• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Mohwald - Werder Bremen (undisclosed fee)

[article]Straight after the final matchday of the season, Werder’s preparations for the 2018/19 season have begun. Werder’s sporting director Frank Baumann announced the signing of Kevin Möhwald from 1. FC Nürnberg. The exact details of the transfer have not been disclosed.

“We have followed Kevin’s development for several years and are delighted that he’s decided to join Werder. We’re convinced that Bremen is the right club for him to make the next step,” said Werder’s sporting director, Frank Baumann.

Head coach Florian Kohfeldt is also looking forward to working with the midfielder: “Kevin is a very talented footballer who has shown us his quality on the pitch time and time again. I’m happy that he’ll join us this summer. He’s a good lad who is a great fit for our team.”

Those words will be music to the 24-year-old’s ears: “I’m delighted to have been given the opportunity to join a club of Werder Bremen’s stature. Werder are one of the most traditional clubs in the Bundesliga with a strong identity. I’m fully convinced this is the best place for me to be.”[/article]

Scott Arfield - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]RANGERS are today delighted to confirm the signing of Scott Arfield from Burnley on a four year deal.

Arfield, 29, arrives with a wealth of Premier League experience under his belt with Sean Dyche’s terrific Burnley team, while he also has top-flight Scottish experience with Falkirk, where he began his senior career.

Arfield broke through at the Bairns in 2007, playing 122 times there across three seasons, with his spell there including a run to the 2009 Scottish Cup Final, where they were defeated by the Gers.

His form earned him a move to England, and Huddersfield Town in League One. He was part of the side which saw the Terriers promoted to the Championship in 2012, before he switched to Burnley in 2013.

He spent five successful seasons there – three of which were in the Premier League – and played a part in helping the Clarets qualify for Europe for the first time in 51 years.

On the international front, he has been capped 12 times for Canada and has scored once.

Arfield is the first signing of the Steven Gerrard era at the club, and the new manager said:

“I am delighted to have added Scott Arfield to the squad for next season. He is a talented and competitive midfielder who has competed at a high level in the English Premiership and internationally for Canada.

“Scott is the first one in and I look forward to working with him and the others who will be coming in to strengthen the squad.”[/article]

He's fucking boss. For free too. Maybe Stevie Me does know what he's doing

Thomas Tuchel - PSG (Head Coach)

[article]Thomas Tuchel has been confirmed as Paris Saint-Germain’s new manager on a two-year deal.

The German, who has been out of work since leaving Borussia Dortmund at the end of the 2016-17 season, will replace Unai Emery at the Parc des Princes.

“It is with great joy, pride and ambition that I join this great global football club that is Paris Saint-Germain,” said Tuchel in a statement released on Monday by PSG. “I look forward to working with all these great players, all of whom are among the best on the planet. With my staff, we will do everything to help the team push their limits to the highest international level. There is tremendous potential in Paris and this is the most exciting challenge that has come to me.”

The 44-year-old was appointed at Jürgen Klopp’s successor at Dortmund in 2015 and won the DFB-Pokal last season, but left after falling out with the club hierarchy. Before Dortmund Tuchel was in charge of Mainz for five years.

Emery’s two-year spell in charge at the Parc des Princes will come to an end after PSG’s final game of the season at Caen on Saturday. The Spaniard led them to the Ligue 1 title this season but saw his side eliminated by Real Madrid in the last 16 of the Champions League.[/article]

German flavour in France. It can be a great combination.

Olly Lee - Hearts (free transfer)

[article]Hearts have completed the pre-contract signing of midfielder Olly Lee.

The 26-year-old has agreed to move to Tynecastle and will join the Jambos on a three-year-deal.

Olly moves north having helped Luton Town secure promotion from League Two in England, where he scored seven goals in 43 appearances this season, including the EFL’s Goal of the Season Award for a 70-yard strike against Cambridge United.

He began his career at Premier League side West Ham United, enjoying loan spells at Dagenham & Redbridge and Gillingham before penning a permanent deal with Barnet.

A move to Birmingham City soon followed, and after a short spell at Plymouth Argyle he then signed for Luton, where he made 123 appearances for the Hatters over three seasons.

Olly will join his new team-mates ahead of the start of the 2018/19 season upon expiration of his contract at Luton.[/article]

Diego Maradona - Dynamo Brest (Chairman)

[article]Diego Maradona’s career took another surprise turn late on Tuesday when he was announced as chairman of Belarusian club Dynamo Brest.

The Argentine, 57, left Fujairah on April 27 after failing to guide the UAE second-tier side to automatic promotion to the Arabian Gulf League. Fujairah clinched a place in the top flight earlier this week by coming through a play-off with Hatta.

Maradona was linked initially with a return to the Fujairah hot-seat in a frenzied few days following his departure, but has now made the unlikely move to board level at Brest. The club, eighth in this season’s Belarusian Premier League, have given him a contract through to 2021.

Confirming the appointment on social media, Brest tweeted: “Yes, Diego is with us. Legendary football player Diego Armando Maradona signed a three-year contract with the football club, Dynamo Brest, and took office as chairman of the club’s board.

“Diego Maradona will be involved in issues of strategic development of the club, as well as interacting with all its structural units, including the children’s academy.”

Brest, who won the Belarusian Cup last year and its Super Cup in March
, said Maradona will be officially introduced as chairman at Emirates Palace hotel in Abu Dhabi. Details of the news conference to be released “shortly”.

Having enjoyed a varied career since he retired from playing, Maradona posted on Instagram: “I am president of the club, Dynamo Brest. Thanks for the trust and for thinking of me.”

Maradona, a Fifa World Cup winner with Argentina, was appointed as Fujairah manager last May with the objective of leading the club into the Arabian Gulf League. He had previously managed Al Wasl, but was dismissed in July 2012, midway through a two-year contract.[/article]

Allan McGregor - Rangers (free transfer)

[article]RANGERS can today confirm that Allan McGregor has rejoined the club on a two-year deal.

The vastly experienced Scotland goalkeeper was recently named Hull City’s Player of the Year for 2017/18 and becomes new manager Steven Gerrard’s second signing following the arrival of midfielder Scott Arfield on Monday.

McGregor began his career with the Light Blues and worked his way up through the youth ranks before making his senior debut on 24 February 2002 at the age of 20.

On that occasion he replaced Stefan Klos in the 73rd minutes of a Scottish Cup quarter-final victory over Forfar Athletic at Station Park.

Loan spells at St Johnstone and Dunfermline Athletic followed before McGregor became a first-team regular at Rangers in 2006/07, making 42 appearances that year in all competitions.

The following season the talented shotstopper was instrumental in the Champions League and UEFA Cup run to Manchester under Walter Smith, with his incredible one-handed save in Bremen in the second leg of the Last 16 stage one of the highlights from that European campaign.

McGregor also performed heroics in the 2008 Scottish League Cup Final against Dundee United, saving two penalties in a dramatic shootout which finished 3-2 to the Gers at Hampden, before he went on to claim three league titles in a row in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

After the club’s stunning 5-1 win over Kilmarnock which clinched the SPL title at Rugby Park on the final day of the 2010/11 campaign, McGregor signed a six-year deal.

After 278 appearances for the club spanning a decade, the Scotland star then moved to Besiktas in Turkey before joining Hull City for £1.5 million a year later.

McGregor got a taste of Premier League football in 2013/14 and 2014/15 before the Tigers were relegated to the Championship and a back injury which required surgery meant he missed the first half of the 2016/17 season before he joined Cardiff City on loan.

With injuries to David Marshall and the sale of Eldin Jakupovic, McGregor regained the number one spot at the start of 2017/18 and his consistent performances and 12 clean sheets earned him the club’s Player of the Year award which was selected by head coach Nigel Adkins.

Now 36 and back at Rangers, Greegsy – as he is known – has 38 caps for Scotland and on Monday was picked by Alex McLeish for forthcoming friendlies against Peru and Mexico.[/article]

[article]ALLAN McGREGOR today became Steven Gerrard’s second Rangers signing, with the new manager thrilled to have the goalkeeper on-board.

Gerrard, who will officially begin his managerial duties on June 1, adds McGregor to Scott Arfield, who signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues on Monday.

It’s a been a great start to the new boss’ business, and McGregor’s qualities made the decision to sign him a no-brainer for Gerrard.

He said: “I am delighted to confirm Allan as my second signing this summer as we continue preparations for next season.

“I have played against Allan a number of times in my own career and I know just how fierce a competitor he can be.

“He is a Rangers supporter who rose through the ranks here, so having someone with such a depth of feeling towards the club is another great asset to the squad.”[/article]

Last edited:
Marcel Brands - Director of Football (Everton)

[article]Marcel Brands has outlined his ideas and ambitions for Everton having joined the Club as Director of Football.

The Dutchman, 56, has established a reputation for developing players and building clubs, overseeing PSV Eindhoven’s charge to the Eredivisie title in three of the past four seasons having previously been instrumental in transforming the fortunes of RKC Waalwijk and AZ Alkmaar.

In his role as technical director at RKC Waalwijk, he appointed Martin Jol as manager in 1998 and, despite operating on one of the lowest budgets in the Eredivisie, RKC rose to within touching distance of qualification for European football.

In 2005 Brands assumed a similar role at AZ Alkmaar and, working with Louis van Gaal, consolidated on second and third-place finishes in 2006 and 2007 respectively to secure the Eredivisie title in 2009.

Playing fluid, passing football, AZ became the first Dutch side outside the traditional ‘Big Three’ powerhouses of Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven to win the title in 28 years.

In 2010 Brands was lured to PSV and tasked with refocussing the team’s transfer strategy and underperforming academy while extending the scouting network.

Building one of the youngest teams ever to win the Eredivisie, Brands has helped PSV to sustained success with back-to-back titles in 2014/15 and 2015/16 followed up with the Dutch team’s 24th Eredivisie title this season, clinched with an emphatic 3-0 home win over Ajax.

“It is a privilege to be joining Everton as Director of Football and I am incredibly excited to take on this challenge,” said Brands.

“The fantastic passion of the fans for their Club, the magnificent history of the Club over the years and the ambition and purpose we have as people tasked with driving the Club forward all mean that we need to be competing for honours against the Premier League elite.

“It is no straightforward challenge but this must be our motivation each and every day.

“I am looking forward to working with Farhad Moshiri and Chairman Bill Kenwright, whom I thank for entrusting me with this role and responsibility, and I am also looking forward to working with the Board of Directors and with our new CEO, Denise Barrett-Baxendale. I know we have very committed people here who want only the best for Everton.

“It is only a challenge such as this which could have persuaded me to leave PSV where I am indebted to the many people whose collective effort led to some great achievements.

“Now we will look to build something really strong and lasting here at Everton.”

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, added: “Marcel’s record of achievement has cemented his reputation across Europe and I am extremely pleased that we will be bringing his drive, energy and expertise to Everton.

“It was clear to me in our conversations that he shares in the vision we have for the Club and he has much to contribute in making us better and more equipped to challenge the top teams in the Premier League.”

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “I would like to welcome Marcel to Everton Football Club and I’m looking forward to working with him. His successful track record is there for all to see and having him here to help lead Everton forward is something which I’m sure will excite all Evertonians.”

Everton Director, Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale, said: “I’m very much looking forward to working closely with Marcel whose experience in the areas of player recruitment and development pathways for young players has forged an outstanding reputation in European football. I know that Marcel will bring an unsurpassed level of quality and prowess to his work at Everton.

“Chief among my priorities is to structure and resource our Club to enable us to fully achieve our ambitions. We will work alongside Marcel on the recruitment of a new manager, which is now our biggest focus.”

Marcel replaces Steve Walsh who joined the Club in July 2016. Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale added: “On behalf of the Board and Mr Moshiri, I’d also like to express our thanks to Steve Walsh, our first ever Director of Football, who has now left the Club. We all wish Steve well for his future.”[/article]

Diego Maradona - Dynamo Brest (Chairman)

[article]Diego Maradona’s career took another surprise turn late on Tuesday when he was announced as chairman of Belarusian club Dynamo Brest.

The Argentine, 57, left Fujairah on April 27 after failing to guide the UAE second-tier side to automatic promotion to the Arabian Gulf League. Fujairah clinched a place in the top flight earlier this week by coming through a play-off with Hatta.

Maradona was linked initially with a return to the Fujairah hot-seat in a frenzied few days following his departure, but has now made the unlikely move to board level at Brest. The club, eighth in this season’s Belarusian Premier League, have given him a contract through to 2021.

Confirming the appointment on social media, Brest tweeted: “Yes, Diego is with us. Legendary football player Diego Armando Maradona signed a three-year contract with the football club, Dynamo Brest, and took office as chairman of the club’s board.

“Diego Maradona will be involved in issues of strategic development of the club, as well as interacting with all its structural units, including the children’s academy.”

Brest, who won the Belarusian Cup last year and its Super Cup in March
, said Maradona will be officially introduced as chairman at Emirates Palace hotel in Abu Dhabi. Details of the news conference to be released “shortly”.

Having enjoyed a varied career since he retired from playing, Maradona posted on Instagram: “I am president of the club, Dynamo Brest. Thanks for the trust and for thinking of me.”

Maradona, a Fifa World Cup winner with Argentina, was appointed as Fujairah manager last May with the objective of leading the club into the Arabian Gulf League. He had previously managed Al Wasl, but was dismissed in July 2012, midway through a two-year contract.[/article]

That's pitiful. He is literally selling his great name for a few Belorussian rubles. He could have done so, so much better if he had just an ounce of actual management skills and judgement.

Steve Walsh was meant to be some find amazing talent kind of Dof wasnt he? That Everton squad look fucking awful.

Steve Walsh was meant to be some find amazing talent kind of Dof wasnt he? That Everton squad look fucking awful.

He was a scout at Leicester, and took the credit for finding Mahrez, Kante and Vardy.

Not sure what made him a suitable DOF, as a scout is all he's ever been. And while those names above are indeed very impressive, and all great players, I think the list of his less successful scouted signings would be a lot fucking longer.

That's pitiful. He is literally selling his great name for a few Belorussian rubles. He could have done so, so much better if he had just an ounce of actual management skills and judgement.
So he couldnt have done any better then? As he doesnt have any skill as a manager.

A very ‘If my aunt had nuts’ post

Janis Blaswich - Heracles Almelo

[article]Goalkeeper Janis Blaswich has left Borussia to join Dutch Eredivisie side Heracles Almelo. The 27-year old was out on loan to third division side Hansa Rostock this season.

Blaswich has signed a three-year contract with Heracles Almelo with the option to stay for another season.
“I am pleased that this move has gone through. My goal has always been to play at the highest level possible. The Dutch Eredivisie is one of the best European leagues and now I want to prove what I am capable of at this level,” said Blaswich.

Blaswich joined Mönchengladbach in 2007 from his home club VfR Mehrhoog. He played in the youth set-up until 2009 when he moved into the U23 squad. He made 125 appearances for Borussia Mönchengladbach U23s in the Regional League West. The goalkeeper was promoted to the first-team squad in 2011 and has regularly featured on the bench since then. He joined Dynamo Dresden on loan for the entire 2015/16 season. He missed most of the 2017/18 season due to injury, but featured for Hansa Rostock on loan in its latter stages.[/article]

Andy Yiadom - Reading (free transfer)

[article]Reading Football Club are pleased to announce that Barnsley captain Andy Yiadom has agreed to join the Royals on a deal until the summer of 2022, which will make him our first signing of the upcoming transfer window.

The Ghana international right-back, 26, will officially become a member of the Royals’ squad at the expiration of his contract at Oakwell on July 1st. Less than a fortnight has passed since the end of last season, and everything is already in place to complete our first piece of business this summer!

Reading manager Paul Clement said: “I’m very happy that Andy is joining Reading as my first signing. He is someone that I’ve known for a while, and whose progress I was tracking when I was at Swansea.

“Andy comes here with valuable experience of the Championship – he’s a good age at 26, and he has the right desires and ambitions which will help us to move forward with this club.”

Yiadom has built his footballing CV with a climb through the divisions in his career so far. Having started through the youth system at Watford, he made his start in senior football at Hayes & Yeading United in the Conference Premier – with an impressive season seeing him snapped up by league rivals, Braintree Town, while still a teenager.

After scoring an impressive eight times from full-back in a standout season with Braintree, he got his first Football League move – with Barnet calling for his services.

He gradually forced his way into the first team picture at Underhill – initially in midfield and then in defence – and ultimately proved to be a key cog in the Barnet squad in his four seasons there, which included a move to their new stadium at The Hive.

Yiadom became a mainstay in the Bees’ defence that earned promotion back to League Two in 2014/15 – and in their first season back in the EFL, he would be promoted to the position of club captain.

Standout performances made the Londoner a sought-after player – so a move to Oakwell followed when Barnsley were recruiting for their return to the Championship in 2016. Yiadom settled straight into the Tykes’ side, with his form warranting a first senior call-up to the Ghana national team in 2017!

A second campaign with Barnsley followed with the full-back making more than 60 appearances across his two seasons in South Yorkshire where again his leadership qualities would be rewarded with the captain’s armband.

And now, after fending off competition for his signature, we’re delighted to be able to welcome Andy to RG2.

Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said: “We are delighted to have everything in place to complete our first signing of the summer, as we begin to assemble our squad for the upcoming season. Andy is a player who has shown his quality in the Championship and will be a hugely welcome addition to Reading Football Club, and we are delighted that Andy sees Reading as the right fit for him too.”

Technical Director Brian Tevreden added: “Andy is a player that we have been tracking for a long time and have worked hard to sign, so it is really pleasing to finally be able to welcome him to Reading. Andy’s qualities stood out to us – his ability as an athletic and technical footballer, his potential to keep improving his game, as well his leadership abilities. These assets are very valuable to a football club and we look forward to welcoming him to Hogwood when pre-season preparations begin.”[/article]

Ryan Ledson - Preston North End (undisclosed fee)

[article]Preston North End have agreed a deal to sign Oxford United’s Ryan Ledson.

The England youth international midfielder will sign a three-year deal ready to join up with the Lilywhites when they return for pre-season training at the end of June.

The club will pay an undisclosed fee for the 20-year-old former Everton player, who scooped the player of the year, young player of the year and goal of the season awards at the U’s end of season gala event.

Speaking about the latest addition to his squad, manager Alex Neil said: “He had a great upbringing when he was at Everton as a kid and he has come through the England ranks as well. He has played 100 league games and he is only 20 years of age and he has played at a good level.

“I think it is a great signing for us. I think he has a bright future ahead of him and I think he is the right type of character we want at the club as well. We are losing one of these type of characters in John Welsh and I think we are replacing him with a younger version who can hopefully go and kick on and have a great career.”

The club failed in a bid to bring Ryan to the club in January’s transfer window, but he was delighted to be able to conclude a deal and to return to his native north west.

He said: “I am really looking forward to joining the club. I know there was interest in January and there were a few bids made, but now it has finally got over the line and I can’t wait to get started.

“In the last two years I have played in League Two and League One and now I am going to go and play in the Championship, which will be tough, but hopefully I will adapt to it and play a few games.”[/article]

Jamie Murphy - Rangers (undisclosed fee)

[article]RANGERS are delighted to confirm today that Jamie Murphy has joined the club on a permanent contract.

Murphy joined the club in January on loan and has now penned a three-year contract at the Club for an undisclosed fee.

The Scottish international signed for the Gers on loan on January 6th and immediately Joined the rest of the squad on their mid-season trip to play at the Florida Cup.

Murphy made his competitive debut for the Light Blues against Aberdeen in the same month before scoring his first Gers goal in February against Ayr United in the Scottish Cup.

The winger has played nineteen matches for the club, scoring 5 goals, including one against Hearts at the end of February which was voted Goal of the Year by fans, his first at Ibrox.

Speaking to the club website, Murphy said: “I’m delighted to make my move to Rangers permanent. This club means a lot to me and it already feels like home.

“Whilst I’m naturally disappointed we didn’t complete the objectives that we set for ourselves last season, I am more determined than ever to help this club to be a success.

Gers manager Steven Gerrard added: “It’s more good news for the club that Jamie has committed his future to us ahead of the new campaign.

“He had an impressive start to his Rangers career in the second half of last season and we hope to see him continue to grow at the club next season and beyond.”
[/article]

Keanan Bennetts - Borussia Mönchengladbach (undisclosed fee)

[article]Gladbach have completed the signing of England youth international Keanan Bennetts from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 19-year-old winger has agreed a contract with the Foals until 2022. “Keanan can play a variety of attacking roles,” said sporting director Max Eberl. “He has played for Spurs in the Premier League 2 and in the UEFA Youth League this season, and we back him to make the step up to the Bundesliga. We’re delighted he has chosen to sign for Borussia.”

Though born in England, Bennett has German roots, with his mother originally from Hamburg. He was also raised bilingual.
“Borussia is one of Germany’s biggest teams. I’m really looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere at BORUSSIA-PARK,” said Bennetts.
[/article]

Steve McClaren - Queens Park Rangers (Manager)

[article]QPR have appointed Steve McClaren as the club's new manager. The 57-year-old has agreed a two-year contract at Loftus Road.

McClaren previously worked with QPR as a first-team coach between July and September 2013
, setting the foundations in place for what proved to be a successful season for the club.

The R’s went on to achieve promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs, overcoming McClaren’s Derby County in the final at Wembley.

McClaren told www.qpr.co.uk: “It’s great to be back – and it’s a challenge that I’m excited by.

“I must admit that I’ve followed the club closely over the last five years, because of the three months I had here. From the outside, I’ve seen the progress, work and changes that have gone on – especially over the last two years – in streamlining the squad and getting the budget down. The Board and owners deserve credit for that

“The introduction of younger players has been a breath of fresh air and it’s exciting for the future.

“I like to play attractive, attacking football – and we’ve got young, hungry footballers here who can play that way.

“The priority is to win football matches – but we want to win them in a certain style.”

Director of Football Les Ferdinand added: “We are delighted to bring Steve to the club.

“He has a fantastic reputation in the game for coaching and developing players. When you look at the average age of our squad, and the exciting young talent starting to emerge, he is the perfect fit for us.

“We want Steve to use his expertise and experience to help our players grow.

“We are delighted with this appointment and, speaking with Steve, I know how excited he is to be here and how determined he is to be a success.”

A further announcement regarding McClaren’s backroom staff will be made in due course.[/article]

Keanan Bennetts - Borussia Mönchengladbach (undisclosed fee)

[article]Gladbach have completed the signing of England youth international Keanan Bennetts from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 19-year-old winger has agreed a contract with the Foals until 2022. “Keanan can play a variety of attacking roles,” said sporting director Max Eberl. “He has played for Spurs in the Premier League 2 and in the UEFA Youth League this season, and we back him to make the step up to the Bundesliga. We’re delighted he has chosen to sign for Borussia.”

Though born in England, Bennett has German roots, with his mother originally from Hamburg. He was also raised bilingual.
“Borussia is one of Germany’s biggest teams. I’m really looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere at BORUSSIA-PARK,” said Bennetts.
[/article]

Borussia Mönchengladbach have clearly been on a massive charm offensive with the agents of top British yoots.

Marwin Hitz - Dortmund (free transfer)

[article]Borussia Dortmund have secured their first new signing ahead of the 2018/19 season: goalkeeper Marwin Hitz. The 30-year-old Swiss shot-stopper, who joins the club on a free transfer from FC Augsburg, has signed a contract with the Black & Yellows until 2021.

Hitz knows the Bundesliga very well, having kept goal for FCA for the last five seasons and helped the club establish itself in the top flight with consistently reliable performances between the sticks. Prior to moving to Bavaria Hitz had spent five years at VfL Wolfsburg, where he was part of a Swiss goalkeeping duo alongside compatriot Diego Benaglio. That will again be the case in Dortmund, where Hitz will be in the same squad as Roman Bürki, another shot-stopper from his homeland.

BVB Sporting Director Michael Zorc said: "We're delighted that we've managed to sign a very experienced goalkeeper in Marwin Hitz, who has proven his ability at the high level of the Bundesliga over the course of many years."

On signing the deal, Hitz said: "After five very special years at FC Augsburg on both a sporting and personal level, I wanted to experience something different. I'm looking forward to the challenge of a club as big as BVB and especially to the Champions League matches."[/article]

Ricardo Pereira - Leicester (€20m + add ons up to €5m)

[article]Leicester City have agreed terms with FC Porto for the transfer of defender Ricardo Pereira.

Ricardo, 24, arrived in Leicester on Saturday to finalise personal terms on a five-year contract and complete a medical.

His move to City will be complete when international transfer clearance is received on 9 June.

He will report for international duty this week, having been named alongside Adrien Silva in Portugal’s 23-man squad for this summer’s World Cup in Russia.

The 24-year-old right-back, who can also operate as a winger, made 43 appearances for Porto in all competitions this season, including seven in the UEFA Champions League, and helped the side to their 28th Portuguese league title this month.

Capped by Portugal for the first time in 2015, the speedy defender is strong both defensively and offensively, and has built an impressive reputation in Europe for his performances in recent seasons.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Ricardo said: “I feel very happy to be here and I can’t wait to do my best to help the team. The atmosphere, the fans and the football of the Premier League makes it the best in the world. I am here to support the team and to help the Club to achieve its goals.”

Leicester City Manager Claude Puel said: “I’m delighted to have a player of Ricardo’s quality on board for next season. I remember him well from my time at Nice.”

Born in Lisbon, Ricardo’s football career began at Futebol Benfica in 2001, before his promising displays saw him move to Sporting CP and then Vitória Guimarães in 2011.

It was in Guimarães that his senior career began, making his first-team debut in the Primeira Liga in April 2012.

He won the Portuguese Cup with the Minho Province side in 2012/13, scoring six goals in as many games, including the winner in the Cup Final.

Ricardo signed for Porto a year later and continued his development on loan with Nice for two seasons in Ligue 1 from 2015, during which time Claude Puel was managing the French side.

He made 50 league appearances for Nice, scoring two goals, and featured for them in the UEFA Europa League five times.

The Portuguese international won 35 caps for his country at youth level, scoring 12 goals, and received his first senior call-up in 2015.

Upon the conclusion of Portugal’s involvement in the World Cup, Ricardo will report with his new Leicester City team-mates to begin preparations for the 2018/19 Premier League season.[/article]

Last edited:
Ebuehi - Benfica

[article]
Portuguese giants Benfica have completed the signing of Nigeria international defender Tyronne Ebuehi from Dutch club ADO Den Haag.

The 22-year-old, who spent five years at The Hague, joins on a five-year deal.

"It is a feeling of great happiness to join a massive club like Benfica," Ebuehi told the club's official website.

"It's a dream come true and a big step in my young career.

"Benfica is a great club with excellent facilities and is known all over the world.

"The fact that the club plays on the big stage was very appealing to me. In fact, it was very easy to choose Benfica."

Ebuehi began his professional career at ADO Den Haag and scored once in 82 appearances for the club.

The right-back was born in the Netherlands to a Dutch mother and Nigerian father.

He was eligible to play for the country of his birth but opted to play for Nigeria, making his debut against Togo in June 2017.

Ebuehi has played four times for the Super Eagles and is included in Nigeria's 30-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

[/article]

Odisseas Vlachodimos - Benfica (€2.5m)

[article]Benfica have completed the signing of 24yo goalkeeper Odisseas Vlachodimos (@vlachOD1mos) from Panathinaikos. He has agreed a 5-year contract and is believed to have cost around 2.5m euros. The German/Greek shot-stopper represented Germany at international youth level.[/article]

Clint Hill, Steve Eyre - Fleetwood Town

[article]Fleetwood Town can confirm that Clint Hill and Steve Eyre have joined the club’s first team backroom staff.

Both Hill and Eyre will become part of new Head Coach Joey Barton’s coaching team, starting work on June 2nd ahead of pre-season training later in the month.

39-year-old Hill joins the club after a decorated playing career with over 650 senior appearances at various clubs including Queens Park Rangers, Crystal Palace, Tranmere Rovers, Carlisle United and Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers.

The former defender played with Barton at QPR, and will take up his first coaching role alongside his former Loftus Road teammate.

Eyre joins the Cod Army with a wealth of coaching experience in England. He enjoyed a 21-year spell at Manchester City where he was part of the elite coaching team which guided their youngsters to winning five league titles and the 2008 FA Youth Cup.

Eyre was previously the manager at Rochdale, as well as three spells as Caretaker Manager and First Team Coach at Huddersfield Town and most recently, Chesterfield.

The pair will join up with the existing backroom staff at the club ahead of the new 2018/19 Sky Bet League One season.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom