• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fat Steve: New Magpies Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads... it could have been a lot worse for Newcastle.

It could have been David Moyes.

Imagine having that Gollum looking window licker as manager.

It’s worked wonders for Trump & Brexit... you might be on to something.

Infowars, conspiracy theorists, talk sport, farage, Boris, katie Hopkins, piers Morgan etc etc.

All are making money from blurting out utter nonsense and proclaiming it as the truth, knowing full well that some people will believe them and the people that don't will tell everyone about it, inadvertently getting the message out to more believers.

Bit like us when we got Rid of Rafa and installed Hodgson.. *shudders*

In fact Rafa has history when he leaves, club tend to decline

Valencia
Liverpool
Inter

Madrid won three CL in a row after he left. Chelsea also did alright.

A few years ago someone started a thread about Steve Bruce, I don't remember who it was, but the thread title was one of my all time favorites, "He's got a big fucking head."

Ever since, anytime I see him anywhere in the media, those exact words are always the first thing that come to mind, this thread was no different. :)

Joelinton: Newcastle sign Brazilian striker from Hoffenheim

Sharethis page
_107992761_joelinton-main.jpg

Joelinton scored 11 goals in 35 games for Hoffenheim last season
Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal.
The 22-year-old Brazilian is Steve Bruce's first signing since he was named the club's new head coach on Wednesday, replacing Rafael Benitez.
Joelinton scored 11 goals in 35 games for Hoffenheim last season, with seven of those coming in the Bundesliga.
He started his career at Brazilian side Sport Recife before moving to Germany in 2015.
The deal smashes the previous club record fee of £20m paid for Paraguay playmaker Miguel Almiron from MLS side Atlanta United in January.
"I'm really happy to be here," said Joelinton, who will wear the number nine shirt at St James' Park. "I know it is a huge responsibility, the great Alan Shearer, the team's biggest idol [wore it]. I know it is a big responsibility, but I am prepared.
"I know it is a large investment that the club has made in me, and that comes with a huge responsibility.
"I know that everybody at the club has faith in me having brought me here. I hope to contribute on the pitch. I am happy and prepared.
"Rest assured there will be no shortage of desire and dedication to score lots of goals and honour the number nine shirt."
Bruce said: "The kid has got an exciting time ahead of him. He is a smashing young player and we are obviously delighted to get him. It is been going on for a little bit now, so to get him is great for everybody.
"He has got everything that a modern-day player wants. He is big, strong and athletic, and of course he's got age on his side too which is vitally

Mike Ashley really is a cunt....

Won't give Rafa the cash to splash then appoints Bruce and gives him 40m to spunk on a striker

Sadistic bastard

Supposedly Rafa didn’t want him because he felt the lad was 20M overpriced, and wanted Rondon instead.

£40M for a striker who scored 7 league goals last season does seem quite excessive. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him play so can’t judge whether his potential makes him worth it.

They’d be as well signing Joelycett or Joecole...

£40M for a striker who scored 7 league goals last season does seem quite excessive. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him play so can’t judge whether his potential makes him worth it.

Yeah, agreed. But as you say, Ashley likes to invest in potential, so his young age was always going to be a huge factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom