• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dan Agger - A football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if man city go for him diego then its a fucked up situation as he would have been agger replacement for a lot cheaper. that means if agger does now go we got no one.

Don't think Godin is the only defender in the entire world that can replace Agger if he goes, even though he's the only only being mentioned since the 'Agger leaving' talk began.

Well if man city go for him diego then its a fucked up situation as he would have been agger replacement for a lot cheaper. that means if agger does now go we got no one.
No other club would offer 20m+ for Agger. So it's a moot point.

The bigger picture of Man City signing Diego Godin is that he is Uruguayan and therefore if they ever wanted to tap up Suarez which they may do - it offers them a nice little channel. I was in the minority hoping that we would sell agger for 20M given that he offers a maximum of 30 games a season, and then get this guy who from all reports seems to be a no nonsence ball playing defender much like Agger himself for only 10M. Also it would eliminate the worry of Agger no signing a contract extension and therefore ensures that he does not fuck off next season to Barca when they come calling again - except the offer then will be 7M for his services.

The bigger picture of Man City signing Diego Godin is that he is Uruguayan and therefore if they ever wanted to tap up Suarez which they may do - it offers them a nice little channel. I was in the minority hoping that we would sell agger for 20M given that he offers a maximum of 30 games a season, and then get this guy who from all reports seems to be a no nonsence ball playing defender much like Agger himself for only 10M. Also it would eliminate the worry of Agger no signing a contract extension and therefore ensures that he does not fuck off next season to Barca when they come calling again - except the offer then will be 7M for his services.
Oh no. Not 30 games in a 38 game season, good heavens!

Oh no. Not 30 games in a 38 game season, good heavens!

Onions - I was trying to up the number but I think its more closer to 26 games a season we get from Agger. I bet you he goes off after the first game with an injury. However, the bigger problem in all this is that he has not signed up to a contract extension. Whatever the reason it needs sorting coz I don't think we will get a replacement for him when we only get say 7M for him next season because he has his 'dream' move to Barca.

Onions - I was trying to up the number but I think its more closer to 26 games a season we get from Agger. I bet you he goes off after the first game with an injury. However, the bigger problem in all this is that he has not signed up to a contract extension. Whatever the reason it needs sorting coz I don't think we will get a replacement for him when we only get say 7M for him next season because he has his 'dream' move to Barca.
Who says we actually offered him one?

Anyway, charity tenner says he stays injury free (that is, he doesn't get taken off the pitch due to an injury, not just we're 5-0 up so give Kelly a run around) in our first game then?

I was going to point this out but then I realise that it was Moron

Thats a terrible thing to say considering I have made such a huge contribution to this forum of late. But I take the point that no other club would be offerring 20M+ for him, which begs the question why the fuck did we not sell him then. Basic economics should dictate that the offer made by City was well above the market price for the player (who has not signed a contract), and therefore we should have sold him. I still think the Dane is taking us for a ride, and will hand in a transfer request next season if we don't qualify for the CL.

So, after 23 pages of what a legend he is for getting a tattoo, he now admits he'd jump at the chance of a move to Barca.
Wasn't one of those tattoos you get with a pack of kids chewies was it?

The bigger picture of Man City signing Diego Godin is that he is Uruguayan and therefore if they ever wanted to tap up Suarez which they may do - it offers them a nice little channel.

Maybe we could use Coates to untap him then. Heaven forbid if Napoli decide to tap him up cos they could use Cavani.:eek:
What if Spurs get Ramirez...oh no!!!
Tap, Tap, Tappy all over the place.

So, after 23 pages of what a legend he is for getting a tattoo, he now admits he'd jump at the chance of a move to Barca.

"I can't imagine playing for any other club in England but you never know if the club think it's better to sell. I'd rather stay but that decision is not up to me at the moment."

"There is one club who would make it very difficult for me to stay at Anfield. Barcelona would be great, because they are the best in the world. But I am feeling great where I am. I'm with a special club, and I feel I am influencing what happens on the pitch. I am happy to be a Liverpool player."

I guess you wouldn't class Rushie as a legend? or Stevie? Agger hasn't said much wrong here.

Who says we actually offered him one?

Anyway, charity tenner says he stays injury free (that is, he doesn't get taken off the pitch due to an injury, not just we're 5-0 up so give Kelly a run around) in our first game then?

"The Times" reported it a couple of days ago.

Brendan Rodgers insists Daniel Agger will stay at Liverpool, but can't give the same assurances over Andy Carroll. Premier League champions Manchester City have been linked with a move for Agger but the Reds boss believes the defender's future lies at Anfield. "For me there has been no big change," Rodgers said. "The first point is we don't want to sell him. "Secondly, I believe he will be a player who will thrive in this way of working and thirdly he doesn't want to leave - which is a great help as well. "He is a top player and I want to keep him here. Over the last couple of months we have been able to sell the project and vision to a number of senior players. "They are very happy to move forward with it and I would expect Daniel to be the same" On Carroll, who has been linked with Newcastle and West Ham, Rodgers added: "He knows where he stands. He is an important part of our group and that is how I see it at the moment. "If you are a team that puts crosses in and are firing them in from all angles he is a great player in the box, but if you play a different style it is that much more difficult. "Most managers have a way of playing and a Plan A in terms of the way they want to play. I will always try to make Plan A better before I go to Plan B."

That Rodgers statement really makes it seem that AC is a goner. Oh well.

A few people who have been the match last week changed my mind a bit on him, saying he was running into space & asking for crosses from the wings. Watching in tv I assumed that wasn't the case.

I'm coming round to the idea he may be better off elsewhere. Unfortunately, cos I love him on form, but I prefer Liverpool on form & I fear they may not actually be compatible, as many predicted.

Yeah I think the same FFF. It appears I was wrong about him. Time to cash in. What do you reckon 20mill?

Hi All

Just to keep this topic in the spot light so that some of your hearts do not rule your long-term minds - has Agger agreed to sign an extension to his contract yet ?

Let me repeat like a fucking parrott - if he does not sign an extension we will lose millions if Barca come knocking next season or he decides he has lost the so called 'love' for the club because we did not get a CL place. This situation is a complete mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom