• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

English Boxers over the next few months...

felly

Active
Some big fights coming up for English Boxers over the next few months, how do you see them panning out:

April 25th
Froch - Taylor

May 2nd
Pacquiao - Hatton

June 20th

Haye - Klitschko

June 27th
Khan - Kotelnik

Think im gonna go with Froch, Hatton, Haye and Khan. But to be honest i think either fight could go either way.

Froch versus Taylor will be war from the first bell and is anyone's fight.  I think it'll end early either way.  Forced to make a choice I'd take Taylor, but I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong.

Pacquiao versus Hatton by contrast will probably go the distance IMO.  Ricky has the size advantage but how much did the Mayweather defeat take out of him?  On balance I have a hunch Pacquiao may sneak the decision.

Haye versus Klitschko is the one in which I'm most confident of the British fighter's chances.  Haye is both tough enough and mean enough (not always the same thing) to beat Klitschko and I think he will.  Another one to go the distance IMO.

Khan versus Kotelnik looks like a Khan win at first sight, but two things make me wonder - a bit like Ricky, there's a question in my mind about how much his recent defeat has shaken him, and besides that glass chin worries me.  I've a nasty feeling Khan will be stopped somewhere in the middle of the fight.

Yeah i agree on them points mate. I think Taylor may under-estimate Froch, and Taylor is a big step up for Froch..but expecting a good fight.
Im expecting Hatton to be the pyshicaly strongest fighters Manny has fought, but Pacquiao is such a good fighter nothing would suprise me with him.
I think Wlad Klitschko is the most likely out the 2 brothers that Haye will beat. I can see him winning this one but think Vitali may beat him. Think its a case of lands the biggest shot first.
As you said with Khan, his chin is very worrying. I can seem him out boxing his opponent and troubling him, but one solid shot by Kotelnik could end it!

4 Pretty even fights...looking forward to them.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32697.msg842333#msg842333 date=1239296737]

I think Tyson Fury could make it
[/quote]What did his parents expect him to be? It was either fighter or crime fighting superhero for him from a young age really eh?
His sisters called Chesty la Rue i wonder what she'll do.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=32697.msg842516#msg842516 date=1239359536]
[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32697.msg842333#msg842333 date=1239296737]

I think Tyson Fury could make it
[/quote]What did his parents expect him to be? It was either fighter or crime fighting superhero for him from a young age really eh?
His sisters called Chesty la Rue i wonder what she'll do.
[/quote]

Hahahaha. 'tis true. His dad must've been a proper street-fighting monster & his mum a crack whore with a name like that. "Right my son, you're two now, 'it that copper as 'ard as you can in 'is bonce, I'll lift you up"

massive respect to Haye, he has succumbed to most of the demands by the klitchko crew to make this fight happen - a lot of other fighters would have walked away or not ket their ego accept the klitcko demands. He is going to their own ground and I would love it *keegan style* for him to knock them out. He's got a loud mouth but a punch to go with it,

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=32697.msg844193#msg844193 date=1239644524]
massive respect to Haye, he has succumbed to most of the demands by the klitchko crew to make this fight happen - a lot of other fighters would have walked away or not ket their ego accept the klitcko demands. He is going to their own ground and I would love it *keegan style* for him to knock them out. He's got a loud mouth but a punch to go with it,
[/quote]

But Klitschko's got a bigger punch, whilst they both have equally woeful chins.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=32697.msg844194#msg844194 date=1239644580]
[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=32697.msg844193#msg844193 date=1239644524]
[/quote]

But Klitschko's got a bigger punch, whilst they both have equally woeful chins.
[/quote]

I think Klitchko has got the bigger jab and that will huhrt, but I think Haye has got the more knockout punch factor. He is also more mobile. My fear is that he will be jabbed into tieredness or submission. I feel he will have to unsettle Klitchko a lot to stop a jab rythym from developing and then do land some heaby body blows before a knock out punch. It will be a great fight.

Back
Top Bottom