• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ericksson has cancer

bluebell

Well-Known
Gutted for him and his family. At least he can say he banged Ulrika, who was really sexy at the time
[article]
Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson says he has "best case a year" to live after being diagnosed with cancer.
The 75-year-old Swede was the first foreign coach to manage England and led the side to the quarter-finals of the 2002 and 2006 World Cup and 2004 Euros.
"I'm going to resist for as long as I can," Eriksson told Swedish Radio P1.
"I have an illness that's serious. Best case a year, I have worst case a lot less. It's impossible to say exactly, so it's better to not think about it."
Eriksson, who had a 42-year career in management, learned of his cancer diagnosis "almost one year ago" and stood down from his most recent role as sporting director at Swedish club Karlstad 11 months ago because of health issues.
"I live a totally normal life," Eriksson told BBC World Service's Sporting Witness.
"I'm not in hospital, I go now and then for a visit but I live at home and I have friends here. Christmas and New Year, the whole family were here - a lot of people.
"I'm going out to try and exercise as much as possible, which is less than it was one year ago, but I have a normal life.
"When you get a message like that, you appreciate every day and you are happy when you wake up in the morning and you feel OK, so that's what I'm doing.
"I thought I was fully healthy but suddenly I had a small stroke so I fell and my children took me to the hospital.
"After one day of examination they told me I had five small strokes, but said 'no problem, you will recover 100% from that', but worse is they said I have cancer which they can't operate on.
"They said they will give me treatment and medicine to try and live as long as possible. I have that diagnosis and they can't operate, unfortunately."

[/article]

Probably the best and most decorated Swedish manager ever. Won the UEFA cup with IFK Gothenburg in 1981.
Took Benfica to the European cup final and Uefa cup final in the late 80s.
He's been at it for a long time.
Say what you will about his business outside football, but he is a very kind man and should have been appointed to lead the national team at some point in his career but had a strange relationship with the Swedish FA.

Last edited:
Probably the best and most decorated Swedish manager ever. Won the UEFA cup with IFK Gothenburg in 1981.
Took Benfica to the European cup final and Uefa cup final in the late 80s.
He's been at it for a long time.
Say what you will about his business outside football, but he is a very kind man and should have been appointed to lead the national team at some point in his career but had a strange relationship with the Swedish FA.

I think that Lazio team that won the Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup and the Scuddtto was his crowning achievement - they really did play good football, as opposed to the drab shite we saw when he was managing England and that many fans judge him by.

That was some team talent-wise and also unique how many of those players - Mancini, Simeone, Simone Indzaghi, Nedved, Sergio Conceicao, Sinisa Mihailovic, Veron and Nesta - ended up either as managers or club presidents. That was perhaps the most high-IQ team in history of football.

Last edited:
@Hansern will be gutted . He's still recovering from him having a heart attack . He only just recovered at that point from the fact we never signed him..

Oh wrong Eriksen

I think that Lazio team that won the Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup and the Scuddtto was his crowning achievement - they really did play good football, as opposed to the drab shite we saw when he was managing England and that many fans judge him by.

That was some team talent-wise and also unique how many of those players - Mancini, Simeone, Simone Indzaghi, Nedved, Sergio Conceicao, Sinisa Mihailovic, Veron and Nesta - ended up either as managers or club presidents. That was perhaps the most high-IQ team in history of football.
I agree I just wanted to highlight what he managed to do teams that weren't exactly high profile

Sven had been with Italian lawyer Nancy Dell'Olio for three years when they moved to England for his job as team manager.

But by the start of 2002, he had embarked on an affair with fellow Swede Ulrika.

She later wrote of their fling: 'I carried on my pursuit for love, pausing briefly for a fumble under the covers with a nearly 60-year-old, Sven-Göran Eriksson.

'Remember him, the former England football manager?

'Yes, I am also trying to forget it because sex was about as exciting as assembling an IKEA bookcase, which is what makes my argument for a younger man inescapably convincing.'
I really feel for him... cancer and now this

She has not aged well. Anyway, Svennis did the right thing. Hit it and quit it.

She comes across as a bit crazy now, i don’t think anyone cares what she says

I hope Ulrika makes an appearance, perhaps as a sub? I heard she was a bit of a player herself back in the day.

So Torres really has been accepted back?
Seems to be often in our legends games, good.

Back
Top Bottom