• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

DeAss

Luis Díaz’s father: “There was never anything serious with Real Madrid or Atlético. Liverpool were always more determined and concrete to sign Luis”. “We haven’t lost our hope yet…”. “Luis is playing well and Spanish clubs are always active in the market”

I half suspect Edwards has had a quiet word with Papa Diaz, and is encouraging him to hype up a transfer

I don't see Luis Diaz playing a big role in a Xabi / Amorim team tbh.

Him and Gakpo are the two players I wouldn't mind being sold in the summer if it means the transfer budget increases for the new manager. Diaz has played a major role for us this season but there are better players.
The dickhead father can keep doing what he's doing.

Defo part of a master plan to get Diaz to Barca.

1) kidnap father wearing Liverpool shirts
2) seduce father while wearing Barca kits, via Stockholm syndrome
3) release father with a new attitude towards Barca.

He will need to learn to pass properly if he's going to go to Spain but would bite 100m for him now but doubt we will get that.

Has Diaz performed well whilst at Liverpool? 9 big chances in 3 seasons, its not great
diaz-stats.png

He's a poor finisher, and a poor passer. He's also fairly isolated at times, especially this season when robbo didn't play much.

Has Diaz performed well whilst at Liverpool? 9 big chances in 3 seasons, its not great
diaz-stats.png
We all know his numbers aren’t great or rather his numbers don’t tally up to the output of his all round play. We have the privilege of watching every game so we have a rough idea in our minds what he should be closer to because he is a better player than his stats suggest.

He has had some inexplicable luck go against him this season like in the Spurs game/hitting the post after a great solo run, very fine margins have stopped him creeping into double figures for goals but even if both those instances went his way, we'd still be sat here feeling underwhelmed by him and those sentiments are justified as he's an incredibly frustrating player.

When you isolate and stack his goals and assists this season to other wingers in the Prem/Europe (let's say top 7-8 sides)..….I'd say he's about average. You could argue most our players besides Ali and Virg fall in the same bracket.

In Prem:

Son - 17 goals, 9 assists
Gordon - 11 goals, 10 assists
Diaby - 6 goals, 8 asissts
Diaz - 8 goals, 5 assists
Martinelli - 6 goals, 4 assists
Doku - 3 goals, 7 assists
Rashford - 7 goals, 2 assists
Mudryk - 5 goals, 2 assists

In Europe:

Vini Jr - 15 goals, 5 assists
Leao - 8 goals, 9 assists
Savio- 8 goals, 9 assists
Kvaratskhelia - 10 goals, 6 assists
Fuhrich - 8 goals, 7 assists
Nico Williams - 4 goals, 10 assists
Golovin - 6 goals, 6 assists
Orsolini - 10 goals, 2 assists
Gouiri - 7 goals, 3 assists
Ferran - 7 goals, 2 assists
Berrenguer - 7 goals, 2 assists
Barcola - 4 goals, 7 assists
Olmo - 4 goals, 5 assists
Adeyemi - 3 goals, 1 assists

He's not elite. He's probably not even the level below that. We need better

Do we have stats on number of dribbles from the left into the middle of the pitch, beating 3 men only to lose the ball? Or gets the the byline and skips past a defender to either hit it at the keeper or outside the near post?

We all know his numbers aren’t great or rather his numbers don’t tally up to the output of his all round play. We have the privilege of watching every game so we have a rough idea in our minds what he should be closer to because he is a better player than his stats suggest.

He has had some inexplicable luck go against him this season like in the Spurs game/hitting the post after a great solo run, very fine margins have stopped him creeping into double figures for goals but even if both those instances went his way, we'd still be sat here feeling underwhelmed by him and those sentiments are justified as he's an incredibly frustrating player.

When you isolate and stack his goals and assists this season to other wingers in the Prem/Europe (let's say top 7-8 sides)..….I'd say he's about average. You could argue most our players besides Ali and Virg fall in the same bracket.

In Prem:

Son - 17 goals, 9 assists
Gordon - 11 goals, 10 assists
Diaby - 6 goals, 8 asissts
Martinelli - 6 goals, 4 assists
Doku - 3 goals, 7 assists
Rashford - 7 goals, 2 assists
Mudryk - 5 goals, 2 assists

In Europe:

Vini Jr - 15 goals, 5 assists
Leao - 8 goals, 9 assists
Savio- 8 goals, 9 assists
Kvaratskhelia - 10 goals, 6 assists
Fuhrich - 8 goals, 7 assists
Nico Williams - 4 goals, 10 assists
Golovin - 6 goals, 6 assists
Orsolini - 10 goals, 2 assists
Gouiri - 7 goals, 3 assists
Ferran - 7 goals, 2 assists
Berrenguer - 7 goals, 2 assists
Barcola - 4 goals, 7 assists
Olmo - 4 goals, 5 assists
Adeyemi - 3 goals, 1 assists

Kind of shows the lack of true world-class wingers at the moment. Other than Mbappe and Vini Jr. there is no one comparable to the prime Salah or Bale, let alone Cristiano and Messi.

The things I look for in a winger is an ability to beat a defender on either side, strong hips for quick changes of direction, body strength and balance to ride a challenge, speed to create separation and finally coolness in decision-making once free in space. I can only think of a few current players who fit the bill.

The final stretch of the season was a litmus test for who is good enough and who is not. We choked, especially up front.

Gakpo stepped up.
Jota was in the sick bay. Pity.
Nunez was terrible.
Salah was not himself.
Diaz was, doing Diaz's things of running around and producing nothing.

Diaz had a full season, he's 27. This version of him is as good as we are going to get, and it is not good enough.
His camp seems to want out, which is kind of ungrateful imo. They seem to think he should be at a higher level than where he is currently at?

SELL.

He can take his South America compatriot with him if the price is right.

The things I look for in a winger is an ability to beat a defender on either side, strong hips for quick changes of direction, body strength and balance to ride a challenge, speed to create separation and finally coolness in decision-making once free in space. I can only think of a few current players who fit the bill.
We should re sign John Barnes

The final stretch of the season was a litmus test for who is good enough and who is not. We choked, especially up front.

Gakpo stepped up.
Nunez was terrible.
Salah was not himself.

Diaz had a full season, he's 27. This version of him is as good as we are going to get, and it is not good enough.
His camp seems to want out, which is kind of ungrateful imo. They seem to think he should be at a higher level than where he is currently at?

SELL.

If he wants a higher level why does he want Barcelona 🤷🏾‍♂️? I just think like most south americans they want to play in Spain. Brought up on Spanish teams, similar culture and no language barrier issues. The slower league would suit him as well.

Gakpo stepped up.
Nunez was terrible.
Salah was not himself.

SELL.

Diaz also had a month or so where his father was being held prisoner and a release needed to be negotiated. But of course that had no affect on his performance.

And as his figures above show there are really only 2 players performing at a noticeably higher level. So it's stick or twist.

I wonder why Barca would want him if he's not up to par?

Diaz also had a month or so where his father was being held prisoner and a release needed to be negotiated. But of course that had no affect on his performance.

And as his figures above show there are really only 2 players performing at a noticeably higher level. So it's stick or twist.

I wonder why Barca would want him if he's not up to par?
After this season, and seeing him play game in game out, do you *really* still think he is good enough for us though? If so, why and how?

You can scan through majority of the message boards of various liverpool related sites, nobody is really too fussed with the rumours of him leaving. It's quite telling.

I hope he has a damn fine agent who can get him, and his dad what they want and for us, some serious dough. I can't take another season of the Colombian Milan Baros.

He's not top bracket is he? Good workrate but the end product is no great shakes. A decent offer would be hard to turn down, dependent on who we have our eye on as replacement.

After this season, and seeing him play game in game out, do you *really* still think he is good enough for us though? If so, why and how?

You can scan through majority of the message boards of various liverpool related sites, nobody is really too fussed with the rumours of him leaving. It's quite telling.

I hope he has a damn fine agent who can get him, and his dad what they want and for us, some serious dough. I can't take another season of the Colombian Milan Baros.
I honestly don't know. New manager so different style of play and like I said there is no-one affordable that is an obvious replacement. I do think the kidnapping must have affected him to a degree too. If he went I wouldn't be wringing my hands but ditto if he stays to work with Slot.

Back
Top Bottom