• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossi

Active
How will this mess he caused play out from now on?

I think he´s a cunt, especially after his doctor speaking about stress causing him his back problems. What a load o bull. Yes, I feel betrayed but I guess IF he plays well for a few games all will be forgotten (but he is a cunt).

We start a gofundme to build that statue he wants?

He is a cunt, a low cowardly cunt. But that's football, if he accepts the situation and gets on with it the fair enough he's quality and he should play. On the other hand I don't give 2 fucks about him now, he's in the pile of cunts players with Torres Masher and Suarez who are all dead to me now and if Barca want to pay through the nose for him next summer so be it.

I'd start him against city. He loves city. 3 man midfield with him, hendo and can.

I'd start him against city. He loves city. 3 man midfield with him, hendo and can.

No way we should bench Gini for Coutinho at this stage.

One has been brilliant of late whereas the other has acted a bit of a cunt and really need to show his true colours in training before getting anywhere near the starting line-up..

I'm gutted. I genuinely thought he was different.

There was a daft video by Dejan, Gruijic and Markovic last year where they contacted Coutinho to play a prank on him. It was Some bullshit about Dejan needing a lift because his car was broke.. dunno if anyone else saw it? however Coutinho didn't question it and simply wanted to help, he came across as a top bloke (naive but nice).

That, along with his comments last year about statues and how happy he was living in Liverpool made me believe that he wasn't such a fucker.

His head was turned and people are pissed, some damn good propaganda is now required... but the truth will set him free! If he comes out, apologises for his behavior, siting some deep inherent urge to play for Barcelona but has realised that he was wrong in his actions. Promises to do everything he can to help us achieve our goals and to show the fans that he owes us for our years of unwavering support, when he was an inconsistent fucking liability on the field. I want to like him again :( I just don't know if I can.

Will he come back from Brazil ?

He will, he was dropped from the starting line up because he's not match fit. He played his hand, we called his bluff, it's over. If he wants to play for Brazil in next years world cup he has to not just come back but earn a place in a team that's been scoring for fun without him.

All will be forgotten about his cuntness once the window slams shut and he's here. We can then deal with flogging him at the end of the season and replacing him with players that want to be here.

His head was turned and people are pissed, some damn good propaganda is now required... but the truth will set him free! If he comes out, apologises for his behavior, siting some deep inherent urge to play for Barcelona but has realised that he was wrong in his actions. Promises to do everything he can to help us achieve our goals and to show the fans that he owes us for our years of unwavering support, when he was an inconsistent fucking liability on the field. I want to like him again :( I just don't know if I can.

He - or most players, really - is never going to feel the same way about Liverpool that you do. So, as fans, we just need to accept that and move on. It's not personal.

VVD has just done the same at Soton but he would have been welcomed with open arms here. So, this isn't about character per se, it's about betrayal of Liverpool. Why would you expect players to have the same feelings towards the club as you do? Mostly they don't, and mostly they never will.

Last edited:
Don't care who you are, if some gorgeous unobtainable superstar bird you've always fancied suddenly asked you to run off with her, it would put strain on your existing relationship. And when that turned out to be impossible, you'd probably try dead hard to unburnerise any bridges. I reckon we all just try to forget about it and have a cuddle.

No way we should bench Gini for Coutinho at this stage.

One has been brilliant of late whereas the other has acted a bit of a cunt and really need to show his true colours in training before getting anywhere near the starting line-up..
We're away from home. When has Wijnaldum shown anything much away from home? Coutinho is a playmaker, match winner and seems to have a knack of scoring against city. To not play him would be thinking with your heart rather than your head. You don't have to like him, but we still need him.

From the Independent:

Five years separates two stories involving the same characters; one prevalent in this country, the another not so well known. They are tales that go some way towards explaining why Barcelona were so forceful in their attempt to sign Philippe Coutinho but ultimately, why their attempt will prove not to be quite forceful enough.

It was in July 2012 when Pep Segura, then the technical manager at Liverpool’s academy, ended his three-year association at the club after previously being told by Liverpool’s owner, John W. Henry, he had earned a promotion.

Before Brendan Rodgers became Liverpool’s manager, Henry and Segura held a three-hour meeting and it was concluded that Segura would become Liverpool’s new sporting director, filling the administrative space left behind by Damien Comolli’s sacking a few months earlier.

Rodgers, though, had other ideas, insisting his own appointment would not involve another tier of management above him. For Segura – a decent man, and someone respected inside Liverpool particularly for his contribution towards the development of Raheem Sterling – there was reasonable embarrassment when he arrived at Melwood for the start of pre-season training only to find out then there would be no place for him in the new set-up.

pep-segura.jpg

Pep Segura was earmarked to be Liverpool's sporting director

Despite his efforts to contact Henry about his proposed fresh responsibilities, the line of communication had gone stone cold since Rodgers’s arrival. Though he expected that plans had changed, Segura was upset and angry that he had found out this way and so, on that July morning, rather than driving to the academy in Kirkby as he had been told to by Rodgers, he resigned on the spot – though the announcement of his departure was made a month later.

Those who knew Segura best from his time at Liverpool describe him as a professional and so, his hurt was understandable considering he had been treated without the necessary level of respect. Sources in Catalonia, meanwhile, say Segura has a long memory. Now Barcelona’s general manager having returned to the club where he built his coaching reputation, and as the person overseeing player recruitment, it is told he has viewed the signing of Coutinho as a personal mission.

philippe-coutinho.jpg

Coutinho is seen as a successor to Iniesta by those at Barca (Getty)

While Coutinho is seen as a long-term successor for the fading Andrés Iniesta, the whiplash of his own departure from Liverpool still stings and it is said he would like nothing better than to expose Fenway Sports Group’s collective stance over Coutinho’s future as total mush.

It was a small but significant detail when Fenway released a “definitive” statement earlier this month, outlining that Coutinho would not be sold, this was not a statement released by Liverpool FC but by its ownership group, a statement, indeed, that was not signed off by any person in particular as they often are when something important is announced.

Hour-by-hour, day-to-day, week-to-week, Henry does not have much involvement in the decision-making processes at the club and instead, key issues are dealt with by Jürgen Klopp, Michael Edwards, Liverpool’s sporting director, and Mike Gordon, Fenway’s president.

Henry only intervenes when he really needs to and this was one of his calls. Before Coutinho had submitted his transfer request, Henry knew that his scan, taken on Tuesday August 8, for mysterious back strain had returned without obvious signs of injury. He knew as well that two days later a 3pm meeting involving Edwards and Coutinho’s representatives had not gone well at all. Any owner of a well-run football club should also be informed and be able to imagine what might follow when a star player signs a new five year-contract – as Coutinho did in January – but proceeds to only agree a short-term lease on his home, especially when it has already been reported that Barcelona are interested in him.

Those that have dealt with Henry regularly know how he is capable of brain lapses, instances where he has appeared completely engrossed on a subject one moment and unreachable the next. Particularly relating to Liverpool matters, perhaps living on the other side of an ocean while running a business empire where Anfield forms only a part of his thoughts contributes towards the way he approaches things. Perhaps, indeed, this is why Segura found himself isolated very quickly from what seemed a position of promise.

Henry’s distance from Merseyside has not helped in the past because he has not been around to cast judgements for himself. He has instead relied on the opinions of his appointments, which have been bad ones too often – meaning that he has only acted when it has been too late, contributing towards a generally negative impression of his and Fenway’s intentions.

Having decided that Coutinho would stay, he could not afford to back down particularly when the transfer market did not map out exactly the way Liverpool or its febrile supporter base would have wanted in terms of incomings. Fenway have been determined to change Liverpool’s reputation and by not relenting to Coutinho’s wishes, for the time being at least, it sends a message to their own players as well as rivals that this is not a selling club.

Any other outcome would have been received as deception and from then on, it is hard to see how any of the messages coming out of Liverpool would ever be trusted again.

When is the little rat due back? Have Brazil got another game in this stupid international break?

I ask this as I am more interested in when Firmino will be back, taking the City game into account

From the Independent:

Five years separates two stories involving the same characters; one prevalent in this country, the another not so well known. They are tales that go some way towards explaining why Barcelona were so forceful in their attempt to sign Philippe Coutinho but ultimately, why their attempt will prove not to be quite forceful enough.

It was in July 2012 when Pep Segura, then the technical manager at Liverpool’s academy, ended his three-year association at the club after previously being told by Liverpool’s owner, John W. Henry, he had earned a promotion.

Before Brendan Rodgers became Liverpool’s manager, Henry and Segura held a three-hour meeting and it was concluded that Segura would become Liverpool’s new sporting director, filling the administrative space left behind by Damien Comolli’s sacking a few months earlier.

Rodgers, though, had other ideas, insisting his own appointment would not involve another tier of management above him. For Segura – a decent man, and someone respected inside Liverpool particularly for his contribution towards the development of Raheem Sterling – there was reasonable embarrassment when he arrived at Melwood for the start of pre-season training only to find out then there would be no place for him in the new set-up.

pep-segura.jpg

Pep Segura was earmarked to be Liverpool's sporting director

Despite his efforts to contact Henry about his proposed fresh responsibilities, the line of communication had gone stone cold since Rodgers’s arrival. Though he expected that plans had changed, Segura was upset and angry that he had found out this way and so, on that July morning, rather than driving to the academy in Kirkby as he had been told to by Rodgers, he resigned on the spot – though the announcement of his departure was made a month later.

Those who knew Segura best from his time at Liverpool describe him as a professional and so, his hurt was understandable considering he had been treated without the necessary level of respect. Sources in Catalonia, meanwhile, say Segura has a long memory. Now Barcelona’s general manager having returned to the club where he built his coaching reputation, and as the person overseeing player recruitment, it is told he has viewed the signing of Coutinho as a personal mission.

philippe-coutinho.jpg

Coutinho is seen as a successor to Iniesta by those at Barca (Getty)

While Coutinho is seen as a long-term successor for the fading Andrés Iniesta, the whiplash of his own departure from Liverpool still stings and it is said he would like nothing better than to expose Fenway Sports Group’s collective stance over Coutinho’s future as total mush.

It was a small but significant detail when Fenway released a “definitive” statement earlier this month, outlining that Coutinho would not be sold, this was not a statement released by Liverpool FC but by its ownership group, a statement, indeed, that was not signed off by any person in particular as they often are when something important is announced.

Hour-by-hour, day-to-day, week-to-week, Henry does not have much involvement in the decision-making processes at the club and instead, key issues are dealt with by Jürgen Klopp, Michael Edwards, Liverpool’s sporting director, and Mike Gordon, Fenway’s president.

Henry only intervenes when he really needs to and this was one of his calls. Before Coutinho had submitted his transfer request, Henry knew that his scan, taken on Tuesday August 8, for mysterious back strain had returned without obvious signs of injury. He knew as well that two days later a 3pm meeting involving Edwards and Coutinho’s representatives had not gone well at all. Any owner of a well-run football club should also be informed and be able to imagine what might follow when a star player signs a new five year-contract – as Coutinho did in January – but proceeds to only agree a short-term lease on his home, especially when it has already been reported that Barcelona are interested in him.

Those that have dealt with Henry regularly know how he is capable of brain lapses, instances where he has appeared completely engrossed on a subject one moment and unreachable the next. Particularly relating to Liverpool matters, perhaps living on the other side of an ocean while running a business empire where Anfield forms only a part of his thoughts contributes towards the way he approaches things. Perhaps, indeed, this is why Segura found himself isolated very quickly from what seemed a position of promise.

Henry’s distance from Merseyside has not helped in the past because he has not been around to cast judgements for himself. He has instead relied on the opinions of his appointments, which have been bad ones too often – meaning that he has only acted when it has been too late, contributing towards a generally negative impression of his and Fenway’s intentions.

Having decided that Coutinho would stay, he could not afford to back down particularly when the transfer market did not map out exactly the way Liverpool or its febrile supporter base would have wanted in terms of incomings. Fenway have been determined to change Liverpool’s reputation and by not relenting to Coutinho’s wishes, for the time being at least, it sends a message to their own players as well as rivals that this is not a selling club.

Any other outcome would have been received as deception and from then on, it is hard to see how any of the messages coming out of Liverpool would ever be trusted again.

Coutinho, no matter how thick he is, must get that he put the club in an impossible situation, and in the context of all future dealings and game theory and whatever else the only option was to keep him.

He - or most players, really - is never going to feel the same way about Liverpool that you do. So, as fans, we just need to accept that and move on. It's not personal.

VVD has just done the same at Soton but he would have been welcomed with open arms here. So, this isn't about character per se, it's about betrayal of Liverpool. But why would you expect players to have the same feelings towards the club as you do? Mostly they don't, and mostly they never will.

I would feel very ashamed if I´d do a similar thing to my employer and co-workers (and in Coutinhos case also fans) going back to work on Monday. If he doesn´t, well then he is an even bigger idiot. It´s (only) football, money and dreams, I know that, but even so: We gave him a new start to his career, he signed a new contract and he behaves like this? It´s fucking personal.

I would feel very ashamed if I´d do a similar thing to my employer and co-workers (and in Coutinhos case also fans) going back to work on Monday. If he doesn´t, well then he is an even bigger idiot. It´s (only) football, money and dreams, I know that, but even so: We gave him a new start to his career, he signed a new contract and he behaves like this? It´s fucking personal.

You'd happily welcome VVD here, right?

It's not personal in the slightest. Just an employed bloke who wants to move to what he believes is a better company.

It's not personal in the slightest. Just an employed bloke who wants to move to what he believes is a better company.

He has been full of shit. I mean we do need to address that. He did sign a five year deal and go on about becoming a legend. Then he did say he'd fallen out with the boss and done his back in. He has been a total mong. But if he accepts that then he's a human and we move on. If he comes back still full of shit, it's a difficult one.

I'm sure if we were an an African side we would have confiscated his passport by now .

Sorry but that doesn´t make any sense. If my girlfriend left me for another guy it wouldn´t be personal for me because the other guy would welcome her with open arms?

Doesn´t matter anyway: He´s a cunt.

Skin him alive. Predator style.. That will teach him, and make other players think twice about handing in a Transfer Request in future.

Cunts dead to me anyway...

I like the thought of him dreading coming back to Liverpool after the international break. I also hope the stress is real and that it affects him so much that his hair falls out and he can't get a hard on anymore. But after that he's paid very well by LFC and he needs to perform when needed on the pitch so grow up you spoilt little shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom