• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Flanno charged with assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-player-jon-flanagan-14084669.amp

Liverpool FC player Jon Flanagan has been charged with assault following an incident in the city centre.

The 24-year-old was quizzed by police after he was arrested in the early hours of December 22.

He is now due to appear in court in the new year after being accused of common assault.

Flanagan was questioned by officers after police were called to an incident on Duke Street at around 3.20am last Friday.

Following those inquiries he was charged with Section 39 Common Assault and released on conditional bail ahead of a Liverpool Magistrates’ Court appearance next week.

A spokeswoman said: “Merseyside Police can confirm that Jonathan Patrick Flanagan, aged 24, from Cressington in Liverpool has been charged with Section 39 common assault following an incident on Duke Street in Liverpool city centre at around 3.20am on Friday, December 22.”

It was only a matter of time before he did some damage off the pitch. He is like the terminator on the pitch

Sad. It has to be tough for players in a small city where they can't really avoid dickhead fans, especially those of a rival team. Not sure what happened here, just a general comment. Not that I have much sympathy for players earning far more than they ever should (here I go on my nurses, doctors, preaching gig again). Pissed any future he had at Liverpool up the wall I'd assume.

I forgot he still played for us, that probably indicates he needs to move on if he wants to have a career at some point.

Bothered
a5e6b20758afa8a93c21cc1bc8de677f.gif

Wtf is he doing out at 3.20am? Dick head fans or not whys he put himself in that position in the first place?

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

Wtf is he doing out at 3.20am? Dick head fans or not whys he put himself in that position in the first place?

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier were downing pints at the Darts on Sky Sports last night.

"My dad used to play here but he got let go when he was a scholar," says Flanagan Jr. "He told me about the mistakes that he'd made and admitted that he maybe hadn't had the right attitude. His message was that he didn't want the same thing to happen to me, that he'd missed his chance and he didn't want me to miss mine. That was a big thing for me because I was able to listen to that advice and take it into training.

"There aren't too many players who are fortunate enough to have a dad who's been in a similar position to them when they were younger, so it's up to me to make the most of that advice. He was a great player. I've heard many stories about him. He was a forward and he used to clean Kenny Dalglish's boots but he was just one of the many who didn't make the grade here."

I'm not sure if it's sad or just pathetic, but for a young player, who grew up with stories about how his dad missed out on a playing career with Liverpool, to actually make a breakthrough only to seemingly throw it away, well, it's such a waste. I don't think there was any problem with his attitude before his injury, but something's really gone badly wrong since. The spell at Burnley was so horribly unsuccessful I'm amazed we took him back into the squad. I'd like to think that this will be a wake up call, but I fear he knows he's finished. That's probably in part what precipitated this.

Dont think Flanagan ever had a chance. Probably had the right mindset but he wasn't/isn't that talented.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42545515

What an absolute fucking lowlife.

"District Judge Wendy Lloyd said she had been given a breakdown of the CCTV, which showed Flanagan assaulting his partner on "several occasions" and kicking her at one point."

I remember Cisse being destroyed on this site for similar so presume flanagan is going to get the same.
I guess he's finished with us now if he wasn't already and we'll try and get him off the books asap.

He's just Flanno'd his own career there. Sure he'll find Stan Collymore sticking up for him at least

Fucking hell, thats pathetic behaviour. What kind of lowlife does that to their girlfriend/wife.

Terminate his contract. Hitting her several times and then kicking her. Fuck that, out of the club.

Atrocious behavior. No excuse, but I don't want to see the kid have his contract terminated. Give him a chance to learn from it. If it's a rock bottom, it can help the kid. If he doesn't off with his head.

It should be terminated just for the fact he's rubbish

What a shit bunch.
More than a couple who've hit this other half
Didn't downing smack his missus n all?

his (at the time) record salary for a teenager granted to him by Dalglish, while FSG didn't know him and Flan's dad were best mates was the first thing that caused FSG to look into all of Dalglish's other deals. I'm not gonna go on about it but it's a story of gangsters and corruption, the Flanagans even owned those Carragher bars that went pop the minute the bills arrived. It'll be good if the club can distance themselves from all this asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom