• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Crystal Palace (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECHO

Joel Matip and Lucas Leiva are winning their respective battles to be fit for Liverpool’s Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield on Sunday.
Neither player took part in full training at Melwood on Friday as Jurgen Klopp cranked up preparations for the visit of the Eagles.
Matip and Lucas worked away from the main group with the rehab staff for part of the session but they have made sufficient progress to boost their chances of lining up against Sam Allardyce’s side.

The only bad news is if Lallana gets back into the line up for Lucas. Stability gone.

Lucas would be competing with Can for the deeper role when Lallana returns. It'd be interesting to see who Klopp favours there. I wouldn't say its a guarantee Lucas drops out.

Lucas would be competing with Can for the deeper role when Lallana returns. It'd be interesting to see who Klopp favours there. I wouldn't say its a guarantee Lucas drops out.

Lallana should be competing with Origi for a starting place in the front three. With our side settled at the moment I don't want him coming in and disrupting it.

Last edited:
That says a great deal more about you than it does about him.
OK, having Lucas in midfield to "neutralise" Lukaku was a bad idea, I mean Benteke doesn't really carry the same type of threat.
Let's just disregard CP's aerial threat and put Lallana in midfield. Maybe his persistent turns might distract them from heading the ball.

That's true, but that's the only way he gets into the line up for me.
Nah he's the only player we have that drives forward from midfield. At anfield klopp won't be so defensive so Lucas would get dropped.

OK, having Lucas in midfield to "neutralise" Lukaku was a bad idea, I mean Benteke doesn't really carry the same type of threat.
Let's just disregard CP's aerial threat and put Lallana in midfield. Maybe his persistent turns might distract them from heading the ball.

Maybe you should let go of this determination to see him fail, and quit with the stupid snide degrading of his ability. He's a good player and he's had a very good season. Lucas has had a few good games and you're like a dog with a fucking bone.

I think Can does the job fairly well.
He's ok at it but lallana is easily our best player at it . If he's fit we both know klopp will pick him. Lucas is for a more defensive game, not when we are pushing forward. Plus can does the Lucas role well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He's ok at it but lallana is easily our best player at it . If he's fit we both know klopp will pick him. Lucas is for a more defensive game, not when we are pushing forward. Plus can does the Lucas role well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Can't disagree with that, but our main problems are on the defensive end. That's why I'd choose to sacrifice some of our offence for stability in midfield.

Can't disagree with that, but our main problems are on the defensive end. That's why I'd choose to sacrifice some of our offence for stability in midfield.
I'd agree when we are away from home. But at anfield we need to push forward and take the game to the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom