• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forum Changes

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Due to inactivity, the Betting and Gamers and Geeks forums have now been closed and moved to the relevant forums..

Gamers and Geeks topic have been merged with the old Music, Books TV and Film Forum and renamed to the Entertainment and Tech Forum

Betting Prefixes have been added to the relevant forums under 'Betting'

These are available in the Football Forum, Other Sports & General Chat

When creating a Betting Thread.. please use the Prefix's.. this enables the search function to work more efficiently.. all previous betting threads are now using these in these 3 forums.

There are also Prefixes for Matchday in the Football Forum and Xpert Eleven Tags in the General Chat Forum

1705235272302.png

Due to inactivity, the Betting and Gamers and Geeks forums have now been closed and moved to the relevant forums..

Gamers and Geeks topic have been merged with the old Music, Books TV and Film Forum and renamed to the Entertainment and Tech Forum

When creating a Betting Thread.. please use the Prefix's.. this enables the search function to work more efficiently.. all previous betting threads are now using these in these 3 forums.

There are also Prefixes for Matchday in the Football Forum and Xpert Eleven Tags in the General Chat Forum

View attachment 3109

View attachment 3109
Love the change in the forum format. However would appreciate a "Read" icon for every thread if I do not want to read that particular thread.

Are you'd doing something about the character counter? It blocks the text when I'm writing...like here as you can see now,

I'm finding the similar threads section at the end of threads a bit annoying. Not sure what the concensus is, but I'll raise it anyway.!

I'm finding the similar threads section at the end of threads a bit annoying. Not sure what the concensus is, but I'll raise it anyway.!
oh come on seriously..
It useful. For anyone anyone visiting the forums..

But yeh I understand your point.

Last edited:
Is there a button to take me to the next unread post in a thread? Thanks for all you good work. x
Clicking on the thread title you are watching should take you to the first unread post..

If alk posts are read, you would know this as the thread title would not be in bold. You are then taken to the first post of the thread

This is by design

Jono

@Modo
I will try to find the phrase for it and edit it so only the number shows. It should be obvious to anyone when they are typing it's counting the characters lol

Agreed with Jon and the numbers... People don't like change that's thrust upon them. BUT... I think the general rule of thumb you should take is... if something is genuinely annoying/intrusive e.g. that lightning bolt and the character thing on a mobile. Then fair game... if it's just a change i.e. similar threads, even if the algorythym is shite... should be lower priority.

You are both doing a steller job guys. I'm still waiting for those PayPal deets to buy you both a drink.

E.g. similar threads to this..

Let's play a game? hahaha....

Morning team. I seem to have some issue accessing the site. I was browsing on the lap top this morning and then I got an error message so I assumed it was down for maintenance or something similar. But a little while ago while still unable to access the site on my laptop, I got an alert on my phone. At first I couldn't access the site through my phone either until I switched from my home wifi to just data.
So, it's working fine on my phone now using data but I can't access it via my home WiFi.
Any thoughts on the problem?

@the count Still an issue? The problem will be where your DNS (internet address book) is coming from and how 'sticky' it is. If it is still a problem you need to flush the DNS on your wifi router. Let me know

Any way we can set the default to go to last point?

If you click a read thread it goes to the first post instead.

@the count Still an issue? The problem will be where your DNS (internet address book) is coming from and how 'sticky' it is. If it is still a problem you need to flush the DNS on your wifi router. Let me know
I'm out all day but will get back to you later when I check

Reactions: dee
FWIW the new IP seems to have fixed the problem with hotmail/live.ie.

Sorry mate. Back home now. Nothing had changed. I have an apache2 ubuntu default page when I try the site address. I have went into my router but can't figure out how to flush the dns. Any other ideas

Change the DNS provider on your router

See what happens.

You haven't got any safe child friendly web related settings enabled have you by your ISP These tend to use alternative DNS services. To filter the traffic.

They started doing this over here by default.. to meet some online safety Bill bollock, you can opt out..

You can usually disable this in the router. If not you should be able to do it when managing your account online or by contacting your ISP..

Back
Top Bottom