• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Flops of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
For fox.
Van Persie and Given for me.
Both ive seen be brilliant in the league. Both were fucking muck.

RvP, Given are definite.

Eriksen - thought he'd shine.
Kerzakov (sp? Russian striker with 500 shots and no goals).

I would suggest the whole Dutch team. Their front 6 has as much talent as any, yet they barely mustered a goal.
Podolski for the Germans, looked anonymous in every game.

Is a flop not someone who was hyped up to the last who then disappointed massively?
I dont think Given falls under that category, although he was pretty awful, bar one amazing save against Spain

Robben
Van Persie
The Dutch defensive line, although it was pretty obvious beforehand that they'd be shit.
Rasmus Elm, expected more from him.
Ashley Young
Benzema, not a flop per se 'cause he's got two assists, but no goals so far....
Given was shockingly bad.

I think RVP is the only genuine flop. Everyone other player with expectations on him has performed to a defensible standard.

Eriksen may have been quiet but I'd say it's a little unreasonable to say a 20 year old playing for a weak side in the group of death flopped.

Not the whole Irish team though. Keith Andrews can hold his head his head up high for fighting tooth and nail in every game. He obviously lacks the quality to be a big team player but he wasnt going down without a fight, which showed in his frustrations when he was red carded. Definitely our player of the tournament, which, in fairness there wasnt a lot of competition for.

I think RVP is the only genuine flop. Everyone other player with expectations on him has performed to a defensible standard.

Eriksen may have been quiet but I'd say it's a little unreasonable to say a 20 year old playing for a weak side in the group of death flopped.

It's valid, but considering the hype for him (not just from khl), it's not unrealistic to say he flopped under the pressure.

Eriksen has been alright, i'd expected a lot more though, maybe thats KHL's fault, he did show some quality touches and you can tell he's got ability.

RVP for me the stand out one. Though a lot of Dutch players failed to impress obviously.

Had a close eye on Elm to see if there was something I had missed. I'm affraid there wasn't and I won't believe we are genuinely interested.

Eriksen I have already covered but as Keni rightly points out it's obviously not all black and white. He did however not look like the player of Ajax and Denmark during their qualifiers. Learned a lot hopefully and will come back stronger.

All in all this tournament has been good and as such not many players have let their fans down in general. Apart from Hollands and to some extent Russias too.

Eriksen has been alright, i'd expected a lot more though, maybe thats KHL's fault, he did show some quality touches and you can tell he's got ability.
I am willing to take some of the blame for that, yes.

I think its too early to call Benzema and Muller and Cassano etc as flops.
Especially Benzema given that they are all still in the tourney and have a chance to make their mark.
Ericksen, Van Persie etc they fucked it so fair game but Benzema has only had two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom