• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fat George could be staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
We might go for Kone in the summer then @moron
[article]
Liverpool want to build on £150m transfer successes by offering key figure new deal
The decision to bring in the experienced German has paid dividends for Liverpool so far.
[/article]

Conflicting emotions about this. The result has worked out, but the DM process was a disorganized and very public mess. It does need reconciling with the fact he didn't have the time to put the groundwork into deals. Chelsea and Arsenal were speaking to Rice and Caicedo more than twelve months before their moves and that was a luxury he didn't have and the pivot to Endo looks to have been sensible.

Any plan is better than no plan, but given the general initial reaction to this appointment, the jury will remain out on him for a while.

Conflicting emotions about this. The result has worked out, but the DM process was a disorganized and very public mess. It does need reconciling with the fact he didn't have the time to put the groundwork into deals. Chelsea and Arsenal were speaking to Rice and Caicedo more than twelve months before their moves and that was a luxury he didn't have and the pivot to Endo looks to have been sensible.

Any plan is better than no plan, but given the general initial reaction to this appointment, the jury will remain out on him for a while.
This is a Klopp appointment isn't it? If Jorge takes credit for endo and Mac 10 goes to Ward. Who did the transfer Dom and Grav?

This is a Klopp appointment isn't it? If Jorge takes credit for endo and Mac 10 goes to Ward. Who did the transfer Dom and Grav?

We do not know the first question. People assume because they're German they've always been friends, which isn't the case. There would likely have been some collective decision-making to bring him in. As for who takes the praise for what, then I'd guess Jorge was useful in all three of the Bundesliga signings and Mac was probably wrapped up by Ward. We seemed to have been ahead of all other clubs on that.

Klopp and he worked pretty well in the summer, no? Apart from the whole Lavia/Caicedo bollocks we got ourselves entangled in....... If Klopp's happy to continue that partnership going then it's no issue with me.

Can’t complain with the results even if the process was as sloppy as Omar trying to take out Avon!

Well, it makes sense given the outcome of the summer window and how he and Klopp worked together.

But, it would be in the clubs best interest to get a long term appointment in place.

How on earth did he convince Henry to release 111m of funds?[/QUOTES]

He didn't did he really ? - Henry got a bit of a windfall from the sale of Fabinho and Henderson. Therefore Henry did not spend as much as he should have done in that window. For that reason I want us to buy Kone and Inacio this January.

He didn't did he really ? - Henry got a bit of a windfall from the sale of Fabinho and Henderson. Therefore Henry did not spend as much as he should have done in that window. For that reason I want us to buy Kone and Inacio this January.
We're not buying either despite how good they are.
Biggest reason is we don't have the money. 1) Our owners are tight, we spend what we make, and we make fuck all in profits 2)Stadium delays has added millions in cost and the up turn in revenue will not no happen till feb 3) Klopp is satisfied with the squad

Last edited:
We're not buying either despite how good they are?
Biggest reason is we don't have the money. 1) Our owners are tight, we spend what we make, and we make fuck all in profits 2)Stadium delays has added millions in cost and the up turn in revenue will not no happen till feb 3) Klopp is satisfied with the squad

I sometimes feel we really do bleed titles - but not in the sense it should mean - but in the sense that I can see us with a few more players (like 2) given that we won't have Thiago, and someone else that may retire from this team next summer, we could go onto winning the tile with a bit of ease given we are top. It is exactly the situations we have faced previously and failed to capitalize on due to our owners. You see that is the difference between us and Man City - if they smell a title they will do whatever is necessary to get that title.

I sometimes feel we really do bleed titles - but not in the sense it should mean - but in the sense that I can see us with a few more players (like 2) given that we won't have Thiago, and someone else that may retire from this team next summer, we could go onto winning the tile with a bit of ease given we are top. It is exactly the situations we have faced previously and failed to capitalize on due to our owners. You see that is the difference between us and Man City - if they smell a title they will do whatever is necessary to get that title.
We are a business venture, where as the other is a hobby. Sheikh Mansour is the 2nd most powerful man in the UAE by virtue of being the VP. Man City is like his Red Ferrari, wonderful to look at and will drink lots of petrol. We are a Tesla, purchased for Ubering customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom