• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Farewell Warnie

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet- There was a poll
Honorary Member
https://t.co/Q83t5FWzTb

BREAKING: Australia cricket legend Shane Warne dies of suspected heart attack

ad5cc717966f1e7ba3a4fb5fcdad15e7

Australia cricket legend and the greatest leg-spinner of all-time, Shane Warne, has died, aged 52.Source: Getty Images

Warne’s management released a brief statement in the early hours of Saturday (AEDT), that he passed away in Koh Samui, Thailand, of a suspected heart attack.
“Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived,” the statement reads.
Watch Australia’s Tour of Pakistan on Kayo. Every Test, ODI and T20 Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

“The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.”
The news is the second devastating blow for Australian cricket within 24 hours with fellow great, Rod Marsh, also dying on Friday having suffered a major heart attack last week.

I will always remember "that" delivery against Mike Gatting.
A sad day for Aussie cricket losing Rod Marsh as well

Absolutely stunned. Only 12hrs ago he was tweeting about the tragic passing of Rod Marsh another legend of the game.

I'll always remember his ball against Mike Gatting, the ball of the century in the 1991 Ashes. Unbelievable cricketer and a damn good bloke. Raises tin to the sky.

Enjoy playing with God's 11

#ripwarnie #bowlingwarnie

Arguably the best player to ever walk on a cricket pitch and so entertaining with it!

At least Daryll Cullinan will be able to sleep at night now!

Just watched Shane on Amazon Prime.

I totally forgot in the midst of the 2005 ashes he was caught cheating on his then wife.

God the barmy army gave him some stick.

Australia is practically in a state of mourning.

Best bowler I’ve ever seen - him and McGrath bowling in tandem was a sight to behold m.

Australia is practically in a state of mourning.

Best bowler I’ve ever seen - him and McGrath bowling in tandem was a sight to behold m.
I can imagine. For well over a decade Warne terrorised every batsman.

Taken much too young.

Just got sent some pictures involving his holiday.

Let's just say he went out in a high.

Just got sent some pictures involving his holiday.

Let's just say he went out in a high.

The autopsy says differently. I'd think something like that would have been picked up during one of his medicals, unless it was something else that was recent that has the appearance of being congenital, wonder what that could be, beats me.

[article]
Shane Warne: Australian cricket legend died from natural causes - police

Australian cricket legend Shane Warne's death in Thailand on Friday was from natural causes, police have confirmed. A senior Thai police official said the post mortem exam showed no signs of foul play in the 52-year-old's death.

He was found unresponsive at the Thai villa where he was staying with friends. Attempts to revive him in hospital were unsuccessful. The post mortem exam showed Warne died of a "congenital disease", Songyot Chayaninporamet, deputy director of Samui Hospital, told a news conference, Reuters news agency reported. "There is no Covid-19 infection and no sign of assault or murder." Thailand's deputy police spokesman Krissana Pattanacharoen said in a statement: "Investigators received an autopsy report today in which a forensic doctor concludes the death was due to natural causes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60645939
[/article]

In the pictures (I suppose they may not have been from his recent holiday). One lady was lying beside him while another was giving him mouth to cock resuscitation.

I was probably a little too vague with my intial post.

I'm not sure if Shane Warne would be the type to get shocked by that in a drink and drug infused party in Thailand.

https://t.co/Q83t5FWzTb

BREAKING: Australia cricket legend Shane Warne dies of suspected heart attack

ad5cc717966f1e7ba3a4fb5fcdad15e7

Australia cricket legend and the greatest leg-spinner of all-time, Shane Warne, has died, aged 52.Source: Getty Images

Warne’s management released a brief statement in the early hours of Saturday (AEDT), that he passed away in Koh Samui, Thailand, of a suspected heart attack.
“Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived,” the statement reads.
Watch Australia’s Tour of Pakistan on Kayo. Every Test, ODI and T20 Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

“The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.”
The news is the second devastating blow for Australian cricket within 24 hours with fellow great, Rod Marsh, also dying on Friday having suffered a major heart attack last week.
Rip, makes you think.

Back
Top Bottom