• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FIFA Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lippy

Semolina No... ?????
Hahaha. Get on this. FIFA release their corruption report which exonerates Russia and Qatar and admonishes the English bid. That prick Jim Boyce saying how everyone should move on. Then the investigate Garcia turns around and said, nope that reports is not true at all. Cue Jim Boyce backtracking and FIFA showing yet again what corrupt lying cunts they are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30037729

They've surely got to release Garcias full report ?

They have to but with the whitewash report from Eckert you'd think they will fight that tooth and nail.
Garcias report will probably be the complete opposite of todays released report.

Could it be the end of FIFA as we know it if Garcias report is that damaging? Fucking hope so.

Once again international football exposed as a bloated circus of over-hyped bullshit. Never watch it anymore. No need. Every cunt that's an international can be seen taking the field when Chavs play Citeh or we play Southampton. Load of wank.

He's a former US prosecutor and that makes him a tough cookie who will take absolutely no sh!t from anybody. Good luck to him over this, though the appeal is to FIFA's own appeal committee so his chances of getting anywhere are somewhere South of bugger all.

Our own FA have obviously acted pretty shabbily themselves though. Not much use leading the fight against FIFA when their own hands are filthy.

I love the idea that FIFA have thrown mud at the hated English FA in an effort to persuade us that the Russians and Quatari's are fair dealers whilst we are rogues and then it all starts to unravel because the investigator says they are willfully spinning his report. Hahahaha

It's a bit like when kids are arguing and one throws an insult and the other says "I know that you are, but what am I?"

FIFA is accountable to no one. That's the bottom line. What does blather care if he's a laughing stock. He's untouchable.

The UN would have to get involved for anything to change. It's that absurd.

FIFA is accountable to no one. That's the bottom line. What does blather care if he's a laughing stock. He's untouchable.

The UN would have to get involved for anything to change. It's that absurd.

They are accountable to their Sponsors.

I was seething when the initial FIFA announcement was made. Then quickly pissed myself laughing when Garcia released his statement. It's like some sort of shit villiage panto..

The Russian FA destroyed all of its pc's .. and denied l access to emails ..no guilt there

Dykes a cunt too.

The top 10 nations should just Fuck off fifa and have their own tournaments in 2018 and 2022 . The rest would soon follow suit when the reality of a Scotland vs Macedonia final looms.

Fifa needs to die and internally the English fa needs a complete overhaul . Actually Fuck 'em all..

Could he go to CAS? They always seem to be able to overrule fifa

No, it was a response from Russia when America banned some of their "notable" people due to sanctions with reference to Ukraine. It was political, conveniently.

The Russian FA destroyed all of its pc's .. and denied l access to emails ..no guilt there

Dykes a cunt too.

The top 10 nations should just Fuck off fifa and have their own tournaments in 2018 and 2022 . The rest would soon follow suit when the reality of a Scotland vs Macedonia final looms.

Fifa needs to die and internally the English fa needs a complete overhaul . Actually Fuck 'em all..

Spot on. It's the most obvious cover-up imaginable, but it's also pretty clear that our FA has left itself in a very poor position to criticise.

Incidentally a guy called (if I heard it right) Jerome Champagne was interviewed on TalkSport yesterday. He's running against Blatter next time they have an election and came across very well. I just wonder whether, if enough of the people who matter think Blatter and his closest cronies are going to pull the whole thing down around them, there *might* be a chance for the anti-Blatter candidate next time.

It's a realpolitik case of dirty hands causing a succession of others to dirty their hands too. Warner was an absolutely appalling figure. People had been complaining about him for years. His hatred of England (and Britain as a whole) bordered on the psychotic. And he was allowed by FIFA to build up so much power, quite corruptly, and then use it to systematically block the plans of those countries he hated, England being right at the top of his list. So then England begin a campaign for a tournament, and thus have to deal with Warner. Warner then seizes on the chance to make England bow down at his feet. The US had to do the same. So did several other countries. And so it went on. No one remains in such a system without becoming corrupted. So no one escapes without censure. But for FIFA to preside over such a system, and indulge a crook like Warner, and then pick and choose who to condemn among the lower level players, is just a sick joke.

Exactly, it's the system that's the problem. The system itself attracts bad people and corrupts better ones, because of the power it gives its executives, and the total lack of restraint it places on it.

I'm not sure there's that much that can be done about it, other than continuing to investigate and campaign until it's forced via commercial self-interest to become more transparent. But the difficulty of having any kind of competing body means this is probably always going to be the tendency to some extent.

Blatter appears to run a grace and favour system and so holds some of the smaller footballing nations hostage by providing 'assistance' to all manner of 'programmes' proposed by unknown representatives who are given the purse strings to substantial amounts of money awash in the game (reportedly sometimes in cash). Of course these representatives as delegates continue to vote him in together with his laissez faire methods. A proper CEO and organization would want them to account for expenditure and they don't want that do they?

I reckon Blatter will die in post and nothing will change until then.

What's new ?

People talk about the mafia but I think the biggest organized crime syndicate in the world is probably FIFA.

Much of the world seem to forget or ignore the hundreds, if not, thousands of Brazilian lives affected drastically and painfully in the previous World Cup. Same goes for the one in SA.

Lobbyists claim it's for the greater good of the host country. Yes but at what cost ? And by what means ? Does injustice and corruption justify the building of a nation through a corrupt WC ?

Amnesty International, an organization rarely associated nor mentioned in football circles just released a news statement that Qatar and FIFA have largely ignored and neglected the plight of thousands of migrants who are working at building sites, etc.

Just last year alone about 100+ have died and nobody seems to give much care.

Many promises have been made by Qatar and FIFA amid growing alarm at the inhumane treatment of the migrants, only to be met with apathy and minimal progress.

Much blood have been spilt and those responsible in FIFA will have to pay eventually, one way or another

The consequences of corruption runs far deeper than just say, causing someone's pocket to increase. It is an evil that erodes deep into the hierarchies of society and affects not just all of us but especially the ones at the lower end of society i.e the poor and the ones who are helpless to fend for themselves. Corruption destroy lives.

And when you think carefully and trace the trail of damage it leaves behind, you'll soon realize it destroys the beautiful game bit by bit, through time.

Good points, well made MBBR. Unfortunately unless there are pictures of emaciated children tied to machinery with a slave driver standing over them with a whip in hand then no-one gives a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom