• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2017/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bertrand Traoré - Lyon (€10 million + 15% sell on clause)

Diego Llorente - Real Sociedad (reportedly €8 million)

Last edited:
Fankaty Dabo - Vitesse Arnhem (loan)

[article]
Fankaty Dabo has signed for Vitesse Arnhem on loan for the forthcoming campaign.

The 21-year-old, an FA Youth Cup and Under-21 Premier League winner, can play anywhere across the defence. He made 15 appearances for Swindon Town in the second half of last season, scoring once.

He will now further his progression in the Eredivisie.
[/article]

Julian Pollersbeck - Hamburg (reportedly £3.1 million)

[article]
HSV announced the signing of Julian Pollersbeck from Kaiserslautern this week. The 22 year old keeper who has yet to pass a medical at his new club has put pen to paper on a four year deal which keeps him at the Volksparkstadion until June 30th 2012. Last season he played 31 times for second division side Kaiserslautern, keeping 14 clean sheets in the process and only conceded 27 times. That form was instrumental in keeping the tradition-steeped former Bundesliga champions in the second division. Lautern had the second best defensive record in that division.

“Julian is a young and very talented keeper who underlined his potential with Kaiserslautern last season”, explained Rothosen sport boss Jens Todt who added: “We have watched him for a long time and are convinced of his qualities.” Pollersbeck will now be fighting for the spot between the HSV posts with current Rothosen stoppers Christian Mathenia and Tom Mickel under the watchful eye of club keeper coach Stefan Wächter.

Todt again: “Julian is ready to take his next step. He told us some time ago that he would like to join us. We are glad it has now happened and that we can go into next season with three class keepers.” The youngster is delighted. He said: “I thank everyone at Kaiserslautern for the past few years and wish them well for the coming season. I am looking forward to a new chapter with HSV in the top flight and hope we can achieve our goals.”

Pollersbeck joined Lautern from Wacker Burghausen in 2013 and became their number one stopper in 2016 playing in the third division. The crowning glory for him was getting nominated for the German under-21s who are currently playing the 2017 Euros in Poland. Germany take on England in the semi-finals on Tuesday (27.06.17, 6.00 PM). The next highlight promises to be in a HSV shirt.
[/article]

Haris Vučkić - Twente (free transfer)

[article]
Haris Vuckic will start life after Newcastle United in the Netherlands, with FC Twente having signed up the free agent.

The 24-year-old forward’s Magpies contract expires at the end of the month and he has agreed to move to Twente, where he spent a week’s trial in March.

Leeds United are reportedly close to signing Twente midfielder Mateusz Klich - and the Dutch side have lured Vuckic to the Arke Stadion as the Polish international’s replacement.

"It's nice that I have made this move to FC Twente," the Slovenia international told the Dutch club's official website.

"In March I was able to train for several days with the team and played a practice match. In those days everything felt good at this club and I am happy that I will play for FC Twente.

"For me, this transfer is also a new step in my career. I'm still young, but to have played at clubs like Newcastle United and Rangers allowed me to gain good experiences.

"I'm looking forward to showing what I can do in the new season. "

Slovenian international Vuckic passed his medical at Twente - ex-Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren’s former club - on Thursday and he has now signed a three-year contract with the Eredivisie side.

Heralded as a star of the future on his arrival at St James’ Park, Vuckic impressed in the youth ranks at the club but, after five loan spells in eight years on Tyneside, his Magpies career is about to come to an end.

The forward has never been able to hold down a first-team place, and has only made seven first-team appearances for the club.

Vuckic arrived from Domzale in 2009 with a big reputation, was sent out on loan five times during his Magpies’ career, most notably to Glasgow Rangers in 2015 when he scored eight goals in 15 games.

However, spells at the likes of Cardiff City, Rotherham United, Wigan Athletic and Bradford City were less successful, and he will now look to continue his career in the Netherlands.

Twente head coach Jan van Halst said of signing Vuckic: "Haris trained with us several times last season and played in a friendly match against KSC Lokeren.

"We got a good impression of him. Haris is an attacking-midfielder with a unique action, a good shot and scoring ability.

"We are pleased that we can add him to our squad."
[/article]

Halil Altintop - Slavia Praha (free transfer)

Danny - Slavia Praha (free transfer)

Ruslan Rotaň - Slavia Praha (free transfer)

Quite a coup for the Czech Liga champions

Jiri Pavlenka - Werder Bremen (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Werder Bremen and SK Slavia Prague have come to an agreement on the transfer of goalkeeper Jiri Pavlenka. Werder's sporting director made the announcement on Tuesday at midday. The Czech international is expected in Bremen later on this week to complete a medical and officially sign his contract.

"We're very pleased that we convinced Jiri to join Werder. We've followed his development intently over the last few years. He's done very well, made the step up to international football with the Czech Republic and performed consistently well for Slavia Prague last season," said Frank Baumann.

Head coach Alexander Nouri is also pleased with the new signing: "We're convinced that Jiri will add a tremendous amount to our team both on and off the pitch. He showed his quality last season, but also has enormous potential. I'm looking forward to helping him fulfil his potential."

The 25-year-old goalkeeper is excited about his new challenge: "The Bundesliga is one of the strongest leagues in the world and Werder is a big club. I've only heard good things about Werder and Bremen from Theo and Jaro. I'm looking forward to being part of this team in the future."

The Czech goalie, who stands at 1.96m tall, won the Czech first division with SK Slavia Prague last season. Pavlenka, who played at FK Banik Ostrau in his youth, made 103 appearances in total in the Czech top division and also played four times in the Europa League. He's won two caps for the Czech Republic.
[/article]

Germán Lux - River Plate (free transfer)

[article]
Experienced goalkeeper German Lux has left Deportivo La Coruna after a decade in Spain to rejoin River Plate, say reports in Spain.

Marca pick up on multiple reports in the Argentine press that the 35-year-old is undergoing a medical with the Argentine giants on Monday with an official announcement expected the following day, according to TyC Sports.

Lux spent six seasons at Depor and has been first-choice goalkeeper for the past two seasons, starting 25 La Liga fixtures last campaign.

The former Argentina international spent four years at Real Mallorca prior to his move to Galicia, where he played 114 times and completed 37 clean sheets.

The goalkeeper will join up with River ahead of their Copa Libertadores clash with Guarani of Paraguay.
[/article]

Madger Gomes - Leeds (free transfer)

[article]Leeds United are pleased to confirm the signing of Madger Gomes from Premier League outfit Liverpool.

The 20 year-old Spanish midfielder has penned a three year deal with United, following his release from Anfield.

Speaking about the move, Gomes said: “I’m really excited and happy to start life with Leeds United, I hope to have a good season here.

“Hopefully I will get a chance to progress and make the first team as my dream is to play professionally.”

Gomes will initially link up with the Whites Under-23s, with a view to training with the first team.[/article]

Eros Pisano - Bristol City (free transfer)

[article]City have agreed the signing of Italian defender Eros Pisano from July 1st.

The 30-year-old will join on a free transfer after his contract expires at Hellas Verona – where he won promotion from Serie B last season.

Pisano has agreed a two-year contract at Ashton Gate to become the club’s first signing of the summer.

Head coach Lee Johnson said: “Eros brings with him a winning mentality, having just won promotion with Verona. He's a tough cookie and that's what we’re after in that position; resilience and strength to go along with the good young players – Zak Vyner and Taylor Moore – already competing in that place.

“He’s strong physically, 6ft 1in tall and will add goals to us as well. It's great to have a big full back. His style is aggressive but he's also very athletic. He's competent on the ball, using it well and gets up and down the right side.”

Pisano has played his football exclusively in his home country, having come through the youth setup at Varese.

He made 180 appearances for Varese, with a brief loan spell at Pisa in between, before switching to Palermo in 2011 for €1.85m.

During a four-year stint Pisano helped the team win Serie B in 2014. He also spent time on loan at Genoa, before making a permanent move to Verona in February 2015.

Last season Verona bounced straight back to the top flight in Italian football after finishing runners-up in Serie B.

Pisano will now be looking forward to testing himself in English football.[/article]

Rick Karsdorp - AS Roma (reportedly €16 million + add ons)

Alexandru Maxim - Mainz (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Romania international Alexandru Maxim has joined Mainz from newly promoted Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart. The 26-year-old has signed a four year contract until June 2021. The clubs have not released any further details on the transfer.

Since January 2013, Maxim has made 131 appearances for Stuttgart, scoring 17 goals and getting 35 assists. He has been capped on 27 occasions by Romania.

Sporting director Rouven Schröder said, "Alexandru Maxim is a creative number 10 of high quality. The ball is his friend. He's effective in one-on-one situations and can create space with his dribbling. He also takes dangerous set-pieces. He also knows how out of tight areas and into goalscoring positions. He will enhance our squad and we're very pleased with his decision to join Mainz."

Alexandru Maxim said: "I got some very positive signals from Rouven Schröder and Sandro Schwarz when I met with them at the end of the season. Straight away I had a good feeling. For me personally, trust and a feeling of being needed play a huge role. That was exactly the impression I got here in Mainz. In addition, the way that new coach wants to play football here suits me as an attacking player. I've watched a lot of Mainz games over the last few years and am looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere in the OPEL ARENA for myself. I'll go into training with a lot of enthusiasm and am confident that we can have a better season than was the case last year. I'm looking forward to pulling on the Mainz 05 shirt and am convinced that I've made the best possible decision."
[/article]

Bruno Fernandes - Sporting Lisbon (€8.5 millon plus add ons up to €500k)

Portugal U21 captain Bruno Fernandes has joined Sporting in a €8,5m deal from Sampdoria. 5-year contract and €100m release clause.

Famara Diédhiou - Bristol City (£5.3 million)

[article]City have secured the signing of Angers SCO and Senegal striker Famara Diédhiou for a club record fee of £5.3m.

The club has eclipsed its previous transfer record of £3.25m, ironically spent on Jonathan Kodjia from the same French Ligue 1 club in 2015.

Diédhiou, 24, has penned a four-year contract at Ashton Gate after City beat off competition from other clubs for his signature.

Head coach Lee Johnson said: “I’m absolutely delighted. I think he’s going to be a huge player for us.

“He fits the bill for us because he’ll complement all of our strikers perfectly. He’s powerful, he’s quick and I think he’s got the potential to get even bigger and stronger physically.

“The beauty is that now is his time to shine. He’s a goalscorer in that he gets into good areas and can score different types of goals – volleys, headers and he’s got an attitude to shoot, which is what we’re after.

“I think we can work with him and improve him, which is exciting for me because he’s a raw talent who can go as far as he wants in football.”

He added: “Obviously it’s our record signing, which is amazing. Thank you to Steve, the Board and everybody involved in making the decisions, particularly how well Mark (Ashton) has done in this process because it’s never easy to bring in a player when the competition is so high.”

City’s chief executive officer Mark Ashton said: “It’s big business and hopefully he’ll be a big player for this football club.

“The transfer smashes our previous record and I think it’s a sign of intent that the club wants to move forward. I’d like to thank Angers for their professionalism and cooperation throughout this deal.

“From our end, it’s not just me and it’s not just Lee. There’s a group of people in regards to recruitment; analysis, PR, media and contractual who have all worked behind the scenes on this for about a month now to try to get this deal done.

“I’m delighted for everyone who has put such a shift in to doing this, but I also can’t say thank you enough to the Lansdown family for supporting the football club when we’ve asked. That needs to be recognised because this is a big transfer. I’m hoping he’ll reward that with goals.

“Following the signing of Eros Pisano, who I think will be a really good signing for us at right-back, I’m hoping Diédhiou will give us another real boost.”

Diédhiou has risen through the leagues in France after starting out at ASM Belfort and then Epinal.

He has scored goals wherever he has played, notably netting 22 times in 37 appearances during a loan spell at Clermont in 2015/16 to land the Ligue 2 golden boot and Player of the Year awards, which prompted Angers to pay £1.36m for his services.

Diédhiou’s first season in Ligue 1 saw him score nine times in 36 appearances, with Angers reaching the Coupe de France final for the second time in their history.

The last player to make the switch from Angers to City was Kodjia two years ago. He went on to score 20 times in 48 appearances, with Aston Villa paying a Championship record fee of £15m to sign him 12 months later.

Diédhiou, who has scored once in six appearances for his country, will now be looking to write his own story in BS3.[/article]

Bafétimbi Gomis - Galatasaray (reportedly £2.5 million)

Younes Belhanda - Galatasaray (reportedly €8 million)

Jhon Cordoba - Cologne (£14.2 million)

[article]1. FC Köln have signed Jhon Cordoba. The forward arrives from 1. FSV Mainz 05 and has received a contract until June 30, 2021. The 24-year-old Colombian played in 51 Bundesliga matches for Mainz over two seasons. He also featured in six matches in the UEFA Europa League. Prior stations for him include Espanyol Barcelona and FC Granada in the Spanish La Liga. Cordoba also played eleven times for the Colombian U20 team.

“Jhon Cordoba is a center forward with speed, physicality, and a direct line to goal. He has a lot of experience for his age, but we still see him as a player with plenty of potential, said FC general manager Jörg Schmadtke.

Jhon Cordoba states: “1. FC Köln is the right step for me following two great years in Mainz. The representatives of FC were very active in their pursuit of me and I wanted to take the opportunity to play for one of Germany’s great traditional clubs both in the league and in the Europa League. I was already able to experience the wonderful atmosphere of the RheinEnergieSTADION on the 34th Matchday. I am looking forward to lining up there in the home kit.”

Cordoba will receive the number 15 at 1. FC Köln. He will begin training alongside his teammates on Monday.[/article]

Viktor Fischer - Mainz (undisclosed fee)

[article]Mainz have acquired the services of Viktor Fischer. The Denmark international has join the Rhineland club from English club Middlesbrough FC. The 23-year-old attacker has signed a four year contract keeping him at Mainz until June 2021. No further details about the transfer have been released by either club.

Fischer appeared 16 times for Middlesbrough last season as they were relegated from the English Premier League. Between 2012 and 2016, he played 79 times for Ajax (24 goals and 13 assists). He's also been capped 15 times by Denmark.

Sporting director Rouven Schröder said: "Viktor Fischer is a very exciting player with a lot of potential. He has good technique, is tricky and also clinical. He will improve our team with his quality and also add variety to our squad. We're pleased that he's decided to join Mainz."

Viktor Fischer said: "Sporting director Rouven Schröder and head coach Sandro Schwarz absolutely convinced me about the path Mainz is on. Mainz 05 is the right club for me to be able to really enjoy my football again. Mainz is a nice town and we have a great stadium. I want to become a part of this team and this club quickly, find my form and show my qualities as an attacking player." [/article]

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - Hamburg SV (£5.8 million)

[article]The deal that everyone was hoping for is now done and dusted: After spending six months on loan at HSV Greek defensive kingpin Kyriakos Papadopoulos has joined the Rothosen on a permanent basis from Bayer Leverkusen. “Papa” as he is known to team mates and fans has put pen to paper on a deal which lasts until June 30th 2020. Todt explained: “Anyone who saw Papa play for us could see what kind of push he gave our team with his winning mentality and passion.”

The Greek international (25 games, 4 goals) joined the Rothosen for the second half of last season. He made 15 Bundesliga appearances, scoring twice in the process. During that time he became a crucial cornerstone in the team and was instrumental in ensuring top flight status for the club: “Despite his young years Papa takes responsibility and leads from the front. He is a real win for us”, knows Todt.

At the age of only 15 in 2007 Papadopoulos joined Greek top flight side Olympiakos Piräus and won the double in 2008 and 2009. Three years later he joined Bundesliga club Schalke with whom won the DFB Cup in 2011. That season saw him become a full Greece international. He moved to Leverkusen in 2014 before being loaned out to RB Leipzig in 2016. January 2017 saw the defender join HSV on loan. That deal has now been made permanent much to the delight of everyone involved.[/article]

Bjarne Thoelke - Hamburg SV (free transfer)
[article]
HSV have signed Bjarne Thoelke from Karlsruher SC. The 25 year old central defender passed the obligatory medical examination in Hamburg on Tuesday afternoon (28.06) before signing a one year deal: “Bjarne is a physically strong player who I know well from my time at Karlsruhe SC. He is a sensible addition to our defence. I think he will thrive in the Bundesliga and is very welcome at HSV”, explained club sport boss Jens Todt who signed the 1,91m tall defender for Karlsruhe in 2015.

Thoelke began to rise through the ranks at VfL Wolfsburg from the age of 13, signing his first professional contract in October 2011. He made his Bundesliga debut four days later and made five further appearances that season. Thoelke who hails from Gifhorn joined SG Dynamo Dresden on loan before going on to join Karlsruher SC at the start of the 2015/16 season where he made 34 appearances. He will wear the number 22 for the Rothosen.[/article]

André Hahn - Hamburg SV (€6 million)

Jermain Defoe - Bournemouth (free transfer)

[article]AFC Bournemouth have completed the signing of England international striker Jermain Defoe.

The 34-year-old arrives at Vitality Stadium from Sunderland on a free transfer, and has put pen to paper on a three-year deal.

Defoe spent time with the Cherries as a teenager, setting a club record of scoring in ten consecutive league games while on loan from West Ham United.

He has also played for Tottenham Hotspur, Portsmouth, Toronto FC and Sunderland during a distinguished career which has brought 57 England caps and 20 goals for his country to date.

“It’s great to be back and I’m really looking forward to this challenge,” said Defoe.

“When the opportunity came about to return to AFC Bournemouth I just knew it was the right one.

“It was an easy decision, joining a top team with a top manager. It’s a great place to be.

“The Bournemouth fans know that every time I pull the shirt on I will give 100 per cent, and the one thing I can guarantee is goals.”

AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe said: “This a huge moment for the football club and another step in the right direction.

“We want to bring players here who can have a big impact on our continued rise and we believe Jermain fits that as a natural, proven goal scorer.

“We have known him for a long time, since working with him as a young pro and playing with him. I have followed his career and am delighted to say he is going to be playing for AFC Bournemouth again.”

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake added: “As soon as we found out Jermain was available, we worked hard to make this transfer happen.

“Top class strikers are not easy to come by, so I am delighted that Jermain will be pulling on the AFC Bournemouth shirt once more.

“He is someone with huge experience at the highest level, he knows the club and we believe he can make a real impact in helping us continue building on our recent success.”[/article]

Simon Grayson - Sunderland (Manager)

[article]
Simon Grayson has been appointed as Sunderland’s new manager after putting pen to paper on a three-year deal at the Stadium of Light.

A seasoned manager who has taken charge of over 600 games, Grayson has vast experience of building and improving teams and he arrives on Wearside following a four-year spell at Preston North End where he led the Lilywhites from the lower reaches of League One to Championship play-off contenders.

The new Sunderland boss will meet up with his squad tomorrow before flying to Austria to oversee a five-day training camp alongside his assistant Glynn Snodin, as Robbie Stockdale and Adrian Tucker continue in their respective roles.

And speaking to safc.com, Grayson hailed Sunderland’s tradition and support before turning his firm attention to the job that lies ahead.

“I am delighted to come to Sunderland, a club with such wonderful history and tradition, and I’m excited by the opportunity to manage this club and I want to bring the good times back.

“Sunderland are so fortunate to have such tremendous support and I want to give these fans a team they can be proud of.”

He continued: “I want a group of players full of desire, team spirt and a never-say-die attitude - that’s the very least that we should expect from a Sunderland player.

“The Championship is a demanding league, but with all the attributes I have highlighted then our aim has to be to get the club back to where it belongs as quickly as possible and I can’t wait to get started.”

Speaking about the appointment, chief executive Martin Bain revealed that Grayson’s passion and enthusiasm for the task at hand instantly stood out.

“We warmly welcome Simon to Sunderland,” added Bain.

“From the outset he demonstrated a tremendous enthusiasm for the job and his desire and ambition to make this football club better shone through.”

He continued: “Wherever he has managed, he has improved those clubs, which is a clear indication of his ability to build a team on solid foundations and create the right environment for success, and these are certainly attributes that we as a football club want to embrace as we embark on our own re-building process with him at the helm.

“Finally, in welcoming Simon, I would also like to extend my thanks to the chairman and board of Preston North End.

“I know they were understandably keen to retain his services and we thank them for their cooperation during the discussion process.”
[/article]

Pablo Insua - Schalke (reportedly €3.5 million)

[article]
Royal Blues get new spanish arrival: Schalke 04 have signed Pablo Insua from Deportivo La Coruna. The centre back has signed a four year deal until June 2021. He will wear the number 3 shirt.

“Pablo Insua is a tactically very good player, he moves the ball on quickly and anticipates very well,” said new Royal Blue coach Domenico Tedesco. “He also has the potential to show clean leadership skills on the pitch.”
The new man is looking forward to his new challenge expectantly. “This is a big step for me, Schalke is a big club who have made waves in Europe. I’m looking forward to the task ahead.”
Pablo Insua (September 9, 1993) made his way up from the Deportivo La Coruna youth system. The 1,87m tall defender was part of the U19 Spain side which won the 2012 European Championship. He made 20 La Liga appearances for Deportivo and 39 in the second division (scoring one goal) before being loaned out to CD Leganes for the last two seasons, where he made a total of 64 appearances across both of Spain’s top two divisions.
[/article]

Enzo Zidane - Alaves (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Real Madrid have sold midfielder Enzo Zidane, the son of manager Zinedine Zidane, to Alaves.

The deal was announced on Thursday as the younger Zidane signed a three-year contract with the club that finished ninth in La Liga last season.

The 22-year-old had come up through the Madrid academy and scored in his lone appearance with the senior team in November in a 6-1 Copa del Rey win over third-tier Cultural Leonesa.

He appeared in 78 games for Madrid's Castilla reserve team, scoring seven goals with 15 assists.

Enzo Zidane is the oldest of the Real Madrid boss' four children.

A statement on Alaves' official website added: "Deportivo Alaves wants to welcome Enzo Zidane and wishes him the best of luck for the new season."
[/article]

Erwin Mulder - Swansea (free transfer)

[article]
Free-agent Mulder has become the Swans’ first signing of the summer after turning down a new contract at former club Heerenveen.

The 28-year-old, who has played more than 250 senior games in his native Holland, has agreed a three-year contract in SA1 which he will sign at the beginning of July.

Mulder had a number of offers in Holland, but was intent on moving to the Premier League when the Swans came calling.

“I am very happy to be here,” he said.

“Now the opportunity has come and I have taken it with both hands.

“The Premier League is the biggest league in the world. As a player, you want to be part of that.”

Mulder strengthens Swans boss Paul Clement’s goalkeeping options following the summer departures of Gerhard Tremmel and youngster Josh Vickers.

He will become the fourth Dutch stopper to wear the Swans shirt after Dorus de Vries, Michel Vorm and Nico Schroeder, who featured for the club in the late 1970s.

Should he enjoy the kind of success they did, Mulder will be a big hit in Wales.

“There have been many Dutch players here, including some goalkeepers,” he added.

“A lot of them have done well here so it is nice for me to be here now.

“I know a little bit about the club. I spoke with Leroy Fer and Mike van der Hoorn. They told me some good things about the club.”

Mulder leaves Heerenveen after two years as their first-choice keeper, having joined them when Nordfeldt exited the club to join the Swans in 2015.

Mulder has spent the vast majority of his career at Feyenoord, where he spent more than four seasons as a regular in goal, turning out in the Europa League as well as domestically.

Now his task is to compete for a starting place under Clement.

“I played I think over 250 matches in – I think I have improved well in that time,” Mulder said.

“Of course I want to challenge to play here, but Lukasz Fabianski is here and Kristoffer Nordfeldt is here, so it is going to be difficult. But I am going to do best.

“Swansea finished last season well. Of course I hope we can do well net season. We want to finish as high in the table as possible and we will do our best to do that.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Paul Baysse - Malaga (free transfer)

[article]
Paul Baysse joins the Club with a contract that extends until the 2019/20 season, plus another optional year. The French central defender, from Ligue 1 side, OGC Nice, successfully passed the medical exam at Vithas Salud Rincón Medical Center Rosaleda.

Born in Bordeaux on 18th May 1988 (29 years old), he grew as a footballer at FC Girondins, beginning his career in the youth ranks of his home town team, between 2000 and 2007. Subsequently, he joined Ligue 2 team, CS Sedan (2007-10) before kicking off his long career in Ligue 1. With Stade Brest (2010-13), and the historic AS Saint-Étienne (2013-15) he consolidated his position in the elite of French football, before signing to Nice.

Baysse’s last two seasons have been the most outstanding in terms of results and personal performance. In 2015/16, he was a key player in OGC Nice reaching 4th place in the League, and qualification to the UEFA Europa League, whilst in the recently completed 2016/17 season, he assisted his team to climb a step further, ending in 3rd place behind the all-powerful Monaco and PSG. The former Nice captain accumulated 52 matches (49 in the starting line-up), scoring two goals in his last two years in the French competition.

A tall defender (1’85 metres in height), of quality and experience, he has also been an international in the lower categories of the French national squad.
[/article]

Adrián González - Malaga (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Midfielder, Adrián González will be part of Málaga CF for the next three seasons. The versatile player will be presented on Monday 3rd July at 19:00 at Pedro Berruezo municipal ground.

Born in Madrid in 1988 (29 years old), Adrián González Morales was formed in the lower categories of Real Madrid CF. In 2006/07, in the Second Division, he excelled with Madrid Castilla, playing 38 matches and scoring five goals. The following season he continued in the silver division, with Celta de Vigo and Nástic de Tarragona, making his debut in the elite in 2008/09 in the ranks of Getafe CF. Subsequently, he joined Racing de Santander (2010-12), Rayo Vallecano (2012-14) and Elche CF (2014-15), always remaining in the top flight of Spanish football.

As well as being an attacking midfielder, or anchored to the profile of his favoured leg, the left, or a playmaker after the number ‘9’, Adrián completed the two best seasons of his career in the past two years at Eibar. He has accumulated 60 games in LaLiga and scored 12 goals, becoming a key player in the team that ended the 2016/17 season in 10th place.

A Spain international in the lower categories, Adrián has competed in the First Division, Second Division and Copa del Rey in a total of 295 matches (29 goals) as a professional, of which 214 have been in LaLiga.
[/article]

Wayne Burnett - Tottenham (Under 23 Coach)
Perry Suckling - Tottenham (Academy Coach, Academy Goalkeeping Coach)

[article]Former Dagenham & Redbridge manager Wayne joins as our new Under-23s Coach, while Perry returns to the Club as Academy Coach and Academy Goalkeeping Coach following a spell with Queens Park Rangers.

A former midfielder, Wayne represented Leyton Orient, Blackburn Rovers, Plymouth Argyle, Bolton Wanderers, Huddersfield Town and Grimsby Town – making over 100 appearances for the latter two clubs – during an extensive playing career in the Football League. He left his post as Dagenham & Redbridge manager in December, 2015, and has since worked as a National Coach Developer at the Football Association.

Perry originally joined Spurs in October, 2000, after a playing career that included spells at Coventry City, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Watford and Doncaster Rovers, in addition to loan spells at West Ham United and Brentford. He has also previously enjoyed time coaching in South Africa and back here in the UK with the England youth squads, and served as our Academy Goalkeeping Coach until leaving to take up a position within Queens Park Rangers' Academy in the summer of 2015.

Commenting on the new members of staff, John McDermott, Head of Coaching and Player Development, said: "Wayne brings experience and a fantastic set of attributes to the Academy. He’s a former player, league manager and youth coach at a variety of levels, most latterly as a coach with the Football Association.

“I'm sure he will enhance our existing coaching programme and contribute hugely to the continuation of players graduating through the latter stage of their academy life into senior professional football.

“I’m delighted also that Perry is returning to us and he brings vast experience and knowledge of youth football that can only help the players and staff around him.

“He has an extensive knowledge of how we work and was fundamental in bringing a lot of successful graduates through the Academy here.

“He knows what ‘good’ looks like and we're looking forward to working with him again.”[/article]

Ferland Mendy - Lyon (£4.4 million)

[article]The Ligue 1 side have completed a deal to bring in a new left-back on a five-year contract, but have cleared the path for two players to move on

Ferland Mendy has completed his move to Lyon from Le Havre, with the Ligue 1 club confirming the impending departures of Rachid Ghezzal and Maxime Gonalons.

Mendy becomes Lyon's second signing of the week after the club wrapped up the €10million transfer of Chelsea forward Bertrand Traore, who spent last season on loan at Europa League finalists Ajax, on Monday.

Left-back Mendy has signed a five-year deal at Lyon and he was unveiled at a news conference on Thursday, where club president Jean-Michel Aulas said Ghezzal – who came through Lyon's youth ranks – will not be signing a new deal at the club, while Gonalons is set to join Roma.

"I'm very happy to be at Lyon and I cannot wait for the season to start," Mendy told reporters. "It is a club that has ambition and a great project. I did not hesitate.

"There are many young players at Lyon. I was told that it was a good group, a good collective."

Aulas also confirmed Lyon have agreed to let 28-year-old midfielder Gonalons move to Roma.

"Maxime came this morning and signed his endorsement of termination," Aulas said. "We started talks with Roma. We left on good terms."[/article]

Enzo Pérez - River Plate (£3.1 million)

[article]Valencia have confirmed they have reached an agreement to sell midfielder Enzo Perez to River Plate, but are set to make a substantial financial loss.

Los Che signed the Argentine from Portuguese giants Benfica in January 2015 for €25m but all reports indicate he will now be sold after 30 months for a mere €3.5m.

Various reports in the Spanish media suggest the fee is so low due to the club’s urgent need to sell high-earning players, of which Perez is one, to be able to fund new signings for new Coach Marcelino Garcia Toral.

Perez made 61 La Liga appearances for Valencia across two-and-a-half seasons, and was temporarily made captain earlier this season.

Valencia are also keen to shift on Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Alves due to their financial constraints, following the earlier exit of Australian shot-stopper Mathew Ryan to Brighton.[/article]

Seydou Doumbia - Sporting Lisbon (loan with option to buy)

[article]
Roma have officially confirmed that Seydou Doumbia has joined Sporting on loan with an option to buy.

The forward signed for the Giallorossi in January 2014, but after just two goals in 14 appearances he was loaned back to CSKA Moscow.

That was followed by loan spells at Newcastle United, where he made three appearances without scoring, and a successful spell with Basel.

“AS Roma can confirm that the club has reached an agreement with Sporting Clube de Portugal for the loan of forward Seydou Doumbia for the 2017-18 campaign,” the Lupi confirmed on their official website.

“The deal includes an option for the Portuguese side to make the transfer permanent, subject to certain sporting landmarks being reached.”

The wording indicates that the option to buy will become mandatory if Doumbia plays a pre-agreed number of games.
[/article]

Giuseppe Pezzella - Udinese (£4 million)

[article]
The 19-year-old Palermo defender took part in the Under-20 World Cup, where Italy finished third, and was a late addition to the Under-21 European Championship squad.

He came up through the Palermo youth academy and this season was given 10 Serie A appearances.[/article]

Youssouf Sabaly - Bordeaux (£3.5 million)

[article]
Bordeaux have reached a fee agreement with PSG to sign right-back Youssouf Sabaly permanently, according to Le Parisien.

Sabaly, who has been on loan with Les Girondins last season, is due to sign a 4-year-deal with Gourvennec’s side.
[/article]

Aaron Mooy - Huddersfield Town (£8 million with add ons up to £2 million)

[article]Huddersfield Town has today completed the permanent signing of reigning Player of the Year Aaron Mooy.

Town has paid a guaranteed record fee of £8 million to Manchester City for the Australian international, with additional contingencies that could see the deal rise to £10 million.

Aaron is pictured above in Town’s new 2017/18 home kit, which features the logo of new shirt sponsor OPE SPORTS.

26-year old Aaron was a key figure for the Terriers as the team gained promotion to the Premier League for the first time via the Play-Offs, scoring four times and grabbing seven assists as a virtual ever-present in David Wagner’s side during a season-long loan from The Citizens.

Mooy now has six goals in 28 caps for Australia’s senior side, but no work permit is required as he holds a Dutch passport through his mother’s heritage.

He has put pen to paper on a contract running until 2020, having returned to England after playing for his country in the Confederations Cup in Russia.

Huddersfield Town also has the option to extend that contract by a further season.

Head Coach David Wagner commented:

“Everybody who has watched our team in our promotion season knows how huge it is to have Aaron back at the Club as we enter the Premier League for the first time. I’m sure our fans will be very happy to see him back!

“As I said many times last season, Aaron was right at the heart of our team. When he played well, we usually played well – and won!

“His performances for us understandably brought a lot of interest in him this summer, so it is a big statement that Aaron wants to return to us. I think he understands that playing so regularly for us at a good level improved his game too and now he has the chance to be a regular in the Premier League; something that is very exciting for every player.

“He is still a great age and has space to improve, which is exciting for us too!

“His return, along with the early signing of Laurent Depoitre, demonstrates the commitment our Chairman, and the Club, have at becoming a success in this division.”[/article]

Nathan Aké - Bournemouth (£20 million)

[article]
AFC Bournemouth have completed the signing of Netherlands international defender Nathan Ake for a club record fee.

The 22-year-old arrives from Premier League champions Chelsea and has put pen to paper on a long-term deal at Vitality Stadium.

Ake spent the first half of the 2016/17 season on loan with the Cherries, making 12 appearances and scoring three goals before being recalled to Stamford Bridge in January, where he helped the Blues lift the top flight title and reach the FA Cup final.

The versatile Dutchman moved to Chelsea from Feyenoord in the summer of 2011, aged just 16, and has also enjoyed temporary spells with Reading and Watford.

Having represented his country at every level from under-15 to under-21, he won his first two caps for the senior Holland side earlier this summer.

“I had a great time here last season so I’m really happy to be back,” said Ake.

“It’s an exciting challenge. Chelsea is a great club and I learned so much there but this is a new step and the right place for me to develop even more.

“The fans haven’t seen the best of me yet. I always set the bar high so I know there is a lot of things I still have to work on.

“With the help of the manager here I know I can keep improving and become a better player.”

AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe said: “I am delighted that we have completed the signing of Nathan on a permanent basis.

“He is someone we know all about, having had a very successful loan spell here last season.

“Nathan is an outstanding young player with a fantastic attitude and a great desire to learn and develop.

“He has a very bright future ahead of him and I’m very pleased to say that future is here.”

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake added: “Nathan may have only been with us for a short time last season but he was a big part of what we achieved and made a huge impression on everyone, both on and off the pitch.

“We were determined to bring him to the club permanently and I am delighted to secure the services of a young, hungry, talented, international defender.

“Having already signed Asmir Begovic and Jermain Defoe this summer, this is another statement of our intent and another player who will help drive the club forward.”
[/article]

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona (€12 million)

[article]FC Barcelona have activated the buy-back clause for Gerard Deulofeu. In the following days, the terms will be agreed with both Everton and the player. Deulofeu’s contract will run until 30 June 2019.[/article]

Scott Parker - Tottenham (Under 18s Coach, Club Ambassador)

[article]
We are delighted to announce that former midfielder Scott Parker has returned to the Club as our new Under-18s Coach and Club Ambassador.

A former England international, Scott gave us two seasons of tremendous service as a player between 2011 and 2013, making 63 appearances in all competitions. He has spent the last four years at Fulham, where he served as club captain before announcing his retirement from playing this week.

Earlier in his career, the 36-year-old represented Charlton Athletic, Norwich City (on loan), Chelsea, Newcastle United and West Ham United. He won 18 senior England caps and skippered the Three Lions for one match during his time here at Spurs.

Scott will begin work immediately at Hotspur Way and, speaking on his new role, he said: “I’m delighted to be back at Tottenham and look forward to immersing myself in the job. Obviously it wasn’t an easy decision to call time on my playing career though I’m looking forward to this new chapter and am grateful to Spurs for handing me this opportunity at such an exciting time in the Club’s history. It is a great honour to represent the Club both as a coach and ambassador.”

Commenting on the appointment of Scott, John McDermott, Head of Coaching and Player Development, said: “Scott will need no introduction in terms of his playing credentials. He’s been planning a career in coaching for a number of years and during his time here he was not only completing his coaching qualifications but dealing with players in real life situations.

“Scott’s role within the Academy will be to manage the Under-18s players and to instil the standards required to be an elite international and Premier League player.

“I know how passionately Scott feels about the personal qualities Mauricio needs from players to be a success in our first team and I know he will develop these qualities in our players on and off the training pitch.”
[/article]

Fabio Borini - AC Milan (loan for £1 million with obligation to buy for £5.3 million)

[article]AC Milan have signed Fabio Borini from Sunderland. He is the second striker after André Silva and the fifth new weapon in Vincenzo Montella's arsenal. Here is the official statement:

AC Milan announce the signing of Fabio Borini from Sunderland AFC. The contract implies the player will join the club on loan with obligation to buy.

Fabio Borini, 26 years of age, is an Italian striker who has gained most of his experience abroad, playing the past five seasons in the Premier League. The Italian forward is a ductile player, suitable for both a two- or three-man forward line, playing as centre forward or winger based on the opponents, the system of play and how the game develops. Fabio Borini - 180 cm per 73 kg, right footed - has great pace, good technique and shooting skills added to being a good squad player capable of creating space for his teammates, all qualities that can come in handy for next season.

He spent his years as a youth between Bologna and Chelsea, where he made his senior debut with Carlo Ancelotti in 2009. In March 2011, he was shipped out on loan to Swansea City, in the Championship, and was decisive in helping the Welsh side managing a historic promotion to the Premier League. And it was in the English top-flight that the player class of 1991 spent his last five years: from Liverpool to Sunderland, his latest club, Fabio made 131 appearances scoring 20 goals. Our new signing has also competed in the Champions League and Europa League. In Serie A he joined Parma in the summer of 2011 but his adventure with the Gialloblu ended at the end of August when he signed for Roma with whom he played 26 games and scored 10 goals in two seasons. In his last campaign, he recorded 24 appearances (1740') finding the back of the net twice. With the national team, Fabio played the Under-21 European Championships in 2003, leading Italy to the final, lost 2-4 against Spain, also making it onto the scoresheet. With the senior team, on the other hand, he took part in the 2012 European Championships and was named in the preliminary 28-man training squad ahead of EURO 2016, although he did not make it into the official list of 23 players who travelled to France.[/article]

Henry Onyekuru - Everton (£6.8 million)
Henry Onyekuru - Everton (loan)

[article]
Everton has completed the signing of exciting Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru.

The pacy 20-year-old has joined the Blues from Belgian side Eupen for an undisclosed fee, becoming the Club's third confirmed signing of the 2017 summer transfer window.

Onyekuru, who has signed a five-year contract until the end of June 2022, joins on the back of a prolific 2016/17 season when he was the Pro League’s joint-top scorer with 22 goals.

Born in Onitsha, Nigeria, Onyekuru joined the esteemed Aspire Academy aged 13 and spent five years at the Doha-based facility before linking up with Eupen.

In his two years with the Belgian club, he averaged a goal every two appearances and leaves Eupen with the eye-catching statistics of 30 goals in 60 matches in all competitions.

Onyekuru is a Nigeria international, having made his senior debut for the Super Eagles against Togo in June 2017.

He is the third new arrival at Goodison Park this summer, following goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and midfielder Davy Klaassen, who were signed earlier this month from Sunderland and Ajax respectively.

Onyekuru will spend the 2017/18 season on loan at Belgian champions Anderlecht, where he is set to further his football education by playing in the Champions League.
[/article]

Mariano Diaz - Lyon (€8 million)

[article]Following Enzo Zidane out the Real Madrid exit door on Friday is Mariano Diaz, who has joined Ligue 1 outfit Lyon for around 8 million euros.The French side's fourth signing of the summer, Mariano's contract will also have a buy-back clause embedded in it for a period of time to allow Los Blancos first option on the striker."I'm very happy to be here, it's a great club in a wonderful position," the Dominican international stated at his unveiling.

"One of the reasons for coming here is that Lyon is a big club in France, I'll have the opportunity to show what I'm worth."The goal is to overtake Paris Saint-Germain and go as far as possible in Europe."[/article]

Last edited:
Lorenzo Pellegrini - Roma (€10 million)

[article]
AS Roma are pleased to confirm the signing of midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini from Serie A side US Sassuolo.

The 21-year-old, a graduate of the Giallorossi academy, returns to Roma after two seasons with Sassuolo
, for a fee of €10 million.

The Italy international has signed a five-year contract that runs until 2022.

“It is an incredible feeling to come back,” Pellegrini said. “This was my objective from the moment I went to Sassuolo. It is the culmination of a great two-year journey with them.

“I want to thank Roma, including Monchi and the rest of the directors. They have always been in close contact with me. They made me realise how much they wanted me back.”

During his two seasons with Sassuolo, Pellegrini made a total of 54 appearances for the first team. Last season he played in 28 games in Serie A, contributing six goals and seven assists, and also tasted European football for the first time in the Europa League.

In June he made his full international debut for Italy, before helping the Under-21 side reach the semi-finals of the ongoing European Championships in Poland.

“We are proud to be able to bring Lorenzo home,” sporting director Monchi said. “Over the last two years Lorenzo has gained valuable experience with Sassuolo, and we are sure he will contribute to the growth and improvement of this team.”

Pellegrini will wear the No. 7 shirt for the upcoming campaign.

Born in Rome, Pellegrini joined Roma as a 10-year-old and progressed through the age groups. A vital member of the Primavera side from 2013 to 2015, he made his debut for the first team in March 2015, in a Serie A game against Cesena.

Pellegrini becomes the third Rome-born academy product in the first-team squad, alongside Daniele De Rossi and Alessandro Florenzi.
[/article]

Rick Karsdorp - AS Roma (reportedly €14 million + add ons up to €5 million)

[article]AS Roma are pleased to confirm the signing of full-back Rick Karsdorp from Dutch side Feyenoord Rotterdam.

The 22-year-old, a Netherlands international, joins the club for an initial fee of €14 million. The deal also includes various performance-related clauses worth upto €5m in additional payments.

Karsdorp has signed a five-year contract that runs until 2022.

“Coming to AS Roma is a great step forward for me,” Karsdorp said. “I come here with a great desire and enthusiasm to play and to realise my dreams.

"I know I still have a lot of room to improve and I hope to do that here.”

Karsdorp, a product of the Feyenoord academy system, joins the Giallorossi after making over 100 appearances for his childhood club.

Last season he helped Feyenoord claim the Dutch league title, playing in 30 games as the team won the Eredivisie for the first time in 18 years.

In 2016 he was also part of the squad that claimed the KNVB-Beker Cup – completing all 90 minutes in the final.

“Despite his young age, Rick has already shown he possesses great talent,” sporting director Monchi said.

“We are delighted to be able to sign him, and are certain that his attributes will fit in well with the way coach Eusebio Di Francesco wants to play.”

Karsdorp has represented the Netherlands at every age group from Under-17 to the senior national side. He made his full debut for his country in October 2016 in a World Cup qualifier against France.

The right-back’s most recent appearance came against Bulgaria in March.

Karsdorp will wear the No. 26 shirt during the forthcoming campaign.
[/article]

Cristian Tello - Real Betis (€4 million + add ons up to €1 million and add ons)

[article]Cristian Tello will sign for Real Betis from FC Barcelona.

The Catalans published a statement on Friday reading: “FC Barcelona and Real Betis Balompié have reached an agreement for the transfer of Cristian Tello to the Andalucian side for four million euros with a potential one million more to come.

"FC Barcelona reserves the right to participate in the future sale of the player.”

He previously went on loan to both Porto and Fiorentina from Barcelona before his eventual departure. [/article]

Last edited:
Konrad Laimer - RB Leipzig (reportedly €8 million)

[article]
Konrad Laimer has completed his transfer to RB Leipzig.

A Red Bull Salzburg academy graduate, Laimer played a prominent role in the Austrian Bundesliga and Europa League last season.

Playing in 35 games across the two competitions, the midfielder impressed enough to break into the Austria Under-21 squad, while winning the third league title of his career.

He has now joined sister club RB Leipzig, who are aiming to challenge giants Bayern Munich for a second successive season in the German Bundesliga.

The 20-year-old has signed a four-year deal with 2016/17’s second-placed side.

RB Leipzig Director of Football Ralf Rangnick said on the move, as reported by the club’s official website: “Konrad Laimer is a player whose development we have been watching for quite some time.

“He has once again made a big leap in the last season and has not been voted the best player in the Austrian Bundesliga for nothing.”

[/article]

Marcus Berg - Al Ain (Reportedly €3.3m)

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/880136828623482882/h6uhNBXv?format=jpg&name=600x314

Marcus Berg’s protracted transfer to Al Ain was finally completed on Wednesday, with the Swedish international joining from Greek side Panathinaikos on a two-year deal. Here are his thoughts on the move.
Prolific at Panathinaikos
Berg, 30, scored 73 goals in 116 league matches since arriving from Germany’s Hamburg in 2013 and was top-scorer in the 2016/17 regular season. A starter for the Sweden national team, he has 12 goals in 47 appearances for his country. At Al Ain, Berg will lead the side’s attack and wear the No 9 shirt, with his competitive debut likely to be the Asian Champions League quarter-final first leg against Al Hilal on August 21. It is believed the transfer fee was €3.3 million (Dh13.7m).

'Called Al Ain the Barcelona of Asia.'

Marcus Berg - Al Ain (Reportedly €3.3m)
Thought he was older than 30 yrs old. :eek:

Josh Scowen - QPR (free transfer)

[article]JOSH Scowen has joined QPR on a free transfer, signing a three-year deal.

The 24-year-old arrives at Loftus Road after turning down the offer of a new contract at Barnsley, where he was a regular for the Tykes in the Championship last season, making 44 appearances in all competitions.

The tough-tackling midfielder becomes Ian Holloway’s first signing of the summer and the R’s boss is delighted with the capture.

“It’s a great first signing for us and I couldn’t be happier with the work that has been done to identify him for us,” Holloway told www.qpr.co.uk

“He was identified by the scouting network we’ve got in place here and they told me everything I needed to know about him, both in terms of his ability as a player and his character.

“I am delighted to bring him in.”

Holloway added: “Despite being young, he has played an awful lot of games already in his career and that’s great because it shows he can knock out 90 minutes, week in, week out.

“He’s also got a great pass in his locker and I like his attitude as well – he’s tenacious, gritty and has a real will-to-win, which is what we need.

“What really pleases me about this signing is that he had plenty of options to go elsewhere, but he opted for QPR – and did so for the right reasons. He really wanted to come here and play for us – how good is that?

“I want to bring players here who care about this club and have the right attitude – Josh fits that mould.”

After signing his deal in W12, Scowen said: “I’m very happy to join such a great club.

“When I met Ian Holloway and Les Ferdinand they made me feel welcome and made me feel like I was going to be a big part of their plans, which is always great to hear as a player.

“I’ll do my best to impress the gaffer and my team-mates in pre-season and hopefully I can be in the manager’s plans and in the starting line-up for the opening game of the season.”
[/article]

Jan Bednarek - Southampton (€6 million plus add ons up to €2 million)

[article]
Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of defender Jan Bednarek from Lech Poznań.

The Poland Under-21 international has agreed a five-year-deal at St Mary’s, becoming the club’s first signing of the summer.

Saints’ first-team squad will return for pre-season on Monday, but Bednarek’s involvement in the Under-21 European Championship earlier this month means he will link up with his new teammates later in July.

The 21-year-old was a regular in the Lech side that finished third in the Polish top-flight last term, with the centre-back having represented his country at every youth level from under-16s upwards.

Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “Jan is an extremely promising young player who possesses significant potential.

“We are delighted to bring him to the club, and we believe this will be the ideal place for him to continue his development.

“This is a particularly exciting time for him to arrive here, as he also has the opportunity to learn from Mauricio Pellegrino’s extensive experience of playing the centre-back position.

“Jan provides additional depth to the impressive amount we have in that area, with Virgil van Dijk, Maya Yoshida and Jack Stephens having all performed so impressively there last season, and he provides us with another excellent central defensive option.”

Jan Bednarek said: “I am so happy that I could join a club like Southampton. This is the moment I have worked for that makes my dreams come true. It only gives me motivation to work hard, to show my skills and to help Southampton to get better and better.

“I think it's a good step for me, because I have heard Southampton is such a good club for young players, so I can improve here. I think it will be a good move for me.”
[/article]

Jonas Lössl - Huddersfield (loan with option to buy)

[article]
Huddersfield Town has tonight completed the signing of Danish international goalkeeper Jonas Lössl on a season-long loan from Bundesliga club 1. FSV Mainz 05.

The 28 year-old custodian joins the Terriers on loan until 30 June 2018, at which point Huddersfield Town has the option to complete a permanent transfer.

Standing at an imposing 6’ 5” tall, Lössl arrives at the John Smith’s Stadium with over 250 top flight appearances under his belt in Denmark, France and Germany, as well as European and international experience.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach David Wagner commented:

“As everyone knows, we were very successful with our loans last season and now we have had the chance to bring another high-quality player to the Club in this way.

“He was part of a club in Mainz that had a difficult season in 2016/17 and that is why we have this rare chance to take a player of his quality on loan. I trust and believe in his talent and potential.

“Jonas has all the skills that you want from a modern goalkeeper; he is a good shot-stopper, he is a real presence and he is good with the ball at his feet too.

“I also know he is also a good character; a real family man, who speaks fluent English. He will fit in perfectly with our squad.”

[/article]

Last edited:
Chris Willock - Benfica (free transfer)

[article]
Arsenal forward Chris Willock has signed with Benfica with his contract at the Emirates set to expire on July 1.

The England Under-19 international, who has not made a Premier League appearance for the Gunners, has moved to the Portuguese side on a five-year deal.

'I hope I can show what I can do on the pitch. I think we have a great team and we can achieve great things in the future,' Willock said on the Benfica website.

The new signing posed for a photo in the famous Benfica home shirt alongside club president Luís Filipe Vieira.

Willock made two first team appearances for Arsenal - both coming in the EFL Cup as a substitute.

He had joined Arsenal as a five-year-old and progressed through the academy and into Arsene Wenger's first team.

Willock's brother Matty is with Manchester United having moved to Old Trafford after being released by the Gunners aged 15. [/article]

Martin Chrien - Benfica (undisclosed fee)

[article]Slovak midfielder Martin Chrien is moving from Czech club Viktoria Plzen to Benfica Lisbon.

Plzen said Friday the 21-year-old had signed a five-year contract.

Chrien was in Slovakia's starting lineup in its all three matches at the Under-21 European Championship in Poland, scoring two goals.

Financial details were not released.[/article]

Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea (compensation fee)

[article]
Exeter City are currently in negotiations with Chelsea over a fee for Ethan Ampadu after the 16-year-old put pen to paper on a deal at Stamford Bridge.

Ethan, who made 13 appearances for City’s first team last season, was free to talk to other clubs having yet to sign scholarship forms at St James Park.

As a result, there is no transfer fee. However, being a product of the Exeter City Academy, and under the age of 24, the Grecians are entitled to compensation and it is hoped that a fee for that can be agreed between Chelsea and Exeter City without the need to go to a tribunal.

Ethan has been attracting plenty of interest from Premier League clubs ever since he made his Football League debut for the Grecians aged just 15, 10 months and 26 days.

That appearance came in a League Cup match against Championship side Brentford, where Ethan picked up the man-of-the-match award and broke a club record for the youngest ever first team appearance which had been held by the legendary Cliff Bastin for 83 years.

Ethan has also been capped by Wales at under-17 and under-19 level, trained with the Wales squad ahead of Euro 2016 and was named the country’s young player of the year for 2016.

Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale, said: “Everyone at Exeter City fully supports Ethan's decision to sign for Chelsea. He had many options available to him and has decided that Chelsea provides him with the best opportunity to develop the next step of his career. We wish him the very best of luck.

“Ethan has shown real maturity and professionalism throughout last season, balancing his school work with his training at Exeter City.
At the same time, he has represented Wales at different age groups. We thank him for his contribution on the pitch and feel very proud of what he has become. Our academy should again be mentioned for the excellent work it does in not only nurturing talented footballers, but also well-rounded individuals.

“Ethan is another in a long line of home grown players to graduate through our academy into our first team. At Exeter City FC we will continue to support our youth system by encouraging and promoting our young players into competitive senior football when they are ready.”
[/article]
Another talented Wales youngster.

Daniel Bachmann - Watford (free transfer)

[article]
Highly-rated Austria Under-21 goalkeeper Daniel Bachmann has completed a permanent move to Vicarage Road, the Hornets are pleased to announce.

Bachmann joins Watford on a three-year deal, having spent the past six seasons at Stoke City.

The 22-year-old has 16 international caps at Under-21 level and has also been selected for Austria’s senior squad in each of the last two international breaks.

He has gained first-team experience through loan spells with Wrexham, Ross County and Bury, and prior to joining Stoke in 2011 was part of Austria Wien’s youth setup.
[/article]

Kiko Femenía - Watford (free transfer)

[article]
The Hornets are delighted to confirm the signing of Spanish right-back Kiko Femenía.

The 26-year-old, who was most recently with La Liga outfit Alavés, has agreed a four-year deal at Vicarage Road.

Femenía featured 77 times during two seasons at Estadio Mendizorrotza, including 31 appearances in the Spanish top-flight during 2016/17 and 38 league outings – plus five goals – as Alavés secured promotion as champions the year before.

Originally a right winger, Femenía made his professional debut as a 17-year-old with Hércules and has since also turned out for Barcelona and Real Madrid’s B teams as well as Alcorcón.

He is also a former youth international for Spain at Under-20, Under-19 and Under-18 levels.
[/article]

Pep Clotet - Oxford United (Manager)

[article]Oxford United today announce the appointment of Pep Clotet as their new manager.

Barcelona-born Pep, 40, joins the U’s after a spell as assistant head coach at Leeds United. He has previously managed Cornellà, Figueres, Espanyol B, and Málaga B in his native Spain before spells in Sweden and Norway. In 2013 he was appointed as academy consultant at Swansea City as part of Michael Laudrup's coaching staff before becoming assistant manager to Garry Monk, linking up again with former U’s defender Monk at Elland Road in 2016.

Pep will work alongside the existing first team coaching staff, led by Derek Fazackerley, and was appointed after a thorough recruitment and interview process, as Chairman Darryl Eales explained:

“I am delighted that Pep has chosen to launch his managerial career at Oxford United. It is an appointment that demonstrates our growing reputation within football as a forward-looking and ambitious club.

“Pep is a proven coach, progressive and hugely knowledgeable, and I believe we are fortunate to have attracted such a highly-regarded individual who is destined for an outstanding managerial career.

“Pep was the unanimous choice of the board and we believe he will build on the significant progress we have made over the past three years and accelerate our collective objective of sustainable Championship status. He is committed to building on our existing infrastructure, based on our excellent coaching and backroom and recruitment team and continuing to develop our attractive playing philosophy.

“I am sure everyone associated with the club will join me in wishing Pep every success in his new role and will give him the 100% support he deserves as we look forward to another exciting and successful campaign.”

Pep added: I'm really thrilled to be embarking on this new challenge at a club as ambitious as Oxford United. It's an exciting prospect and I'll be giving my all to ensure that as a team, and with the fans' support, we go on and achieve the targets we set ourselves.

"I wish to thank the chairman, Darryl Eales, and his board of directors for placing their faith in me. Right from the first time I spoke to the club, we were very much in tune about the challenges and opportunities here, which is what led me to realise that this was the right move in my career. I will be working very hard to ensure their faith is repaid.

"I look forward to joining the Oxford United family, meeting the players and staff, and getting down to work on the training pitch."[/article]

Willy Caballero - Chelsea (free transfer)

[article]Goalkeeper Willy Caballero today joins Chelsea Football Club.

Caballero arrives having been out of contract at Manchester City. He will add strength to our goalkeeper resources following the departure of Asmir Begovic to Bournemouth.

The 35-year-old has a wealth of experience at the highest level. He spent the past three seasons at City, having started his career at Boca Juniors in his native Argentina before playing for Spanish clubs Elche and Malaga.

Caballero said: ‘I am very happy to join Chelsea, the champions of England. I am looking forward to meeting the guys and helping the club achieve more success in the coming season.'

Michael Emenalo added: 'We are very happy to have Willy on board. He knows the Premier League and is tried and tested at the top of the game.

'We have three experienced goalkeepers and we look forward to welcoming him to the club when the squad returns to pre-season training.'

Caballero moved to the Premier League in the summer of 2014, linking up once again with Manuel Pellegrini, whom he had played under at Malaga.

The highlight of his time at City was the 2016 League Cup final when his heroics during the decisive penalty shoot-out against Liverpool ensured City secured the trophy. Caballero saved three penalties - from Lucas, Philippe Coutinho and Adam Lallana - as his team came out on top at Wembley.

Last season he featured in a memorable 3-1 Champions League win over Barcelona and made a crucial penalty save from former Chelsea striker Falcao in the first leg of their last-16 knockout tie against Monaco.

The Argentine featured regularly towards the end of the campaign, including in City's 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge. On that night he saved an Eden Hazard penalty, only for the Belgian to tap home the rebound for what proved to be the winning goal.
[/article]

Felix Weidwald - Leeds (£400k)

[article]Leeds United can today confirm that Felix Wiedwald has joined the club from German Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen for an undisclosed fee.

The goalkeeper has penned a three year contract with the Whites and becomes the clubs fourth permanent capture of the summer, following the arrivals of Mateusz Klich and Hadi Sacko, along with Madger Gomes who has joined the Under-23s.

Wiedwald made 26 appearances in all competitions for Bremen last season, helping them to an eighth place finish in Germany’s top flight last season.

The German started his career at Werder Bremen, before joining Bundesliga 2 outfit MSV Duisburg, where he spent two years.

In the summer of 2013, he was snapped up by Eintracht Frankfurt where he spent a further two years, before re-joining his first club Bremen in May 2015.

The 27 year-old German will battle it out with Rob Green, Marco Silvestri and Bailey Peacock-Farrell to be United’s first choice goalkeeper during the 2017/18 campaign.[/article]

Last edited:
Leandro Paredes - Zenit Saint-Petersburg (€23 million + add ons up to €4 million)

[article]Roma can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Russian club Zenit St. Petersburg for the transfer of midfielder Leandro Paredes.

Zenit will pay an initial fee of €23 million for the 23-year-old. The deal includes various performance-related clauses, related to both the club and the player, that could be worth up to an additional €4m.

Paredes, a product of the Boca Juniors academy, made his debut for the Giallorossi in September 2014.

He spent the 2015-16 season on loan at Empoli, where he was one of the key players as the Tuscan side finished 10th in Serie A.

Last summer he returned to Roma, serving as a member of the 2016-17 first-team squad that ultimately finished second in Serie A.

In total he made 54 appearances for Roma, scoring four goals. This month he also made his international debut for Argentina, appearing in a friendly win over Singapore.

The club wishes Leandro well for the future.[/article]
Tidy profit for Roma having signed him from Boca Juniors for €6 million. Been quite a while since Zenit splashed the cash too.

Andrea Poli - Bologna (free transfer)

[article]Bologna have officially signed midfielder Andrea Poli from Milan, reportedly as a free agent. “It’s an ambitious club with great potential.”

The 27-year-old put pen to paper on a four-year contract this morning.

“I am very happy, because the club and President wanted me and I have to thank them. I really wanted Bologna too,” he told the Rossoblu’s official YouTube channel.

“It was an objective to come here, as it’s an ambitious club with great potential and I can’t wait to start this new adventure.

“The fans are great, there is a lot of potential in the squad and many young players here. The supporters are passionate, as I realised every time I came to the Stadio Dall’Ara to play against Bologna, where it’s always tough.

“The city needs enthusiasm, as Bologna deserve a season at a strong level. I have already played with Daniele Gastaldello at Sampdoria, Mattia Destro at Milan, Antonio Mirante when I was young at Samp, Angelo Da Costa and a few others.

“I watched Bologna this season, as I always had a strong feeling with the side. I’m happy to be here and can’t wait to get started.”

He had joined the Rossoneri from Sampdoria in 2013 for €9.7m, but in four seasons played just 109 competitive matches.[/article]

Zeki Fryers - Barnsley (free transfer)

[article]We are delighted to confirm the signing of 24-year-old Zeki Fryers from Crystal Palace on a three-year deal.

Following the expiration of his contract at Selhurst Park, the left-back’s arrival at Oakwell confirms the Clubs sixth significant addition to the squad this summer.

A product of the world-renowned Manchester United academy, the defender made his Red Devils debut six years ago, in a League Cup victory against rivals Leeds United. Under the guidance of Sir Alex Ferguson, Fryers continued to progress and went on to feature in the Premier League as well making an appearance in the Champions League.

Fryers left his home city and moved to Belgian club Standard Liege in August of 2012. However, having impressed during his six-month spell on the continent, Fryers made the switch to north London and Tottenham Hotspur, breaking through into their first team, playing both domestically and in European competition for the Whites.

Having represented his country at under-16, under-17 and under-19 levels, the full-back swapped the north of the capital for the south, signing for Crystal Palace in 2014. Throughout his 3-year spell in Croydon, Fryers gained further experience with loan spells at Ipswich Town and Rotherham United.

With another young addition to the squad who possesses the necessary experience as well, Paul Heckingbottom was enthralled to get another quality player into the Club and hopes the recruitment drive will continue with pre-season underway.

He said, “Zeki is a great acquisition to our current squad. He joins the Club at a pivotal point in his career and just wants to play football. He shares our ambition and wants to progress with us, which is what we as a squad are all about. His experience at the top level will be helpful and I am excited to work together with him.”

Having officially signed for the Reds, Zeki spoke exclusively to iFollow Barnsley and couldn’t contain his delight at joining the Club.

Fryers said, “It’s fantastic to join Barnsley. I’m at a Club where I can play football and I can’t wait to show the fans what I can do. My focus is now switched to Hungary and pre-season, it’ll be great to meet the boys properly over there. The Club has been so welcoming, it’s a really positive vibe and I can’t wait to get started!”[/article]

Barry Douglas - Wolves (reportedly £1 million)

[article]Wolves are delighted to announce a fourth signing of the summer with the capture of Scottish full back Barry Douglas.

Agreement has been reached for Douglas to arrive for an undisclosed fee from Turkish club Konyaspor, and the defender has put pen to paper on a two year contract, with a further year's option in Wolves' favour.

Subject to the final paperwork being completed, the 27-year-old is set for his first taste of English football having started his career in Scotland and since featured in the top flight in both Poland and Turkey.

“I am happy to be here and can’t wait to get going,” said Douglas.

“I know Wolves are a big club and that this is an exciting challenge for me.

“They are going through a transformation at the moment and getting involved in that appealed to me.

“I share the ambition to play at the highest level possible and at a club like Wolves the opportunity is there to push for promotion and play in the Premier League.

“No one can come and expect to play in the team – I will work my socks off and once I am in it is up to me to then show what I do.

“I am optimistic but I need to get bedded in.

“I am coming here to stake a claim to play and get as many games as I can and help the team achieve.”

Douglas has also admitted the opportunity to work with Head Coach Nuno Espírito Santo was a big motivation in his decision to join.

“Nuno was one of the big appealing factors,” he confirmed.

“To be able to work under a manager of his calibre - he will maybe have some different views to other managers and it will be exciting.

“It is a new project that a lot of guys won’t have seen at Wolves.

“I like to be offensive as a defender and I think it will be a match made in heaven with the way the gaffer wants to play.

“Hopefully it will all click and we will do well.”

Douglas started his career in his native Scotland with Queens Park, before spending three years with Dundee United.

In 2013 he moved to Poland to join Lech Poznan, including winning a league title, and then in 2015 to current club Konyaspor in the Turkish League, where he was part of a cup-winning side.

In total Douglas has chalked up over 200 career appearances and scored ten goals.

“It has been a bit of adventure for me over the last four or five years!” he added.

“I have got a really strong mentality where I have been able to be away and adapt in different countries, and I hope I can use that experience to our advantage.

“I am sure I will bring that to the dressing room and everyone can bounce off each other and move in the same direction and achieve.

“It is a bit different for me now coming back to the UK but it is going to be just as much of an adventure here as it would be abroad.

“There are new goals and new targets to achieve.

“Football is a short career and I am privileged to have had the opportunities that I have.

“That continues with this new opportunity and I am looking to embrace it and help the club to get on to bigger and better things.

“I have matured so much as a person with these moves and I think everything has improved for me.

“And it will continue to improve here.

“I am looking forward to getting going with the guys here and kicking on.”

Douglas meanwhile is well aware of how tough it will be in the Sky Bet Championship, but is confident Wolves are building a side which is able to challenge.

“It is one of the most respected leagues in the world and I think that is why it was so appealing to come and test myself here,” he says.

“A few of my friends play in the Championship and it is a very competitive league which I have always kept an eye on.

“I don’t think it is clear who will succeed in this division - it is all about whoever can put a decent run together.

“If we go about our business and we do well then we have got a great chance.”

Douglas becomes the fourth new signing of the summer so far, hot on the heels of Ryan Bennett, Roderick Miranda and Phil Ofusu-Ayeh.[/article]

Valeri Bojinov - Lausanne Sport

Marc Roberts - Birmingham City (reportedly £3.5 million)

[article]THE CLUB IS DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF MARC ROBERTS FROM BARNSLEY FOR AN UNDISCLOSED FEE.

The highly-rated defender has penned a five-year deal and becomes Harry Redknapp’s second summer signing following the capture of David Stockdale earlier this month.

“I’m happy to be at such a big club,” Roberts told BluesTV. “There’s been a lot of rumours and a lot of clubs interested but when a manager like Harry Redknapp comes along and asks for your signature you’ve got to take it seriously.

“There are some really good players here and from my point of view I want to help the football club get promoted. That’s the end aim.

“I pride myself on clean sheets. I’m a defender first and foremost. My job is to protect the goalkeeper and let the more technical players go and score goals.

“I’m a heart on my sleeve type of player. I’ll give my all every game and I want to win. I’m addicted to winning and it can only be a good trait.”

The Tyke’s captain played a vital role in Barnsley’s first season back in the Championship last term, amassing 40 appearances at the heart of their backline.

A committed and determined centre-half, Roberts began his career with his hometown club Wakefield before enjoying further non-league spells with Worksop Town and Buxton.

His real rise to prominence began with a number of eye-catching displays for Conference Premier side Halifax Town.

During his two seasons in West Yorkshire, Roberts was linked with a move to a number of Football League Clubs - Blues also had their eye on him - but it was Barnsley who snapped up his services in the summer of 2015.

After signing a three-year deal at Oakwell, Roberts described himself as an “old-fashioned defender” who is “strong in the air and won’t lose many headers.”

The six-foot stopper went on to lift the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy and gain promotion to the Championship in his first season at the Club.

His meteoric rise continued last season when he was named Barnsley club captain by Heckingbottom following the departure of Connor Hourihane in January.

Roberts faced Blues twice last season and was dismissed in our 2-2 draw at Oakwell for a challenge on Che Adams.

“I thought it was a bit harsh myself,” Roberts smiled. “I don’t get sent off very often but these things happen in football.”

In December, Roberts opened the scoring with a header in Barnsley's 3-0 defeat of Blues at St. Andrew's.
[/article]

Nemanja Maksimovic - Valencia (free transfer)

[article]Nemanja Maksimovic, the 22 year-old Serbia international midfielder is a new Valencia CF player for the next five seasons. Maksimovic, who begins pre-season training on Monday with his new teammates, will be presented to the media at 1pm in the Paterna Training Ground Media Centre.[/article]

Jay Rodríguez - West Brom (reportedly £12 million)

[article]
ALBION can confirm their first signing of the summer of 2017 with Jay Rodriguez joining the Club from Premier League rivals Southampton.

The 27-year-old forward has signed a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Jay will meet his new team-mates tomorrow when the players report back for training as the Baggies begin shaping up for the Club's eighth consecutive Premier League campaign.

But after the handshakes and greetings it will be down to hard work immediately as he then jets off to Austria with the Baggies and the first phase of the pre-season schedule.

"After one or two 'near misses' I'm absolutely buzzing to be here," says Jay, referring to Albion's two previously thwarted attempts to recruit him from the St Mary's Stadium.

"The most important thing for any player is to be wanted – and Tony Pulis and Albion have made it clear just how much they have wanted me to join. That's fantastic for any footballer to hear.

"I'm genuinely delighted to be joining a club of Albion's stature. The team is full of top players and it's pretty clear that they are also a great set of lads."

Head Coach Tony Pulis tried to land Jay a year ago and again in the January window only for Saints to remain reluctant to do business.

Chairman John Williams commented: "I am delighted to welcome Jay to The Hawthorns. We tried to sign him during the previous two windows and it's third time 'deal done.' Our persistence has been rewarded.

"Jay is a proven Premier League striker, an England international and a player who will give Tony more attacking options."

[/article]

John Terry - Aston Villa (free transfer)

[article]Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of John Terry on a one-year deal.

The former England captain arrives at Villa Park having helped Chelsea secure the Premier League title in 2016/17 and left Stamford Bridge at the expiration of his contract.

Terry enjoyed a stellar career with the Blues, winning four Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups as well as the Champions League and Europa League.

After making his debut in 1998, the 36-year-old went on to record 713 appearances for Chelsea and skippered the London side on 578 occasions.

PFA Player of the Year award winner in 2005, Terry also won 78 caps for England and represented his country at the World Cup and at the European Championships.

He said: “I am delighted to join Aston Villa.

“It’s a club I have admired from afar for many years – there are fantastic facilities at Bodymoor Heath, Villa Park is one of the finest stadiums in the country and there’s a good group of players here, with an experienced and successful manager in Steve Bruce.

“I can’t wait to get started now and look to help the squad achieve something special this season.”[/article]

Wonder if you can get odds on him getting 15 goals next season

Yuning Zhang - West Brom (undisclosed fee) - Werder Bremen (2 yr loan)

[article]
ALBION have completed the signing of one of China's brightest young football talents.

Yuning Zhang, a 20-year-old striker who has been playing with Vitesse Arnhem in the Eredevisie since 2015, has been recruited on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

But Baggies fans will have to be patient for a glimpse of the China international in action in the Club's famous stripes after Albion agreed an immediate two-year loan for Zhang with Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen.

Albion describe the deal as a "development project" for one of the biggest names in Chinese football in the hope that Zhang can one day make a breakthrough at Premier League level.

The Club have also made it clear that the investment sits outside the ring-fenced transfer budget for strengthening Albion's Premier League squad for the forthcoming campaign.

With China currently outside the top 50 of FIFA's world rankings, a work permit would be ruled out for Yuning and the chance to play in Germany's top division is seen as an ideal alternative nurturing ground.

The deal also aligns strongly with the commercial strategy of Albion's controlling shareholder Guochuan Lai in his efforts to grow the Club's profile in his homeland.

Zhang's signature for the Baggies is expected to trigger unprecedented interest in the Far East in the only Chinese-owned Premier League club.

Richard Garlick, Albion's Director of Football Administration, flew to Germany this week to tie up the details of the three-club deal and said: "Zhang will get the chance to further develop at Bremen, with whom we have an excellent relationship.

"He will be challenging for a place in a top European league and we will be monitoring his progress before reassessing his prospects at the end of the loan period. There is no doubt he has a lot of qualities which Bremen are well-positioned to grow and develop.

"His progress will be the subject of great interest here at Albion but also in Germany and in China.

"There is no doubt that there are commercial benefits that come with the deal but the primary target is to help develop one of the best young players in a booming corner of the football industry."

Yuning is a hugely popular figure in China where he caused a major stir by scoring two goals on his international debut against Trinidad & Tobago a year ago.

He has subsequently been regularly included by new "Team Dragon" manager Marcello Lippi. Yuning also became the first Chinese player to score in the Erevedisie following his transfer to Vitesse from his first Chinese club Hangzhou Greentown.
[/article]

[article]
Werder Bremen's newest recruit comes all the way from the Far East. The Green-Whites have signed China international Yuning Zhang on a two-year loan deal from English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion. The centre forward played for Vitesse Arnheim last season before recently switching to West Brom, and has been immediately loaned out to Werder.

"After some very constructive talks with West Brom, we have found a very good solution for all parties. We're delighted to be able to sign Yuning Zhang on loan. He is a young, talented player who has already had a taste of football here in Europe and made the decision to move abroad in order to further his career. We want to help him continue to do this," said Frank Baumann, Werder's sporting director.

Richard Garlick, Albion’s Director of Football Administration, flew to Germany this week to tie up the details of the three-club deal and said: “This is a project which suits all parties and gets our Club in at the ground floor of the career of one of China’s most exciting young players. Zhang will get the chance to further develop at Bremen, with whom we have developed excellent relationships. He will be challenging for a place in a top European league and we will be monitoring his progress before reassessing his prospects at the end of the loan period. There is no doubt he has a lot of qualities which Bremen are well-positioned to grow and develop. His progress will be the subject of great interest here at Albion but also in Germany and in China.”

Yuning Zhang is looking forward to his new challenge in Germany: "I'm very proud to have the chance to play for this team. Werder is a big club in China and I'm really excited about this opportunity. My dream is to play in the Bundesliga and I hope to be able to showcase my skills at some point in the near future."

The 20-year-old will begin pre-season training with the first team on Sunday. “Yuning is a young player, who is willing to learn and has brilliant instincts when it comes to making runs in the box."We're hoping that he will settle into the team and Bundesliga football quickly, but we will also give him time he needs to develop," said Werder head coach Alexander Nouri.

Yuning Zhang began his footballing career as a young boy at Hangzhou Greentown, before moving to Vitesse Arnheim in 2015 where he graduated from the academy and went on to play for the first team. The 20-year old made 16 appearances for Vitesse and was the first Chinese player ever to score in the Dutch Eredivisie. Zhang has been capped nine times for China, scored two goals for his country.
[/article]

Marcelo Djaló - Fulham (reportedly €800k)

[article]The Club is pleased to announce the signing of Marcelo Djaló from Club Deportivo Lugo on a three–year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Fulham holds an option to extend his contract by a further 12 months.

The 23-year-old centre-back spent three seasons as a youth player at Real Madrid before making his senior debut in Spain’s second tier with CF Badalona in 2012.

He spent the following term at Granada B before signing for Juventus in 2014. During his time at the Turin club, he was loaned back to Granada B before loan spells at Girona and latterly UCAM Mercia, where he helped the side to a first ever promotion to the Segunda Division, followed.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Djaló stated: “The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It’s a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it’s a proud moment.

“Quite simply, I want to be here, I want to work here, I want to grow as a person and a footballer at this great club.”

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan commented: “It's not easy to find a young player who can quickly contribute to our First Team and can play an important role in our future, but we feel that we've done that with the signing of Marcelo.

“Our Club has a lot of work to do in the weeks ahead, but we very much like the addition of Marcelo and look forward to working with him."[/article]

Heiko Westermann - Austria Wien (free transfer)

[article]Former Germany international Heiko Westermann has joined Austria Vienna, shortly after Ajax announced it had terminated the defender’s contract which ran through 2018.

Austria Vienna, runner-up in the domestic league last season, says the 33-year-old Westermann has signed a two-year contract.

Austria Vienna coach Thorsten Fink says “such an experienced player will improve our defense for sure. With his attitude and experience he will definitely be able to help our young team.”

Last season Westermann played just four games for Ajax in the Dutch Eredivisie and two in its European campaign, which ended with defeat to Manchester United in the Europa League final. He previously played for Betis, Hamburg, Schalke, Bielefeld and Fuerth, and scored four goals in 27 matches for Germany from 2008-14.[/article]

Lloyd Isgrove - Barnsley (free transfer)

[article]
We are delighted to confirm that the winger has signed permanently at Oakwell!

Following a hugely successful loan spell with the Reds during the promotion and cup winning 2015/16 season, Lloyd Isgrove has today rejoined the Club following the expiration of his contract at Premier League Southampton. He becomes the seventh addition to the squad before the pre-season trip to Hungary!

During his time on-loan at Oakwell, the wide-man made 27 appearances and scored an all important goal in the play-off final victory at Wembley against Millwall. As well as playing and scoring in the play-off final, he was an integral part of the squad that won the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy at Wembley as well against Oxford United, in what as a truly memorable season for all Barnsley fans.

At the age of just 24, Isgrove’s reputation within the game has seen him gain international recognition at both U21 and senior level for Chris Coleman’s Wales side which has further strengthened the 24-year-olds growing credentials.

The desire from both the Club and Isgrove himself to come back to Oakwell was so strong that other stiff competition for the signature of the highly sought after youngster was fought off.

The Reds coaching staff have been tracking the lightning fast, tricky winger for some time and following the completion of the deal, Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom spoke to www.barnsleyfc.co.uk.

He said, “Lloyd is a great lad and we are all glad to see him back at the Club for both personality and footballing reasons. He fitted into the group here so well last time, knows the place and is a fans favourite. Once we knew there was a possibility of this deal happening, it was a no brainer. Lloyd expressed his desire to come back here and has turned down other good offers across the Championship, which shows his hunger to do well here and that’s exactly what we need.”

After returning to Oakwell, Isgrove spoke exclusively to iFollow Barnsley and said, “I’m delighted to be back. I’ve been away for a year, so I am really happy to be back and I am looking forward to starting again. It’s been mad, I think I’ve had at least one tweet a day over the last year from the fans! I am happy to be back and I’m sure they will be pleased as well. Now I need to get back out on the training field, meet all the new lads and we can attack this season and continue to progress the Club forward.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Eddie Lattimore - (Assistant Head of Physical Performance)
Jordan Smith - (Physical Performance Coach)
[article]
SWANSEA CITY CAN CONFIRM TWO CHANGES TO ITS BACKROOM TEAM FOR THE NEW PREMIER LEAGUE CAMPAIGN.

Eddie Lattimore has joined the club from Tottenham Hotspur as assistant head of physical performance, while former Swans professional Jordan Smith has stepped up from the club’s Academy as physical performance coach.

Both new recruits will work under the guidance of head of physical performance Karl Halabi.

Leaving the club will be head of sports science Jonny Northeast and fellow sports scientist Will Sparkes.

Swansea City would like to thank Jonny and Will for their service and wish them good luck for the future.
[/article]

Sandro - Everton (reportedly £5.3 million)

[article]Sandro Ramirez declared he has joined the “ideal club and ideal manager” after signing for Everton from Malaga on a four-year deal, as he targeted trophies and Champions League football with the ambitious Blues.

The 21-year-old forward has penned a contract at Goodison Park until the end of June 2021 after Everton triggered a release clause in the Spaniard’s contract with the La Liga club.

Sandro’s signing follows those of goalkeeper Jordan Pickford – in a Club-record deal for a fee of £25million potentially rising to £30million – Dutch international midfield player Davy Klaassen from Ajax for €27million and Henry Onyekuru, the Belgian Pro League’s joint-top goalscorer last season who will spend the 2017/18 season on loan at Anderlecht.

Former Barcelona striker Sandro, who was part of the Spain side that reached the final of the UEFA Euro Under-21 championships last month in Poland, revealed he “cannot wait to wear the blue shirt” for a “massive club”, as he pointed to the influence of boss Ronald Koeman in making the switch to Merseyside.

“I’m very happy, this is a big step in my career,” Sandro told evertontv. “I know I’m signing for a massive club in England. Everton is the ideal place for me, I’ve got the ideal manager who is going to keep giving me the confidence to improve my game.

“I cannot wait to wear the blue shirt in front of the Everton fans at Goodison Park. It’s a big jump in my career coming to the Premier League and for a club like Everton which is really on the up. They have got big plans and want to succeed and keep developing. I’m hoping I can get to know my teammates as soon as possible, and want to adapt to the football and the way of life in the city.

“Everton have made some big signings and we’re hoping we can put in a great season and hopefully then we can achieve that aim of getting in the Champions League. It will be a big season for us.

“I was lucky enough to play with some of the best players in the world and managed to win the odd trophy but the important thing now is that I’m very happy to be signing for Everton. We’ve got a fantastic squad and I’m excited about being able to compete at Everton and win plenty of silverware.”

Having come through Barcelona’s academy from the age of 14, going on to make 32 first-team appearances for the Catalan giants, Sandro joined Malaga last summer and enjoyed a fine campaign, scoring 16 goals in 31 appearances as ‘Albicelestes’ finished 11th in La Liga.

That caught the attention of Koeman and Director of Football Steve Walsh who, along with Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright, the forward said were key in him signing for the Blues.

“The biggest attraction is the confidence already shown in me by people at the Club,” he added. “I’m really excited at having the chance to work with the manager, Ronald Koeman. He has shown a lot of faith in me and was very influential in my decision to come here, as were other people at the Club – especially the Chairman, Bill Kenwright, and Steve Walsh.”

Koeman, who believes Sandro will add significantly to the productivity of the team, declared: “There was a lot of interest in Sandro because, of course, he’s a goalscorer, he’s young and he has a big future in the game.

“We have been trying to bring in good players so we can have greater productivity in the team and he will bring that. He will bring a lot of good qualities and he’s a really good goalscorer, too.”

Born on the island of Gran Canaria, Sandro made his Barcelona debut against Villarreal in August 2014 at the age of 19, scoring the winner just 12 minutes after coming on as a substitute. He went on to play 12 times for Barcelona in 2014/15 and in 20 matches during the following campaign, collecting La Liga winners’ medals in both seasons.

“I’m bringing a lot of youthful enthusiasm and a real desire to improve and work hard,” Sandro said. “One of the things I’ve always had is a good work ethic and a real desire and strength of character to do well.

“My key strength is goalscoring. It’s always good to bring goals to a team and that’s what I’m hoping to do. My game is making runs off the ball, trying to find space, putting in a lot of effort and running hard. I think that’s an advantage in the Premier League.”[/article]

Maxime Gonalons - Roma (reportedly €5 million)

[article]AS Roma are pleased to confirm the signing of midfielder Maxime Gonalons from French side Olympique Lyonnais.

Gonalons, 28, joins the Giallorossi for €5 million.

He has signed a four-year contract until 2021.

"After speaking with Monchi and the coach about their ambitions, I did not hesitate for a moment," Gonalons said. "For this reason there were no issues and everything was agreed very quickly.

"I cannot wait for this new adventure."

The central midfielder, a full France international, has spent his entire career to date at Lyon – making his debut for the club at the start of the 2009-10 season.

He went on to make more than 330 appearances for Les Gones – putting him eighth on the list of the club’s all-time leading appearance makers - and won both the Coupe de France and Trophee des Champion in 2012.

“Maxime is a footballer of international stature,” sporting director Monchi said. “In addition to his technical ability, we are delighted to add his experience and personality to our group.

"I am extremely happy to be able to welcome him to AS Roma.”

Gonalons made his international debut in November 2011, and has gone on to win seven caps for France.

Predominantly a defensive midfielder, he has occasionally also played as a centre-back.[/article]

Corentin Jean - Toulouse (reportedly €4 million)

[article]Toulouse have today completed a deal to sign previously loaned Monaco winger Corentin Jean, on a four-year deal.

The French forward impressed in his loan spell with the side last term, when he was deemed surplus to requirements by his parent club.

Jean featured 18 times in Ligue 1 and set up his team mates for a goal on five occasions, netting once himself. He also featured in Toulouse’s Coupe de Ligue run, and scored once in the process.

At 21-years-old, Jean will certainly arrive with promising potential, and will undoubtedly have a better chance to fulfill it with vital playing time at TFC.[/article]

Ever Banega - Sevilla (reportedly £8 million)

[article]Midfielder Ever Banega has confirmed via his official website that he has completed his return to Sevilla from Inter after one year.

Various media reports in both Spain and Italy have confirmed a deal had been completed and the transfer had gone through for a fee of €9m, although neither club had officially announced the move.

The 28-year-old midfielder joined the Italian giants on a free transfer last summer but after making just 20 starts in Serie A last season he has now returned to the Andalucians.

The Argentine international is expected to pen a three-year contract after undergoing a medical and will look to add to his eight goals and five assists he provided in his previous 59 La Liga appearances for the club.

Formerly of Valencia, Banega bagged six goals and six assists in his sole season at the San Siro.[/article]

Bersant Celina - Ipswich (loan)

[article]
Town have pipped a string of Championship clubs to the signing of Manchester City’s highly-rated Bersant Celina.

The 20-year-old wideman has joined the Club on a season long loan from the Premier League giants and has travelled to Ireland with the first-team squad for a week long training camp.

He becomes the fifth signing of an increasingly busy summer for Blues, with Jordan Spence, Joe Garner, Emyr Huws and Tom Adeyemi having arrived at Portman Road in recent weeks.

Bersant was at Stromsgodset in Norway as a youngster before catching the eye of the City scouts and he joined the club’s Academy at 16.

He progressed through the youth ranks at the Etihad and was handed his Premier League debut in a 3-1 defeat by Leicester in February 2016.

He spent last season on loan at FC Twente, becoming a regular in their line-up in the Dutch top flight.

Capped by Norway at youth level up to U21, Bersant switched his international allegiance to his native Kosovo. He is capped at senior level and is seen as part of their national side going forward.

He arrives at Portman Road having signed a long term contract at City that keeps him there until 2020.
[/article]

Jamie Proctor - Rotherham (reportedly £75k)

Rotherham United have signed Bolton Wanderers striker Jamie Proctor for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the Millers.

Boss Paul Warne had promised to strengthen his attacking options during the close season, with Proctor joining up with the likes of former team mate David Ball in what could be a new look frontline

The Preston-born target man started his career with his home town club where his form earned him a move to Premier League Swansea City.

After a loan spell at Shrewsbury Town, he switched to Crawley Town in search of regular first-team football and played 49 times in his first season with the club.

After notching 15 goals in his 18 month stint with Crawley, he joined Fleetwood Town in 2014.

Spells at Bradford City and Bolton Wanderers followed, and last season he enjoyed a loan spell with Carlisle United.

He now moves to the AESSEAL New York Stadium on a two-year deal.

Terence Kongolo - Monaco (reportedly €15 million)

A pity that the title winning Feyernoord team is breaking up. First Karsdorp and now Kongolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom