• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabricio Coloccini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary25

Well-Known
EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool target Toon's Coloccini
Published 22:30 27/10/11 By Alan Nixon

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is stepping up his interest in Newcastle's cult hero skipper Fabricio Coloccini - and weighing up a transfer window move.

Director of football Damien Comolli personally lead a two-man delegation to watch the powerful Argentina centre-half as the Reds updated their dossier on him.

Coloccini has become one of the better defenders in the Premier League and Dalglish is looking to strengthen in that department now 33-year-old Jamie Carragher is officially at the veteran stage.

Newcastle, who have already sold Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique to Liverpool in 2011, would look for a big fee for a player who is the current number one idol of the Toon Army.

However, Dalglish is not afraid to spend to back his judgement and Newcastle could be pushed to sell if the offer is large enough or the player fancies the move.

Dalglish already has a handful of centre-halves in his squad, but is always on the look-out for improvement.

Coloccini, 29, has enough experience to slot straight into the side as the Anfield club target a top-four finish.

Dear Jesus.

He used to be absolute shite, and he's now not as bad. Why would we want another non-commanding centre-half? We already have about 45 of them.

I'm just going to assume this is baseless paper talk.

I'd have to seriously question the judgement (and positions) of our management team otherwise.

He'd be our third signing from Newcastle in a yr . One has proved decent , the other a donkey (ok a little unfair ) .. which way would he go ?

And is he any better than Cahill who we'd probably be able to get cheaper as he's in the last few months of his contract ? That's a genuine question , i've seen little of Cahill so i have no idea , i am just wondering on hype .

Doesn't Cahill have only 6 months left on his contract in January? If so, it'd probably make best sense to go after him.

Why exactly would be in for a not too good and not too young Coloccini is beyond me though.

I'm not saying I want him, but Coloccini is supposed to have been really tremendous for Newcastle for quite a while. Some commentator was on about the fact that how good they've been at the back is lless to do with Taylor doing well, and everything to do with your man marshalling the back line brilliantly. Haven't seen enough myself to judge, but just saying like.

He's been great, really improved since he joined. He was woeful, who knows what changed, maybe he didnt speak English and couldn't communicate.

Would be a big risk, on this form he wouldn't be that cheap from a selling club to a cash rich one. Who knows long long the good performances will last.

The only time i want to see this joke anywhere near a Liverpool shirt is when he's fouling one of our players in the box.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47320.msg1418181#msg1418181 date=1319759053]
Dear Jesus.

He used to be absolute shite, and he's now not as bad. Why would we want another non-commanding centre-half? We already have about 45 of them.
[/quote]

I came in here to post this, virtually word for word. Saved me a job there, Ryan.

[quote author=redsar link=topic=47320.msg1418238#msg1418238 date=1319786729]
Sabermetrics strikes again. I hope they know what they're doing.
[/quote]

I don't think sabremetrics was quite meant to identify a player having half a good season and then spend way above his market value to get him based on that.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=47320.msg1418178#msg1418178 date=1319758881]
EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool target Toon's Coloccini
Published 22:30 27/10/11 By Alan Nixon

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is stepping up his interest in Newcastle's cult hero skipper Fabricio Coloccini - and weighing up a transfer window move.

Director of football Damien Comolli personally lead a two-man delegation to watch the powerful Argentina centre-half as the Reds updated their dossier on him.

Coloccini has become one of the better defenders in the Premier League and Dalglish is looking to strengthen in that department now 33-year-old Jamie Carragher is officially at the veteran stage.Newcastle, who have already sold Andy Carroll and Jose Enrique to Liverpool in 2011, would look for a big fee for a player who is the current number one idol of the Toon Army.

However, Dalglish is not afraid to spend to back his judgement and Newcastle could be pushed to sell if the offer is large enough or the player fancies the move.

Dalglish already has a handful of centre-halves in his squad, but is always on the look-out for improvement.

Coloccini, 29, has enough experience to slot straight into the side as the Anfield club target a top-four finish.
[/quote]

Officially at the veteran stage? Is it a teenager who wrote this piece of bull??

Seem like we deserve to be front chest sponsors for the Toon army soon.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47320.msg1418392#msg1418392 date=1319804710]
[quote author=redsar link=topic=47320.msg1418238#msg1418238 date=1319786729]
Sabermetrics strikes again. I hope they know what they're doing.
[/quote]

I don't think sabremetrics was quite meant to identify a player having half a good season and then spend way above his market value to get him based on that.
[/quote]

Perhaps, there are some statistical glitches when it comes to players with long hair...

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47320.msg1418181#msg1418181 date=1319759053]
Dear Jesus.

[/quote]

This, pretty much. I don't think he's that bad, but just look at him, he looks like a disaster.

playing devil's advocate (but I haven't seen this player to be honest) maybe we are going for a CB that will allow us to play in a certain way, i.e. hold a high line, build attacks from the back. he may be non-commanding (again, I havent seen him) but as an example, piqué doesn't strike me as commanding but he definately allows barca to play in a certain manner that someone of sami's ilk (definately commanding) wouldn't be able to.

Whatever he might or might not add it would be an expensive deal for a player who will be 30 in January. We should have already learned lessons about these type of deals.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47320.msg1418655#msg1418655 date=1319886245]
Whatever he might or might not add it would be an expensive deal for a player who will be 30 in January. We should have already learned lessons about these type of deals.

[/quote]

I do agree with this.

Why do we need him anyway? We've bought Coates and we've got three good defenders already. we certainly don't need him at fullback either.

As a side note, I'm impressed with the Geordies, they're playing good football and scoring goals. Pardew has done well over the Summer.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47320.msg1418653#msg1418653 date=1319885809]
playing devil's advocate (but I haven't seen this player to be honest) maybe we are going for a CB that will allow us to play in a certain way, i.e. hold a high line, build attacks from the back. he may be non-commanding (again, I havent seen him) but as an example, piqué doesn't strike me as commanding but he definately allows barca to play in a certain manner that someone of sami's ilk (definately commanding) wouldn't be able to.
[/quote]

How does Pique allow Barca to play in a way that Sami wouldn't?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=47320.msg1418720#msg1418720 date=1319896234]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47320.msg1418653#msg1418653 date=1319885809]
[/quote]

How does Pique allow Barca to play in a way that Sami wouldn't?
[/quote]

the attacks start from the back. I think sami is one of (if not 'the' best defender) we've ever had but piqué plays from the back in a manner I don't think sami is capable of.

NEWCASTLE skipper Fabricio Coloccini is NOT a Liverpool target.

Reports in midweek newspapers that the Reds were looking at the Argentina defender were sparked by the presence of a Liverpool scout at St James’ Park for the defeat of Wigan.

And while Coloccini’s excellent form has been noted at Anfield – it could hardly have passed any diligent scouting team by – he is not a player that Kenny Dalglish wants.

Coloccini currently earns an estimated £4.2million a year – more than any Liverpool defender – and at 29 does not fit in with the long-term planning blueprint of the Anfield club.

No doubt that should soothe the fears of Newcastle fans concerned about Coloccini’s future.

Newcastle have offered him a contract and while the initial indications were that it could be concluded quickly, the two parties are still trying to thrash out a new deal.

The defender is happy at St James’ Park and with relations between dressing room and boardroom having improved of late, there is a determination to strike a deal for a key player.

Works out to be around 87.5k/wk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom