• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs Italy and other quarter-finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh...good. I'm gonna sound educated now when I meet up with my Greek friends.

This Italy team is far more attacking than previous teams, so I can see England having another game like Ukraine and hitting them on the break to win

Italy's Daniele De Rossi hailed England captain Steven Gerrard as his "idol" ahead of their Euro 2012 quarter final clash on Sunday.

De Rossi is wary of the threat that Gerrard poses when they meet on Sunday and admits that he is a fan of the Liverpool man. He also feels that the former England manager Fabio Capello's influence and current manager Roy Hodgson's experience in Italian football will benefit the Three Lions.

"Gerrard has always been my idol, he has been playing at a high level for years," De Rossi told reporters at a press conference, "England are very strong, they have an Italian approach, with a good defence."

Plenty of Gerrard love, Alex Chamberlain also said he's the best england player he's ever seen.

Yeah I loved that clip. Gerrard looked bare embarrassed.

I think England can do Italy. Stevie has struck the ball beautifully on about 4 or 5 efforts on goal. He should have scored against Sweden but, if he now gets it against Italy, I think that will be enough.

Gabby : 'So have you been saving any penalties in training?'

Joe (smiling) : 'Im gonna say I havnt saved one in training because all our lads are brilliant at penalties'

Brilliant.
He talks very well.

Av6fdl9CEAAEUOk.jpg

I think the Italy coach said "Ok 100 push ups" (but in Italian, probably) and Mario just finished way before everyone else.

Legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom