• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Freebies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Considering money is tight, is there any free agents you wouldn't mind the club signing as squad options? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Player{/th}
{th}Age{/th}
{th}Nat.{/th}
{th}Current club{/th}
{th}Market value{/th}
{th}Rumours{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:2}
100986-1523352221.jpg
{/td}
{td}Thomas Meunier{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right-Back{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}28{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=rowspan:2}{/td}
{td}Paris SG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£21.60m {/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
52769-1575041246.jpg
{/td}
{td}Willian{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Right Winger{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}31{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Chelsea{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£20.25m {/td}
{td}1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
48280-1510225691.jpg
{/td}
{td}Edinson Cavani{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}33{/td}
{td}
{/td}

{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Paris SG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
50.png
Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£18.00m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
146795-1481812691.jpg
{/td}
{td}Ryan Fraser{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Left Winger{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}26{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Bournemouth{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£15.75m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
344596-1482166351.jpg
{/td}
{td}Malang Sarr{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Back{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}21{/td}
{td}
{/td}

{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}OGC Nice{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£14.40m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
43250-1454412963.jpg
{/td}
{td}Jan Vertonghen{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Back{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}33{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Spurs{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Premier League{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£13.05m {/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
48067-1572533029.png
{/td}
{td}Artem Dzyuba{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Centre-Forward{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}31{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Zenit S-Pb{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Premier Liga{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£11.70m {/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
126710-1413961428.jpg
{/td}
{td}Layvin Kurzawa{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Left-Back{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}27{/td}
{td}
{/td}

{td}
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Paris SG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} Ligue 1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}

{td}£10.80m {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Kurzawa is going to Arsenal isn't he? Did I imagine that?

We will probably sign Fraser. I'm seeing a repeat of the Gareth Barry summer all over again

I think more than this year's freebies, we'll be looking at players whose contracts are expiring in 2021, and see if we can pick one of them up on the cheap.

Quite a few interesting players in that bracket:

Dayot Upamecano
Ferran Torres
Bukayo Saka
Memphis Depay
Piotr Zielinski
Matthias Ginter

I bet Edwards is closely monitoring this lot.

I think more than this year's freebies, we'll be looking at players whose contracts are expiring in 2021, and see if we can pick one of them up on the cheap.

Quite a few interesting players in that bracket:

Dayot Upamecano
Ferran Torres
Bukayo Saka
Memphis Depay
Piotr Zielinski
Matthias Ginter

I bet Edwards is closely monitoring this lot.

These certainly fit the profile of the player we would usually sign.

Upamecano I think can be chalked off. He'll still be going to sizeable money as there's plenty of interest.

Saka looks an excellent prospect and Torres would certainly increase our threat in 4-3-3 when Salah and Mane are out.

Ginter potential Lovren replacement, although I'd like to see Hoever offered that chance.

Zielinski would depend on Wijnaldum contract talks. Klopp has been linked with him strongly before. I think he was the first choice instead of Wijnaldum?

These certainly fit the profile of the player we would usually sign.

Upamecano I think can be chalked off. He'll still be going to sizeable money as there's plenty of interest.

Saka looks an excellent prospect and Torres would certainly increase our threat in 4-3-3 when Salah and Mane are out.

Ginter potential Lovren replacement, although I'd like to see Hoever offered that chance.

Zielinski would depend on Wijnaldum contract talks. Klopp has been linked with him strongly before. I think he was the first choice instead of Wijnaldum?
Yeah, I think he was. If Wijnaldum extends, don't think we'll be in for Zielinski.

Maddock said our top targets were Werner and Aouar. I hope we're still keeping tabs on Aouar because I think he's really excellent, and will add something different to our midfield.

Saka is the obvious one - screams a Klopp player - and if Arsenal can't get him to commit, we simply must get in and make sure he comes to us. Superb talent.

I like the look of Ferran Torres, though he's still pretty raw. The two players I'd be seriously monitoring are Gabriel Veron and Kaio Jorge from Brazil. One of them is going to be a superstar, and given our large Brazilian contingent, you'd expect we'd have some serious pulling power when it comes to Brazilians now.

Palmeiras, especially, are reported to have financial troubles, so they'll look to sell Veron very soon. We should look at making a bid seriously.

[article]The cover of the latest Wednesday edition of Sport Bild packs a wallop for fans of Bayern Munich: “Thiago close to leaving, Bayern now changing its plans!” the teaser on the cover reads.

“Thiago oder nix!” has been the mantra since Pep Guardiola brought Thiago with him from Barcelona. Could the midfield maestro really leave his home for the past seven years? According to Sport Bild, the answer is increasingly “yes.”

Bayern and Thiago had already reached agreement about extending the Spaniard’s contract, which expires at the end of the 2020/21 season, in early May. All that was left to do was for Thiago to sign it. But Thiago just could not bring himself to do it — at least not yet.

According to Sport Bild, he feels good in Munich and is happy with both his teammates and new head coach Hansi Flick. His family is also happy in Munich. But at the age of 29, Thiago is hesitating because this moment is probably his last opportunity to transfer to one of the other European heavyweights before he enters the twilight of his career.

One of those clubs is rumored to be Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool FC. Thiago would be an ideal replacement for Naby Keïta, who joined Liverpool in 2018 after a stellar run at RB Leipzig. Keïta has not lived up to expectations in the Premier League. But it seems doubtful that Liverpool would spring for Thiago after passing on Timo Werner, who joined Chelsea for a transfer fee of €50 million. Thiago would almost undoubtedly cost at least as much.

A return to Spain in the current transfer market also seems rather implausible. Sky Sport is reporting that Juventus has just agreed to Arthur for €80 million “while talks continue over Juve star Miralem Pjanic, who is wanted at Camp Nou.” Barca wants to pay €70 million, while Juventus wants €80 million. Either way, Pjanic, like Thiago, is a 30-year-old central midfielder. If the deal goes through as expected, only Real Madrid would be a realistic destination for Thiago in La Liga, and not his Catalan home.

Back in Munich, the Bayern bosses are reportedly holding course: Leon Goretzka has been excellent alongside Joshua Kimmich, so they theoretically would not need an immediate replacement. Hansi Flick has also been pleased with the development of Michael Cuisance, whose profile as an attacking midfielder is somewhat similar, while Adrian Fein will join the team next season as a more defensive option at the end of his loan to Hamburg.

Thiago says he knows it sounds crazy not to extend, but it anyone can talk sense into him, it’s the front office of Bayern Munich.[/article]

Thiago is 29 and has a terrible injury history. I don't think we'll be in for him at all.

I don't see us signing a CM if Wijnaldum extends. Klopp will see what he has in Curtis Jones, who looks like a very good talent.

If Keita is sold, we'll probably then go looking at someone like Aouar.

Yeah, I think he was. If Wijnaldum extends, don't think we'll be in for Zielinski.

Maddock said our top targets were Werner and Aouar. I hope we're still keeping tabs on Aouar because I think he's really excellent, and will add something different to our midfield.

Saka is the obvious one - screams a Klopp player - and if Arsenal can't get him to commit, we simply must get in and make sure he comes to us. Superb talent.

I like the look of Ferran Torres, though he's still pretty raw. The two players I'd be seriously monitoring are Gabriel Veron and Kaio Jorge from Brazil. One of them is going to be a superstar, and given our large Brazilian contingent, you'd expect we'd have some serious pulling power when it comes to Brazilians now.

Palmeiras, especially, are reported to have financial troubles, so they'll look to sell Veron very soon. We should look at making a bid seriously.
Here's Gabriel Veron. He'd be the perfect Klopp wide forward.

I like Gomez, he's another David Silva in the making but he needs games and I'm not sure we'd be able to give them to him
As a replacement for Lalana hell yes but then we've supposedly earmarked that tolerate to Curtis Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom