• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

End of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the difference is due to the add-ons. Keeping aside the actual figures, my point being that we have become a lot better at selling our unwanted players. We also turned down approx 12m for Moreno from Napoli last year.
That's true enough.

Is now the time to talk about our dross?

Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Ings?

I will sell all 4.
We know that Sturridge, Mignolet and Can are definitley leaving.

The backup striker position is rather opaque. Solanke, Ings, Brewster, Woodburn. Will Ings stick around ? He may decide, after the CL final (especially if Solanke gets minutes and he doesn't), that there is really no place for him long term and decide a move is in his best interest.
I'm really on the fence re. Solanke too, I was all for giving him time but despite his fine performance yesterday he lacks pace, control and technique, I'm not sold. Though it's clear Klopp really likes him. I'd like to see a strong backup/ competition for Firmino (despite him being one of my favourite players) and we don't have it at the moment.

Will Ward get his chance ? If not, and we buy another keeper, he's off too. I'd like Allison or Pope SvP.

A new LB as backup / competition for Robertson please.

A new CB as backup / competition for Lovren please. I do think Klop sees Gomez as a long term option too.

Midfield is a headache. Milner aging, Can gone, Grujic not ready (and may never be) it seems, Lallana 30-31, Hendo not really up to a 4 competition season, Oxlade out until November and then how then to get match fit/worthy and that leaves Gini and Keita. We need Fekir in addition to Keita and a more defence minded CM, Jorginho or Neves perhaps.

Moreno please just fuck off.

So that's a minimum of 5 high quality, first team worthy, players in addition to Keita. Tall order.

Last edited:

The backup striker position is rather opaque. Solanke, Ings, Brewster, Woodburn. Will Ings stick around ? He may decide, after the CL final (especially if Solanke gets minutes and he doesn't), that there is really no place for him long term and decide a move is in his best interest.
I'm really on the fence re. Solanke too, I was all for giving him time but despite his fine performance yesterday he lacks pace, control and technique, I'm not sold. Though it's clear Klopp really likes him. I'd like to see a strong backup/ competition for Firmino (despite him being one of my favourite players) and we don't have it at the moment.

Will Ward get his chance ? If not, and we buy another keeper, he's off too. I'd like Allison or Pope SvP.

A new CB as backup / competition for Lovren please. I do think Klop sees Gomez as a long term option too.

Midfield is a headache. Milner aging, Can gone, Grujic not ready (and may never be) it seems, Lallana 30-31, Hendo not really up to a 4 competition season and that leaves Gini and Keita. We need Fekir in addition to Keita and a more defence minded CM, Jorginho or Neves perhaps.

So that's a minimum of 5 high quality, first team worthy, players in addition to Keita. Talk order.

The midfield is a big worry. We need to invest heavily there. Hence I hope we og for a cheap (Robertsonlike) solution on a few other Places. We also as pointed out need a strong hard working attacker that can easily fill in for Firmino, and probably a pacey winger to Challenge and back up Our first Choices.

Is there still space for Matip? he tends to be overlooked but was seen as the best partner for Virgil in Jan but has been injured for a while.

When Lovren plays well, he can really impress. I don't think he put a foot wrong on Sunday (admittedly against a team on the back foot throughout) and scored an absolutely imperious header. He looked great, every inch the player for whom we spunked what was a lot of dosh a few years back. However, we all know when it goes wrong for him in a game it seems to snowball into a concatenation of panic inducing errors. Matip is a strange one. His value seemed to be in his steadiness; never capable of incredible heroics as he trotted around the backline, but at the same time, keeping it tidy, making few errors, and if he did, putting it behind him immediately. Before his injury he lost that air of reliability. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to keep between the two now.

Midfield is a headache. Milner aging, Can gone, Grujic not ready (and may never be) it seems, Lallana 30-31, Hendo not really up to a 4 competition season, Oxlade out until November and then how then to get match fit/worthy and that leaves Gini and Keita. We need Fekir in addition to Keita and a more defence minded CM, Jorginho or Neves perhaps.

So that's a minimum of 5 high quality, first team worthy, players in addition to Keita. Tall order.

If Clyne goes we might need a new RB too

When Lovren plays well, he can really impress. I don't think he put a foot wrong on Sunday (admittedly against a team on the back foot throughout) and scored an absolutely imperious header. He looked great, every inch the player for whom we spunked what was a lot of dosh a few years back. However, we all know when it goes wrong for him in a game it seems to snowball into a concatenation of panic inducing errors. Matip is a strange one. His value seemed to be in his steadiness; never capable of incredible heroics as he trotted around the backline, but at the same time, keeping it tidy, making few errors, and if he did, putting it behind him immediately. Before his injury he lost that air of reliability. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to keep between the two now.

Its difficult to choose between the two.
I think we’d benefit of getting in one more CB.
A quality one who can play next to Virgil.

Lovren is to up and down and Matip seem to be forever on the injury list or on the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom