but the arrival of the 2015/16 season represented a breakthrough in his development, as he cemented a regular spot in Paulo Sousa’s side while catching the eye of national senior coach Antonio Conte.

Four goals in seven European matches added gloss to a campaign which saw the wideman turn out 33 times for the Viola, 25 of which in the starting XI, concluding the year with a 70-minute cameo at the European Championships in France.

Momentum continued to build and how: a standout 2016/17 season saw the Italian break the 10-goal barrier for Fiorentina. Some of these strikes – such as his left-footed rockets at Cagliari and Borussia Monchengladbach – were of supreme technical quality.

Only lone striker Nikola Kalinic (41) registered more shots on target than Bernardeschi (28) among his Viola colleagues last season, while his tally of four long-range goals was bettered only by Torino’s Adem Ljajic (six) across the entire league.

A new era is about to begin in Turin and Federico Bernardeschi is set to be a key part of it.

Benvenuto, Federico!
[/article]

Javier Hernandez - West Ham (£16 million)

[article]
West Ham United are delighted to confirm the signing of Mexican striker Javier Hernandez from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee of £16million.

The 29-year-old former Manchester United and Real Madrid star put pen to paper on a three-year deal on Monday afternoon, and will fly out to Germany in the coming days to meet up with Slaven Bilic and his new team-mates at their pre-season training camp.

Hernandez, who became Mexico’s all-time leading goalscorer earlier this year, is more commonly known to fans as ‘Chicharito’ – the name he will sport on the back of his 2017/18 West Ham United shirt – and admits he can’t wait to get started at London Stadium.

“I am very happy to join West Ham United,” he said. “For me, the Premier League is the best league in the world and when the opportunity came, I was desperate to sign for this club.

“It was not a difficult decision. West Ham is an historic club, and very ambitious – this summer you can see with the players signed that they are looking to have a very good season.

“I’ve had three fantastic years playing in Spain and Germany, but England was really the first big chapter in my career and I am so happy to be back.

“I am desperate for the season to start and to help the team achieve all their objectives.”

Joint-Chairman David Sullivan added: “We are delighted to welcome Javier as the latest fantastic addition to the West Ham United squad.

“Following the arrivals of Pablo Zabaleta, Joe Hart and Marko Arnautovic, he is another top class professional who brings great experience and quality to the Club.

“He has a proven goalscoring record in the Premier League, La Liga and the Bundesliga, as well in the UEFA Champions League and at international level with Mexico.

“We now have some fantastic options in attacking positions and, like all West Ham fans, I am looking forward to seeing Javier score goals in a claret and blue shirt next season.”

Born in Guadalajara, on June 1, 1988, Hernandez began his professional career with his hometown club Chivas in 2006, before becoming the first Mexican player to join Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson snapped up his services in July 2010.

After becoming the first United player since Ruud Van Nistelrooy in 2001-02 to score 20 goals in his debut season, Hernandez went on to score a total of 59 goals for the Red Devils, winning two Premier League titles.

In September 2014, he headed to Real Madrid on a season-long loan spell and scored nine goals in 33 appearances for the Galacticos, including the winner in a Champions League quarter-final Madrid derby against Atletico.

After returning to Old Trafford at the end of the 2014-15 season, he then completed a permanent move to Bayer Leverkusen in August 2015, and went on to score 39 goals in just 76 games during his two years in Germany.

In February this year, he became the Mexican player with the most appearances in the Champions League with 47, further helping to cement his legendary status in his homeland.

After winning his first cap for Mexico against Colombia in September 2009, Hernandez went on to establish himself as a key member of the national team, scoring in both the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.

In 2011, he led Mexico to glory in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, finishing top scorer and most valuable player of the tournament, and in May this year he became the nation’s all-time top goalscorer with 47 goals when he netted against Croatia in a friendly. Last month he scored his 48th goal against Jose Fonte’s Portugal in the Confederations Cup.

His nickname ‘Chicharito’, which translates into ‘Little Pea’, originates from his father, Javier Hernandez Gutierrez, a professional footballer himself, who was known as ‘Chicharo’ (Pea) because of his green eyes.
[/article]

16 mill for a 29 year old Javier Hernandez.

Something tells me Leverkusen have gotten the better deal.

Diogo Jota - Wolves
Diogo Jota - Wolves (loan)

[article]Wolves are delighted to announce the signing of exciting Portuguese talent Diogo Jota on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old Portuguese attacking midfielder has joined on loan from Atletico Madrid, where is a year into a five-year contract.

Jota also spent last season out on loan, at Porto under Wolves’ Head Coach Nuno Espírito Santo, where he made 35 appearances and scored nine goals.

Jota started his career in Portugal with Pacos Ferreira, also in the Portuguese League, for whom he made 41 appearances, scoring 14 goals.

He became a regular at a young age for Pacos Ferreira, which included a goal and assist on his debut in a cup tie as a 17-year-old.

It was last summer that Jota, described as being able to operate on either wing or as an attacking number 10, then made the move to Atletico Madrid.

He has been capped by Portugal all the way up to Under-23 level, and figured in the Champions League for Porto last season.

“I am very excited,” the player said on arriving at Compton Park.

“Wolves is a huge club and an historic club.

“It is always a goal for me to play in England and this is a good opportunity for me.

“It is good for me to work with Nuno again because I know him and worked with him last year.

“I have also worked with some of the other players here as well.

“That will help me settle in here.

“It is always better when there are people that you know when you are moving to something different – a different country with a different language.

“Playing in the Championship will be very hard and very competitive with a lot of games.

“It will be a good experience for me.

“I will always do my best for the fans – I will do a lot of running for sure and hopefully will score goals and provide assists.”[/article]

Izzy Brown - Brighton (loan)

[article]
Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the loan signing of Izzy Brownbon a season-long agreement, and he is expected to feature in tonight's friendly at Southend United.

The 20-year-old forward spent last season on loan with Rotherham United and Huddersfield Town, helping the Terriers secure promotion to the Premier League alongside Albion, via the Play-Off Final.

Manager Chris Hughton said, "The natural progression for Izzy, having enjoyed such a successful season in the Championship last season, was to step up to the Premier League - and we are delighted he will be doing that with us, here at Brighton.

"He is a player with great potential and will bring a different dimension to our attacking options for the season ahead, alongside our existing strikers."

Brown began his career with West Bromwich Albion, where he made his Premier League debut after becoming the club's Academy Player of the Season in 2012/13, before a move to Chelsea in the summer of 2013.

He spent the 2015/16 season on loan at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem, before securing a temporary move to Rotherham last summer. After an impressive spell with the Millers, Huddersfield signed Brown at the end of the January transfer window, and he scored vital goals for the Terriers in their successful promotion bid.

In addition to winning a Premier League U21 league and FA Youth Cup double in 2013/14, Brown also helped Chelsea retain the FA Youth Cup in 2014/15 and win the UEFA Youth League in the same season. He has also played for England at every level from under-16 through to under-20.[/article]

Thiago Maia - Lille (reportedly €14 million)

This guy is great on Football Manager. :p

Last edited:
Jean-Kévin Augustin - RB Leipzig (reportedly €13 million)

Charlie Taylor - Burnley (compensation fee)

[article]Left-back Charlie Taylor has joined the Clarets on a four-year deal after reaching the end of his existing contract at Leeds United.

Having turned down the offer of a new deal at Elland Road, a fee to bring the 23-year-old defender to Turf Moor is yet to be determined.

Taylor started his career at Leeds, where he spent 14 years. A youth graduate, he was awarded a professional contract in the summer of 2011, signing an initial three-year deal.

His senior debut followed early in the 2011/12 season and the York-born defender made two Championship appearances for Leeds during a campaign which also saw him spend a month on loan at Bradford City.

Loan spells at York City and Inverness Caledonian Thistle followed during the 2012/13 season and Taylor was on the move again in 2013/14.

Signed for Fleetwood Town by former Burnley midfielder Graham Alexander in October, 2013, Taylor stayed for the remainder of the season and played a key role as the Cod Army were promoted via the League Two play-offs.

He was rewarded back at Leeds with a new three-year contract and the former England U19 international began to establish himself in the first team during a turbulent spell for the former Football League champions.

Despite several changes of management at Elland Road, Taylor clocked up the appearances - playing 52 consecutive Championship games before sustaining an injury in December, 2016 - and enhancing a reputation as one of the best young left-backs outside the Premier League.

After being crowned Player of the Year in the 2015/16 season, he was offered a new deal at Leeds but opted not to sign, paving the way for a move away from the club after they just missed out on the Championship play-offs under Garry Monk in 2017.

Taylor left Leeds after making 104 appearances for the club to make the jump to the Premier League and take on a new challenge with the Clarets as manager Sean Dyche’s first summer signing ahead of the 2017/18 campaign[/article]

[article]
Burnley and Leeds United have today reached an agreement over the fee involved in Charlie Taylor’s transfer to Turf Moor.

A tribunal had been set to finalise the compensation figure for the 23-year-old full back, who joined the Clarets earlier this month on a four-year deal after reaching the end of his existing contract at Elland Road.

However, the tribunal will not now be necessary after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed sum.
[/article]

Jordan Veretout - Fiorentina (£6.25 million plus add ons)

[article]Fiorentina have completed the signing of Jordan Veretout from Aston Villa.

Villa received a fee of £6.25 million plus add ons from the Italian Serie A club.

The midfielder has signed a four-year deal with the Florence outfit, finally bringing to an end a miserable two-year stay at Villa Park.

After a successful loan at St Etienne last year, where he scored five goals in 43 appearances, Fiorentina swooped before Les Verts could complete a permanent deal.

In Serie A, Veretout will reunite with Carlos Sanchez, with whom he played alongside in Villa’s doomed 2015-16 Premier League campaign - Sanchez completed a permanent move of his own earlier this summer.

Veretout, 24, leaves Villa having played just 29 times. He cost Tim Sherwood around £7m from Nantes two summers ago.

Fiorentina posted an eighth placed finish in Serie A last season.[/article]

Phil Bardsley - Burnley (£750k plus add ons up to £750k)

[article]Burnley Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Scotland international Phil Bardsley.

The vastly experienced defender joins the Clarets from Premier League rivals Stoke City for an undisclosed fee and has signed a two-year contract.

Bardsley, 32, becomes manager Sean Dyche’s fourth signing of the summer and second from Stoke following the recent arrival of striker Jon Walters.

And it means a return to Turf Moor for the former Manchester United and Sunderland right-back, who played six games during a month-long loan stay with the Clarets in the Championship in 2006.

“I’ve had different spells and different clubs since then and I’m delighted to be back,” Bardsley told Clarets Player HD.

“It’s a club that’s going in the right direction with a fantastic manager and a great group of players which I’m looking forward to being part of.

“It’s a well-knitted group which did fantastically well last year and hopefully I can bring something to the squad.

“There’s still fire in the belly to achieve things in football and what a great chance. Coming back here and playing again at Turf Moor is going to be a great challenge and one I’m looking forward to.

“All the fundamentals are here, with the new training ground, the manager looking to kick on with the club and the players he’s brought in are very good players.

“I played with Jonny Walters and the brief chat I had with him, he couldn’t speak highly enough of the place.

“I didn’t need much convincing but it’s always nice to get re-assurances from people like Jon.

“He says he’s loving it and the same as me, I just can’t wait to get going.”

Having started his career alongside Clarets’ captain Tom Heaton at Old Trafford, Bardsley made 18 first-team appearances for United before spending six-and-a-half seasons in the Premier League with Sunderland and a further three with Stoke, where he signed a new 12-month contract earlier this summer.

The Salford-born defender – who has made 330 club appearances to date and been capped 13 times by Scotland – went with Stoke on their pre-season training trip to Switzerland but did not join Mark Hughes’ squad on their recent tour to France as he neared the end of his stay at the Bet365 Stadium, where he twice helped the Potters to ninth-place finishes in the Premier League.[/article]

Zouhair Feddal - Betis (reportedly €3 million)

[article]Real Betis have completed the signing of central defender Zouhair Feddal from Alaves on a four-year contract, it has been confirmed.

The Moroccan, also a target for Southampton has become the club’s seventh signing of a busy transfer after they reportedly triggered his €3m release clause.

“Since I heard that Betis had interest in me, it was my first choice,” Feddal told the club’s official website.

“This is a very interest project ; I’ve spoken to (vice president, Lorenzo) Serra Ferrer and chairman Angel Haro. I haven’t had the chance to speak to Quique Setien, but everyone says he is a wonderful Coach.

“The project that has been explained to me is very interesting and that’s why my only idea was to come here.”

The former Parma and Palermo defender made 33 appearances across all competitions in his debut season, helping the club to a top half league finish and the Copa Del Rey final.

Capped 13 times by Morocco, Feddal is also known to be capable of playing left-back and as a holding midfielder.[/article]

Mason Mount - Vitesse (loan)

[article]Mason Mount has signed a contract until 2021 and joined Vitesse Arnhem on a season-long loan.

The Chelsea Academy Player of the Year for 2016/17 moves to the Eredivisie fresh from captaining our Under-18s to FA Youth Cup glory, his second success in the competition.

Mount also had a starring role for England at the European Under-19 Championships, providing the assists for both goals in the final win over Portugal earlier this month. The midfielder has also won the UEFA Youth League at Chelsea, the club he first trained with as a six-year-old.

Mount joins fellow Blues Charlie Colkett and Fankaty Dabo, as well as ex-Chelsea player Mukhtar Ali at Vitesse.
[/article]

Oliver Norwood - Fulham (loan)

[article]
The Club is delighted to announce the season-long loan signing of Oliver Norwood from Brighton & Hove Albion.

A central midfielder who can operate in both attacking and more defensive capacities, the 26-year-old played 37 times last season as the Seagulls secured automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Born in Burnley, he joined Manchester United at a young age and went on to progress through their academy.

During his time at Old Trafford he sampled first team football on loan at Carlisle United, Scunthorpe United and Coventry City, before joining Huddersfield Town on a permanent deal in the summer of 2012.

In his two seasons with the Terriers, Norwood made 80 appearances in the Sky Bet Championship, scoring eight times, before going on to join Reading.

While at the Madejski Stadium, he was a regular in the Royals’ midfield, starting 85 times in two years, prompting Brighton to bid for his services last summer.

An England youth international up to Under-17 level, Norwood was eligible to represent Northern Ireland and made his senior debut as a 19-year-old in 2010.

He is now closing in on a half century of caps for his country, and started every game as they reached the knock-out stages of the 2016 European Championship.

“I'm just delighted to be here,” Norwood told fulhamfctv. “Having played Fulham the last two seasons, the football they have played, it suits my style, it suits the way I like to play football.

“Once I knew of the interest I was desperate to get it done and I am very happy to be here.”
[/article]

Ondřej Mazuch - Hull (undisclosed fee)

[article]The Tigers have completed the signing of Czech Republic international defender Ondřej Mazuch for an undisclosed fee from Sparta Prague.

The 28-year-old initially joined up with the rest of Leonid Slutsky’s squad on trial during their pre-season training camp in Portugal, featuring in the 1-0 win over Benfica in the Algarve before also playing in Tuesday night’s goalless draw with FC Nantes.

Two impressive performances in those games have seen the centre-back rewarded with a permanent two-year deal.

Mazuch has previously played for Fiorentina, Anderlecht and Ukrainian side Dnipro, and has represented his country on four occasions.

Speaking after putting pen-to-paper on his deal at the Club’s University of Hull Training Ground earlier today, Mazuch said: “Of course I am very happy to sign the contract with Hull because it has always been my dream to play in England.

“I’m delighted the Club have given me this fantastic opportunity and I would like to thank everyone who has helped me to make this transfer. Now the deal has been finalised, I can’t wait for the new season to start.”[/article]

Ismaïla Sarr - Rennes (reportedly €17 million)

Oliver Norwood - Fulham (loan)

[article]
The Club is delighted to announce the season-long loan signing of Oliver Norwood from Brighton & Hove Albion.

[/article]

This guy is definitely positioning himself as a blag Oliver Giroud.

Pedro Chirivella - Willem II (loan)

[article]Pedro Chirivella has today completed a season-long loan move to Willem II, Liverpool FC can confirm.

The 20-year-old midfielder will spend the 2017-18 campaign with the Eredivisie club after sealing a temporary switch from the Reds.

Chirivella scored twice in 17 appearances in the Dutch top flight last season having joined Go Ahead Eagles on loan in January.[/article]

That hair and beard combo screams blag Giroud. He was probably christened Brian Norwood.

Lewis Grabban - Sunderland (loan)

[article]Sunderland have completed the signing of Lewis Grabban on a season-long loan.

The striker arrives from AFC Bournemouth where he scored 36 goals during two spells at the Vitality Stadium.

Simon Grayson’s fifth summer signing
has a wealth of Sky Bet Championship experience, while also representing the Cherries and Norwich City in the Premier League.

The 29-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Reading, scoring three goals in 15 appearances at the Madjeski Stadium.

And his performances helped the Royals reach the Sky Bet Championship play-off final – a match he started – as Jaap Stam’s side were beaten on penalties by Huddersfield Town.

Grabban started his career with his local side Crystal Palace, during which time he spent time on loan with Oldham Ahtletic and Motherwell.

Spells with Milwall, Brentford and Rotherham United followed before the striker moved to the Vitality Stadium and struck up a key partnership with Brett Pittman as the Cherries were promoted.

And he equally as important the following campaign, with 22 league goals helping Eddie Howe’s side to a top-half finish.

In June 2014 he signed for Norwich and immediately endeared himself to the Carrow Road faithful with the winner against bitter rivals Ipswich Town, as his goals once again contributed to promotion.

18 months ago the striker returned to Bournemouth before joining Reading on loan earlier this year.[/article]

Jason Steele - Sunderland (reportedly £500k)

[article]Goalkeeper Jason Steele has put pen to paper on a four-year deal to become Sunderland's sixth summer signing.

The 26-year-old joins from Blackburn Rovers after making over 100 appearances at Ewood Park during a three-year spell.

Speaking about his new club, Jason said: “I’m absolutely over the moon. It’s a dream come true to sign for such a massive club. My family are pretty much split between the three north east clubs, so I spent my childhood watching them all and I remember coming to the Stadium of Light with my uncle and cousin.

"I’ve got a lot of experience and played a lot of games – most of which are in the same league – and that’s probably one of the reasons why the gaffer has signed me. Hopefully I can help the team and I’m sure we’ll have a good season. I want just want to work hard, try my best and help the team push on.”

The stopper started his career in the north east with Middlesbrough, progressing through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut in a 2-1 League Cup win over Chesterfield. At the age of just 20 he became Boro’s number one and in 2013 he was named the North East Sports Writers’ Young Player of the Year.

His performances yielded further individual honours during his time at the Riverside, as he was named as the club’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for the 2012-13 campaign.

Steele has also featured on the international stage, turning out for England at under-16, 17, 19 and 21 level, while also representing Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics.[/article]

Tendayi Darikwa - Nottingham Forest (undisclosed fee)

[article]Nottingham Forest are delighted to announce the signing of Tendayi Darikwa on a four-year deal.

The 25-year-old, who can play anywhere along the right-hand side, joins The Reds from Premier League side Burnley for an undisclosed fee.

Nottingham-born Darikwa started his career at Chesterfield, becoming a regular in the first team in 2012-13.

His form at the Proact Stadium in 2014-15, which ended with him picking up the Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year awards, earned him a move to Burnley.

He made 21 league appearances, scoring once, in his time at Turf Moor but now returns home to take his place in Mark Warburton’s squad for the upcoming Sky Bet Championship season.[/article]

Stefan Aigner - Colorado Rapid (free transfer)

[article]The Colorado Rapids have completed the signing of German midfielder Stefan Aigner pending the finalization of a medical, a league source has told ESPN FC.
The source indicated that Aigner has signed a three-and-a-half year deal.

The addition of Aigner, 29, is contingent on receipt of his ITC and a P-1 visa.

Aigner arrives in Colorado after spending the 2016-17 season in the 2. Bundesliga with 1860 Munich, scoring four goals in 28 league and cup appearances. He became available due to the turmoil that engulfed Munich at the end of last season when the Lions were relegated from Germany's second tier, and then sustained a further relegation to the Regionalliga Bayern in Germany's fourth tier when it failed to pay the necessary fees.

Aigner also played for 1860 Munich for parts of four seasons from 2009 to 2012, making 99 league and cup appearances, and scoring 25 goals. In between those stints, Aigner played in the Bundesliga for Eintracht Frankfurt for four seasons, amassing 136 league, cup, and playoff appearances while scoring 28 goals.

Aigner began his professional career in 2006 in the 2. Bundesliga with SV Wacker Burghausen. He then moved to Bundesliga side Arminia Bielefeld in 2007, where he spent parts of two seasons, playing mostly in Bielefeld's reserve team.[/article]

Tomas Kalas - Fulham (loan)

[article]The Club is delighted to announce that Tomas Kalas has returned on a season-long loan from Chelsea for the 2017/18 campaign.

Kalas played a crucial role at the heart of defence to help Fulham reach the Sky Bet Championship Semi-Finals last season.

The Czech Republic international featured in 36 league games last season and scored for the Whites against Huddersfield Town in the 5-0 win at Craven Cottage in October.

At just 24-years-old he has played seven times for the Czech Republic and has been a regular member of their squad aiming to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Prior to joining Fulham on loan last season the centre-back played a key role in helping Middlesbrough reach the Play-Off Final in 2014/15, before winning promotion with them as runners-up in the 2015/16 season.

Kalas started out at his hometown club Sigma Olomouc before joining Chelsea in the summer of 2010.

Two seasons were then spent on loan at Vitesse Arnhem in Holland, during which time he was named the Czech Republic Young Player of the Year.

He made his debut for Chelsea in a 2-0 League Cup win over Arsenal in October 2013 and his Premier League debut and first start for Chelsea came at Anfield later that season, also in a 2-0 victory.

In the summer of 2014 the defender moved on loan to FC Cologne in Germany, but he departed for Middlesbrough midway through the campaign.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "It's a pleasure to welcome Tomas Kalas back to the Fulham Football Club.

"We appreciate Tomas so much after the way that he battled for us last season, demonstrating not only tremendous skill but also great heart and determination. We're very excited to have him here again as one of us as we prepare for our next battle, and what we hope will be a great season! COYW!"[/article]

Michael Hector - Hull (loan)

[article]The Tigers have signed Michael Hector on a season-long loan from Premier League Champions Chelsea.

The 25-year-old, who is primarily a centre-back but can operate anywhere across the backline, arrives at the KCOM Stadium with an abundance of experience having made almost 250 career appearances in all competitions.

Hector, who made the move to Stamford Bridge from Reading in September 2015, experienced continental European football for the first time last season during a productive loan spell at Eintracht Frankfurt, where he made 27 appearances for the Bundesliga side as they finished in a respectable 11th position and were only narrowly beaten by Borussia Dortmund in the DFB-Pokal final.

A Jamaican international, he has been capped 12 times by his country and was included in the Reggae Boyz’s 2015 Copa America squad.

Speaking after completing his temporary switch to the Tigers at the Club’s University of Hull Training Ground, Hector said: “When I found out that Hull were interested in taking me on loan, it was an easy decision to make.

“It’s a great challenge for me to come back to England after a season in Germany and try to help this Club get back into the Premier League.

“The players here seem like a great bunch and hopefully I can play my part in helping them - and the Club - enjoy a successful season in 2017/18.”[/article]

Maxi Rodríguez - Penarol (free transfer)

Emanuel Cecchini - Malaga (€4 million)

[article]The young, 20-year old Italian-Argentine arrives from CA Banfield in Argentina, and signs to Málaga Club de Fútbol until the 2021/22 season.

Emanuel Cecchini successfully passed the medical exam at Vithas Salud Rincón Medical Center Rosaleda. Born on 24th December 1996 in Ingeniero Huergo (Argentina), he has double nationality, Italian-Argentinean, meaning he does not occupy a non-EU place. He arrives from Club Atlético Banfield, where he developed as a player in the team’s youth ranks.

The new Blue and Whites’ midfielder was one of the revelation players of Argentina’s First Division in the 2016/17 campaign, performing an excellent role in his team finishing in fifth place in the overall standings.

The superb performances from Cecchini sparked interest from several European clubs, in a footballer who reinforces his team’s midfield.

Welcome, Emanuel!
[/article]

Mikel Merino - Newcastle (loan)

[article]Newcastle United can confirm the signing of Spanish under-21 international Mikel Merino on a season-long loan deal from Borussia Dortmund.

After the arrivals of Jacob Murphy and Javier Manquillo last week, midfielder Merino becomes the fifth player to join the Magpies this summer.

Born in Pamplona, he made more than 60 appearances for hometown club Osasuna before moving to Dortmund at the end of the 2015/16 campaign.

He featured nine times for die Schwarzgelben last term, and also figured for Spain at June’s European Under-21 Championship in Poland, where Albert Celades’ side were runners-up.

Merino – who turned 21 during the tournament – said: "It feels good and I'm very happy to be here, to be part of this club. I'm looking forward to touching the ball, meeting my new team-mates and starting to play football.

"I know it's a great club and a really nice city. I had different options but I think this is the right place for me to play."

Manager Rafa Benítez added: "Mikel is a midfielder with talent, an under-21 international for Spain. He's a good size, has quality on the ball and he's very, very focused and professional. Hopefully he's the kind of player we can improve a lot - he certainly has the mentality to get better and better.

“He comes from a top side in Dortmund and although he did not play too much last season, he was signed as a young, talented player and to be signed by a club like that shows that he has something good. He has to show what he has, and hopefully he can enjoy playing here for a long time."[/article]

Jonathan Dos Santos - LA Galaxy ($5 million)

[article]The LA Galaxy have signed Mexican midfielder Jonathan dos Santos from Spain’s Villarreal CF as the team’s third Designated Player, the club announced today. Dos Santos, a regular starter for the Mexican National Team, joins the Galaxy after playing for Barcelona and Villarreal in Spain’s top-flight division, La Liga. He will occupy an International roster spot and officially join the Galaxy’s roster pending the receipt of his ITC and P-1 Visa.

The 27-year-old Dos Santos will begin training on Friday, July 28 at StubHub Center before being introduced to media as a member of the LA Galaxy during a press conference in the American Express Stadium Club at 1 p.m. PT. LA Galaxy Head Coach Sigi Schmid and LA Galaxy players will be available to media on the field immediately following training. He will not be available for selection when the team hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday, July 29 at 7 p.m. PT live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes.

“Jonathan is a quality player that we think instantly becomes a top midfielder in Major League Soccer,” said LA Galaxy General Manager Pete Vagenas. “His signing will significantly improve our team as we continue to push for the playoffs and, ultimately, a sixth MLS Cup. We believe Jonathan will be a leader during the second half of this season and for years to come. We look forward to him joining our squad.”

Dos Santos joins the Galaxy after most recently representing Mexico in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, where he was named to the tournament’s Best XI after starting in four games and helping his country reach the semifinals. The midfielder began his career with F.C. Barcelona in 2009 before joining Villarreal, where he has made nearly 90 league appearances and scored four goals since 2014.

“Jonathan is an excellent midfielder with a wide range of technical abilities,” said LA Galaxy Head Coach Sigi Schmid. “He can fit into our lineup at a number of different positions and improve our team in multiple ways. He still has his best years of playing in front of him and we are excited to add him to our team.”

Born in Mexico City, Mexico, Dos Santos joined Barcelona’s famed academy system, La Masia, where he developed before making his eventual debut with the first team as a 19-year-old on Oct. 28, 2009, during a match in Spain’s Copa del Rey. He remained with Barcelona through 2014, making 29 appearances in all competitions, including matches played in the UEFA Champions’ League, La Liga SuperCopa and the Copa del Rey.

In 2014, Dos Santos moved to Villarreal CF in La Liga, where he developed into one of Spain’s standout midfielders. During his time with the club, the Mexican international has made over 120 appearances in all competitions, while scoring seven times and adding eight assists.

Internationally, Dos Santos has made 29 appearances across all competitions as a member of the Mexican National Team, including matches in FIFA World Cup Qualifying and the FIFA Confederations Cup. The midfielder made his debut for his country in 2009 at the age of 19.

Dos Santos will join the LA Galaxy as the team’s third Designated Player, alongside Frenchman Romain Alessandrini and his brother, Giovani dos Santos.b
[/article]

Gary Megson - Assistant Head Coach

[article]TONY Pulis has announced the appointment of a new Assistant Head Coach – and it’s a big ‘welcome back’ to former Albion boss Gary Megson.

The man who led the Club to their first ever promotion to the Premier League steps into the vacancy left by Dave Kemp’s decision to retire.

Megson returns 17 years after an appointment which would see him first rescue the Club from relegation to the third tier and then inspire a dramatic revival which took Albion to the Premier League.

But it is his long standing relationship with Pulis which has brought about the reunion.

“I’ve known Gary from my early days at Bristol Rovers when his dad Don gave me my debut and Gary would turn up to train as a 17-year-old,” said Pulis.

“He’s been out of things for a while but that’s what attracted me in many ways – he’s fresh, he will hit the ground running and he’s a person I know I can bounce things off.”

In his last posting, Megson had guided his home club Sheffield Wednesday to third in League One and two points off automatic promotion before a surprising departure in March 2012.

He said: “I’m really pleased. I’ve known Tony a long time and although we’ve never lived in each other’s pockets we have similar views on how football should be played and how footballers should behave.

“I loved my time here although it’s a long time ago now. You obviously have the club you grow up supporting which you always consider to be your club. But this is as close to that relationship as possible – and I can’t pay it a higher compliment then that. It’s a terrific club with terrific support.”
[/article]

Matt Miazga - Vitesse (loan)

[article]Matt Miazga will spend a second season on loan in the Netherlands at Vitesse Arnhem, the club he helped win the Dutch Cup last season.

The American international, a member of their squad that lifted the Gold Cup this summer, signed for Chelsea in 2016 and made his debut for the Blues in a victory at Aston Villa.

Last season, the 22-year-old defender starred as Vitesse won their first-ever major trophy, and as a result of that success they will participate in the Europa League this term.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom